Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 03:43:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should we limit the number of active loans per user?
No. As long as he is paying.
Yes, max 1 active loan per user.
Yes, max 2 active loans per user.
Yes, max 3 active loans per user.
Yes, max 5 active loans per user.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 83 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BTCJam - Peer to Peer Bitcoin Lending  (Read 204914 times)
Tulkas (OP)

Activity: 352
Merit: 250

Founder, BTCJAM

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2012, 07:05:41 PM

On the https://btcjam.com/listings page, I can't seem to properly sort "Time Left" by Ascending or Descending. I'm using Chrome.

Yep, next release will fix that.

BTCJAM - Peer to Peer Bitcoin Lending
https://btcjam.com
boonies4u

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 11:48:05 PM

I'm getting a "has already been taken" on my second attempt to upload a scan of my driver's license.
scribe

Activity: 295

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2012, 09:25:21 AM

Re deposit addresses:

No. it will change every time you use it.

What happens with sending to old addresses? i.e. if I send BTC to a previously-used address, will it still reach my btcjam account? Or do I *have* to use the latest address?

Just wondering if I can set up a single "deposit" address in my wallet for quick sending.

blocknois.es Bitcoin music label. ~ New release: This Is Art

Read: Bitcoin Life | Wear: FUTUREECONOMY
Tulkas (OP)

Founder, BTCJAM

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2012, 09:41:43 PM

I'm getting a "has already been taken" on my second attempt to upload a scan of my driver's license.

Hello boonies4u, its fixed now.

Tulkas (OP)

Founder, BTCJAM

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2012, 09:44:19 PM

Re deposit addresses:

What happens with sending to old addresses? i.e. if I send BTC to a previously-used address, will it still reach my btcjam account? Or do I *have* to use the latest address?

Just wondering if I can set up a single "deposit" address in my wallet for quick sending.

It will work for short periods of time but its not recommended and we cannot guarantee deposits made that way will work.

Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2012, 12:03:00 AM

Re deposit addresses:

It will work for short periods of time but its not recommended and we cannot guarantee deposits made that way will work.

I think assigning a static address to the lenders has a lot of benefits. Besides being able to send money to your own account, it would be easy to set up the repayment system to automatically take any repaid BTC sent to it and split it up among the lenders to the same addresses the loan originally came from. If you end up supporting multi-signature transactions, this will be essential.
Seal
Donator

Activity: 848
Merit: 1078

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2012, 05:49:00 AM

On the https://btcjam.com/listings page, I can't seem to properly sort "Time Left" by Ascending or Descending. I'm using Chrome.

... 10btc lent to boonies4u through BTCJam Smiley

DefiDive - Filter the noise
A clean crypto asset management terminal
boonies4u

Activity: 826

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 05:55:23 AM

Thank you! lol

I upgraded my credit rating up to a 6/10, so maybe you should consider increasing your investment? <3
dlasher

Activity: 467

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2012, 06:06:08 AM

love the idea... Hope it sees use!
Seal
Donator

Activity: 848
Merit: 1078

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2012, 07:33:54 AM

Thank you! lol

I upgraded my credit rating up to a 6/10, so maybe you should consider increasing your investment? <3

I'm just testing the waters for now... although 10btc is a fair chunk for a test lol. I wouldn't mind an otc rating (not within btcjam) after though as mine is 0 right now and I dont really do much trading. Is that possible!?!?

DefiDive - Filter the noise
A clean crypto asset management terminal
squall1066
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1032

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 07:13:07 PM

Getting to grips with this site now, Looking good, I have 2 points if I may, Firstly, With people that "verify" themselves with you then run off with BTC, What (if anything) do you do? Secondly, As regards deposit addresses, Someone already asked what would happen if an old address was used, you said it might not work, and you cant guarantee anything, This does sound scammish as you have the address in the first place so it would just go to you, Can you setup a permanent address per account? and just ask for new withdraw address each time?

regards

squall1066
Tulkas (OP)

Founder, BTCJAM

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2012, 08:20:01 PM

Getting to grips with this site now, Looking good, I have 2 points if I may, Firstly, With people that "verify" themselves with you then run off with BTC, What (if anything) do you do? Secondly, As regards deposit addresses, Someone already asked what would happen if an old address was used, you said it might not work, and you cant guarantee anything, This does sound scammish as you have the address in the first place so it would just go to you, Can you setup a permanent address per account? and just ask for new withdraw address each time?

regards

squall1066

About the procedures, it was already explained on this thread, summing up: the verification procedure prevents scammers of creating multiple high scored accounts, we are also talking with experian at this very moment to implement collection procedures, but it involves some legal aspects that are being addressed by our lawyer, news soon.

To add funds to your account you must click "add funds" and use the address provided. This is the only method right now. We plan to provide other funding methods, i'm sorry for the inconvenience. You can also suggest and vote for features at the user voice widget on our landing page.

Tulkas (OP)

Founder, BTCJAM

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2012, 08:22:00 PM

Re deposit addresses:

I think assigning a static address to the lenders has a lot of benefits. Besides being able to send money to your own account, it would be easy to set up the repayment system to automatically take any repaid BTC sent to it and split it up among the lenders to the same addresses the loan originally came from. If you end up supporting multi-signature transactions, this will be essential.

Thanks for the inputs! Good points, we will get back to you folks on that!

squall1066
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 07:50:17 AM

regards

squall1066

About the procedures, it was already explained on this thread, summing up: the verification procedure prevents scammers of creating multiple high scored accounts, we are also talking with experian at this very moment to implement collection procedures, but it involves some legal aspects that are being addressed by our lawyer, news soon.

To add funds to your account you must click "add funds" and use the address provided. This is the only method right now. We plan to provide other funding methods, i'm sorry for the inconvenience. You can also suggest and vote for features at the user voice widget on our landing page.

This was not my question, I am not inconvenienced by this, I know how to add funds, I'm asking would it be better for a static deposit address, As any payments made to a old address will just go to you.

also I was not aware of a 0.001 fee for withdrawing money.

regards
squall1066
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2012, 07:56:30 AM

regards

squall1066

You cant stop the scammers even with full verification. It does lessen the incidence but not by much.

squall1066
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 07:58:43 AM
Last edit: October 05, 2012, 07:26:22 PM by squall1066

This is my thought exactly, Would it be better if a lender was here on this forum requesting I.D. than to trust a 3rd party to go debt collecting?

Put in 15, Was going to test the waters, Taken out 15 (I needed short term), Received 14.995 with 0.004 in BTCjam (0.001 gone?), cant withdraw as its too low, so i'm haveing to put in 0.496 to make 0.5 BTC to see if it can come out, Which cost me 0.0005 Fee, So faw without doing anything It has cost me 0.0015.

EDIT - So when that cleared I tried sending myself the 0.5BTC and guess what, I only got sent 0.495 leaving 0.0045 in BTCjam that I cant take out, This is a bad way to do business.

EDIT also, It did say "invalid transaction request" each time but still sent the BTC.
Tulkas (OP)

Founder, BTCJAM

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2012, 10:57:59 PM

This is my thought exactly, Would it be better if a lender was here on this forum requesting I.D. than to trust a 3rd party to go debt collecting?

Put in 15, Was going to test the waters, Taken out 15 (I needed short term), Received 14.995 with 0.004 in BTCjam (0.001 gone?), cant withdraw as its too low, so i'm haveing to put in 0.496 to make 0.5 BTC to see if it can come out, Which cost me 0.0005 Fee, So faw without doing anything It has cost me 0.0015.

EDIT - So when that cleared I tried sending myself the 0.5BTC and guess what, I only got sent 0.495 leaving 0.0045 in BTCjam that I cant take out, This is a bad way to do business.

EDIT also, It did say "invalid transaction request" each time but still sent the BTC.

I'm sorry for your trouble.

The bitcoin network charges a fee for small transactios, there is no withdraw fees from our side. If the system charged you the wrong transaction fee we will return your 0.0005, I will check the logs and get back to you.

squall1066
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 06:08:04 AM

I'm sorry for your trouble.

The bitcoin network charges a fee for small transactios, there is no withdraw fees from our side. If the system charged you the wrong transaction fee we will return your 0.0005, I will check the logs and get back to you.

You have again read my question wrong, I shall write more clearly, I am aware of the 0.0005 BTC that is the network fee, When I withdrew 15BTC I recieved 14.995 with 0.004 still in the BTCjam account, So there is 0.001 missing. Was this a network fee for sending back?
Why can I not get the 0.004 out of BTCjam? When I withdrew 15 why did this small amount stay in the account? Why does every transaction come with "error, Invalid transaction request.
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 03:46:28 PM

Can you add if the some of the information is pending
Tifa1066

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 09:05:33 PM

I notice you display when users use Tor. Does this mean that you log I.P addresses? And if so, do you release that information when a borrower defaults?
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 83 »
  Print  

Jump to: