Bitcoin Forum
July 08, 2024, 10:21:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: TYGRR.* assets on GLBSE delisted.  (Read 33227 times)
vmg3

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 07:56:24 AM

Who's next? Can he still trade shares?  Whats to stop him creating another account from tor?   Hard call! I purchased then sold some of the GLBSE shares... only abut 12 then sold them at a loss when their was a hint in the GLBSE Forum.  Am I a scammer?  Not much transparency.  Bitcoin is going to suffer either way.   
memvola

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 08:08:45 AM

nefario does what nefario thinks is right (which is not always a bad thing; actually i like people who act this way. but NOT as an exchange operator).

this is only the first action which causes harm to share holders - all others only harmed issuers.

I suspect Nefario didn't think this through properly, because he's usually dealing directly with issuers and doesn't get what kind of situation we are in. This is the only way I can make any sense of it. Otherwise how can an action that would most certainly affect so many people can be taken so abruptly?

I don't get what Nefario's decision accomplished other than taking a bunch of bitcoins from our pockets and putting them into Goat's. This is true even if Goat honors his contract because there is no way tens of shareholders will deal with this for a few coins worth of shares.
guruvan

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 08:46:13 AM

This is kind of creepy. 

I agree.  Don't get me wrong, this move is long overdue.  I'm worried about the precedent it sets though.

What precedent?

This is the kind of response to a real question that makes you not suitable to manage other peoples money.

Nefario, your responses in this thread exemplify why it is completely unsafe to list or purchase anything on GLBSE at this time. You've acted very arbitrarily in this, and show no signs of not doing such in the future. I recommend that investors get their money out ASAP, and asset issuers find a way to get their assets listed on other exchanges before money losses are incurred.

"We refuse to do business with you Goat" - Seriously - you had an obligation to the holders of Goat's assets, and you have fucked them. Good job. Yet again, GLBSE fucks investors while trying to fuck Goat. That was one of my first GLBSE experiences, and it will be one of my last. You really don't get it, do you, Nefario?

El Cabron
Gnomo
VIP

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 08:49:33 AM

This is kind of creepy. 

I agree.  Don't get me wrong, this move is long overdue.  I'm worried about the precedent it sets though.

What precedent?

This is the kind of response to a real question that makes you not suitable to manage other peoples money.

Nefario, your responses in this thread exemplify why it is completely unsafe to list or purchase anything on GLBSE at this time. You've acted very arbitrarily in this, and show no signs of not doing such in the future. I recommend that investors get their money out ASAP, and asset issuers find a way to get their assets listed on other exchanges before money losses are incurred.

"We refuse to do business with you Goat" - Seriously - you had an obligation to the holders of Goat's assets, and you have fucked them. Good job. Yet again, GLBSE fucks investors while trying to fuck Goat. That was one of my first GLBSE experiences, and it will be one of my last. You really don't get it, do you, Nefario?

I really should have learned my lesson the first time trying to work with Nefario, him locking my assets cuz I would not give him my ID. What silliness...

Sorry El Cabron, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
Trolling
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=622250.msg7030081#msg7030081
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 09:12:53 AM

GLBSE == gameover

MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 09:13:40 AM

All TYGRR assets have been moved off GLBSE (delisted)

Goat has been given all the information he needs to be able to continue doing TYGRR's business and continue his relationship with his asset holders without GLBSE.

He has a list of codes which shows what code has how much of the asset.

If you had any TYGRR assets you will see the claim code in your portfolio.

Contact Goat with the claim code, and he will known how many of the asset you have, and you will be able to continue your relationship with him.

Nefario.

This is kind of creepy.  Where in the TOS does it say that assets can be de-listed at any time?  It says they can stop trading but nothing about being de-listed.

Something about Nefario/Global Scam Exchange being in a compromised position. Who knows at this point.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
MPOE-PR

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 09:14:32 AM

This is kind of creepy. 

What precedent?

I really think there should be some kind of contract between GLBSE and the asset issuers that is more than a TOS that can be changed at anytime.

You mean the way MPEx does things? Myeah.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
MPOE-PR

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 09:19:23 AM

Because I would need a second stock exchange and as you know we made a deal that I would not make one if you would give me real GLBSE stock. And now I have neither a second stock exchange or GLBSE stock.

Ouch.

MPOE-PR

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 09:19:51 AM

It was sent to the email used for your GLBSE account. Where else would it be?

e-mail is not secure.  smtp sends messages clear text.  

was this sent, encrypted with goat's public pgp key?

if not, there is no way for these to be used to claim anything since they were not transmitted in a secure manner.  

if goat's system was compromised, or some hacker was sniffing smtp traffic between glbse and hi, goat could get a claim from just about anybody.

Nefario is too stupid to have considered any of this.

MPOE-PR

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 09:20:53 AM

My obligation was with GLBSE. What happens if I pay back 50% and then GLBSE relists my assets like nothing happened? Then I'm really screwed as I owe them all again...

Why would glbse relist your assets ?

For the exact reason it delisted them. Because Nefario is an unpredictable idiot.

MPOE-PR

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 09:22:39 AM

The real risk is created when he exercises his complete authority with the appearance of whim or perfidy.  The fact that he singles out individuals for delisting/freezing/etc. based on various "legal" reasons exposes him to liability for all the other scams traded on his exchange.  By policing a few, he must police them all.

In addition, by acting arbitrarily, he exposes himself to accusations of wrongful conduct as his actions injure various parties.

Nefario has already admitted that he has permitted illicit activity up to this point and is only remediating his profitable criminal complicity at this time in order to gain government recognition as a trading entity.  The smartest move at this point would be to close GLBSE completely, responsibly settle accounts, and then establish a new exchange with stricter controls necessary for compliance.

However, he is in a situation where he wants to eat his cake and have it as well.  This will cause difficulty.

http://polimedia.us/dtng/c/src/134654389322.png

guruvan

Activity: 532

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 10:13:07 AM

This is kind of creepy.  

What precedent?

I really think there should be some kind of contract between GLBSE and the asset issuers that is more than a TOS that can be changed at anytime.

You mean the way MPEx does things? Myeah.

Yes. Sans unpredictable idiocy.

Mushoz

Activity: 686

Bitbuy

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2012, 10:14:33 AM

I was looking to reinvest the BTC I have sitting in my GLBSE account, but if this decision isn't turned back I might just liquidate everything and withdraw instead. I need a reliable platform. Even though Goat is acting like a 12 year old who isn't allowed to have a second ice-cream, this was totally uncalled for.

Nefario, you should definitely reconsider.

www.bitbuy.nl - Koop eenvoudig, snel en goedkoop bitcoins bij Bitbuy!
Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2012, 10:20:43 AM

My obligation was with GLBSE. What happens if I pay back 50% and then GLBSE relists my assets like nothing happened? Then I'm really screwed as I owe them all again...

For the exact reason it delisted them. Because Nefario is an unpredictable idiot.

Your behaviour doesnt attract people to your platform either.

MPOE-PR

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 10:35:43 AM

Compare the facts, will you.

finkleshnorts

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 10:36:57 AM

+1

Just because of your ridiculous, petty "PR" forum account, I'm never going near the MPwhatever exchange.
memvola

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 10:53:24 AM

Even though Goat is acting like a 12 year old who isn't allowed to have a second ice-cream, this was totally uncalled for.

Exactly. The issuer is not even relevant to the problem we are having. I can't think of any reason this couldn't possibly be handled smoothly.

It's not that easy, we're invested knee-deep in GLBSE, and it's not like we have good alternatives.

Just because of your ridiculous, petty "PR" forum account, I'm never going near the MPwhatever exchange.

Sad but true.
Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2012, 11:06:33 AM

Compare the facts, will you.

Im not saying it to be an asshole. GLBSE needs a serious competitor not a crazy acting one.

Francesco

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 11:36:44 AM

Phrases in contracts like "in case GLBSE is no longer a viable platform" etc seemed to me overcautious... how ingenuous I am.

Cryptostocks seems nice, but, does anyone know if they are any more reliable?
Ocean6

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 12:13:38 PM

I am done with GLBSE.

Am currently selling all shares, will be moving my BTC out, and not trading there ever again.

This is unprofessional and ridiculous.

Life is What you Make it!
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: