Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 02:38:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The legends of bitcointalk should make our own altcoin together, thoughts?  (Read 9185 times)
ridery99

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 01:53:24 PM

Bob already made bitswift

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bram_vnl
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 01:56:50 PM

btctalkcoin
bitcointalkcoin
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2015, 04:45:32 PM

personally i am against creating a new coin (as previously stated).

however i'm not against the idea of legends and hero group reviving a dead coin,. well thats more a win win., even help a few people that have been burnt rather then buring more pumping out new coins.

a cool coin to revive (ok tis not exactly dead), but is a good harmless fun coin that would suit the characters that often make up the legendary/hero pool of people around here; doubloons pirate currency Wink

Why ? So a new crop of bag holders can be had ?

You craptsy schmucks are pathetic.

I dont know what the hell cryptsy did to piss you off so much. But I do find it odd you think some our biggest protestors are our fans

Looking through your feedback history you label 3 people who are generally anti cryptsy as cryptsy shills  Roll Eyes

Whatever it is likely isnt worth trying to correct as you seem pretty set in your ways. If I had to guess your either spoetnik or BBmodBB

And for the record. Kelsey has been a user of cryptsy for a long time. But generally thinks every decision we make is wrong lol

Angry ? Where did you see the bolded all caps ? Tongue

If the personal attacks and abusive behaviour I had to endure from the admin Horus (while he was begging for coins as the crypto hobo jdtmp4) didn't piss me off, one more shitcoin sure as hell won't. Wink

Correct what ?

Are you implying that I should have taken that 200% 42coin deposit bonus/mistake/bait and stfu ?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=246679.msg4651738#msg4651738

Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 06:40:54 PM

personally i am against creating a new coin (as previously stated).

however i'm not against the idea of legends and hero group reviving a dead coin,. well thats more a win win., even help a few people that have been burnt rather then buring more pumping out new coins.

a cool coin to revive (ok tis not exactly dead), but is a good harmless fun coin that would suit the characters that often make up the legendary/hero pool of people around here; doubloons pirate currency Wink

Why ? So a new crop of bag holders can be had ?

You craptsy schmucks are pathetic.

I dont know what the hell cryptsy did to piss you off so much. But I do find it odd you think some our biggest protestors are our fans

Looking through your feedback history you label 3 people who are generally anti cryptsy as cryptsy shills  Roll Eyes

Whatever it is likely isnt worth trying to correct as you seem pretty set in your ways. If I had to guess your either spoetnik or BBmodBB

And for the record. Kelsey has been a user of cryptsy for a long time. But generally thinks every decision we make is wrong lol

well i've been openly critical of cryptsy on many an occasion, but don't take that personally  Wink guess i'm more vocal when i am not in favor of something then when i am.

hippie tech is not spoetnik, spoetnik is a friend of mine and would not infer that i'm a cryptsy shill.

I have seen Cryptsy do a fair bit of stuff that has cost many users funds for their own personal gain. I think it's going to bite them in the ass for not doing their due diligence on the PayCoin $20 floor, accepting the prime controller key and keeping it listed for fees and stake generated despite all the massive red flags.
bit1
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 12:10:03 AM

I would like to know the opinion of Spoetnik. He is a legend too.
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 07:38:52 AM

btctalkcoin
bitcointalkcoin

both in need of devs, and looking for devs

[ANN] EXHUMED [EXM]  

lol ... TALK and BCT are well past dead, lazarithian level, and what is dead can not die  Cheesy

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
g3rszpi

Activity: 728

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 12:07:13 PM

A better approach IMO is "My Fair Lady Coin" - a consortium of 'Henry Higgins' heroes/legends finds an existing 'Eliza Doolittle' with potential and turns that coin into a top 10 powerhouse. I can almost see this as a reality TV show. It would be fun and engaging for newbies, with lots of positive promotional/marketing feedback loops.

"Doolittle coin" , the ugly duckling necro'd into a black swan with more bullshit marketing potential than Doge - it's so wrong you know it's right!!

edit: how much marketing power from the audition process from existing shit coins would there be ... HUGE! The Apprentice meets Shark-tank

cool idea bro, just need a coin that's been in a coma long enough for all the usual P & D merchants to have pissed off

[ANN] EXHUMED [EXM] 

it could work for sure  Grin

i vote for TALK

definitely time to exhume DarkBlackCockCoin

+1 lol
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 03:26:22 PM

we could always revive litecoin isn't it 'officially' dead  Wink
Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 09:56:50 PM

I would like to know the opinion of Spoetnik. He is a legend too.

Yeah, where is Spoetnik? I miss his rants Sad
TheMage

Activity: 812

Litecoin Association Director

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 03:58:54 AM

I think one of the things holding back so many long-termers getting together is the fact that all the ones really capable are already working on different Coins and do not want to abandon their own projects or create new projects in which would further dilute the investment base.

^^^ This and also probably that there are enough coins already. Let's start making some of the good ones great, and quit making new coins.

agree with microguy on this, there's a ton of older established coins with honest hard working devs and good but small communities around them, if we concentrate our efforts on these instead of just pumping out new coins, the community as a whole would be better off.

seriously the crypto community has its share of problems, but lack of coins certainly ain't one of them, so lets concentrate our efforts on problems we have.

I agree with this. It would be good for the Cryptoworld to work together and get more new people in.
Don't fight but help eachother will give the Cryptoworld more positive attention.

I've been on the losing end of that fence for over a year now. It's fairly stressful trying to rally people in multiple communities to come together for the greater good.

Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/TheRealMage for Litecoin and Litecoin Association news!
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 09:31:03 AM

I think one of the things holding back so many long-termers getting together is the fact that all the ones really capable are already working on different Coins and do not want to abandon their own projects or create new projects in which would further dilute the investment base.

^^^ This and also probably that there are enough coins already. Let's start making some of the good ones great, and quit making new coins.

agree with microguy on this, there's a ton of older established coins with honest hard working devs and good but small communities around them, if we concentrate our efforts on these instead of just pumping out new coins, the community as a whole would be better off.

seriously the crypto community has its share of problems, but lack of coins certainly ain't one of them, so lets concentrate our efforts on problems we have.

I agree with this. It would be good for the Cryptoworld to work together and get more new people in.
Don't fight but help eachother will give the Cryptoworld more positive attention.

I've been on the losing end of that fence for over a year now. It's fairly stressful trying to rally people in multiple communities to come together for the greater good.

Not if all communities were united by using their coins to form one decent coin with a huge community.  

We need to gather all dead dying communities/devs together. Form a new antimatter like coin. When we have a huge community that is united the second part of the task is to stick together and crush all new scam coins with nothing new to offer. No point having 4000 fragmented shit communities with a few people trapped in each because they dumped their crypto stake into a coin and are now stuck hoping and dreaming they'll get some return in the future. If you total up all the energies spent by everyone who occasionally adds a little support to their dying dead community and that energy organised into tasks small or large that were for the good of one community .....then you could see something worthwhile

unite

Testing Crypto

Activity: 614
Merit: 506

Applications

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 10:06:41 AM

It's one of the biggest struggles in crypto over the year/s, couldn't be more on point with this & many don't see beyond there own groups / friends / circles / clubs / etc (most throwing stones if not devoted to them alone). If communities actually started to work more together & not against each other, we would stop seeing all these fights over money / power / greed of what could be the one thing to change the world for the better? Only time will tell what will come of all this, how long we stand still in time is up to the world around us & no one can predict the future of what will be.

ZwNpPhVYrSrPMS71GLc7TEnbqA9VSZopGn // Gift5YapqsZqSTW8T4S3sCU4sngCkvh4ba // 3Gwc4KzVtuJ9ADnuqzF7XRhSaaE7HkBWpr // 1PAGEHrN62tgUHncGWbbhKe9jhZGXsxFC4
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi {SAT OS hi}
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 12:47:00 PM

however your problem is you've mainly been inviting (admittedly sometimes unwittingly) the communities biggest scamers to the table., sorry to break that to you but tis the truth of it.

n tba very few clean devs around these parts.
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 12:50:58 PM

another issue is the focus on ROI rather then the real reasons for alternative currencies.
g3rszpi

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 02:45:50 PM

another issue is the focus on ROI rather then the real reasons for alternative currencies.
You just have to get familiar with the purpose of the alts. 90% of the devs are creating cryptos to get some monies. That's why i cant imagine why "legends" should create a coin together.
rnicoll

Activity: 199
Merit: 110

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 02:56:18 PM

Not if all communities were united by using their coins to form one decent coin with a huge community.  

We need to gather all dead dying communities/devs together. Form a new antimatter like coin. When we have a huge community that is united the second part of the task is to stick together and crush all new scam coins with nothing new to offer. No point having 4000 fragmented shit communities with a few people trapped in each because they dumped their crypto stake into a coin and are now stuck hoping and dreaming they'll get some return in the future. If you total up all the energies spent by everyone who occasionally adds a little support to their dying dead community and that energy organised into tasks small or large that were for the good of one community .....then you could see something worthwhile

unite

One huge community backing a single well thought out, well established coin with respected developers? If only there was something like that already we could all work on improving rather than reinventing the wheel for the n-thousandth time.

I'm happy to accept people may disagree with Bitcoin, Litecoin, Dashcoin or Dogecoin on some fundamental principle, but all of them, plus every other existing credible coin?

Dogecoin Core developer, ex-researcher, trader.

Unless stated otherwise, opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect that of other Dogecoin developers.
g3rszpi

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 03:04:41 PM

unite

One huge community backing a single well thought out, well established coin with respected developers? If only there was something like that already we could all work on improving rather than reinventing the wheel for the n-thousandth time.

I'm happy to accept people may disagree with Bitcoin, Litecoin, Dashcoin or Dogecoin on some fundamental principle, but all of them, plus every other existing credible coin?

there was already way tooo much "community driven" coins
Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 07:24:29 PM

It's one of the biggest struggles in crypto over the year/s, couldn't be more on point with this & many don't see beyond there own groups / friends / circles / clubs / etc (most throwing stones if not devoted to them alone). If communities actually started to work more together & not against each other, we would stop seeing all these fights over money / power / greed of what could be the one thing to change the world for the better? Only time will tell what will come of all this, how long we stand still in time is up to the world around us & no one can predict the future of what will be.

I think you will always have a large amount of this where groups are segregated into their own little communities. The thing is that if you combined everyone into one ultimate Coin then you still lose depending on who has the most of this new Coin, so there would still be some at the top which profit, people who trade and profit from it and people towards the bottom that lose out. For me the best route would be to collaborate on things that can benefit many different Coins simultaneously and focus on the weak points in Blockchain technology as a whole which is Blockchain size, sync times and mobile usage.
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 06:38:02 AM

if members of the forum legitimately wanted alternatives to succeed, they'd back the leading alternative, instead of attacking it and spreading FUD to promote some shitcoin.

hell the market spoke long ago and continues to do so, just not much of the bitcointalk crowd ever bothers listening, too busy trying to get on the back of the next 'innovative' to sell snake oil get rich quick scheme.
Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 10:03:31 AM

if members of the forum legitimately wanted alternatives to succeed, they'd back the leading alternative, instead of attacking it and spreading FUD to promote some shitcoin.

hell the market spoke long ago and continues to do so, just not much of the bitcointalk crowd ever bothers listening, too busy trying to get on the back of the next 'innovative' to sell snake oil get rich quick scheme.

What is the leading alternative? Litecoin?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: