Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:27:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Could Monero replace Bitcoin soon?  (Read 33658 times)
zecexe

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 02:26:41 PM

Monero >Bitcoin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
thefunkybits
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 04:22:26 PM

Not soon, I doubt ever

Definetely not soon but chances are it will do it.
Transacting bitcoin is clumsy due to too low block size, and if they increase it, it only postpones the problem - not solve it (taking care of symptoms instead of curing the sickness).

Speaking of block size...what's Monero's capacity in terms of txs per second?

Monero has a very scalable block size solution. It is "adaptive" as it changes with the amount of information going through the Monero network.
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2015, 10:46:43 PM

Monero has a very scalable block size solution. It is "adaptive" as it changes with the amount of information going through the Monero network.

Okay, thanks. I'd prefer a number, but what you wrote will do. Smiley

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 12:40:06 AM

What he said was right. There is no hard limit in the protocol. Noodle Doodle's recent benchmarks on an i7-2600K show 2.5 ms average tx verification time (per core) so that would max out at 1600 tx/second.

Usage at that level would require a lot of bandwidth and CPUs slower than a 2011 quad core desktop would not be able to keep up and would need to drop off.

Ingatqhvq

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 10:29:21 AM

I don't think it will happen.
Most people just know bitcoin. And what's the different between monero and darkcoin?
benthach
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2015, 10:36:01 AM

It`s not monero but it is StealthCoin that will replace BTC as soon as it releases fully decartelized StealthSend !

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=836009.0

i always like stealthcoin. it need to prove itself with stealthsend.
i liked it stealthtext and new cool wallet.

reddit btcwriter1 - twitter kingpininvestor
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 10:54:11 AM

And what's the different between monero and darkcoin?

https://twitter.com/petertoddbtc/status/622022840330682368

(Dash is the new name for darkcoin)
DiscoverCebu

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 10:58:52 AM

Fuck no, bitcoin can take on all the coins at once anytime. BTW I still am against monero for being so spammy regarding threads, one new thread about "sparking" new comment that another paid shill is paid to promote.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 11:12:22 AM

Fuck no, bitcoin can take on all the coins at once anytime. BTW I still am against monero for being so spammy regarding threads, one new thread about "sparking" new comment that another paid shill is paid to promote.

The Monero project is not paying any shills to create threads or for any other purpose.

Whoever is doing it has nothing to do with the project, and for all we know might be doing it in order to create a backlash. I'd advise against forming any opinion on anything, positive or negative, based on spam threads that can be created by anyone.
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 11:54:27 AM

The Monero project is not paying any shills to create threads or for any other purpose.

Whoever is doing it has nothing to do with the project, and for all we know might be doing it in order to create a backlash. I'd advise against forming any opinion on anything, positive or negative, based on spam threads that can be created by anyone.

I think someone should start a conspiracy thread: "Is the banking elite behind all the Monero shilling threads in order to harm Monero". Someone willing to start a new thread on that issue since it apparently is lacking from BTCT?   Grin
DiscoverCebu

Activity: 392

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 12:09:28 PM

I think someone should start a conspiracy thread: "Is the banking elite behind all the Monero shilling threads in order to harm Monero". Someone willing to start a new thread on that issue since it apparently is lacking from BTCT?   Grin

That is one thing I would not intend to do as it would create one more spam thread on my behalf.
Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2015, 01:40:31 PM

What he said was right. There is no hard limit in the protocol. Noodle Doodle's recent benchmarks on an i7-2600K show 2.5 ms average tx verification time (per core) so that would max out at 1600 tx/second.

Usage at that level would require a lot of bandwidth and CPUs slower than a 2011 quad core desktop would not be able to keep up and would need to drop off.

Thanks for the elaboration.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2015, 01:48:59 PM

Allow me to pitch in. Call me naïve, but I have a slight aversion to being too smart by half*. To my ingenuous eyes, what you've got are genuine Monero fanbois who are using this board as a sandbox for wider-world evangelism.

*My own surmise: this phrase was coined when someone with a reputation for annoyingly bragging about his I.Q. of 150 tripped himself up by reasoning his way into folly.

Bobekko

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 02:09:12 PM

Of course not. At least not soon. And starting another few hundred pointless threads about it isn't going to change that.

GingerAle
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2015, 12:01:02 AM

mmmm canned monero.

dunno if this was in this spammy thread, but yes and no. A transparent blockchain is great for some things. An optionally transparent is great for some things. For instance, I recently used proofofexistence. Could that be done with the cryptonote blockchain? Sure, but you'd have to tell all parties involved your viewkey etc etc. With bitcoin, anyone can hash my document and see the timestamped proof on the blockchain.

things. just. evolve.

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 12:06:14 AM

Not really, monero and other altcoins dond have cold storage option feature.

Yes it may be anonymous and have great support and all that but without cold storage, not anytime soon!

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 12:12:46 AM

What?

You can create a paper wallet offline and then send to it. How is that not cold storage?
kazuki49

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 01:30:05 AM

What?

You can create a paper wallet offline and then send to it. How is that not cold storage?

Maybe its only cold if everybody can see the coins sitting there in the address Cheesy
g3rszpi

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 09:21:07 AM

Monero, maybe litecoin, maybe dogecoin, or perhaps a new currency 'will be' created and will replace 'all. Monero is an interesting alt btw
That's the whole point of crypto community. Speculation, speculation and speculation.
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 09:39:33 AM

Monero, maybe litecoin, maybe dogecoin, or perhaps a new currency 'will be' created and will replace 'all. Monero is an interesting alt btw
That's the whole point of crypto community. Speculation, speculation and speculation.

Any commodity price is almost all about speculation.
A friend of mine, who is making his doctoral degree/dissertion in the university of Haifa something about oil (I am not quite sure yet what is his field in this issue - and I guess he do not have full assurance himself as well since the process and reading & studying of the matter is in the beginning stage), told me once, even as much as  90 % of oil price is speculation.

I like the fact that Poloniex has started offering marginal trading. It enables more speculation to the markets and thus increases the stability of the markets. If you feel like dumping, then there are people who want to buy your coins and if you feel like buying, then there are people with marginal positions who want to fulfill your desire without causing massive panic buying to the market where some emotional people may get hurt and end up bitter and desperate bagholders.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: