Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 10:26:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Catcoin - 0.9.3.0  (Read 57455 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (13 posts by 2+ users deleted.)
MikeHenderson

Activity: 51
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 02:23:38 PM

Prohashing has updated to 9.3.0

I want to mine some catcoin with an L3+, but can't seem to get it working and can't register at prohasing, any other pools that are live, or guide to solo mine around?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SlimePuppy (OP)

Activity: 655
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 06:28:33 PM

I want to mine some catcoin with an L3+, but can't seem to get it working and can't register at prohasing, any other pools that are live, or guide to solo mine around?
Prohashing's been pretty shaky - lots of DDoS attacks - but it does work.  I've mined there and taken payment in CAT.  I've used my A2s and leased L3+s on iSpace and GeekHash and they both run well.  I can't solo mine with A2s or any of my Bitmain SHA rigs - I don't know if they've fixed the bug in their version of cgminer that messes with solo mining or P2Pools.  You could try hitting ThePeePs' or e-pool's P2 nodes to see.  Anyway - the pools we know about are listed in the first post of this thread, and they're all running our current code.

Welcome to CAT!
Blaksmith

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2017, 06:32:26 PM

I sent you a message for details on your GeekHash account you created if you want to mine there.

To solo mine, you will need to add the following to your catcoin.conf file

rpcuser=username
rpcpassword=password
# rpcport can be any port you wish
rpcport=9932
rpcallowip=IP of your L3
server=1

After editing the file, you need to restart your Catcoin wallet.  
Make sure that your firewall will allow incoming to the port you selected

On your rig, you would set the following:
url: IP of your Catcoin wallet : port (I.E. 192.168.2.100:9932 )
username: rpcusername you set in the config file
password: password you set in the config file

Unless they have changed things in the last few releases, the Antminers have been reported to not be able to solo-mine without a stratum pool front end.

Blaksmith

"Your future is whatever you make it, so make it a good one." Dr. Emmett Brown
Donations welcome: Bitcoin: 1BLAKSMTjnME4ZJX7VzzUyEgbQYLShvqgi Catcoin: 9aw3Ttiz5yMALUm2DUj748cCHYQLatwLPz Unobtanium: uh3bjJua71jFijmz1yAB89KM8mqJEbzrek
Pool owner of: geekhash.org
MikeHenderson

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 06:56:28 PM

Prohashing's been pretty shaky - lots of DDoS attacks - but it does work.  I've mined there and taken payment in CAT.  I've used my A2s and leased L3+s on iSpace and GeekHash and they both run well.  I can't solo mine with A2s or any of my Bitmain SHA rigs - I don't know if they've fixed the bug in their version of cgminer that messes with solo mining or P2Pools.  You could try hitting ThePeePs' or e-pool's P2 nodes to see.  Anyway - the pools we know about are listed in the first post of this thread, and they're all running our current code.

Welcome to CAT!

Thanks slimepuppy.  I have 3/4 of an L3+ (1 hashboard out) pointed at geekhash.  Thank you for the help.  Hope we get lucky and find some blocks.
SlimePuppy (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 12:04:10 AM

Welcome to CAT!

Thanks slimepuppy.  I have 3/4 of an L3+ (1 hashboard out) pointed at geekhash.  Thank you for the help.  Hope we get lucky and find some blocks.
Great to talk with you on IRC.  Sorry about the damaged L3+, though.  I hope Bitmain gets you back to 100% soon. 

Welcome to the CAT family!
MikeHenderson

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 01:16:50 AM

Welcome to CAT!

Great to talk with you on IRC.  Sorry about the damaged L3+, though.  I hope Bitmain gets you back to 100% soon. 

Welcome to the CAT family!

Thanks, I'm definitely a catcoin hodler now.   Damaged miner is a bummer, but the way I see it, if it wasn't a bummer, then mining wouldn't be going well Wink
SlimePuppy (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 01:37:56 AM

Fork complete.  Comments, questions, problems?  Post them here, please!

Welcome to 9.3.0, everyone.   Cool

czcool

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 08:09:57 PM

I support hybrid POW / POS,

It is recommended to use GPU mining.GPU miners are more.

At present our market value is only 27 BTC.Seems to have missed developmentOr we are developing too slowly...

Many people want to be like Dogecoin.But it is still very difficult.No marketing, no innovation.

Do you have any plans for marketing, DEV?
SlimePuppy (OP)

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 08:34:59 PM
Last edit: September 10, 2017, 11:26:26 PM by SlimePuppy

I support hybrid POW / POS,

It is recommended to use GPU mining.GPU miners are more.

At present our market value is only 27 BTC.Seems to have missed developmentOr we are developing too slowly...

Many people want to be like Dogecoin.But it is still very difficult.No marketing, no innovation.

Do you have any plans for marketing, DEV?
We don't want to be like Dogecoin - they're not profitable to mine even with the latest and most efficient ASICs and haven't been for quite some time.  We were never about being a memecoin that rose and then crashed like Doge.  We are profitable to mine - and our profitability continues to improve.  Our growth should be slower because we have a very, very long term goal.  We've been 'Bitcoin in scrypt' from the beginning, and we're not yet to our 4th birthday.  Our mission and vision is to continue to be here when the pump and dump memecoins are history.

Your comment about hybrid and GPU is noted - thank you!

We've posted a number of times our short-term and longer term plans - scroll up a bit.  The summary is that we're working to get into coinpayments.  For that we need more trade volume.  We only need to be in the USD 0.02-0.03 range value wise, so we've crossed that threshold, but we need more volume.  We need to get into the top 300 in coinmarketcap.  We're working a couple of other leads that should be a much a boost to the coin and community as getting into coinpayments, but it's too early to say more about that, sorry.

Are you saying that Doge is difficult and has no innovation?  If you think CAT is too difficult,  I can't see this - what's difficult about it?  It's easy to buy and easy to mine. How do I know?  'Cause I'm doing both almost daily.  No innovation?  We were the first coin in the ecosystem to reject KGW because of way it can be exploited, and were the first coin in the ecosystem that broke from the pack and created a unique difficulty adjustment process that allowed us to work through this 2nd generation of ASICs and the transition to profit-switch pools.  While our PID process still needs some tuning (and it's being worked now for the 9.4.0 release),  two other coins have followed our lead.

What does innovation mean to you?  What capability do you want CAT to have that we don't?

The best marketing comes from the community.  Buying a web ad might bring us a few new members to the community, but word of mouth from the current community is much, much more effective.  Community - this is your coin - if you love it, tell your friends.

Right now, CAT's recognized as a sleeper.  That's a cool thing!  https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/6wwl3h/what_coin_is_your_sleeper_coin_that_has_a/
czcool

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 01:12:37 AM

Thank you for your response. DEV
How long will the 9.4 version be launched?
I think 27BTC market value(https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/catcoin/#charts), underestimated a lot. I think we can go to 1000 + BTC.
Maybe we need more exchanges. Such as bittrex.But it is clear,Maybe your budget is limited.Community popularity is also inadequate.
In short, hope that the 9.4 version as soon as possible, so Catcoin on track.
SlimePuppy (OP)

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 04:46:54 AM

Thank you for your response. DEV
How long will the 9.4 version be launched?
I think 27BTC market value(https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/catcoin/#charts), underestimated a lot. I think we can go to 1000 + BTC.
Maybe we need more exchanges. Such as bittrex.But it is clear,Maybe your budget is limited.Community popularity is also inadequate.
In short, hope that the 9.4 version as soon as possible, so Catcoin on track.

You say you want 9.4.0 as soon as possible.  Why?  What do you want in 9.4.0?  What would make you think we're 'on track'?  Anyone else as well? 

I don't want to promise a date for 9.4.0 as we're working on a complete code update.  We're looking at the block size options like segwit, we're looking at lightning network and TOR as well.  Our internal goal is late December, 2017 - CAT's 4th birthday.  We'll see how that goes.

I agree that we're really undervalued.  I have a bottle of rum in the cabinet that I won't open until we hit 1USD/CAT  Cool

We definitely need to grow the community.  We can always use more 24/7 miners.  And - thank you! - we want everyone's ideas.
SlimePuppy (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 12:09:30 AM

We'd like to hear from CATs - what features do you want in a CAT wallet?  What do you want CAT to be able to do that we don't currently do?

We're running between 3rd and 5th place on CoinWarz and we have new miners on the network - we've got a good, stable coin, CATs!
MikeHenderson

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 03:01:01 PM

We'd like to hear from CATs - what features do you want in a CAT wallet?  What do you want CAT to be able to do that we don't currently do?

We're running between 3rd and 5th place on CoinWarz and we have new miners on the network - we've got a good, stable coin, CATs!

Hey slimepuppy, here's my 2 cents.

>Features in a wallet
Privacy, security, functionality.  Which I think you have pretty good.  Being able to shapeshift into other currencies would be great obviously.  An iphone/android wallet would be great. 

>What do you want CAT to be able to do that we don't currently do?
I think the idea of "bitcoin in scrypt" is sound.  Now that there could be 4 versions of bitcoin by the end of the month.  The "bitcoin" part gets a little blurry.  My suggestion would be to follow the bitcoin ideal of creating a store of wealth/gold equivalent that also can be used as a substitute for fiat currencies.  I think you have a unique opportunity to carry on SN's vision in scrypt and with a silly name (A rose by any other name...), while his chain is corrupted by greed and jealousy.  I wish you luck and hope for your success as I mine away. 
Thepuj

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 09:56:18 PM

Will there be a version which compiles in new Debian Stable?
SlimePuppy (OP)

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 12:07:29 PM
Last edit: October 18, 2017, 01:46:24 PM by SlimePuppy

Will there be a version which compiles in new Debian Stable?
What problem are you seeing, Thepuj?  Are you using Stretch/9.2?  Are you trying to compile a catcoind or a QT wallet?
Thepuj

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 05:26:05 PM

Yes, I am running Debian 9.2. I can't compile the CLI and the QT version. Both have problems with errors in bignum.h. I heard about an API change in OpenSLL. I assume that is the reason for this. Stretch has OpenSSL version 1.1.

The error messages are all like:
bignum.h: In function 'bool operator>(const CBigNum&, const CBigNum&)':
bignum.h:588:83: error: cannot convert 'const CBigNum*' to 'const BIGNUM* {aka const bignum_st*}' for argument '1' to 'int BN_cmp(const BIGNUM*, const BIGNUM*)'
 operator>(const CBigNum& a, const CBigNum& b)  { return (BN_cmp(&a, &b) > 0); }
                                                                       ^
(the pointer points to the last ")" in the previous line)

or for the QT version e.g.:
rc/base58.h: In function 'bool DecodeBase58(const char*, std::vector<unsigned char>&)':
src/base58.h:100:42: error: cannot convert 'CBigNum*' to 'BIGNUM* {aka bignum_st*}' for argument '1' to 'int BN_mul(BIGNUM*, const BIGNUM*, const BIGNUM*, BN_CTX*)'
         if (!BN_mul(&bn, &bn, &bn58, pctx))
                                          ^
(pointer pointing to the ")" before the last ")")
Blaksmith

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2017, 07:54:50 PM

Yes, I am running Debian 9.2. I can't compile the CLI and the QT version. Both have problems with errors in bignum.h. I heard about an API change in OpenSLL. I assume that is the reason for this. Stretch has OpenSSL version 1.1.

The error messages are all like:
bignum.h: In function 'bool operator>(const CBigNum&, const CBigNum&)':
bignum.h:588:83: error: cannot convert 'const CBigNum*' to 'const BIGNUM* {aka const bignum_st*}' for argument '1' to 'int BN_cmp(const BIGNUM*, const BIGNUM*)'
 operator>(const CBigNum& a, const CBigNum& b)  { return (BN_cmp(&a, &b) > 0); }
                                                                       ^
(the pointer points to the last ")" in the previous line)

or for the QT version e.g.:
rc/base58.h: In function 'bool DecodeBase58(const char*, std::vector<unsigned char>&)':
src/base58.h:100:42: error: cannot convert 'CBigNum*' to 'BIGNUM* {aka bignum_st*}' for argument '1' to 'int BN_mul(BIGNUM*, const BIGNUM*, const BIGNUM*, BN_CTX*)'
         if (!BN_mul(&bn, &bn, &bn58, pctx))
                                          ^
(pointer pointing to the ")" before the last ")")

I went and googled the error, and it looks like it is a Debian 9 issue.  No real answers on how they got around it, other than one post I saw someone suggesting to check the SSH and Boost libraries.  Have you installed every boost dev library?

Donations welcome: Bitcoin: 1BLAKSMTjnME4ZJX7VzzUyEgbQYLShvqgi Catcoin: 9aw3Ttiz5yMALUm2DUj748cCHYQLatwLPz Unobtanium: uh3bjJua71jFijmz1yAB89KM8mqJEbzrek
Thepuj

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 09:38:35 PM

There are 62 libboost-dev packages!

But luckily I got it compiled by downgrading libssl-dev (version 1.1) to libssl1.0-dev. So it is probably this API change in OpenSSL. It broke a lot of software. After starting it did synchronize VERY quickly, but then it stopped at 1 hour behind. Processed 121171 blocks. At the moment it has 4 peers, three with 0.9.3 and one with 0.9.2. I started a verifychain. Maybe there is an issue.

Thanks.

PS: Or maybe the problem was the chain itself? Now I am up to date with 121172 blocks.
Blaksmith

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2017, 02:51:10 AM

There are 62 libboost-dev packages!

But luckily I got it compiled by downgrading libssl-dev (version 1.1) to libssl1.0-dev. So it is probably this API change in OpenSSL. It broke a lot of software. After starting it did synchronize VERY quickly, but then it stopped at 1 hour behind. Processed 121171 blocks. At the moment it has 4 peers, three with 0.9.3 and one with 0.9.2. I started a verifychain. Maybe there is an issue.

Thanks.

PS: Or maybe the problem was the chain itself? Now I am up to date with 121172 blocks.

Very glad to hear you got it compiled.  When you synced, it probably was on a long block. Smiley

SlimePuppy (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 11:44:23 PM

I just want see users opinions and if I not see big concern
You're free to create whatever fork of any coin you like.  Do what you like, create your own announce thread, and have a nice time.  But announcing a coin is off topic here (rule 2) and gets your post tossed.  Please see the link at the bottom of the OP for the bitcointalk rules.  Thanks.

Please keep conversations on-topic about CAT and her community.  All are welcome, but keep to the rules please.  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=703657.0
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: