Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:49:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Greece agrees to test parallel cryptocurrency on small island  (Read 3032 times)
solid12345 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 02:16:27 PM

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102815706

This is a historic first I would say isn't it?
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoiner2015

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 02:32:07 PM

What?! Why would they use NautilusCoin that can hardly be bought anywhere, instead of Bitcoin or even a major Alt?
Makes no sense, seems like it might be either a lie, or an almost uninhabited island, maybe owned by the creator of NautilusCoin
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 02:42:21 PM

This is both silly and borderline delusional.
The coin only have 31 BTC volume even now that it's getting pumped.
54% price increase at the time of writing. Why would anyone other than gamblers want to hold their savings in such a volatile form?

It doesn't even have a block explorer to take a look at the distribution.

Not your keys, not your coins!
sofu
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1085

Degenerate Crypto Gambler

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 02:47:42 PM

Much luck lol

Greek people can ask Bryce Weiner to make NAUT POS. Maybe they love his skill and attitude in fixing problems

I will never touch this shitcoin again

reRaise

Activity: 868

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 02:50:53 PM

I though we already were over with these country coin scams.
Hazard
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2015, 02:52:27 PM

History repeats itself. People here never learn. Wink

tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 02:54:27 PM

That is a bit random, okay so if it is a success then what? surely the obvious choice is Bitcoin, interesting to keep an eye on this.
solid12345 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 02:57:35 PM

Tell me, how do you suggest Greece adopt Bitcoin? How will the nation buy Bitcoin with money they don't have to give to people who have no clue what a digital currency is? The challenges are all the same for crypto whether its Bitcoin or a lowly alt. I don't get the negativity, this is a small pilot program for a few thousand people, the Greeks on this island have nothing to lose as it sounds like they will be given the currency for free, how are they getting scammed exactly?

Activity: 288
Merit: 102

Yin Yang religion of wisdom, harmony

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 03:02:15 PM

lol, Auroracoin mark 2

Angistri population    1.120
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angistri

Thank you for not sending browny points, much appreciated.

4D Torus Earth https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5042249.msg46425670#msg46425670
chryspano
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 04:37:11 PM

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102815706

This is a historic first I would say isn't it?

Could you please stop misleading people? There is a huge difference between the title of this thread "Greece agrees to..." and the title of the news you quoted "Greek island agrees to..."

And then again there is also a huge difference between "Greek island agrees to..." and "Some idiots in a Greek island agreed to..."
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 05:18:24 PM

Stopped reading when I read nautiluscoin in the article.. What a bullshit news, has no value at all.. Please bring something real next time.
sofu
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 05:30:18 PM

Nice wallets on trex  Cheesy

solid12345 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 05:47:45 PM

Stopped reading when I read nautiluscoin in the article.. What a bullshit news, has no value at all.. Please bring something real next time.

The logo was actuallay pretty cool Cheesy One of the best I've seen around imo. Would be cool to see some life back into it. We can all wish Wink

It's always amusing to read what coins people praise while bashing others.

Btw the town will also be adopting NXT and Supernet as well but I don't see anyone bitching about that.
barbierir

Activity: 515
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2015, 06:03:07 PM

Btw the town will also be adopting NXT and Supernet as well but I don't see anyone bitching about that.

This was the expectation: either Nxt or a token created with the MonetarySystem but it's still unconfirmed, the news of Nautiluscoin has been a total surprise for Nxt community. Its relation with Nxt, if any, is still a mistery. The guy behind this project has promised a lot more news but for now there are more questions than answers!

◈▣ KOMODO ● Set Your Ideas Free ▣◈
.......AN ECOSYSTEM FOR NATIVE BLOCKCHAINS.......
Blockchain Generator | Decentralized Crowdfunding | Decentralized Exchange | Bitcoin Security | Zero-Knowledge Proofs | Blockchain Interoperability | Scalable Infrastructure
solid12345 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 06:14:43 PM

This was the expectation: either Nxt or a token created with the MonetarySystem but it's still unconfirmed, the news of Nautiluscoin has been a total surprise for Nxt community. Its relation with Nxt, if any, is still a mistery. The guy behind this project has promised a lot more news but for now there are more questions than answers!

I'll admit it comes as a surprise to me, I was led to believe BK had abandoned Naut and was instead propping up NXT now, but to me he finally did good on his investors in finding SOME use case for the coin unlike alot of devs around here who cut and run when things don't go their way.
sofu
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 06:15:23 PM

Poor people in Greek have no Euros. But they will own Nautiluscoin bags from Brian Kelly next week. I guess its better than nothing  Grin

ifightformerkel
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 06:18:59 PM

Why they choose nautilus coin.

Why not bitcoin?

I dont understand it.

They should choose Cloakcoin or NXT, or even XRA Ratecoin, but not nautilus coin.  Roll Eyes
barbierir

Activity: 515
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2015, 06:52:16 PM

Why not bitcoin?

I dont understand it.

They should choose Cloakcoin or NXT, or even XRA Ratecoin, but not nautilus coin.  Roll Eyes

For use in the local economy of a small one-thousand people island I'd use a purpose created token. By using the Nxt Monetary-System you create the token and have control on the supply and distribution, you also don't need worrying about network security. The island administration would probably try a 1:1 peg with Eur that could even work if it remains in local use only. Rumors had that Drachmeconnect had developed a mobile wallet that supported MScoins. I hope it ends well but this a very puzzling development.

◈▣ KOMODO ● Set Your Ideas Free ▣◈
.......AN ECOSYSTEM FOR NATIVE BLOCKCHAINS.......
Blockchain Generator | Decentralized Crowdfunding | Decentralized Exchange | Bitcoin Security | Zero-Knowledge Proofs | Blockchain Interoperability | Scalable Infrastructure
Hollowman338
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 08:33:37 PM

Why not bitcoin?

I dont understand it.

For use in the local economy of a small one-thousand people island I'd use a purpose created token. By using the Nxt Monetary-System you create the token and have control on the supply and distribution, you also don't need worrying about network security. The island administration would probably try a 1:1 peg with Eur that could even work if it remains in local use only. Rumors had that Drachmeconnect had developed a mobile wallet that supported MScoins. I hope it ends well but this a very puzzling development.

I guess that's why Greece is in such dire financial straits  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 09:08:41 PM

I'll admit it comes as a surprise to me, I was led to believe BK had abandoned Naut and was instead propping up NXT now, but to me he finally did good on his investors in finding SOME use case for the coin unlike alot of devs around here who cut and run when things don't go their way.

Emmm.....I've been vaguely involved in the Drachmae project from the NXT end, and had some contact with the NAUT community.
I don't know all the ins and outs of the project, but BK hadn't/hasn't abandoned NAUT.
He had been keeping a low profile around NAUT until a role could be figured out for NAUT in the overall project, which is now being announced: the use of NAUT as a currency in the test run for Drachmae on the island of Agristi.

There's still lots of stuff to be worked out, so stay tuned.

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: