Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 05:22:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The legends of bitcointalk should make our own altcoin together, thoughts?  (Read 9185 times)
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 01:02:08 PM

if members of the forum legitimately wanted alternatives to succeed, they'd back the leading alternative, instead of attacking it and spreading FUD to promote some shitcoin.

hell the market spoke long ago and continues to do so, just not much of the bitcointalk crowd ever bothers listening, too busy trying to get on the back of the next 'innovative' to sell snake oil get rich quick scheme.

What is the leading alternative? Litecoin?

yes (i didn't say as i don't want this thread to turn into another plug ur alt coin thread)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheMage

Activity: 812

Litecoin Association Director

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 04:28:32 AM

I think one of the things holding back so many long-termers getting together is the fact that all the ones really capable are already working on different Coins and do not want to abandon their own projects or create new projects in which would further dilute the investment base.

^^^ This and also probably that there are enough coins already. Let's start making some of the good ones great, and quit making new coins.

agree with microguy on this, there's a ton of older established coins with honest hard working devs and good but small communities around them, if we concentrate our efforts on these instead of just pumping out new coins, the community as a whole would be better off.

seriously the crypto community has its share of problems, but lack of coins certainly ain't one of them, so lets concentrate our efforts on problems we have.

I agree with this. It would be good for the Cryptoworld to work together and get more new people in.
Don't fight but help eachother will give the Cryptoworld more positive attention.

I've been on the losing end of that fence for over a year now. It's fairly stressful trying to rally people in multiple communities to come together for the greater good.

It's one of the biggest struggles in crypto over the year/s, couldn't be more on point with this & many don't see beyond there own groups / friends / circles / clubs / etc (most throwing stones if not devoted to them alone). If communities actually started to work more together & not against each other, we would stop seeing all these fights over money / power / greed of what could be the one thing to change the world for the better? Only time will tell what will come of all this, how long we stand still in time is up to the world around us & no one can predict the future of what will be.

I'm still fairly convinced that greed is part of the problem here and many involved with cryptos are doing it purely for the love of money. I mean sure getting something extra out of a hobby is nice, but I think a lot of people see $$$ in their eyes and are not doing this for the love of cryptos.

I think one of the things holding back so many long-termers getting together is the fact that all the ones really capable are already working on different Coins and do not want to abandon their own projects or create new projects in which would further dilute the investment base.

^^^ This and also probably that there are enough coins already. Let's start making some of the good ones great, and quit making new coins.

agree with microguy on this, there's a ton of older established coins with honest hard working devs and good but small communities around them, if we concentrate our efforts on these instead of just pumping out new coins, the community as a whole would be better off.

seriously the crypto community has its share of problems, but lack of coins certainly ain't one of them, so lets concentrate our efforts on problems we have.

I agree with this. It would be good for the Cryptoworld to work together and get more new people in.
Don't fight but help eachother will give the Cryptoworld more positive attention.

I've been on the losing end of that fence for over a year now. It's fairly stressful trying to rally people in multiple communities to come together for the greater good.

however your problem is you've mainly been inviting (admittedly sometimes unwittingly) the communities biggest scamers to the table., sorry to break that to you but tis the truth of it.

n tba very few clean devs around these parts.

If you are talking about Mr Garza, he was the one who asked me to a debate after standing up for what I thought was right. After telling him im more than happy to "debate" him, he ran with his tail between his legs.

Also really? Out of all the stuff I do you pick that one? lol

Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/TheRealMage for Litecoin and Litecoin Association news!
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 09:38:50 AM

If you are talking about Mr Garza, he was the one who asked me to a debate after standing up for what I thought was right. After telling him im more than happy to "debate" him, he ran with his tail between his legs.

Also really? Out of all the stuff I do you pick that one? lol

not at all, i dont have any direct knowledge of Mr Garza's actions, only hearsay, and around here i take that with a grain of salt, and i can assure you there are way worse going ons around these parts.

kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 09:58:02 AM

problem is around here, everyone's carried away with all this innovation nonsense, i guess that comes with the nerdy territory. however there is very very little understanding of even the most basic economic models.

you ask the average tool what gives fiat its value, they prattle on about gov and guns etc...without the slightest understanding.

then you get the tin hat crowd with their fractional reserve leading fiat creation debt money dribble  Shocked

ask how bitcoin gets it price and u'll get a commodity tends to be priced towards the cost of production equal absolute bs dribble.

i can absolutely say without reservation that any community that even slightly believes in any of the above has less the ZERO chance of creating a usable currency.

so disconnected from reality despite your self-gratifying erroneous believe that you have some amazing insight (because u watch a few youtube videos) above the average joe's.

then the rest of the crowds is here simply for the fiat; well atleast that makes sense.

but whats missing is the real opportunity to create something of value, like i say often, the only thing good to ever come out of crypto todate is the; idea.

the best innovation, won't be all the bs bells and whistle everyones trying to sell here, but something that makes it all simple.
CryptoNick
Legendary

Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 11:35:32 AM

problem is around here, everyone's carried away with all this innovation nonsense, i guess that comes with the nerdy territory. however there is very very little understanding of even the most basic economic models.

you ask the average tool what gives fiat its value, they prattle on about gov and guns etc...without the slightest understanding.

then you get the tin hat crowd with their fractional reserve leading fiat creation debt money dribble  Shocked

ask how bitcoin gets it price and u'll get a commodity tends to be priced towards the cost of production equal absolute bs dribble.

i can absolutely say without reservation that any community that even slightly believes in any of the above has less the ZERO chance of creating a usable currency.

so disconnected from reality despite your self-gratifying erroneous believe that you have some amazing insight (because u watch a few youtube videos) above the average joe's.

then the rest of the crowds is here simply for the fiat; well atleast that makes sense.

but whats missing is the real opportunity to create something of value, like i say often, the only thing good to ever come out of crypto todate is the; idea.

the best innovation, won't be all the bs bells and whistle everyones trying to sell here, but something that makes it all simple.

Very Well Put, I think I am at this stage of crypto crisis also! But lets still have fun and maybe we will accidentally make the most stable coin ever made! Here is my idea for the coin...

First of all, I would like to see a coin that touts special Functionality develop everything first (all BS bells and whistles) and then roll out the blockchain. You would think this is how it should work right?

Secondly I would want to see a group try to develop a coin with my new WYPIIWYGO algorithm. What You Put In Is What You Get Out Algo. Then no one could ever lose any money and the economy would only surge forward as it depletes FIAT! New meaning to burn technology is we burn all FIAT going into the coin! Smiley Then you are really gonna have to use the dam coin right!!

The price will always be .00000001 satoshi per coin though and still be worth a dollar. That's right so it will never go down in price ever! If you buy it for cheaper than a dollar someone gave you a discount then. Since to get back in it would cost you 1 dollar in any Fiat Currency and then we BURN it coming back in! Or instead of Burning the currency we could just give it back to the Government and say thanks but no thanks! Smiley

Now for people who are serious about value and alternative economy functionality, all you would need to do is issue a coin for every dollar sent in. But that takes a worthless dollar to buy a worthless alt coin, although that does make it even at the entry point, lol Smiley Burning the Dollar worth of FIAT secures the economy from being depleted by profiteers! And No Pump and Dump cuz you ain't taking profit out of this coin ever! You can profit internally though by bartering.

Aww but how would we know people really sent their money in to get the coins, do we look for a pile of ashes? Oh well back to the drawing board.
g3rszpi

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 11:40:15 AM

Very Well Put, I think I am at this stage of crypto crisis also! But lets still have fun and maybe we will accidentally make the most stable coin ever made! Here is my idea for the coin...

First of all, I would like to see a coin that touts special Functionality develop everything first (all BS bells and whistles) and then roll out the blockchain. You would think this is how it should work right?

Secondly I would want to see a group try to develop a coin with my new WYPIIWYGO algorithm. What You Put In Is What You Get Out Algo. Then no one could ever lose any money and the economy would only surge forward as it depletes FIAT! New meaning to burn technology is we burn all FIAT going into the coin! Smiley Then you are really gonna have to use the dam coin right!!

The price will always be .00000001 satoshi per coin though and still be worth a dollar. That's right so it will never go down in price ever! If you buy it for cheaper than a dollar someone gave you a discount then. Since to get back in it would cost you 1 dollar in any Fiat Currency and then we BURN it coming back in! Or instead of Burning the currency we could just give it back to the Government and say thanks but no thanks! Smiley

Now if people who are serious about value and alternative economy functionality, all you would need to do is issue a coin for every dollar sent in. But that takes a worthless dollar to buy a worthless alt coin, although that does make it even at the entry point, lol Smiley Burning the Dollar worth of FIAT secures the economy from being depleted by profiteers! And No Pump and Dump cuz you ain't taking profit out of this coin ever! You can profit internally though by bartering.

Aww but how would we know people really sent their money in to get the coins, do we look for a pile of ashes? Oh well back to the drawing board.
90% of the cryptos wasn't created by devs to create some "value" for cryptoland. They dont go for innovation on world changing stuff. They just want to get their slice of cake and thats all.
PS. maybe even much more than 90%
CryptoNick
Legendary

Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 11:53:16 AM

Now if people who are serious about value and alternative economy functionality, all you would need to do is issue a coin for every dollar sent in. But that takes a worthless dollar to buy a worthless alt coin, although that does make it even at the entry point, lol Smiley Burning the Dollar worth of FIAT secures the economy from being depleted by profiteers! And No Pump and Dump cuz you ain't taking profit out of this coin ever! You can profit internally though by bartering.

90% of the cryptos wasn't created by devs to create some "value" for cryptoland. They dont go for innovation on world changing stuff. They just want to get their slice of cake and thats all.

I hear you on that one, it is a very well known fact that markets can also be manipulated by major coin holders of any crypto.

But my new WYPIIWYGO Algo will leave all other devs/coins in the dust and create a Utopian Economy! With really fast and cheap transactions, the WYPIIWYGO coin will replace all currency!
g3rszpi

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 12:32:40 PM

I hear you on that one, it is a very well known fact that markets can also be manipulated by major coin holders of any crypto.

But my new WYPIIWYGO Algo will leave all other devs/coins in the dust and create a Utopian Economy! With really fast and cheap transactions, the WYPIIWYGO coin will replace all currency!
I've just missed this thread for a few days what is that WYPIIWYGO? lol
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 02:19:14 AM

personally i am against creating a new coin (as previously stated).

however i'm not against the idea of legends and hero group reviving a dead coin,. well thats more a win win., even help a few people that have been burnt rather then buring more pumping out new coins.

a cool coin to revive (ok tis not exactly dead), but is a good harmless fun coin that would suit the characters that often make up the legendary/hero pool of people around here; doubloons pirate currency Wink

Why ? So a new crop of bag holders can be had ?

You craptsy schmucks are pathetic.

I dont know what the hell cryptsy did to piss you off so much. But I do find it odd you think some our biggest protestors are our fans

Looking through your feedback history you label 3 people who are generally anti cryptsy as cryptsy shills  Roll Eyes

Whatever it is likely isnt worth trying to correct as you seem pretty set in your ways. If I had to guess your either spoetnik or BBmodBB

And for the record. Kelsey has been a user of cryptsy for a long time. But generally thinks every decision we make is wrong lol

No Mullick i am not hippietech  Roll Eyes
And you will recall me and kelsey had agreed with every thing 101% on cryptsy chat over the years.
and once again i thought i wrote what kelsey said a couple posts back (i had to look who posted the comment)
funny no one has ever accused me of being kelsey..

so once again i agree with kesley.. as quoted above.
and since i like Piracy / File Sharing stuff hey why not doubloons ?

i bumped this old one because i missed it way back Sad
the best way to get this going is we premine a ton of them and Legends get a cut then hero's get a cut..
and the public then has to buy them at Cryptsy.

but i am not sure these Legends will go for it.. i think BCX for example likes to manipulate Monero
and each of these guys have their own coin.. like kelsey and Litecoin

oh and i deserve a "Legend" cut of the premine because it was my idea  Cool
and you all know i am a legend anyway i just don't have the title here yet... *yet !

FUD first & ask questions later™
2bacco

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

The Smoker Friendly Coin 2BACCO

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2016, 11:40:03 PM

Not a legend but....

smokers ought to support 2bacco coin.
2bacco coin is made for smokers,
The Smoker Friendly Coin

2BACCO Coin |  Main Thread At Bitcointalk.org |  Crowdfunding | Upgrading to POS | Add 2bacco To Mining Pools | Mine 2bacco |
2BACCO.COM | 2BACCO CROWDFUNDING | Twitter for @2bacco_2bacco | Facebook 2bacco coin page                                                                I Look Forwards To Buying My Cigarettes With 2bacco coin
The Sceptical Chymist
Legendary

Activity: 3332
Merit: 6834

Cashback 15%

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 03:46:14 PM

My thought:  The world does not need another f-ing altcoin. 

.HUGE.
▄██████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████▌██▌▐██▐██▐████▄███
████▐██▐████▌██▌██▌██▌██
█████▀███▀███▀▐██▐██▐█████

▀█████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████▀

▀██████████▀▀
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CASINSPORTSBOOK
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 08:27:26 AM
Last edit: April 15, 2016, 09:00:49 AM by BitcoinNational

1.  TALK is the bitcointalk coin and has been around for 16 months.  Any legends wanting to talk the time to download it can have a fistfull (from me).  Heros can have some too.  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=864994.0

2.  Cannabiscoins are in talks towards getting together and support one project.   https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=874423.0

3.  If CON wants to focus on the extremely famous and/or notorious persons of BCT, I support that idea.  It looks like there is a growing team of talent actively working on CON.  

well TALK turned 2 years old a few hours ago
still a shitcoin POS with some check point warning (no dev)
but STILL HERE!

And yes still focused on being the coin of for and by The legends of bitcointalk; among other goals.

Looking back on the above quote from July, TALK has faired better than CON (but they have a nicer client) and TALK has preformed better than the CANNabis coins, if you grant we worked up from rock bottom and the CANNabis collection is still trying to hold the midrange on marketcap and trade.

re: The distro

We have a very nice block explorer now ... looks like many of the original airdrop handouts (something like 12k to 1200 members) are mostly dormant ... so possible good as burned.

I will still give a starter kit to legends from my stash Wink
I was able to buy 20k on the market plan on distro those via tips to anyone doing honest TALK on the bitcointalk threads.

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████