Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:26:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Got off the phone with the Guy from the S.E.C  (Read 28472 times)
BitcoinINV (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 06:37:39 PM

So I called the guy on the email, left a voice mail and expected him to email me. Well As I was getting ready to hop in the shower he called back. Pirate40 is going to Prison...... he did not say the exchange was going to be closed cause he could not disclose that information but he asked 1000's of questions about it. When I told him I was going to move my money he said, might not be a bad Idea. I answered all the questions honestly, he had me on speaker phone and told me anything I said could be used for court purposes.
NOW
On to butterfly labs, I told him the situation with them and he told me to file complaints with the FTC and my state attorney gen...
advice for butterfly labs, expect a call lol.
He asked tons of questions about PPT operators, theymos and how to buy bitcoins.
I have to head out now but Ill update with more info to questions when I get back tonight.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 06:41:01 PM

So I called the guy on the email, left a voice mail and expected him to email me. Well As I was getting ready to hop in the shower he called back. Pirate40 is going to Prison...... he did not say the exchange was going to be closed cause he could not disclose that information but he asked 1000's of questions about it. When I told him I was going to move my money he said, might not be a bad Idea. I answered all the questions honestly, he had me on speaker phone and told me anything I said could be used for court purposes.
NOW
On to butterfly labs, I told him the situation with them and he told me to file complaints with the FTC and my state attorney gen...
He asked tons of questions about PPT operators, theymos and how to buy bitcoins.
I have to head out now but Ill update with more info to questions when I get back tonight.

Woah, What the heck did i miss? Theres alot of seemingly important information in here!
Pirate was Found and Caught?
Butterflylabs wronged you in someform?

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
Severian

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 06:41:18 PM

Quit calling Mommy and Daddy to settle disputes. Instead, why don't people learn to watch how they conduct business and be careful of who they conduct business with?
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2012, 06:46:15 PM

I call Shennanigans!

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 06:48:03 PM

NOW

Woah, What the heck did i miss? Theres alot of seemingly important information in here!
Pirate was Found and Caught?
Butterflylabs wronged you in someform?

SEC is going after pirate. There's a thread in the main forum.
yochdog
Legendary

Activity: 2044

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 06:50:44 PM

NOW

Jesum dude, we need more info as you are dropping bombs all over in that paragraph. 

Also, 1,000's of questions?  Was this call over the course of several days? 

I am a trusted trader!  Ask Inaba, Luo Demin, Vanderbleek, Sannyasi, Episking, Miner99er, Isepick, Amazingrando, Cablez, ColdHardMetal, Dextryn, MB300sd, Robocoder, gnar1ta$ and many others!
BitcoinINV (OP)

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 06:55:40 PM

NOW

Jesum dude, we need more info as you are dropping bombs all over in that paragraph. 

about 35 mins and recorded by the S.E.C

GLBSE he asked about
He knew all of pirates info already
Butterfly Labs I told him about and he sent me to the FTC and NCDOJ, can prove that with email responses and Ticket I.D.
he noted on both of them,
Call it what you will Inaba you will get a call or a letter I Bet 50 Coins on that lol

yochdog
Legendary

Activity: 2044

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 06:59:09 PM

NOW

about 35 mins and recorded by the S.E.C

GLBSE he asked about
He knew all of pirates info already
Butterfly Labs I told him about and he sent me to the FTC and NCDOJ, can prove that with email responses and Ticket I.D.
he noted on both of them,
Call it what you will Inaba you will get a call or a letter I Bet 50 Coins on that lol

OK, now I can decipher the original statement......the exchange is GLBSE, and you are thinking of moving your money off of the platform. 

10-4. 

I am a trusted trader!  Ask Inaba, Luo Demin, Vanderbleek, Sannyasi, Episking, Miner99er, Isepick, Amazingrando, Cablez, ColdHardMetal, Dextryn, MB300sd, Robocoder, gnar1ta$ and many others!
phantastisch
Legendary

Activity: 2270
Merit: 1363

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 07:01:13 PM

HOWEYCOINS   ▮      Excitement and         ⭐  ● TWITTER  ● FACEBOOK   ⭐       
  ▮    guaranteed returns                 ●TELEGRAM                         
  ▮  of the travel industry
    ⭐  ●Ann Thread ●Instagram   ⭐ 
✅    U.S.Sec    ➡️
✅  approved!  ➡️
Fjordbit

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

firstbits.com/1kznfw

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2012, 07:02:40 PM

Lol, sounds like he said "I don't care, go on a government goose chase." Are people really this inexperienced with bureaucracy? I can see the AG enthralled with your story of how website members ordered computer equipment that was promised in 4-6 weeks, and it actually took 9-11 weeks to arrive instead. I'm sure they'll have a whole team on it in hours.
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 07:03:27 PM

OP cannot even right a few paragraphs of text in correct English and with internal consistency. Not much of a source.

However, if Pirate is going to jail that is very bad news indeed Sad
I'd say that's excellent news.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 07:04:19 PM

OP cannot even right a few paragraphs of text in correct English and with internal consistency. Not much of a source.

Why?  You think he was just going to pay everyone in full tomorrow except oops he is going to jail so he can't.

He wasn't ever going to pay anything.  Either he can't be (because he stupidly lost it) or he wasn't because he figured he got away with your cash.

He is scammer, thief garbage.  We aren't talking a couple GPUs here but millions of dollars.
Fjordbit

firstbits.com/1kznfw

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2012, 07:05:35 PM

It's really bad news for people who received any kind of payout from pirate during the whole operation. Google clawback. Welcome to the underside of the bus.
davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2012, 07:06:00 PM

GLBSE he asked about

I'll just leave this here : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=112402.0

Nefario

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2012, 07:17:44 PM

GLBSE is based in the UK and is subject to regulation by the  Financial Services Authority (FSA), we are in the process of becoming a registered company that meets all conditions to carry on business.

We have not been contacted by the SEC and are not subject to SEC regulation.

Nefario.

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
Severian

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 07:18:26 PM

He is scammer, thief garbage. 

You're being pretty hard on garbage there. At least garbage is honest.

All of this, down to involving the SEC (who will now be all over this board), is a result of people allowing their obsessive acquisitiveness (greed) to overtake common sense. I watched the Pirate drama unfold and only rejoined this board when it fell apart.

I sometimes wonder if this board has a large share of dumb smart people or smart dumb people.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 07:20:02 PM

I was just going to post that link... makes a lot more sense now.
sturle
Legendary

Activity: 1437
Merit: 1002

https://bitmynt.no

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2012, 07:20:31 PM

It's really bad news for people who received any kind of payout from pirate during the whole operation. Google clawback. Welcome to the underside of the bus.
Everyone who was a part of that operation should have known better.  It can't come as a surprise to *anyone* that the legality of BS&T was dubious at best.  Since the beginning.  If you are a part of an illegal operation, you should be prepared for the consequences, and don't expect to keep any "profit".

Sjå https://bitmynt.no for veksling av bitcoin mot norske kroner.  Trygt, billig, raskt og enkelt sidan 2010.
I buy with EUR and other currencies at a fair market price when you want to sell.  See http://bitmynt.no/eurprice.pl
Warning: "Bitcoin" XT, Classic, Unlimited and the likes are scams. Don't use them, and don't listen to their shills.
Fjordbit

firstbits.com/1kznfw

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2012, 07:34:08 PM

Everyone who was a part of that operation should have known better.  It can't come as a surprise to *anyone* that the legality of BS&T was dubious at best.  Since the beginning.  If you are a part of an illegal operation, you should be prepared for the consequences, and don't expect to keep any "profit".

You're preaching to the choir. Malevolent has one of my many prescient warnings (and really my last public appeal to logic on the matter) as his forum signature. And you're right, if pirate was involved in any additional illegal activities, such as laundering, etc, welcome to the second set of wheels on that bus. Good luck in not ending up in Gitmo.

Nefario

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2012, 07:37:37 PM

I was just going to post that link... makes a lot more sense now.

I made the comment in that thread that this is not related. Theymos decided in our shareholder meeting on Friday night/Saturday morning to sell his stake. He doesn't want to be a part of the process of GLBSE becoming legitimate.

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: