Print  
Author Topic: .  (Read 17853 times)
stoat

Activity: 686
Merit: 270

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2015, 10:01:04 AM

Maybe people working on dash gave up because they know Ethereum just made their efforts redundant.

FREEDOMRESERVEFree currency for the British Isles
Visit our website for more info

<-- Click here!
FREEDOMRESERVE By the People and for the People
oaxaca

Activity: 671
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 06:01:35 PM

Personally think DASH has a very, very long way to go.

Been playing around with it since the weekend and decided today to sell it all [if I'm ever able to get into my wallet]. Been using a DASH wallet through Encompass (Electrum) and I've been unable to access the wallet due to all the DASH servers on there being unresponsive. This has been ongoing for the past 48 odd hours. All the other coins on Encompass works just fine, no sync problems.

There is definitely a SSL issue with some of the DASH servers. Not sure what other problems there are but if this is any indication of what DASH has to offer then I rather leave now and keep my focus on btc and ltc.

So just my 2 cents.

Why not simply download the official DASH wallet?  It is fast and works great.  Just curious.

https://www.dashpay.io/downloads/
oaxaca

Activity: 671

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 06:05:12 PM

Maybe people working on dash gave up because they know Ethereum just made their efforts redundant.

Seriously?

Ethereum is a decentralized platform that runs smart contracts. 
DASH is a currency.
droidgreg30

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 01:02:13 AM

Looks like a signal to me.   I'm not sure what everyone else is seeing.
Monopoly

Activity: 546

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 03:58:25 AM

I like both but dash has a shining future ...... dash did something that BTC did not .
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 04:01:59 AM

It has only been about one thing: MAKING MONEY

exactly this, i don't care about the coins i care about money!

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
bat26

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 03:43:43 PM

Dash wins this race. Litecoin will keep going down to nothing, which it is.
AdamWhite

Activity: 605

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 06:09:58 PM

People actually believe a shitcoin scam like DASH built from the ground up on lies, deception and fraudulent instamines will go anywhere? ROFL.

There is one guy buying it from the asks to paint the chart OTOH (with his 1000+ masternodes) because he's so desperate to try and generate some buying interest in this dying scam

How to launch a shitcoin scam in just 4 easy steps!

Step 1. Mislead as many people as possible about the launch time. Like so:

Ok now it insta crashes when I type "setgenerate true".

Time to go to bed and try again next week?

Yeah, let's do that. I obviously need to do some more testing. Thanks everyone!

Best thing to do I guess. Please, confirm you won't be launching after some minutes/hours even if you fix it, and the sooner would be tomorrow, thanks.

Definitely not. I'll also follow up with this post when I do set a time.

"Definitely not."  We all know he went on to launch it a couple of hours later. Bravo Evan, you're a class act. The pinnacle of integrity and professionalism.

Step 2. INSTAMINE! INSTAMINE! INSTAMINE!

Ignore questions about the huge instamine for as long as possible. Deny it ever happened. Viciously attack anyone who posts irrefutable proof of the massive instamine scam. Try to discredit them. Call them trolls and put their names on "troll lists."

Note: Bonus points if you advertise "No premine" in your ANN title like Evan has done here (despite the massive 1.5 million instamine in the first 8 hours of launch).  Did i mention the integrity and professionalism?

Step 3. Lower the total supply and cut the mining rewards drastically once you're done instamining. This is a no-brainer!

-Lower the supply of coins that can ever exist from 80 million to 20 million.
-Cut the mining reward from 500 coins per block to 5 coins per block.

No one will notice. If they do, we'll just call them trolls, try to discredit them and put them on "troll lists" (see Step 2)

Step 4. If people start catching on to the scam, no problem. Change your name! Then change it again!
whap

Activity: 106

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 07:14:05 PM

suspicious facts

Thank you for the reminder. Let the shitstorm begin!
mudiko

Activity: 321
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 01:21:42 AM

Litecoin will just keep losing value. I think Dash wins this versus
r4vani

Activity: 348
Merit: 250

Play Poker Games at Bitoker.com

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2015, 10:57:05 AM

really?!

LTC vs. DASH Smiley)))))

BITOKER.COM[

Enjoy the ultimate online play bitcoin poker
Anonymous  /  US Player Friendly  /  Instant Play
[

]
s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2015, 06:21:36 PM

Disclaimer -The following is my personal opinion and should not be taken as financial or investment advice. I reserve the right to change my views at any time.

LTC - I expect to see a process of continual distribution by smart money resulting in prices trending lower, together with a collapse in hash rate to the 32-36K range. This process will be punctuated by occasional pumps and dumps which I'll treat as selling opportunities for any coins I mine.

DRK DASH - Cryptonote based coins will continue to gain mindshare at the expense of DASH and prices will trend lower, punctuated by pumps and dumps.

The Elephant in the Room - ETH will continue to gain mindshare at the expense of bitcoin and all other alts.

AdamWhite

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 04:14:42 PM

Yet another Xcoin/Darkcoin/Dash/Otohcoin shill thread  Roll Eyes

Here's a tip: legitimate coins don't get delisted from exchanges
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 05:13:05 PM

* Can LTC holders vote in a completely decentralised way about decentralised budget proposals ?
* Can LTC holders earn interest over their holdings and thereby reward those users who are investing longterm in this coin ?
* Can LTC users anonymize their coins in an optional and completely decentralised way ?
* Does LTC provide transaction-confirmations in such a way that it can be used for micro payments ? (i'm talking transaction-confirmations per second)
* Does LTC provide an automatic wallet backup system for its users?
* Does LTC even want to compete with Bitcoin ? Or is just satisfied with being one of many altcoins ? (although the largest altcoin atm)

Dash : We can reach our potential, but to do so we must reach within ourselves. We must summon the strength, the will and the faith to move forward - to be bold -
to invest in our future.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
minernoob1

Activity: 285

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 05:35:38 PM

I feel Dash is much better coin but Litecoin has more money backing it. Money allways wins in long run of things.
tradoz

Activity: 658

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 05:39:24 PM

I feel love for DASH for its innovation features and much secure network than LTC.
AdamWhite

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 06:38:06 PM

Dash : We instamine our potential, but to do so we must instamine within ourselves. We must instamine the strength, the will and the faith to instamine forward - to be intstaminers -
to instamine our future.

ROFL

Dash was deliberately scam instamined. The voting feature is just a way for the devs to collect a 15% tax on top of their massive fraudulent instamine, and still you cheer for it! The whole thing is pointless anyhow since one guy Otoh owns 50%+ of the masternodes!  Lips sealed LOL

Monopoly

Activity: 546

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 06:59:55 PM

Dash is winner for innovations and other features .........
s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2015, 07:05:02 PM

Dash : We instamine our potential, but to do so we must instamine within ourselves. We must instamine the strength, the will and the faith to instamine forward - to be intstaminers -
to instamine our future.

ROFL

++ROFL
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 09:11:28 PM

* Can LTC holders vote in a completely decentralised way about decentralised budget proposals ?
* Can LTC holders earn interest over their holdings and thereby reward those users who are investing longterm in this coin ?
* Can LTC users anonymize their coins in an optional and completely decentralised way ?
* Does LTC provide transaction-confirmations in such a way that it can be used for micro payments ? (i'm talking transaction-confirmations per second)
* Does LTC provide an automatic wallet backup system for its users?
* Does LTC even want to compete with Bitcoin ? Or is just satisfied with being one of many altcoins ? (although the largest altcoin atm)

Pretty good summary.

The main difference between LTC and Dash is that the former gets most of its marketcap from trading in high liquidity markets while the latter is being continually optimised to support high performance retail adoption.

Between pumps though, LTC's value simply decays due to the fact that there is no reason to hold it unless you're day trading it. A lead balloon that gets reflated periodically by market makers not speculators.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: