Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 03:56:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should we limit the number of active loans per user?
No. As long as he is paying.
Yes, max 1 active loan per user.
Yes, max 2 active loans per user.
Yes, max 3 active loans per user.
Yes, max 5 active loans per user.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BTCJam - Peer to Peer Bitcoin Lending  (Read 204911 times)
Bemtje

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 10, 2013, 07:39:49 PM

Maybe adding a "Heatware" verification would be good too.
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cosmicone

Activity: 105

View Profile
February 10, 2013, 07:42:45 PM

I just connected my eBay, but it doesn't show anyone anything, other than I connected to eBay... were does it show my stats to others?

Now you have 5 positive reviews that came from Ebay.

You have an ebay badge at your user page and in any listing you may have.

Hmm, my eBay rating is 583, 100%, Member since: 21-Dec-00 in Canada.

Tulkas (OP)

Activity: 352
Merit: 250

Founder, BTCJAM

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2013, 07:56:39 PM

I just connected my eBay, but it doesn't show anyone anything, other than I connected to eBay... were does it show my stats to others?

Yes, and your number of unique positive feedbacks is 5.

The Ebay score will be added soon.

BTCJAM - Peer to Peer Bitcoin Lending
https://btcjam.com
cosmicone

Activity: 105

View Profile
February 10, 2013, 07:59:27 PM

Yes, and your number of unique positive feedbacks is 5.

The Ebay score will be added soon.

Gotacha.  I thought that was what was coming from eBay connection... you said 5 positive reviews came from eBay, not sure what that means, but I'll keep watching my account.  Seeing how my numbers are affected, helps me determine how others are generated, since we can't actually see the connections.
Shermo

Activity: 272

View Profile
February 10, 2013, 10:36:19 PM

[edit]
Nevermind, just read that the paypal is still in progress...
Smoovious

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

Scattering my bits around the net since 1980

View Profile
February 10, 2013, 11:09:46 PM

Tulkas...

I have sent in the coin for the next payment on my loan, to my deposit address, but it hasn't even shown up as unconfirmed yet. Has been a couple hours now.

Deposit addy: 173JVQDZbogfvxCm2GBbgdKVNLmM16uymB
http://blockchain.info/tx/b7b67fcc16159d06656a7508d4b7c0401c2d499e4b3bd54ddec630d47279f6e3

This is the same addy I have always used to deposit to with no problem, would you check to see something isn't working properly?

-- Smoov

The wallet was changed after the attack, you should always generate a new address to make deposits. I will put the old wallet online and get the coins.
Thnxy, appreciate it.

-- Smoov
ThaddeusB

Activity: 84

View Profile
February 11, 2013, 05:28:50 AM

New feature!

You can now import your feedback from Ebay.

Just go to dashboard and click "ebay connect".

[]'s

This doesn't seem like a very good idea.  Buying a bunch of stuff on eBay doesn't make someone any more trustworthy and the (potentially) large feedback numbers will make the meager actual betjam feedback look meaningless.

Thaddeus
Evolyn

Activity: 376
Merit: 312

Can you say... nighty-night?

View Profile
February 11, 2013, 06:49:17 AM

New feature!

You can now import your feedback from Ebay.

Just go to dashboard and click "ebay connect".

[]'s

Years ago i stopped using ebay for good reasons. I like how u try to make btcjam more trustworthy, but this is !#@&ing bull%§!" in my eyes.

This doesn't seem like a very good idea.  Buying a bunch of stuff on eBay doesn't make someone any more trustworthy and the (potentially) large feedback numbers will make the meager actual betjam feedback look meaningless.

Totally agree.

First you banned ratingwhoring, now you insert ratingwhoring via ebay.

I dont know about ebay today, but in my case, ebay is synonymous with high fees, fraudsters and ratingwhoring. May the image changed today, but the old image of ebay is burnt into my head. Avoid ebay, no exception.

Maybe i just overreact cuz i noticed the word ebay  Huh

Forex meets Bitcoin Exchange: Release the Kraken
Bemtje

Activity: 78

View Profile
February 11, 2013, 01:13:19 PM

Anyone else have troubles logging in?
Tulkas (OP)

Founder, BTCJAM

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2013, 06:34:07 PM

Thaddeus

I agree.
The eBay rating is now displayed separately.

You can also see the ebay handle and account creation date at the user page.

Tulkas (OP)

Founder, BTCJAM

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2013, 07:06:30 PM

New feature online, you can now add your verified PayPal account.

Only verified accounts will be accepted.

tom1

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 11, 2013, 08:13:30 PM

One thing I always ask for before lending coins is a unique picture.

After I get the documents with the person's picture and address, I ask for a photo of them standing in front of a landmark near their home.  If you've bought your documents online, you can't produce this.

BTCJam should add this in, although it would require more admin work.
I agree, that would be a good improvement. Tulkas, please think about it.

Ilikeham

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 12, 2013, 01:05:16 AM

Just putting out there I trialed 5BTC on the site just to see how it goes etc... call it an experiment with 100 bucks that I can afford to lose, knowledge is power. I got my knowledge and so far 2/7 have overdue payments with no contact or information. As a lender with only one feedback I can't leave feedback myself even though I've been rooked for BTC. That's wonderful.

Waste of time and resources. They really don't do a fucking there that would make anyone pay a defaulted loan. At the rate of payback, your money is better left in your wallet. So basically they skim to collect their fees and don't do much to engender real trust in micro loans the way a payday lending institution would.

Don't like what I'm saying? I could care less. My honest opinion is simply to avoid this site entirely. I hold no malice in this matter; as of now , it's forgotten.
yellowdog213

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2013, 02:16:40 AM

Just putting out there I trialed 5BTC on the site just to see how it goes etc... call it an experiment with 100 bucks that I can afford to lose, knowledge is power. I got my knowledge and so far 2/7 have overdue payments with no contact or information. As a lender with only one feedback I can't leave feedback myself even though I've been rooked for BTC. That's wonderful.

Waste of time and resources. They really don't do a fucking there that would make anyone pay a defaulted loan. At the rate of payback, your money is better left in your wallet. So basically they skim to collect their fees and don't do much to engender real trust in micro loans the way a payday lending institution would.

Don't like what I'm saying? I could care less. My honest opinion is simply to avoid this site entirely. I hold no malice in this matter; as of now , it's forgotten.

You likely just picked the wrong users to invest in. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. But you definitely learn with time who you can and cannot trust. It makes no difference to me if you do or do not continue to use the site, but I find it to be a learning experience. Like you, I just decided to put in a couple bitcoins to experiment, but I have actually made a couple bitcoins with my investments. I have also lost some due to scammers, but that's part of the risk. I would give it a little while before you totally make your decision about BTCJam, but thats just my two cents.
ThaddeusB

View Profile
February 12, 2013, 02:21:40 AM

As a lender with only one feedback I can't leave feedback myself even though I've been rooked for BTC. That's wonderful.

The number of feedback you have received is irrelevant.  To leave feedback, you need a reputation score of 4 or more from verification section.
Ilikeham

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 12, 2013, 03:13:05 AM

As a lender with only one feedback I can't leave feedback myself even though I've been rooked for BTC. That's wonderful.

The number of feedback you have received is irrelevant.  To leave feedback, you need a reputation score of 4 or more from verification section.

Irrelevant, I lend money, I don't borrow. Zero interest in giving more data to a "by the wayside" website to "lose".

You likely just picked the wrong users to invest in. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. But you definitely learn with time who you can and cannot trust. It makes no difference to me if you do or do not continue to use the site, but I find it to be a learning experience. Like you, I just decided to put in a couple bitcoins to experiment, but I have actually made a couple bitcoins with my investments. I have also lost some due to scammers, but that's part of the risk. I would give it a little while before you totally make your decision about BTCJam, but thats just my two cents.

Fair enough, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. Based on payback site wide, you are likely better off with Satoshi Dice or poker. At least with those two options there is no "money into a black hole effect". You can see the results of the bet and what happened. With the micro loan, if it defaults, it's just a black hole with no data.

Again, not bitter, really don't care about this specific dollar value or I wouldn't gamble. Just sharing the experience I PAID for. I honestly think genuine gambling with a verifiable betting service is a far better risk. Fully realize there is no "sure thing" and have always believed that. However based on the odds, you might as well invest in a usagi business model, at least you'll get entertainment while he fights with the trolls.
ThaddeusB

View Profile
February 12, 2013, 04:32:52 AM

Irrelevant, I lend money, I don't borrow. Zero interest in giving more data to a "by the wayside" website to "lose".

You complained you couldn't give ratings, so I told you what you needed to do to give them...  It doesn't really matter though; no scamer is going to ask for another loan under the same ID after defaulting.  Instead, they will simply create a new one.
ThaddeusB

View Profile
February 12, 2013, 04:34:27 AM
Last edit: February 12, 2013, 05:13:15 AM by ThaddeusB

Tulkas,

I suggest you not give a reputation point for eBay unless the person actually has some feedback there.  Otherwise, it is just yet another automated process for scammers to easily game with 30 seconds of effort.

Also, I have been getting the "We're sorry, but something went wrong." all day when I click on the rate a user button.  Something is probably messed up on your end.

Thaddeus
Tulkas (OP)

Founder, BTCJAM

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2013, 11:48:36 AM

Tulkas,

I suggest you not give a reputation point for eBay unless the person actually has some feedback there.  Otherwise, it is just yet another automated process for scammers to easily game with 30 seconds of effort.

Also, I have been getting the "We're sorry, but something went wrong." all day when I click on the rate a user button.  Something is probably messed up on your end.

Thaddeus

Rating is back online.

BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1131

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2013, 12:28:53 PM

The Ponzi scam operators are not going to like having a limit on the number of active loans.

I see that the Ponzi scam scum have started voting for unlimited loans.

I guess this poll will show just how many scammers vote.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 »
  Print  

Jump to: