Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 07:01:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 177 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why have Bitcoin instead of cash?  (Read 246121 times)
Mr. Big
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1179

While my guitar gently weeps!!!

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 08:13:19 AM

because cash value is always decreasing a year after a year . while bitcoin has a ups and down movements in prices. So why not taking the risk with the possibility of making profit by time

It's normal that cash value to depreciate, even if you save your money into bitcoin, you could still feel that...Bitcoin to buy things, you still need to convert it to fiat, definitely there is a payment on the exchange sites, while cash is as ease...The thing is, you will buy on physical stores and the price is based on fiat..
DeDordtenaar

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 09:16:06 AM

because cash value is always decreasing a year after a year . while bitcoin has a ups and down movements in prices. So why not taking the risk with the possibility of making profit by time
Lol I didn't know you got this news from anywhere? I think the paper money or cash is not reduced each year. the bank will not reduce the amount of paper money. except only for renewal

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,         
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖       
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌     
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,   
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`   
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████     
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜       
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀         
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin | Private, Secure & Untraceable Cryptocurrency |  Enigma
Forum | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Slack |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
KennyR

Activity: 2310
Merit: 532

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 02:56:13 AM

Lol I didn't know you got this news from anywhere? I think the paper money or cash is not reduced each year. the bank will not reduce the amount of paper money. except only for renewal

Well the paper Money value is not decreasing, it has a standard value. As it has got digital form carrying of physical cash is not required only internet access is enough to use it.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
avw1982

Activity: 644

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 03:03:47 AM

It's normal that cash value to depreciate, even if you save your money into bitcoin, you could still feel that...Bitcoin to buy things, you still need to convert it to fiat, definitely there is a payment on the exchange sites, while cash is as ease...The thing is, you will buy on physical stores and the price is based on fiat..

Nope its not like that. It is really fast When you pay a cheque from another bank into your bank, the bank will often hold that money for several days, because it can’t trust that the funds are really available, unlike today transactions are pending for 2 to 7 days for confirmation.
No government can take it away from me , if i use it wisely they cant even track me...
WhatTheGox
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 10:17:55 AM

I recently paid for some local tacos using Bitcoin. My friend who was unfamilar with Bitcoin thought it was strange, like I technically didn't pay for them or something. We got into discussing Bitcoin and one of the questions he asked me was:
"Why would you want Bitcoins instead of cash?". For a second I didn't know what to say; then I thought about it and here is what I came up with. Feel free to contribute to this.

1) More security (especially if you are careful).

2) Bitcoins are a potential investment, cash is not. Paper currency only really goes down in value, Bitcoins have a lot of potential to be worth more as time goes on.

3) Fast, worldwide transactions at your fingertips.

4) Similar to #3, but it's a universal currency. It's legal in most countries of the world and you don't need any kind of currency conversion to send money to people in a different country than your own.

I agree with all your statements but would also throw in:
1. We've been using plastic as currency for quite some time, not cash, why do you find it different?
2. This has become even easier with chip & pin and now contactless payment/applepay. Can you see the way the world is moving.
3. We need to move towards a future, whatever that is it involves some variant of digital currency as so many companies are using blockchain technology. This way I'm on the curve instead of lagging behind.
DimensionZ

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

Shit, did I leave the stove on?

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 10:25:12 AM

What's stopping people from using both Bitcoin and cash depending on the circumstances? I for one would like to use whichever is the most optimal for the task at hand. Say you need to travel abroad and decide not to bring cash with you and there people on Localbitcoins will try to rip you off by offering crazy rates for your coins, couldn't it be better to use cash instead? Or you need to send money abroad but don't want to pay more fees via a bank transfer then you will send Bitcoins.

relq

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 11:13:11 AM

Because bitcoin is more flexible and we don't need to bring physical unit fiat to buying or paying something. And with bitcoin you can do it all with online and no need to go outsite to do that.
rababo

Activity: 490

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 11:29:55 AM

Bitcoin is easy to use and more secure. I can use it if I want to buy something online, and it can be use for investment or trading.
You can bring a lot of money without any worries to be robbed.
Skjöld

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 11:40:14 AM

Having bitcoins is far better than cash. You can't get restricted, you can pay worldwide, faster and sometims with great discounts and you're money is more and more valuable, at the inverse of cash where you constantly lose money.
Zaun

Activity: 770

Forza Roma

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 12:58:37 PM

Having bitcoins is far better than cash. You can't get restricted, you can pay worldwide, faster and sometims with great discounts and you're money is more and more valuable, at the inverse of cash where you constantly lose money.

Indeed, its way better because of all these facts, you can also net get robbed at all plus its also very fast compared with other currency's.
Plus another fact is that you cannot lose it because its safe in your wallet.
RobinHoodster

Activity: 350

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 02:12:52 PM

Because with Bitcoin it is an investment and it gives you the opportunity to make more money with it and you cannot do that with just cash. And with cash you cannot pay online. 
Crazygreek

Activity: 378
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 12:23:42 AM

Your advatages are good but with cash you can pay anywere witout any problem. Also with cash you can be sure that you money with you and they will not dissapere.

nostal02

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 02:32:12 AM

Because with Bitcoin it is an investment and it gives you the opportunity to make more money with it and you cannot do that with just cash. And with cash you cannot pay online. 

There is really a lot of investment that we can do with bitcoin and its easy to make money with it,cash is good for offline use only and bitcoin is for online use.
draceus

Activity: 245

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 03:59:19 AM

Indeed, its way better because of all these facts, you can also net get robbed at all plus its also very fast compared with other currency's.
Plus another fact is that you cannot lose it because its safe in your wallet.

yeah I agree with you friend  bitcoin is power full currency because  when you have money that is not good  for you what  time what happen your life you don,t know but when you have some bitcoin  that is good for your future

vero

Activity: 518

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 04:36:12 AM

so if you buy stuff use bitcoin isn't same like you lose money in cash, I mean in your real life you will use cash money for your life. it's same like you spend cash money for buy bitcoin but you can get profit from bitcoin.

goinmerry
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 05:07:11 AM

There is a lot of difference there. Bitcoin stays online and no one can steal it except you have been hack and that would be nearly impossible except you are really careless or someone is making a fool out of you.

Your cash is in your pocket or in your wallet. It can be stolen anytime specially in a country where there is so much crime just like mine.
cazkooo
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1013

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 05:46:09 AM

There is a lot of difference there. Bitcoin stays online and no one can steal it except you have been hack and that would be nearly impossible except you are really careless or someone is making a fool out of you.

You are making a fool out of yourself with this kind of post. Everything that stays online could be hacked and there is a good chance that it could be stolen as well. If you wants your coins to be safe then start using cold wallet to avoid the connectivity to the internet because there is nothing safe in the internet
armansolis593

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 05:52:13 AM

I have bitcoin because i normally send money to my family on a monthly basis and its cheap and fast to them money no matter how many amount you send and it has low fees.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 05:59:07 AM

I have bitcoin because i normally send money to my family on a monthly basis and its cheap and fast to them money no matter how many amount you send and it has low fees.

this is one of the best benefits of using bitcoin. i have used it a couple of times too, comparing it to other methods of sending money oversees bitcoin is a lot better. now i can save up a lot of fees and they receive more this way because i pay less fees. and it is fast too.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Mr. Big
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1179

While my guitar gently weeps!!!

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 06:01:41 AM

Well atleast if you will just send it to their account, but to cashout, the fees on remittance centers and banks are still the same and no discount at all, except if the egivecash option on security banks are present in their location, that was free of charge...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 177 »
  Print  

Jump to: