Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:36:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Already delays in BFL shipment plans?  (Read 49494 times)
creativex

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 27, 2012, 12:57:36 AM

Haha thanks for proving me right CreativeX.  You know you just lied and now your response is: "Nuh uh!  I'm not going to do your work for you.  Herp Derp!"  

Yep, a liar through and through!  Good work and thanks for making my job easy, Sparky!  

PS - I looked at the forum you linked, it looks like a bunch of BS to me... and according to you, I know BS, so what's that say?  Yeah, hows that transparency working out for you?  Got your bASIC yet?  How much power will it use?  When is it shipping?  What is the board design? Do you know anything about it other than "Yeah, we are in the design process! I'll let you know soon."   Oh... sorry, did I just hit a sore subject?

No problem bubba, I suspect your job comes easily to you. BTW, since you know what you said, why don't you post it? Thought so. Hey remember that time when Tom challenged you point blank to a bet? Roll Eyes

Now, when you say it looks like a bunch of BS...what does that mean? Is English your second language? You type a lot of words but say very little. To answer your questions:

Transparency working really well TY. I ordered another unit last week, because I believe in BTCFPGA management. BTW for those at home that's 144Gh for $2168 with shipping!!! What does $2168 buy from ButterFinger Labs? Doh! 100Gh...shipping NOT INCLUDED. Ouch.

Nope, no bASIC yet. Stunningly they haven't quite gotten to order #1343 yet, despite saying they'd ship in late Nov early Dec, the rascals.

80-120 watts I believe, why do you want to order with them again? I have Tom's number right here...

Shipping? Hopefully 1st week of December, but we shall see. Hey isn't that BFL's last re'scheduled shipping date? Gnarly, I thought you guys were going to be way ahead.

miter_myles

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 27, 2012, 01:21:48 AM

lol - love watching BFL_Douche_Inaba keep his retard ways going strong!

BTC - 1D7g5395bs7idApTx1KTXrfDW7JUgzx6Z5
LTC - LVFukQnCWUimBxZuXKqTVKy1L2Jb8kZasL
creativex

View Profile
November 27, 2012, 01:28:20 AM

He used to annoy me, back when I thought he was a for realz company rep, but now he cracks me up. Tongue The fail volume is off the charts with nearly everything he posts. I should be thanking him, if it weren't for his antics I'd probably be near the back of BFL's waiting list instead of Tom's. Whew, bullet dodged. TY JOSH!

BFL_Josh quote:
If there is work to be done on T-Day, we will be doing it. No turkey shall stand in the way of ASIC progress, this I promise you.

Guess it didn't happen. Wink

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/pre-sales-questions/258-bfl-%7C-asic-first-shipment-countdown-clock.html

I think the countdown clock broke right after that.

Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
November 27, 2012, 02:18:54 AM

Even if their fab's backed up, it should still be able to tell them with a reasonable degree of accuracy when their bullet run will happen and when the chips will be shipped to BFL.  How the hell does BFL know that the fab house has even started work on their run yet if they can't get accurate dates from them?  I seriously would be threatening to come over to Asia and watch the production run at this point because I'd no longer have any confidence that they were actually expediting my order.

Of course BFL has a date from the Fab. The fact that they won't admit it just means that it's so far in the future that a bunch of people would cancel their orders. It's all about stringing people along so that they don't cancel their orders.

Buy & Hold
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 27, 2012, 02:25:33 AM

Even if their fab's backed up, it should still be able to tell them with a reasonable degree of accuracy when their bullet run will happen and when the chips will be shipped to BFL.  How the hell does BFL know that the fab house has even started work on their run yet if they can't get accurate dates from them?  I seriously would be threatening to come over to Asia and watch the production run at this point because I'd no longer have any confidence that they were actually expediting my order.

Of course BFL has a date from the Fab. The fact that they won't admit it just means that it's so far in the future that a bunch of people would cancel their orders. It's all about stringing people along so that they don't cancel their orders.

You mean kinda like this comment about Tom's decision to not release any of the same information you're demanding from BFL? And bumping the shipment date beyond what was expected, with no confirmed date for anything (receipt of chips, assembly, or shipment to customers), just like BFL?

[Referin to the bASICs recent announcement of postponing the shipment dates]
The obviously knew the shipping date was bad before the announcement and they waited until the
very last moment to say so. How they will or will not be flamed depends on further info that needs
to come out in 48 hours. Otherwise...  pfft. No different then BFL.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
creativex

View Profile
November 27, 2012, 02:40:10 AM

Hello Customers and Friends,

As it is already obvious to everyone, shipping will not begin today as originally planned. Tomorrow I have a meeting with the engineering and layout team and I will give a definitive date of when shipping will begin. I am ready to cancel as many orders and offer refunds to whoever needs them - just send an email with the request to dave@bitcoinasic.net and he will forward them on to me. All refunds requested today will be processed today. Although I caution you, we WILL be shipping these units, its just a matter of time and likely will be very soon. Our competition has already given several delays so I just please ask that you give me one day to meet with my team and figure out a realistic new shipping date and if you are not happy with that or if you are ready for a refund now please request it and it will be processed immediately.

thank you

Tom

This whole message surprised me a bit, because I thought we'd settled on 1st week of Dec as the accepted shipping date anyway. Regardless the man said he'd give a definitive shipping date tomorrow, he reiterated his no questions asked refund policy, and dished out a 33% hashing power increase. He's bought till at least tomorrow from me, especially since I didn't even realize he still saw this week as his shipping date.

Qbert

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 27, 2012, 02:49:57 AM

Hey BFL, how's that visit by Kanoi and yochdog going?
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
November 27, 2012, 03:04:54 AM

Hey BFL, how's that visit by Kanoi and yochdog going?
You're trolling the wrong thread.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2012, 03:31:37 AM

This whole message surprised me a bit, because I thought we'd settled on 1st week of Dec as the accepted shipping date anyway. Regardless the man said he'd give a definitive shipping date tomorrow, he reiterated his no questions asked refund policy, and dished out a 33% hashing power increase. He's bought till at least tomorrow from me, especially since I didn't even realize he still saw this week as his shipping date.

Comedy gold right here.  Yes folks, watch CreativeX as he back pedals all flustered and distraught because he can't even maintain is own line of BS for more than 2 posts at a time.  This shit writes itself!

Glad you found the quote by the way, thanks for proving that you lied... again (and again, and again, and again, and again, etc...)

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
creativex

View Profile
November 27, 2012, 03:46:21 AM

Yeah, I'm very flustered and distraught, so much so I ordered more from them right after they indicated there was a problem. Not even a clue what you're prattling on about now, did you even read the post, or do you have some canned nonsensical gibberish on hotkeys? Do you take prescription medications?

YW. I knew you couldn't be relied upon to post it, despite saying you knew what I was talking about. How you got "lied" out of that I do not know, but whatever.

PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 27, 2012, 04:09:25 AM

He used to annoy me, back when I thought he was a for realz company rep, but now he cracks me up. Tongue The fail volume is off the charts with nearly everything he posts. I should be thanking him, if it weren't for his antics I'd probably be near the back of BFL's waiting list instead of Tom's. Whew, bullet dodged. TY JOSH!

BFL_Josh quote:
If there is work to be done on T-Day, we will be doing it. No turkey shall stand in the way of ASIC progress, this I promise you.

The main update is that next week our Customer Service staff will be off Thursday and Friday to celebrate Thanksgiving, so get your questions and orders in early in the week.

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/blogs/bfl_jody/47-im-still-here.html

Guess it didn't happen. Wink

There was nothing to do on T-Day, so they took their holiday vacation and played some minecraft.
Mushroomized
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

Hello!

View Profile
November 27, 2012, 04:12:01 AM

So is there any places I can bet on when the shipping will be  Roll Eyes

hi
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 27, 2012, 04:16:16 AM

@ Those last two posts above me.

The sad thing is that the rep laughs at his former customer choice for going to "Plan B". Then begins to create the impression that "Plan B" Vendor is a total scum of the earth. Portraying his competition as a continual liar of sorts. (sorta)

Not realizing that his customers was "forced" to use "Plan B" because in "Plan A" [the Vendor] was horribly unable to keep their deadline and has indeed given inaccurate dates again and again, never quite fulfilling their orders on a scheduled time.

Question: What does the "Plan A" rep have to gloat about in this circumstance??

The irony is in there somewhere. Can you see it?
creativex

View Profile
November 27, 2012, 04:17:12 AM

http://betsofbitco.in/item?id=785

MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 27, 2012, 04:27:01 AM

I think we can safely say that no ASIC manufacturer will have devices out by then.
This one is the more interesting one, end of 2012.
betsofbitco.in/item?id=446
If you're really pessimistic, you could bet on them not shipping before April.
http://betsofbitco.in/item?id=701
DoomDumas
Legendary

Activity: 1002

Bitcoin

View Profile
November 27, 2012, 04:51:10 AM

Well heck, by that criteria BFL is fine, too... since we've always maintained that we would would target October but it would be as late as December (hence the January 1st refund policy, which has been there since day one.)

Thanks for the confirmation that BFL is on target timeframe wise as well, I appreciate it!  

Anyone can point me what this Jan 1st refund policy is about ?  Please, just fact, like a link.. dont wish to read 12 crappy post to get to the fact.. please.

Interesting bet up there Smiley   I'll put some BTC on them for sure Smiley 

Like BetsOfBitco.in
much better than useless speech-attack disrespect and other crap fulling this thread !!!
Starlightbreaker
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006

View Profile
November 27, 2012, 04:59:25 AM

I think we can safely say that no ASIC manufacturer will have devices out by then.
This one is the more interesting one, end of 2012.
betsofbitco.in/item?id=446
If you're really pessimistic, you could bet on them not shipping before April.
http://betsofbitco.in/item?id=701

i'm being optimistic, so let's call march 2013.

'think i dodged the bullet, only pre-ordered cheap jally from BFL.

repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
November 27, 2012, 06:12:29 AM

Fun as it might be flinging shit around, either at BFL or their competitors, it's not solving the problem.  If BFL doesn't have a good enough business relationship with the fab house to get reliable information about what the fuck is going on and when the fuck the chips are going to be shipped, then they need to find someone who does and get that person to act as their intermediary.  There are other Bitcoin businesses operating from Asia who may have suggestions about reliable agents.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
November 27, 2012, 06:28:06 AM

Josh just posted an update on the BFL forums.  It's gonna be another couple of weeks if all goes well.

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/437-asic-update-26-november-2012-a.html#post6239

I'm kind of horrified that Josh only just found out about the reason for the delay.  A flaw in the chip is something BFL should have been informed of as soon as the problem was detected.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 27, 2012, 06:46:22 AM

Josh just posted an update on the BFL forums.  It's gonna be another couple of weeks if all goes well.

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/437-asic-update-26-november-2012-a.html#post6239

I'm kind of horrified that Josh only just found out about the reason for the delay.  A flaw in the chip is something BFL should have been informed of as soon as the problem was detected.
Called it.

Thanks for finally giving us the reason behind the delay Josh.

100,000 chips is 7.5*100,000 = 750TH/s.  Unless there's a significant price increase (let's all hope), then that takes just about all incentive out of buying ASICs once those chips are eaten up.  Payback would be around a year at that point... fairly risky in the world of Bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: