Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 03:07:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Already delays in BFL shipment plans?  (Read 49494 times)
thebaron

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 19, 2012, 03:16:57 PM

October, November, December, January, February...
greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
November 19, 2012, 03:33:22 PM

October, November, December, January, February...

...and March comes afterwards...

We should do a BFL song.

Like this maybe:

Mama, just bought a rig, sent my bitcoins, half a ton,
pressed a button, now they're gone, mama
Wealth had just begun, but now I've gone and thrown it all away
Mama, ooo, didn't mean to make you cry
If I'm not rich again this time tomorrow
Carry on, carry on, as if nothing really matters

[...]

I see a little silhouetto of a rig
BFL, BFL - will you do the fandango
Electricity costs rising very very frightening me
BFL_Josh, BFL_Josh, BFL_Josh, BFL_Josh,
BFL_Josh imbroglio magnifico

[...]
bobitza

Activity: 560
Merit: 256

View Profile
November 19, 2012, 03:51:10 PM

We should do a BFL song.

Like this maybe:

Mama, just bought a rig, sent my bitcoins, half a ton,
pressed a button, now they're gone, mama
Wealth had just begun, but now I've gone and thrown it all away
Mama, ooo, didn't mean to make you cry
If I'm not rich again this time tomorrow
Carry on, carry on, as if nothing really matters

lmao, good one

ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
SLok

Activity: 568
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 19, 2012, 04:56:08 PM

Hahaha, perhaps replace "electricity costs" with "difficulty", that's my only worry

WARNING! Don't trade BTC with Bruno Kucinskas aka Gleb Gamow, Phinnaeus Gage, etc Laundering BTC from anonymous sellers, avoid!https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=649176.msg7279994#msg7279994 #TELLFBI #TELLKSAG #TELLIRS WARNING! Darin M. Bicknell, a proclaimed atheist, teaching at the Jakarta CanadianMontessori School. Drop your kids there at your own risk! WARNING! Christian Otzipka - Hildesheim is a known group-buy scammer, avoid! WARNING! Frizz Supertramp, faker with dozens of accounts here! WARNING! Christian "2 coins to see SLOk's" Antkow, still playing his little microphone...WARNING! Slobodan "Stolen Valor" Bogovac, faking being a ProfessorWARNING!Marion Sydney Lynn, google him, errr her, errr.. and lol
dextryn

Activity: 198
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 19, 2012, 05:28:00 PM

"Plan B" has just manifested:

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/showthread.php/251-More-Jalapeno-Pictures-amp-Shipping-Update?p=5382&viewfull=1#post5382

It seems that there may be a Surplus of units for bASIC Batch 1 orders. Meaning about 300 non-customers may be able to take those "Plan B" spots.

You know the saying....strike while the Iron is Hot.

It's funny because in that thread, BFL_Josh only bashes bASIC.  He says Tom has no idea what he's doing and the best quote is "The silence from Tom is the thing I would be most worried about if I cared when my bASIC unit shipped."  How about those people that cared when BFL ships their products? Even if Tom ended up behind a month, he would still be closer to his original ship date than BFL.  How about you look at your crappy promises before you flame war others.

Hypocritical post is hypocritical.
jjshabadoo

Activity: 535
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 19, 2012, 06:15:48 PM

Nothing like a good diversion to take the heat off.

Starlightbreaker
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006

View Profile
November 19, 2012, 06:23:07 PM

"Plan B" has just manifested:

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/showthread.php/251-More-Jalapeno-Pictures-amp-Shipping-Update?p=5382&viewfull=1#post5382

It seems that there may be a Surplus of units for bASIC Batch 1 orders. Meaning about 300 non-customers may be able to take those "Plan B" spots.

You know the saying....strike while the Iron is Hot.

It's funny because in that thread, BFL_Josh only bashes bASIC.  He says Tom has no idea what he's doing and the best quote is "The silence from Tom is the thing I would be most worried about if I cared when my bASIC unit shipped."  How about those people that cared when BFL ships their products? Even if Tom ended up behind a month, he would still be closer to his original ship date than BFL.  How about you look at your crappy promises before you flame war others.

let's start from something smaller.
at least for Tom, he got his "facility" photos.

now BFL....not even a shot of their facility.
kano and yochdog still haven't inspected their facility.
not a single working prototype is out, especially after almost 2 months from planned shipment date.

i'm calling march for their shipping.

creativex

View Profile
November 19, 2012, 07:16:11 PM

It's funny because in that thread, BFL_Josh only bashes bASIC.  He says Tom has no idea what he's doing and the best quote is "The silence from Tom is the thing I would be most worried about if I cared when my bASIC unit shipped."  How about those people that cared when BFL ships their products? Even if Tom ended up behind a month, he would still be closer to his original ship date than BFL.  How about you look at your crappy promises before you flame war others.

The same fella said: "efficiency is the only thing", then awhile later in the same thread agreed that early receipt of an ASIC is vitally important for lowering ROI. Roll Eyes

squeept

Activity: 154

View Profile
November 19, 2012, 07:44:17 PM

let's start from something smaller.
at least for Tom, he got his "facility" photos.

now BFL....not even a shot of their facility.
kano and yochdog still haven't inspected their facility.
not a single working prototype is out, especially after almost 2 months from planned shipment date.

i'm calling march for their shipping.

bASIC: photos of an office space and moving boxes, and a claim that a prototype exists but no actual proof

BFL: renders of device, renders of PCB, photos of actual populated PCB, photos of actual cases, photos of assembly equipment verified to be theirs, photos of $100K worth of power supplies for mini-rigs, but verified to not have a working prototype as of about 6 weeks ago

No proof that either have chips in hand yet. No proof that either have working prototypes. Based on the provided evidence, I say BFL wins the race. Based on promises alone, bASIC wins.

I'm just going to keep repeating "it's an Altera HardCopy" because I haven't the slightest clue what I'm talking about.
creativex

View Profile
November 19, 2012, 07:56:33 PM

bASIC: photos of an office space and moving boxes, and a claim that a prototype exists but no actual proof

BFL: renders of device, renders of PCB, photos of actual populated PCB, photos of actual cases, photos of assembly equipment verified to be theirs, photos of $100K worth of power supplies for mini-rigs, but verified to not have a working prototype as of about 6 weeks ago

No proof that either have chips in hand yet. No proof that either have working prototypes. Based on the provided evidence, I say BFL wins the race. Based on promises alone, bASIC wins.

...and based on historical accuracy of shipping date projections, it's not even close.

bitmar

Activity: 182

View Profile
November 19, 2012, 08:19:03 PM

Based on the provided evidence, I say BFL wins the race. Based on promises alone, bASIC wins.

what evidence are you talking about? PCB photos?  LOL Grin Each amateur electronic engineer can do such a PCB. BFL wins... but in cheating customers about date of shipment  Wink Let them show a working prototype then they will win.
AndrewBUD

Activity: 1078
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2012, 08:32:33 PM

Pictures of a PCB doesn't equal a working product.. Both vendors could have issues while working on a "prototype"

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
[/tabl
Starlightbreaker
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006

View Profile
November 19, 2012, 08:34:53 PM

let's start.

BFL: renders of device, renders of PCB, photos of actual populated PCB
can you run renders of device? no? ok.
yet still no working prototype.

photos of actual cases, photos of assembly equipment verified to be theirs,

remember the "facility inspection"?
yeah, no.

photos of $100K worth of power supplies for mini-rigs, but verified to not have a working prototype as of about 6 weeks ago
ok, actual populated PCBs, shitton of power supplies....and no working prototypes.

y'know, everything are in place, seemed ready to go, but feels like something's going wrong with them.

lol.

you just said that bfl has populated pcb. they have at least have a few chips in hand to test them out.

remember, they SHOULD HAVE shipped in october, but apparently they couldn't get shit done.

creativex

View Profile
November 19, 2012, 08:40:23 PM

Yeah the photos of the populated boards(including the damaged chips) with BFL reps stating they didn't have the ASIC chips yet was humorous.

squeept

View Profile
November 19, 2012, 08:41:09 PM

Good sweet lord, you people have problems with reading comprehension.

I'm just going to keep repeating "it's an Altera HardCopy" because I haven't the slightest clue what I'm talking about.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 19, 2012, 08:58:27 PM

It's really pretty simple to figure this out IMO.

- BFL wanted to fly people to their plant in late october/early november to see their prototypes.
- Their prototype batch of chips didn't work, but they still wanted to show off pics, so they did.
- They ordered up a new batch of chips, this time enough to do a full production run, with fixes in place to correct the issues from the first prototype.
- They delayed the fly-people-to-their-plant thing until they get the new batch of fixed chips in.
- As they are on a second revision of the chip, in all likelihood, it won't have problems.  They will time it so that the two peeps flying in will be able to see a working product running on 2nd-revision chips.  They will also begin assembly that week, assembling enough units to ship out the first batch (maybe a hundred units or something?).

To me, all the evidence points to them fully expecting working prototypes to be in-hand at the end of October, but then something unexpected came up.  I believe that unexpected thing was a bad run of chips, and I believe that's why the only thing they are waiting on for assembly is the new batch of chips.
squeept

View Profile
November 19, 2012, 09:01:40 PM

Based on the provided evidence, I say BFL wins the race. Based on promises alone, bASIC wins.
what evidence are you talking about? PCB photos?  LOL Grin Each amateur electronic engineer can do such a PCB. BFL wins... but in cheating customers about date of shipment  Wink Let them show a working prototype then they will win.
Way to cut out the evidence I was talking about, then ask what evidence I was talking about. Where are any pictures of anything from bASIC? Neither company has shown a working prototype.

Pictures of a PCB doesn't equal a working product.. Both vendors could have issues while working on a "prototype"
Do I really even have to address this? I didn't imply ANYTHING to the contrary.

Yeah the photos of the populated boards(including the damaged chips) with BFL reps stating they didn't have the ASIC chips yet was humorous.
This was implied, but not directly noted in my post.

let's start.

BFL: renders of device, renders of PCB, photos of actual populated PCB
can you run renders of device? no? ok.
yet still no working prototype.

photos of actual cases, photos of assembly equipment verified to be theirs,

remember the "facility inspection"?
yeah, no.

photos of $100K worth of power supplies for mini-rigs, but verified to not have a working prototype as of about 6 weeks ago
ok, actual populated PCBs, shitton of power supplies....and no working prototypes.

y'know, everything are in place, seemed ready to go, but feels like something's going wrong with them.

lol.

you just said that bfl has populated pcb. they have at least have a few chips in hand to test them out.

remember, they SHOULD HAVE shipped in october, but apparently they couldn't get shit done.
Let's try again: where did I say BFL has a working device? I specifically stated that neither company has proven that they have a working prototype. How is everyone missing this? I don't know what's up with the facility inspection, but they have provided photos of the building and equipment. I think they said something about not letting anyone in until the facility is up and running, which is pretty pointless (remember to ignore I said that when replying). The populated PCB has dummy chips. BFL has publicly acknowledged this several times.

So, I'll repeat: based on EVIDENCE, BFL is winning. Creativex brings the only valid point to the table out of any of this drivel, in that BFL has a history of delays. That should be factored in with the other evidence. Is there something I missed in the evidence list for bASIC that somehow catapults them to the front?

Let me phrase this a different way that I'm sure will be avoided: HAS BASIC PROVIDED ANY PHYSICAL EVIDENCE? RENDERS? PICTURES OF ASIC DEVICES OR CIRCUIT BOARDS? PRODUCTION EQUIPMENT OR INVENTORY? HAVE THEY PROVIDED ANYTHING AT ALL BESIDES WORDS?

I wouldn't be surprised AT ALL if bASIC delivers first, but even if they do, the statement that BFL has shown more evidence is STILL CORRECT.

squeept

View Profile
November 19, 2012, 09:05:31 PM

And in response to whatever ridiculous failure of comprehension follows my posts: read my fucking post again. You're missing something, and probably on purpose. I'm not wasting any more time expanding my explanations to fend off illiteracy.

EDIT FOR REPETITION AND WASTING TIME:
I wouldn't be surprised AT ALL if bASIC delivers first, but even if they do, the statement that BFL has shown more evidence is STILL CORRECT.

Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 19, 2012, 09:09:40 PM

What is Plan B?

-----------------------------------------------

This goes for all the other companies not just BFL. (Avalon / bASIC)

At what point is it time to call it quits?

A) Is it when one vendor ships and the one you ordered from is still in a holding pattern?

B) Is it when there are more than 2 delays?

C) Is it when the block halving has taken place?

D) Is it when the mass refunds start for any one vendor? (any of the three companies)

Once one of the vendors begins shipping on-demand without a queue, that will be when most ppl holding a pre-order with any other vendor will cancel and will order from the shipping vendor.

IMO.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
creativex

View Profile
November 19, 2012, 09:32:17 PM

If I'd followed through and ordered from BFL<shudder> and I watched bASIC batch 1 orders completely filled, that'd do it for me.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: