Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 01:32:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: TYGRR.* assets on GLBSE delisted.  (Read 33217 times)
Nefario (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2012, 05:16:47 AM

We've provided goat everything he needs to continue his relationship with his asset holders.

We can't be forced to do business with someone who is a liability.

If he believes that we've breached contract, he can take legal action against us.
Yesterday was a sink of shares (not associated to the pirate), at a low price. Goats under contract, he can give me back my value of these shares, but at a low price. he will be right. and who provoked the situation when I lost money, I think is clear. you had to solve the problem together and find a way out.

Goat has been provided everything he needs to fulfill his contractual obligations without GLBSE.

This is not even close to being true.

Why not?

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
stochastic

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 05:23:33 AM

We've provided goat everything he needs to continue his relationship with his asset holders.

We can't be forced to do business with someone who is a liability.

If he believes that we've breached contract, he can take legal action against us.
Yesterday was a sink of shares (not associated to the pirate), at a low price. Goats under contract, he can give me back my value of these shares, but at a low price. he will be right. and who provoked the situation when I lost money, I think is clear. you had to solve the problem together and find a way out.

Goat has been provided everything he needs to fulfill his contractual obligations without GLBSE.

This is not even close to being true.

Why not?

Because I would need a second stock exchange and as you know we made a deal that I would not make one if you would give me real GLBSE stock. And now I have neither a second stock exchange or GLBSE stock.

How can I operated an exchange with software you had me not develop?

What a nefarious guy you are...

Try giving the cryptostock people a call.  They might be willing to set something up.

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 05:28:25 AM

GLBSE handled this terribly, first they disable assets without any prior notice to anyone and then don't even explain anything how to proceed further to the issuer and asset holders; let the users figure out on their own a one line message that didn't even make any sense. "Contact issuer:delisted"  - is very confusing statement, should have read something like "Delisted. Contact Issuer".
HorseRider
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 05:29:18 AM

goat should try to work with other exchange to control the situation.
i guess nefario has rhe right to delist the asset. it is a pepertual stop trading.but if a pre warning had been sent out would have been better than a suprise notice. traditional exchanges give a pre warning before delisting.

16SvwJtQET7mkHZFFbJpgPaDA1Pxtmbm5P
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2012, 05:32:26 AM

Yes I will need all of their BTC addresses to send them coins. I'm sure Nefario will send this soon enough.

Maybe we could avoid that and just set up a new exchange where people can just put in their "secret code" and make a claim.

Might be the way to do it.  

The way Nefario wants to do this is there is no longer liquidity. No way I can see peoples bids if they want to sell out.

Making dividend payments should be easy enough once a system is in place.

A simple claim form would be enough. People input their code and give you an address to send the coins too.

Nefario (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2012, 05:35:00 AM

I'm sure Nefario will be reasonable and work something out once he cools down. He is just upset I would not trade him the "Fake" GLBSE assets. He is just upset and power tripping right now.

Rubbish, your a complete liability to do business with.

stochastic

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 05:36:27 AM

Yes I will need all of their BTC addresses to send them coins. I'm sure Nefario will send this soon enough.

Maybe we could avoid that and just set up a new exchange where people can just put in their "secret code" and make a claim.

The way Nefario wants to do this is there is no longer liquidity. No way I can see peoples bids if they want to sell out.

A simple claim form would be enough. People input their code and give you an address to send the coins too.

How many coins? And what if they don't want to sell? I would need to make dividend payments. Some bonds I can't even buy back or know the fair value to.

It is not workable like this.

An argument could be made that since the contracts were only available through GLBSE and GLBSE de-listed the contracts, that they are now voided.

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
Nefario (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2012, 05:37:50 AM

How many coins? And what if they don't want to sell? I would need to make dividend payments. Some bonds I can't even buy back or know the fair value to.

An argument could be made that since the contracts were only available through GLBSE and GLBSE de-listed the contracts, that they are now voided.

Actually no, Goat had his contracts on the forums, and anything thats not there I can put on the forum.

koin
Legendary

Activity: 873

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 05:38:08 AM

It was sent to the email used for your GLBSE account. Where else would it be?

e-mail is not secure.  smtp sends messages clear text.  

was this sent, encrypted with goat's public pgp key?

if not, there is no way for these to be used to claim anything since they were not transmitted in a secure manner.  

if goat's system was compromised, or some hacker was sniffing smtp traffic between glbse and hi, goat could get a claim from just about anybody.
Nolo

Whoa, there are a lot of cats in this wall.

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 05:38:31 AM

Perhaps my Bitcoin Dispute Resolution Mediation Services are required?   Cheesy

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=110652.0

Charlie Kelly: I'm pleading the 5th.  The Attorney: I would advise you do that.  Charlie Kelly: I'll take that advice under cooperation, alright? Now, let's say you and I go toe-to-toe on bird law and see who comes out the victor?  The Attorney: You know, I don't think I'm going to do anything close to that and I can clearly see you know nothing about the law.
19GpqFsNGP8jS941YYZZjmCSrHwvX3QjiC
Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2012, 05:40:03 AM

One of goat's contracts on glbse said "test"

stochastic

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 05:40:49 AM

Actually no, Goat had his contracts on the forums, and anything thats not there I can put on the forum.

He marketed on the forum, he did not sell them through the forum and used GLBSE as the mechanism for the sales.  As the mechanism for the sale and transfer of shares it not available to him anymore, his contracts that relied upon that mechanism is void.  Why do you keep opening up GLBSE to such liability and bad publicity?

Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 05:42:42 AM

I'm sure Nefario will be reasonable and work something out once he cools down. He is just upset I would not trade him the "Fake" GLBSE assets. He is just upset and power tripping right now.

Rubbish, your a complete liability to do business with.

your beef with Goat is also screwing your users who own any Tyggr's assets without any concern for these people.
Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2012, 06:31:34 AM

My obligation was with GLBSE. What happens if I pay back 50% and then GLBSE relists my assets like nothing happened? Then I'm really screwed as I owe them all again...

Why would glbse relist your assets ?

Nefario (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2012, 06:33:45 AM

My obligation was with GLBSE. What happens if I pay back 50% and then GLBSE relists my assets like nothing happened? Then I'm really screwed as I owe them all again...

Wasn't your obligation to your asset holders not GLBSE?

Bastone

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 06:53:35 AM

What about GLBSE's Nefario's obligation, theyhe acts as the middle man, an asset issuer can't even get any data about who holds the asset.  Apparently GLBSENefario gets to fuck the issuers, then fuck the shareholders all while sitting in the middle with no liability, here's your secret code list, everything is all roses now.  If GLBSENefario is going to act like this, then theyhe need to get out from the middle of the shareholder-asset issuer relationship.  The asset issuer needs to know the usernames, withdraw addresses, number of shares owned of the shareholders.  Otherwise GLBSENefario DOES HAVE AN OBLIGATION TO THE SHAREHOLDERS AND THE ISSUERS.  One that is greater then, oh well weI quit, here's your secret code list.
Nefario (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2012, 06:58:54 AM

My obligation was with GLBSE. What happens if I pay back 50% and then GLBSE relists my assets like nothing happened? Then I'm really screwed as I owe them all again..

What about GLBSE's Nefario's obligation, theyhe acts as the middle man, an asset issuer can't even get any data about who holds the asset.  Apparently GLBSENefario gets to fuck the issuers, then fuck the shareholders all while sitting in the middle with no liability, here's your secret code list, everything is all roses now.  If GLBSENefario is going to act like this, then theyhe need to get out from the middle of the shareholder-asset issuer relationship.  The asset issuer needs to know the usernames, withdraw addresses, number of shares owned of the shareholders.  Otherwise GLBSENefario DOES HAVE AN OBLIGATION TO THE SHAREHOLDERS AND THE ISSUERS.  One that is greater then, oh well weI quit, here's your secret code list.

You're very much mistaken.

Goat has been give a list of accounts with their balance, all an asset holder needs do is go to goat and give him their code.

We nolonger have any obligation to goat.

Bastone

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 07:07:31 AM

My obligation was with GLBSE. What happens if I pay back 50% and then GLBSE relists my assets like nothing happened? Then I'm really screwed as I owe them all again..

You're very much mistaken.

Goat has been give a list of accounts with their balance, all an asset holder needs do is go to goat and give him their code.

We nolonger have any obligation to goat.

Your chickenshit method puts the burden on each and every shareholder to be proactive because the service that you provide has been removed, YOU FAILED IN YOUR OBLIGATION.  You should also give the asset issuer contact information for all of the shareholders too, so they can contact them when the exchange just quits in the middle of operations.  What a fucking joke.
memvola

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 07:46:55 AM

why was my balance/info given away to goat ? I hold some shares in tygrr , now i am being forced to contact goat to get my dividends (i dont talk to goat)

maybe give goat 3 months to close and delist his assets

+1

Nefario, I've been using GLBSE since day 1. I'm happy that GLBSE has become such a success, and I believe that your dependable character has been the most important factor.

This de-listing action is the first thing that really put me off from the platform. I can understand how an asset issuer can become a liability, but you are responsible for my convenience. I understand that Goat is still the owner of his company and needs to answer to his shareholders, but you are the one forcing me to spare my time and attention to something that I didn't ask for. If given notice, I would have traded my shares for probably much less than they should be worth, but I would still prefer that to dealing with this.

Besides, if the price was low enough, I could have bought a huge portion of the company that would make dealing with the situation worth my time. Maybe I could have arranged something totally different with the issuer about the payments.

You have taken this opportunity away, and in effect caused damage to your customers. I urge you to reconsider.
flower1024
Legendary

Activity: 1428

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 07:50:11 AM

why was my balance/info given away to goat ? I hold some shares in tygrr , now i am being forced to contact goat to get my dividends (i dont talk to goat)

maybe give goat 3 months to close and delist his assets

+1

Nefario, I've been using GLBSE since day 1. I'm happy that GLBSE has become such a success, and I believe that your dependable character has been the most important factor.

This de-listing action is the first thing that really put me off from the platform. I can understand how an asset issuer can become a liability, but you are responsible for my convenience. I understand that Goat is still the owner of his company and needs to answer to his shareholders, but you are the one forcing me to spare my time and attention to something that I didn't ask for. If given notice, I would have traded my shares for probably much less than they should be worth, but I would still prefer that to dealing with this.

Besides, if the price was low enough, I could have bought a huge portion of the company that would make dealing with the situation worth my time. Maybe I could have arranged something totally different with the issuer about the payments.

You have taken this opportunity away, and in affect caused damage to your customers.

as i already said:
nefario does what nefario thinks is right (which is not always a bad thing; actually i like people who act this way. but NOT as an exchange operator).

this is only the first action which causes harm to share holders - all others only harmed issuers.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: