Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:35:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Wardrick account hacked---trust abuse resolution in sight (finally)  (Read 25259 times)
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 07:51:20 PM

Ya it would be nice to get his NT removed from my account

You actually have a case there. He left NT on a few people's profiles. It needs to be determined if it was the real Wardrick. If it wasn't & was a scammer/hacker/imposter than any NT he left since his (whoever it is) return is essentially invalid.

Like my neutral feedback, it's essentially invalid and it is based only upon the Quickseller's thread (link). It's a question of principle so if a feedback is not needed, it's not needed.... simple.
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
redsn0w
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 07:53:42 PM

Quickseller, please listen to me  Grin. You should remove the word 'professional' from your personal text.

I think Wardrick's forum account was hacked in someway and he is not the real proprietary of the account.

Or there is possiblity too real wardrick sold his account before leaving forum.

If this thing will be confirmed in someway then I think he will be removed from the depth 2 of the DefaultTrust list as soon as possible.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 08:08:04 PM

Quickseller, please listen to me  Grin. You should remove the word 'professional' from your personal text.

I think Wardrick's forum account was hacked in someway and he is not the real proprietary of the account.

If this thing will be confirmed in someway then I think he will be removed from the depth 2 of the DefaultTrust list as soon as possible.
Selling your account is not reason to be removed from DT. There have been other known sold accounts that have been allowed to remain on DT
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 08:15:14 PM

Selling your account is not reason to be removed from DT.

How does that make any sense?

If I sold my account I would absolutely expect it to be removed from DefaultTrust.

The new owner should need to build their reputation rather than being allowed to buy someone else's.

I can see that it makes sense not to remove old negative trust when it appears that an account has been sold, because otherwise faking an account sale is an easy way for people to clear their negatives. But allowing positive feedback to stand after an account sale makes no sense as far as I can see.

There have been other known sold accounts that have been allowed to remain on DT

Again with the "those other guys did it so it must be OK for me to do it" argument? That is faulty logic at best.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
redsn0w
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 08:15:48 PM

Selling your account is not reason to be removed from DT. There have been other known sold accounts that have been allowed to remain on DT

So isn't in the DF added _ trusted the 'human/person' behind the account, if a dishonest will buy DT forum account and he is spotted ... then it is normal that he should not be taken seriously/honestly.

I trust the person behind the account, not the account itself.

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3056

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2015, 08:16:10 PM

Examples, or it didn't happen.

Good luck.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 08:17:02 PM

Selling your account is not reason to be removed from DT.

How does that make any sense?

If I sold my account I would absolutely expect it to be removed from DefaultTrust.

The new owner should need to build their reputation rather than being allowed to buy someone else's.

I can see that it makes sense not to remove old negative trust when it appears that an account has been sold, because otherwise faking an account sale is an easy way for people to clear their negatives. But allowing positive feedback to stand after an account sale makes no sense as far as I can see.

There have been other known sold accounts that have been allowed to remain on DT

Again with the "those other guys did it so it must be OK for me to do it" argument? That is faulty logic at best.
It is not against any rules to sell your account. If the person sponsoring the sold account still trusts the ratings of that account then there would be no reason to remove them.
tmfp
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737

"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 08:22:56 PM

<snip> If the person sponsoring the sold account still trusts the ratings of that account then there would be no reason to remove them.

You do this a lot: type in English but make no sense.

Extraordinary Claims require Extraordinary Evidence
tspacepilot (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1076

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 08:34:19 PM

Examples, or it didn't happen.

This is an alt account QS created in order to sell a DT account (he revealed it's identity because he couldn't resist doing a little sockpuppetry/trolling of me while using it).  If you look at the post history of this account (assuming QS doesn't immediately delete posts), it suggests that the DT account was sold.  I can't speak to what account it was or whether it remained on the DT list.  I'm guessing QS isn't going to tell but who knows, maybe someone else will.

This post is pretty entertaining because you can see QS doing his now signature move of discussing something with himself using multiple accounts.
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2015, 08:38:04 PM

This is an alt account QS created in order to sell a DT account

FunFunnyFan?  If this is true, then QS is talking to himself again.  What a tangled web we weave, when we post to deceive.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1077025.msg11603776#msg11603776

Edit:   Exact same post TSP linked to.  Sorry TSP.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
redsn0w
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 08:39:46 PM

FunFunnyFan?  If this is true, then QS is talking to himself again.  What a tangled web we weave, when we post to deceive.

Really? Only a crazy person talks to himself.... or am I wrong?
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 08:47:18 PM

<snip> If the person sponsoring the sold account still trusts the ratings of that account then there would be no reason to remove them.

You do this a lot: type in English but make no sense.

He's saying that if the person who bought the account trusts the people the previous owner trusted, there's no reason to remove those ratings that are left by original owner.
I got that, but since the account in question was on DT afaik, that only goes half way, because the new owner has the ability to leave ratings that are considered trusted, w/o "earning" that ability.

So it's a no-go on this one. DT account's - by forum rules or not, should definitely not be traded and remain on DT. (imho none should, but DT is where the line must be drawn)

cheers
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 08:49:27 PM

FunFunnyFan?  If this is true, then QS is talking to himself again.  What a tangled web we weave, when we post to deceive.

You shouldn't believe everything that others tell you on the internet
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2015, 08:50:43 PM

I don't.  Your not denying it tells me it's true.  Smiley

jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 08:52:07 PM

yeah they could be a 17 year old girl who doesn't know the first thing about professional escrow.   Cheesy

ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 08:59:26 PM

yeah they could be a 17 year old girl who doesn't know the first thing about professional escrow.   Cheesy

You could add everyone who's not hiding their IRL identity to that list, which is virtually everyone on this forum.
itsamemario

Activity: 114
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 09:47:28 PM

This guy is an account farmer, don't trust him.
tmfp
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737

"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 09:56:50 PM

This guy is an account farmer, don't trust him.

Which guy would that be?

Seeing as everyone is being accused of something around here, you have to be clear with your finger pointing or everything just gets confusing and goes to shit: we may end up lynching the wrong person, that would never do.

Extraordinary Claims require Extraordinary Evidence
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 10:06:12 PM

Everyone's account should begin with negative trust of several million and be forced to slowly dig their way out of it.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2015, 10:55:08 PM

Everyone's account should begin with negative trust of several million and be forced to slowly dig their way out of it.

21 million risked BTC, to be precise, then as they build trust based on the amount of BTC they were trusted with and didn't screw anyone out of it, that is subtracted as a negative number from the -21 million (ex. (-21000000)-(-5)=-20999995). Any risked and lost BTC negative rated as such will be added back as a negative number (ex. (-20999995)+(-5)=-21000000) . Unfortunately, there's no evidence required of BTC transfers, and no way to prove all the private keys involved in the transfers weren't exclusively controlled by the same person using different usernames.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: