Bitcoin Forum
August 30, 2024, 11:19:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: idea  (Read 10379 times)
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1010

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
September 22, 2012, 02:52:17 PM

This might not be a bad idea if it is not limited to one farm. Perhaps a group of farmers will join together to form an international fund. I was thinking of buying a tea plantation in the Philippines. I won't need investors, but it might help the business grow faster.

I do know a few others (one guy even on this forum) who does the same. But why do you think more than one farm is good? Wouldmany small farms be better than one large farm?

Thanks.
It's not a big vs small thing. I just mean that a diverse group fund would mitigate risk.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Factory

Activity: 259
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 22, 2012, 03:10:36 PM

I will make some dividends off of that land. Will it be 10% each year? I doubt it but on average I expect 4 to 6% with no issue.

You say dividends; but could you please clear this up the following:

Do you mean a 100% payout to shareholders of net income in the form of dividends? If so, the 4-6% figure would be a shockingly low ROIC; especially for an emerging market play. It would also mean 0 capital to grow and expand. A 0 growth venture with such limited ROIC seems quite underwhelming for shareholders.

So we should have an asset that goes up in value compared to fiat and pay dividends in an asset that should also go up in value compared to fiat. The price of food will  only go up.
Thanks guys.

This statement seems highly speculative. This venture would likely have extremely tight net margins. Therefore, even a small decline in the price of rice could shift the return to a negative value. Pairing this risk with an issuance denominated in btc would likely expose shareholders to extreme risk.

It seems you are also downplaying or not even illustrating many of the potential risks with this venture.

If there is enough interest in this operation, I suggest creating a much more formal model to present to potential investors.

Currently, from my vantage point, this investment would likely not many sense for a practical investor.
Factory

Activity: 259

View Profile
September 22, 2012, 05:40:06 PM

I do not think you bothered to read the thread. I just do not think you understand what is going on here.

I read the entire thread before posting. There is no need to try to discredit my points by saying I do not comprehend what has been stated. I am simply asking for some very basic information and stated some risks not yet fully discussed.

But really to be clear if you do not think the land value of Cambodia will go down, do not invest. If you think the price of food will go down, do not invest.

It is clear that when you state this you mean value in fiat. However, the investment will be denominated in BTC if you list on the GLBSE. Both the value of land and the value of BTC can fluctuate greatly in terms of KHR. Purchasing land with KHR exposes investors to compounded risk. For example; if the value of BTC(in KHR) increases at a greater rate than the value of land(in KHR) increases, the ROIC will be negative for investors who bought the asset (this is simply in regards to the land, not rice.)

It is not rocket science. Rice farming has been going on for over 100 year now... We pretty much know what to expect... Also we pretty much know what will happen when you just QE3...

Again, I would like to state claiming such certainty is dangerous. Even if future KHR values of land and rice were certain (and they are not), there is still the variable of KHR/BTC.
pyrkne

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 22, 2012, 09:40:49 PM

This is too fucking much.

Goat, you've made it clear that you're a sad little fuck, but you've gone above and beyond with this sharecropping idea.

Let's take a look at sharecropping in the US: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharecropping#United_States

This is indentured servitude, just one small step away from slavery.

Fuck you. Get the fuck out of here; you are a sack of shit.

So he is responsible for their quality of life but at the same time SHOULDNT employ them?

I don't understand.
LoupGaroux

Activity: 574

View Profile
September 22, 2012, 09:54:31 PM

Rice has actually been cultivated in Asia for over 5,000 years. Of course, nobody would expect a Tourette's sufferer and scammer like Goatse to actually do any research before totting out his latest scheme to liberate funds from others for his own benefit.

Offering to "buy" land in the name of others in a country where he cannot legally do so, and put Third World farmers into indentured servitude to serve his greed? Goatse has just sunk to a brand new low for the bitcoin community. He is the vilest, nastiest scammer and manipulator imaginable. Why not just whip over to Pattaya and open up a personal services tourism business? That seems to be about the level you are willing to play at Goatse boy.
Bjork

Activity: 457

Look for the bear necessities!!

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 12:09:26 AM
Last edit: September 23, 2012, 07:58:01 AM by Bjork

I dunno why anyone would invest with Goat...especially after reading this
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=112071.40

edit: lol he deleted all his posts in that thread

LoupGaroux

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 02:24:19 AM

Rice has actually been cultivated in Asia for over 5,000 years. Of course, nobody would expect a Tourette's sufferer and scammer like Goatse to actually do any research before totting out his latest scheme to liberate funds from others for his own benefit.

Offering to "buy" land in the name of others in a country where he cannot legally do so, and put Third World farmers into indentured servitude to serve his greed? Goatse has just sunk to a brand new low for the bitcoin community. He is the vilest, nastiest scammer and manipulator imaginable. Why not just whip over to Pattaya and open up a personal services tourism business? That seems to be about the level you are willing to play at Goatse boy.

^
Issues

Big issues. Scammers and white slavers make me want to puke. Arrogant jag offs like Goatse are even worse in combining both attributes in one pile of shit.
bitcoinbear

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 04:47:26 PM

Sharecropping is one small step away from slavery. Your record for bottom-feeding scammery on this forum speaks for itself.

The farmer gets a percentage of the profits. That is about as much the opposite of slavery as it gets. How would you arrange things differently?

CryptoNote needs you! Join the elite merged mining forces right now here in Fantomcoin topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=598823.0
silverbox
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 05:01:27 PM

I have a friend who makes about 100k a year rice farming on leased land (in the US), I don't know what the lease costs him, but its probably around half the price his crop sells for.  He's a very oppressed slave.. He lives in a nice house, with a nice wife and kids, drives his nice truck out to his leased farmland everyday parks it in his huge barn full of equipment and works the fields..  Its rough I tell ya!!  Grin
bitcool
Legendary

Activity: 1441
Merit: 1000

Live and enjoy experiments

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 06:03:48 PM

I have a friend who makes about 100k a year rice farming on leased land (in the US), I don't know what the lease costs him, but its probably around half the price his crop sells for.  He's a very oppressed slave.. He lives in a nice house, with a nice wife and kids, drives his nice truck out to his leased farmland everyday parks it in his huge barn full of equipment and works the fields..  Its rough I tell ya!!  Grin
Wait until each every piece of his equipment starts breaking down....  Wink

Facing hard elements is always tough, no doubt about it; it can be inspirational too, that's why I like to watch shows like Gold Rush and Swamp Logger on the discovery channel.
the_thing

Activity: 546
Merit: 252

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 06:52:18 PM

Seems legit  Wink

,gaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaag,
           ,aP8b    _,dYba,       ,adPb,_    d8Ya,
         ,aP"  Yb_,dP"   "Yba, ,adP"   "Yb,_dP  "Ya,
       ,aP"    _88"         )888(         "88_    "Ya,
     ,aP"   _,dP"Yb      ,adP"8"Yba,      dP"Yb,_   "Ya,
   ,aPYb _,dP8    Yb  ,adP"   8   "Yba,  dP    8Yb,_ dPYa,
 ,aP"  YdP" dP     YbdP"      8      "YbdP     Yb "YbP  "Ya,
I8aaaaaa8aaa8baaaaaa88aaaaaaaa8aaaaaaaa88aaaaaad8aaa8aaaaaa8I
`Yb,   d8a, Ya      d8b,      8      ,d8b      aP ,a8b   ,dP'
  "Yb,dP "Ya "8,   dI "Yb,    8    ,dP" Ib   ,8" aP" Yb,dP"
    "Y8,   "YaI8, ,8'   "Yb,  8  ,dP"   `8, ,8IaP"   ,8P"
      "Yb,   `"Y8ad'      "Yb,8,dP"      `ba8P"'   ,dP"
        "Yb,    `"8,        "Y8P"        ,8"'    ,dP"
          "Yb,    `8,         8         ,8'    ,dP"
            "Yb,   `Ya        8        aP'   ,dP"
              "Yb,   "8,      8      ,8"   ,dP"
                "Yb,  `8,     8     ,8'  ,dP"   
                  "Yb, `Ya    8    aP' ,dP"     
                    "Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "       

Free TON

PEER-TO-PEER MULTY-BLOCKCHAIN SYSTEM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬TON SURF - OFFICIAL WALLET.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
goodlord666

Activity: 434

100%

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 09:42:25 PM

Say what you will about the asset proposal, but the area looks pretty cool.

I wonder is that an artificial lake there or did they refurbish a natural one into that rectangular shape?

It's tremendously huge.

LoupGaroux

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 11:44:03 PM

^
Issues

Big issues. Scammers and white slavers make me want to puke. Arrogant jag offs like Goatse are even worse in combining both attributes in one pile of shit.

Slavery? you must be kidding. You have made it clear that you do not like me and have called me all sorts of names. Fine, but this is not slavery.

Also you call me a scammer a lot. I would like you to please start a thread in the scamming section and list your evidence. I know you won't do this because I am not a scammer. :/

Thank you.

Sorry Goatse Boy, I don't play games in the scammer forum, I'm a Free Market kind of a guy. I am just going to let the market tear you to shreds. I'll just be the guy shining the kitchen light on the cockroaches like you.

guruvan

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 03:44:16 AM

I like the idea, in general.  Farming is a great long term business to be in, and it'd be great to have a rice play in bitcoin. Goat does pretty well with money IMO. I'm not worried about losing it all on one of his ventures Smiley

Sharecropping (ganja) in norther California is pretty successful for seasoned farmers. both the landowner and the sharecropper do rather well. In fact, most of those same landowners started as sharecroppers. This represents a vast majority of the real wealth in rural northern CA.  I'm not sure how much people pay in other parts of the world, but around here 50-60% is pretty common for a high-risk, possibly illegal crop..I'd imagine it'd be cheaper to grow some rice, or lettuce...or alpaca.

Unfortunately, the morons abound on this forum, and getting intelligent investors to see the idea through the venomous garbage is likely an uphill battle.

LoupGaroux

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 04:38:49 AM

Actually, it would more correctly be described as the Khmer Empire, but what's a little fact-checking in a lively discussion such as this? The people who first acknowledged Jayavarman II as king of the world, were the Khmer, they set up a ritualistic capital for him at Angkor, thus the name as an Era, but not an Empire.

And unfortunately, those giant land improvements were the downfall of the Khmer Empire, causing at the time the single greatest deforestation in the history of the planet, and the loss of topsoil and the clogging of their vitally important waterways made commerce impossible.

Although, those who refuse to learn the lessons of history are forever doomed to repeat them. Have fun with your rice plantation.
LoupGaroux

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 12:05:37 PM

I'm tempted to quote that for posterity, but I suspect a couple of acres of sharecropping will not have quite the same ecological impact.
arklan
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1008

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 12:35:44 PM

I'm tempted to quote that for posterity, but I suspect a couple of acres of sharecropping will not have quite the same ecological impact.

Ok, plan aborted... Back to the lab to think of a more evil "plot"...    Grin

dang, and the takeover of cambodia bit was just getting my interest! (joke!)

i don't post much, but this space for rent.
LoupGaroux

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 09:49:33 PM

I believe Matty already has all of the Korean ventures under contract. Very detailed, and very leaky contracts. Personally I would stay away from both Koreas for business.
goodlord666

100%

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 05:39:14 PM

Don't listen to LoupGaroux, he's a Nazi.

goodlord666

100%

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 06:49:14 PM

http://s17.postimage.org/7eiptj6u5/seem.jpg

Say what you will about the asset proposal, but the area looks pretty cool.

I wonder is that an artificial lake there or did they refurbish a natural one into that rectangular shape?

It's tremendously huge.

What area specifically are you talking about?

The one in the picture of course. That's Siem Reap is it not?

Clicking through the images on the map I find it mostly very beautiful.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: