Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 12:30:30 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 [146] 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why You Should Never Sell Your Bitcoins Ever  (Read 270084 times)
CodyAlfaridzi

Activity: 1708
Merit: 541

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 01:58:40 PM

Reading the responses to the recent topic titled, "I would sell all my bitcoins if…." has left me concerned.

The kinds of responses on that thread reveal a deep misunderstanding of bitcoin and the current monetary system in many of those who are speculating. Let's consider the scenario in which bitcoin reaches $1000 or let's say $10,000 per bitcoin. Many have said they will cash out if bitcoin reaches this point. Why??

If bitcoin reaches $10,000 it will have to be because the fiat currencies of the world are tumbling to worthlessness via a hyperinflation type scenario and bitcoin is the safe haven, which if you know anything about the current monetary systems of the world, you know this is inevitable. (there have been 3800 fiat currencies throughout history and EVERY SINGLE LAST ONE has crashed to worthlessness; a value of zero) Why would you then sell all of your sound money (Bitcoin) for a bunch of fiat money that is inevitably becoming worthless? I don't understand the logic in doing that.

If bitcoin ever reaches $10,000 per bitcoin, you will NEVER see me selling for fiat paper money. You may however see me having a shopping spree at Overstock.com or TigerDirect.com or NewEgg.com! I will be buying things I want with my bitcoin profits DIRECTLY WITH BITCOIN, not selling my bitcoin for paper fiat. Hopefully by then there will be many more options, perhaps even Amazon.com will be accepting bitcoin for goods and I can have my shopping spree there.

Point being, selling bitcoin for dollars seems counterproductive. Why convert your paper fiat currency into sound value storing superior bitcoin, only to sell all of your superior bitcoin back for worthless antiquated fiat currency again? Why not just spend the bitcoin itself to buy what you want instead of taking a loss by converting back into dollars which will inflate away eventually anyway?

Good point. I've been thinking the same as well and been practicing the same principle for a few months. I would never sell my entire Bitcoin stash for fiat again.

The title only becomes more relevant as time goes by. Now we're at $6000 and still look very promising for >$10,000, would you people sell your Bitcoin now? Considering Bitcoin's recent development, I doubt people would sell their whole stash for fiat now. You also mention the possibility of Amazon accepting Bitcoin, again this rumor is a lot closer to become reality today. There have been numerous rumor these past few months about Amazon Bitcoin acceptance.

hirozaki faraday

Activity: 266
Merit: 279

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 03:46:27 PM

Why would Amazon accept BTC when DGB is x11 times faster? Use the head guys...
BelieveInBitcoin

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 10:41:29 AM

Why would Amazon accept BTC when DGB is x11 times faster? Use the head guys...

Because no-one's ever heard of DGB. Even those who don't own Bitcoin want some, it's the obvious leader. Altcoins may follow eventually.
BILGPS

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 11:04:19 AM

The one reason is I have not much bitcoin to sell and the second reason due to which I didn’t want to sell is the future price will be high at that time I will sell my bitcoin. People want to make a reserve of this bitcoin and then when they need urgent money they will sell their certain amount of bitcoin.

doomloop

Activity: 2324
Merit: 582

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 05:43:43 PM

The one reason is I have not much bitcoin to sell and the second reason due to which I didn’t want to sell is the future price will be high at that time I will sell my bitcoin. People want to make a reserve of this bitcoin and then when they need urgent money they will sell their certain amount of bitcoin.
It is the best decision mate, you should not sell your bitcoin because now more and more people are buying the bitcoin and this is the reason why the value and the price of the bitcoin is increasing more and more so it is the time for the people to buy the bitcoin and to make the fun for the bitcoin investors to have the saving for the future as he money of the bitcoin is increasing more and more for the best future.

bearexin

Activity: 1162
Merit: 168

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 11:05:08 AM

Whenever price is high, I’m used to selling my Bitcoins. If I’m sent any Bitcoin as of now that price is close $6,000, I won’t be storing it cause I know that price will run down at anytime, so I just sell it off. The only time I save Bitcoin is when the price is low, cause I have assurance that price will definitely go high and I will make something from it.
bristlefront

Activity: 225

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 11:17:19 AM

This depends on the person. You can't persuade the person to hold its bitcoin. Maybe some relies on bitcoin when it comes for a living. What important is the the person is not selling out all its bitcoin. As there is a opportunity for the bitcoin's price to grow.

GorillaDental

Activity: 70

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 02:11:23 PM

It's a store of value, the way gold has been. You'd only sell it if you need to buy something otherwise you leave it and hope it becomes more valuable overtime. Land might be another example. When bitcoin gets lightning network it may be used more frequently for smaller purchases, too. Lots of variables but an interesting future ahead.
Qartersa

Activity: 868
Merit: 535

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 02:16:24 PM

It's a store of value, the way gold has been. You'd only sell it if you need to buy something otherwise you leave it and hope it becomes more valuable overtime. Land might be another example. When bitcoin gets lightning network it may be used more frequently for smaller purchases, too. Lots of variables but an interesting future ahead.

While I agree with your statements, I am afraid I cannot just totally put all my money in Bitcoins because I believe in investing my money to different places or variables. It is only then that I become comfortable, knowing fully well that my money is not isolated/directed on one source of income. It should come from different sources so as to ensure that when some of my investments fail, not all money will be put at stake. It is a divided risk, as they say. 
Maddinson100

Activity: 363
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 01:32:23 PM

You should not sell your Bitcoins, but you should also not avoid spending them because we need to spend them to generate value in the community.
We don't sell it because we want more value, the price is rising so why would we sell if it can give us more profit when holding.
Bitcoin is the best investment so we need to take this opportunity while the crypto world is still young, we are making noise in the world and soon there will be a massive adoption.

When the price rise up you will be tempted to sell your coins and the right thing to do is hold it longer because the value is still increasing and we just need to wait until it reach the peak value.You can still work on bounty campaigns while waiting so there is no need to rush.
Holding long or as we say HODL real long time is one thing. But never sell the coin is another. if a person is not going to cash out the coins then bitcoin is as good as soil. What is the point in having that investment. It is called as dead investment. Suppose a person has 100 bitcoins purchased at 100 USD rate, few years earlier. Person is a middleclass living. Now Today estimated valuation of bitcoin is somewhere around 37 Million. If person still living in his middleclass life, like kids not getting upgraded educational opportunities. Then what is the point of having those coins. When we invest we have certain goals from the profit perspective. Never cashing out is nothing but greed.
With bitcoin we have opportunity to sell small amounts as per our requirement. HODLing long is great strategy just dont take it to extreme.
I must say this will be only for bitcoins. If you are talking about all the crypto then you don’t have to wait long because they don’t have that much value and market. But for the bitcoins, you are lucky to have a fantastic market price that is just going up with little dips. Be confident on your bitcoin, and hold more as this will yield you more than your expectations. Good luck!
You didn’t read that headline properly, cause he said why you should never sell your Bitcoin, ever. Lol like seriously, we should never sell our Bitcoin. Tell me, if I don’t sell my Bitcoin, what would I use it for, wall designing or for lighting up a gas cooker? Why did you get into this at first, if not to invest money and make profits? Dayumn
Capradina

Activity: 756
Merit: 520

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 01:52:13 PM

Whenever price is high, I’m used to selling my Bitcoins. If I’m sent any Bitcoin as of now that price is close $6,000, I won’t be storing it cause I know that price will run down at anytime, so I just sell it off. The only time I save Bitcoin is when the price is low, cause I have assurance that price will definitely go high and I will make something from it.

Precisely, we would be much better to think of something that certainly never too high in thinking about things that aren't necessarily true. Bitcoin is indeed profitable, but never too high in a dream to get a lot of advantages for if it is not achieved then it will give you a very bad feeling for the life to come. Better thinking or doing something, the appropriate place and don't overdo it.
Mr. Legendaris

Activity: 468
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 04:23:38 PM

My biggest reason to never sell bitcoin for sure the price will continue to rise and never go down, if there is a decrease of course it is just a momentary condition so I will get bigger profit if hold hold bitcoin.

█ █ █ █ █
         ██           ██
       ██     █ █ █ █   ██
     ██    ██        ██
   ██   ██               
  ██   ██     ████████                  ██████████
            ███          ██   █████████     ██      ██████  ██   ███████  ██    ███   ███████
 ██   ██    ███              ██      ███    ██      ██          ███       ██   ███  ██
 ██   ██    ███  ██████  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ███   ██
            ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██████     ███████
 ██   ██    ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ██           ██
             ██      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██   ███         ██
 ██   ██      ███████    ██   █████████     ██      ██      ██   ███████  ██    ███  ███████
  ██   ██                           ███
   ██    ██          ██            ███
     ██    ██ █ █ █ █   ██
       ██             ██
          █ █ █ █ █ █

Telegram     Facebook     Twitter     Medium
-
WEBSITEE |█| WHITEPAPER

Open4lies

Activity: 552

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 10:30:37 PM

Precisely, we would be much better to think of something that certainly never too high in thinking about things that aren't necessarily true. Bitcoin is indeed profitable, but never too high in a dream to get a lot of advantages for if it is not achieved then it will give you a very bad feeling for the life to come. Better thinking or doing something, the appropriate place and don't overdo it.
You can dream but you should not to put your dream in Bitcoin and want your dream become the truth. Nothing will happen easily like your thought. Therefore, instead of become a dreamer, I will use my time to work and make money from Bitcoin, it can helps me earn a lot of Bitcoin before its value increases more.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▄▄
░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄░░░░░███████████▄▄
░▄▄██████████████▄▄███████████████▄
░▀▀██████████████▀▀░░░▀▀████████████
██▄▄▀▀██████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████
██████▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███
████████░░░░░▄▄███████▄▄░░░░░███▄▄░░▀
████████░░░███████████████░░░███████▄
░░▀▀████░░░░░▀▀███████▀▀░░░░░████████
██▄▄░░▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░████████
██████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄▀▀███
██████████▄▄░░░░▄▄██████████████▄▄
██████████████▄▄▀▀██████████████▀▀
░░▀▀████████████░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
░░░░░░▀▀████████░░░░░░░░▀▀
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██
OATH

████▀
███▀  ▀
██▀  ▀
█▀  ▀
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
█▄  ▄
██▄  ▄
███▄  ▄
████▄

▀████
▀  ▀███
▀  ▀██
▀  ▀█
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
▄  ▄█
▄  ▄██
▄  ▄███
▄████

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
Maragan13

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 10:50:40 PM

because you do not really need to ask if you have time to use it and to get rid of and to earn money
slavla3

Activity: 50

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 05:48:03 PM

You need to by no means ever market your bitcoins due to the fact of the long term it has.The bitcoin is at a lower cost at the moment but that will change.Also the halving is coming so that is fairly great.
bozo333

Activity: 742
Merit: 255

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 06:06:47 PM

You need to by no means ever market your bitcoins due to the fact of the long term it has.The bitcoin is at a lower cost at the moment but that will change.Also the halving is coming so that is fairly great.

Bitcoin is the future currency. It will improve the future and it will use all country. So will never sell the bitcoin. I will hold the bitcoin for the prices increases. it will use the bitcoin for the future tranction process. If you hold you know the bitcoin process you will get more information for the from bitcoin.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
leyton11

Activity: 560

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 09:40:09 PM

Bitcoin is the future currency. It will improve the future and it will use all country. So will never sell the bitcoin. I will hold the bitcoin for the prices increases. it will use the bitcoin for the future tranction process. If you hold you know the bitcoin process you will get more information for the from bitcoin.
If you never sell Bitcoin, how do you get profits from Bitcoin Roll Eyes? I don't think you want to invest in Bitcoin without benefit and just by your favorite. You need to have a target and you will sell your Bitcoin as long as your target reached, don't let any reason make you consider.
ButterfIyKisses

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 06:06:27 PM

You will see a time that you must market your Bitcoin. If you simply wait around then you definitely cant get profit and earn money.But there will be a time that you want market it on your own. Time  and also the value depends on when you will sell it or purchase it.
Flodemaga

Activity: 286

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 11:27:27 PM

I dont see any reason to sell my coins, even i had made those recently, as a trader i do take some risks doing those with bitcoin wich looks like wanna to grow. A lot speculation is around bitcoin now, all people wanna to get the free fork coins, arent scared as in the begining, and well bitcoin is up and down along the day, few minutes i watched the market it changed 50-200 dollars, and well its an opportunity to make money.
zeragame

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 01:33:39 AM

Because one day it will be your future!
Pages: « 1 ... 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 [146] 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 »
  Print  

Jump to: