Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 03:10:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Nefario GLBSE  (Read 28552 times)
jasinlee

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 06:04:22 PM

Example of my experience with them: Hey I want to eat at your restaurant! I pay for lets call it parking, then walk inside the restaurant and sit wherever I feel like since no hostess is present. Then I see the servers standing there looking at me so I figure I will be helped soon.1 hour passes. I call over to a manager and get ignored. 2 hours pass. I call over the manager and say, "Hey, where is my server?" and they respond with, "Oh, well you have only been here 2 hours, they will get to you." And my response is, "Just give me back my parking fee, I don't want to do business with a company who puts me off that long. And besides I saw the way you treated your other customers and I didnt like it." Manager says,"I am sorry you feel that way, even though we didn't provide you with any assistance or services that we do offer and then ignored your service requests, the parking fee is not refundable." So I say "Ok, I guess since I already paid your ridiculous fee and you wont work with the customers, can you tell me how to order?" The manager turns and walks away and ignores me further, then stops by about another 2 hours later to say, "You might want to ask that customer over there, he knows how to order." Then takes off again. And that is where the analogy ends since that is as far as I have gotten so far. Anyone see a problem with this scenario?

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2012, 07:46:00 PM

we can fix it by making GLBSE shariah compliant  Grin
I can't believe I'm actually saying this, but if you separate the shariah finance rules from the goofy justifications you often hear for them based on primitive economic myths, they're actually not bad. The prohibition against earning or paying interest gets the most attention and is pretty silly if applied universally to a modern, industrial economy. But it's better than the way most Americans manage their personal finances (and you can pretty easily get around it).

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
October 01, 2012, 01:21:23 PM

Grin Here we have it. Grin

Welcome to the new scrutinized Foundation users.

On top of that, CloudFlare’s CEO Matthew Prince made a weird, glib admission that he decided to start the company only after the Department of Homeland Security gave him a call in 2007 and suggested he take the technology behind Project Honey Pot one step further…

And that makes CloudFlare a whole different story: People who sign up for the service are allowing CloudFlare to monitor, observe and scrutinize all of their site’s traffic, which makes it much easier for intel or law enforcement agencies to collect info on websites and without having to hack or request the logs from each hosting company separately.

Wow. Wonder who decided on the choice of hosting.

Security Comparison of Bitcoin-Denominated Instruments Exchanges. That is all.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
stochastic

Activity: 532

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 02:15:41 AM

Grin Here we have it. Grin

Welcome to the new scrutinized Foundation users.

On top of that, CloudFlare’s CEO Matthew Prince made a weird, glib admission that he decided to start the company only after the Department of Homeland Security gave him a call in 2007 and suggested he take the technology behind Project Honey Pot one step further…

And that makes CloudFlare a whole different story: People who sign up for the service are allowing CloudFlare to monitor, observe and scrutinize all of their site’s traffic, which makes it much easier for intel or law enforcement agencies to collect info on websites and without having to hack or request the logs from each hosting company separately.

Wow. Wonder who decided on the choice of hosting.

Security Comparison of Bitcoin-Denominated Instruments Exchanges. That is all.

You missed aesthetics, ease-of-use, customer service, and personality of exchange manager.

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
MPOE-PR

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 01:02:33 PM

You missed aesthetics, ease-of-use, customer service, and personality of exchange manager.

That's ok, you missed the exchange manager entirely.

Again, it's not malice, it's just stupidity and ignorant conceit.

In some positions stupidity & ignorant conceit = malice pretty much.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
DannyM

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 06:32:54 PM

Again, it's not malice, it's just stupidity and ignorant conceit.

In some positions stupidity & ignorant conceit = malice pretty much.

True.  Egregious negligence and malicious intent are both "pretty much" equivalent when the legal system or public opinion get involved.  (Joe Paterno?)

Joseph Hazelwood
dishwara
Legendary

Activity: 1855
Merit: 1016

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 06:55:10 PM

Whats the result?
Goat got his account & assets back, which was frozen & locked by Nefario?
DannyM

Activity: 275

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 08:48:25 PM

You just like your girl birds all oiled up.  He was probably big ups in your book.

Tony Hayward?
LoupGaroux

Activity: 574

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 10:58:29 PM

I expect that Goatse is pretty busy these days dealing with an SEC investigation, and doesn't really have time to manage his other little scams like this particular complaint.
MPOE-PR

View Profile
October 03, 2012, 01:36:12 AM

I expect that Goatse is pretty busy these days dealing with an SEC investigation, and doesn't really have time to manage his other little scams like this particular complaint.

That's strange, didn't they go on the record that it's FSA?

LoupGaroux

View Profile
October 03, 2012, 04:23:01 AM

Oddly enough, you are in the wrong place to make those demands. GLBSE has a forum, and ownership, and means of communication. If you feel you have a claim to make, why not make it with those involved instead of airing your dirty laundry here, where nobody who can do a thing for you gives a damn?

And are you really admitting that you started several assets, offered them for sale, managed them to varying levels of success and failure and did all of this WITHOUT AN AWARENESS OF THE TERMS OF SERVICE? Is that responsible business operation in your opinion? Seriously Goat, isn't understanding what you are offering and where you are offering it sort of basic step number one?
El Cabron (OP)
Gnomo
VIP

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 03, 2012, 04:25:12 AM

Oddly enough, you are in the wrong place to make those demands. GLBSE has a forum, and ownership, and means of communication. If you feel you have a claim to make, why not make it with those involved instead of airing your dirty laundry here, where nobody who can do a thing for you gives a damn?

And are you really admitting that you started several assets, offered them for sale, managed them to varying levels of success and failure and did all of this WITHOUT AN AWARENESS OF THE TERMS OF SERVICE? Is that responsible business operation in your opinion? Seriously Goat, isn't understanding what you are offering and where you are offering it sort of basic step number one?

As you know the ToS was changed more than half a dozen times since I started. But in none of the version I did anything that called for a delisting.    Deal with it buddy... The reason why Nefario is not saying why he did it is because he will be admitting he is a scammer...

Sorry El Cabron, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
Trolling
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=622250.msg7030081#msg7030081
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2012, 06:05:24 AM

As you know the ToS was changed more than half a dozen times since I started. But in none of the version I did anything that called for a delisting.    Deal with it buddy... The reason why Nefario is not saying why he did it is because he will be admitting he is a scammer...

If you take advice from a lawyer does that make you a scammer ?

stochastic

View Profile
October 03, 2012, 07:30:04 AM

If you take advice from a lawyer does that make you a scammer ?

I think it is more than fair to give me the refund or to explain why I can't get one...

It would be like Theymos just taking away my VIP on the forum with out telling me why. He would need to say what I did wrong or give me a refund. Maybe even both...

Nefario sold me a service he is not providing. That is without a doubt scamming.

So if it is not specifically in GLBSE TOS then GLBSE cannot do it?

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
LoupGaroux

View Profile
October 03, 2012, 04:04:02 PM
Last edit: October 03, 2012, 08:48:27 PM by LoupGaroux

You find nothing wrong with selling a service and then not fully doing it?

Depends entirely on the nature of the service contracted for, which in this case you are unsure of what you have purchased. You have an obligation to yourself, and to those who have invested in your projects to understand completely the venue in which you are offering that investment. Whether by your own inattention to the rules, your inability to stay abreast of changes in the terms, or your own ill-considered attack on the market you have failed in your responsibility to your investors and have not maintained even the most basic level of integrity in offering a service.

How is your  ill-informed and half-cocked approach to running a business deserving of special consideration that you should be permitted to be completely irresponsible and still enjoy access to the marketplace? The service of the GLBSE is to provide a marketplace, NOT to insure you a certian level of profit, NOT to offer you endless access to victims for your piss-poor business practices, NOT to cover for your errors in judgement, ethics, or simple basic business procedure, and most assuredly NOT a place of refuge for somebody who is actively being investigated by the SEC for fraudulently offering investment schemes.

"Not fully doing it" is not based on your fantasies of allowing you to run roughshod over every measure of business ethics and honest trade. Your practices have caught up with you, and you are beginning to see the collapse and investigation phase of your demise. Get used to it, it will get a lot uglier for you here, and your pathetic cries of injustice are falling on deaf ears here. Especially given that you are screaming in the wrong place- THIS IS NOT GLBSE. Although there is significant overlap in user bases, THIS IS NOT GLBSE. Take your issues over to GLBSE and see what happens. Here you are just another scammer trying to screw a few more pennies out of everyone, after you have had the door slammed in your face.

Too bad for you little scammer boy.
stochastic

View Profile
October 03, 2012, 06:46:59 PM

I am not sure if this was a reply to me, but I was just curious in how you interpret the GLBSE TOS because on a discussion on the interpretation of contracts listed on GLBSE you seemed to agreed with the statement that things not in the contract can still be done.  Things listed in the contract allow for one of the parties to 'reserve the right' to do something, but not necessarily only do things that are listed in the contract.  By this interpretation, GLBSE reserves the right to do any and all things in its TOS.  There are also implied agreements when using the GLBSE system.  No where in the TOS says that GLBSE will list a security after the fee is made, but they do it.  By having the authority to list a security, GLBSE also has the authority to remove a security from the exchange.

Anyway, I would also argue that whatever is said in a contract or TOS may not always be the right thing to do.  As you may remember with our contract dispute; I took responsibility for my badly written contract and paid out of my own pocket.

In my opinion the right thing to do is to allow the securities to be relisted, allow a buyback of all the securities at whatever value was agreed to, and then remove them after all accounts have been cleared.

MPOE-PR

View Profile
October 03, 2012, 09:01:39 PM

Depends entirely on the nature of the service contracted for, which in this case you are unsure of what you have purchased. You have an obligation to yourself, and to those who have invested in your projects to understand completely the venue in which you are offering that investment. Whether by your own inattention to the rules, your inability to stay abreast of changes in the terms, or your own ill-considered attack on the market you have failed in your responsibility to your investors and have not maintained even the most basic level of integrity in offering a service.

How is your  ill-informed and half-cocked approach to running a business deserving of special consideration that you should be permitted to be completely irresponsible and still enjoy access to the marketplace? The service of the GLBSE is to provide a marketplace, NOT to insure you a certian level of profit, NOT to offer you endless access to victims for your piss-poor business practices, NOT to cover for your errors in judgement, ethics, or simple basic business procedure, and most assuredly NOT a place of refuge for somebody who is actively being investigated by the SEC for fraudulently offering investment schemes.

"Not fully doing it" is not based on your fantasies of allowing you to run roughshod over every measure of business ethics and honest trade. Your practices have caught up with you, and you are beginning to see the collapse and investigation phase of your demise. Get used to it, it will get a lot uglier for you here, and your pathetic cries of injustice are falling on deaf ears here. Especially given that you are screaming in the wrong place- THIS IS NOT GLBSE. Although there is significant overlap in user bases, THIS IS NOT GLBSE. Take your issues over to GLBSE and see what happens. Here you are just another scammer trying to screw a few more pennies out of everyone, after you have had the door slammed in your face.

Too bad for you little scammer boy.

Unless the SEC is now operating out of Viet-Nam I find it rather incredible that goat's being investigated. Were you thinking GLBBQ?

I am not sure if this was a reply to me, but I was just curious in how you interpret the GLBSE TOS because on a discussion on the interpretation of contracts listed on GLBSE you seemed to agreed with the statement that things not in the contract can still be done.  Things listed in the contract allow for one of the parties to 'reserve the right' to do something, but not necessarily only do things that are listed in the contract.  By this interpretation, GLBSE reserves the right to do any and all things in its TOS.  There are also implied agreements when using the GLBSE system.  No where in the TOS says that GLBSE will list a security after the fee is made, but they do it.  By having the authority to list a security, GLBSE also has the authority to remove a security from the exchange.

Anyway, I would also argue that whatever is said in a contract or TOS may not always be the right thing to do.  As you may remember with our contract dispute; I took responsibility for my badly written contract and paid out of my own pocket.

In my opinion the right thing to do is to allow the securities to be relisted, allow a buyback of all the securities at whatever value was agreed to, and then remove them after all accounts have been cleared.

Well, wasn't Nefario proposing that everything not specifically stated in the contract will be construed by a public vote? Or was that about something else.

LoupGaroux

View Profile
October 03, 2012, 10:46:01 PM

Unless the SEC is now operating out of Viet-Nam I find it rather incredible that goat's being investigated. Were you thinking GLBBQ?

Actually, Goat operates his business ventures out of Thailand, not Viet Nam. Offering investment vehicles, no matter how obscure or crypto-alien will still subject Goat, as a US citizen, to US law regarding securities trading and offering regardless of where he is located, the force of law is upon where the offer was made and where the sale was concluded. Furthermore, and perhaps even more to the point, is the taxation treaty between the US and Thailand, which essentially grants unlimited license to US agencies to pursue legal action to enforce US law upon persons of Thai or US citizenship operating out of Thailand. Signed into law by Clinton, Goat will find himself as answerable to the SEC as if he was offering his investments in Bumfuck, Kansas. He will find the further entanglement of the Thai Foreign Business Act, which makes his rice-farming venture illegal, will make him a prime target for the Thai authorities, if there is anything left when the US is done with him.

And if indeed pirate is rolling over and giving up his partners in the BS&T scam, then Goat has a lot to be worried about. He has consistently been the loudest and most active voice in support of pirate and the ponzi which pirate operated. He has personally transferred significant amounts of value to pirate directly as a result of these activities, and is being actively investigated as a part of the greater pirate BS&T investigation. Where Goat might want to consider a non-extradition country to move to, is the fact that the SEC will also be forwarding their investigation to other agencies within the US government. The DEA will be very interested in any sort of money laundering activity that was happening near the Golden Triangle, and Goat has openly admitted that he travels across borders with ease to visit remote areas of Laos and Cambodia. American entrepreneurs who travel with that profile typically only do so for a very limited number of reasons, none of which have anything to do with rice farming, gem collecting or bitcoins.
pyrkne

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 03, 2012, 11:11:58 PM

Actually, Goat operates his business ventures out of Thailand, not Viet Nam. Offering investment vehicles, no matter how obscure or crypto-alien will still subject Goat, as a US citizen, to US law regarding securities trading and offering regardless of where he is located, the force of law is upon where the offer was made and where the sale was concluded. Furthermore, and perhaps even more to the point, is the taxation treaty between the US and Thailand, which essentially grants unlimited license to US agencies to pursue legal action to enforce US law upon persons of Thai or US citizenship operating out of Thailand. Signed into law by Clinton, Goat will find himself as answerable to the SEC as if he was offering his investments in Bumfuck, Kansas. He will find the further entanglement of the Thai Foreign Business Act, which makes his rice-farming venture illegal, will make him a prime target for the Thai authorities, if there is anything left when the US is done with him.

And if indeed pirate is rolling over and giving up his partners in the BS&T scam, then Goat has a lot to be worried about. He has consistently been the loudest and most active voice in support of pirate and the ponzi which pirate operated. He has personally transferred significant amounts of value to pirate directly as a result of these activities, and is being actively investigated as a part of the greater pirate BS&T investigation. Where Goat might want to consider a non-extradition country to move to, is the fact that the SEC will also be forwarding their investigation to other agencies within the US government. The DEA will be very interested in any sort of money laundering activity that was happening near the Golden Triangle, and Goat has openly admitted that he travels across borders with ease to visit remote areas of Laos and Cambodia. American entrepreneurs who travel with that profile typically only do so for a very limited number of reasons, none of which have anything to do with rice farming, gem collecting or bitcoins.

tl;dr You have issues with Goat. You made that point already, though - so much that Helen Keller could have gleaned it from this forum.
LoupGaroux

View Profile
October 03, 2012, 11:27:04 PM

tl;dr You have issues with Goat. You made that point already, though - so much that Helen Keller could have gleaned it from this forum.

Hey, thanks for your insightful comments there youngster, but you missed the point because of your cavalier "tl;dr". It is not about an issue with Goat, it is an issue with criminals bringing their criminal acts and executing them on the bitcoin community. I was offering a clarification to MPOE who mis-stated where Goat is located, a point which has significant bearing on the topic of this discussion.

Interesting that you choose to suck up for Goat so quickly after your defense of usagi and his/her scams with value manipulation. You certainly want to establish a reputation as an apologist for criminal fuck-wits don't you? Or are you just a full time sock puppet scammer-lover who thinks all the bad guys are your boyfriend?

Chances are if Helen Keller were alive today she would have a conversion program that would read the post to her out load, or convert it to braille, so her "gleaning it" really doesn't do much as analogy.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: