Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 09:53:41 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Dash a better alternative to Bitcoin?  (Read 23615 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2015, 12:25:45 AM

opps spoke too soon 162 now

So this is the SDC market watch thread now?
I don't know is this the talk shit to Dadon thread yet?
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 12:30:47 AM

If you could also paste the photoshops of the shadow market your mission would be complete.
dadon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2015, 12:36:58 AM

If you could also paste the photoshops of the shadow market your mission would be complete.
Hahaha good one bro i know we scare your Dash investment but no need for low blows, any ways im out if anyone wants to read about a real anonymous currency they can just read this article https://www.deepdotweb.com/2015/01/28/shadowcash-zero-knowledge-anonymity/ or this one from VICE!!! http://motherboard.vice.com/read/the-race-for-the-first-decentralised-silk-road-is-on
bye illodin nice chatting  Kiss
kekek

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 03:32:01 AM

No

jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1115

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 03:35:46 AM

No

Betteridge's law of headlines agrees with you:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betteridge%27s_law_of_headlines
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2015, 12:22:12 PM

Kids, listen to your Legendary elders.  Just say No to Dash.

Kids, now it's time to sit back and watch your elders bicker. Tongue

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

smith coins

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 12:24:10 PM

DASH is the fourth in market cap so i dont think is the bst alternative.
Doge coin is good and litecoin too
g3rszpi

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 12:36:25 PM

NXT is going under major developements, so after depolyment i think NXT will be a much more stronger crypto.

Anyways i dont see why we need an alternative for BTC.
dadon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2015, 01:06:32 PM

NXT is going under major developements, so after depolyment i think NXT will be a much more stronger crypto.

Anyways i dont see why we need an alternative for BTC.
we need alternatives because that is what drives innovation.
vlad12

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 02:46:24 PM
Last edit: July 23, 2015, 02:57:33 PM by vlad12

Dash won't be a better alternative to bitcoin. It was a coin launched with $$ in mind from day 1. I just don't trust it.

I hate to say this because of all the annoying as shit xmr posts, but fundamentally, monero is a superior anon currency... as shitty and as clunky as it is to use currently. Fundamentals win in the long term.

(Maybe not monero, but some other coin which anonymity is guaranteed by math and not by external supervisors.)

dadon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2015, 03:58:35 PM

Dash won't be a better alternative to bitcoin. It was a coin launched with $$ in mind from day 1. I just don't trust it.

I hate to say this because of all the annoying as shit xmr posts, but fundamentally, monero is a superior anon currency... as shitty and as clunky as it is to use currently. Fundamentals win in the long term.

(Maybe not monero, but some other coin which anonymity is guaranteed by math and not by external supervisors.)
Have you seen SDC?
qwizzie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 04:56:36 PM

For those people who seem to think Dash is nothing more then Bitcoin with a few code changes :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egDcPjd0JyI

In fact so much newly written code has been added in the past (X11 Chained Algo Rithm, Dark Gravity Wave, Masternodes Proof of Service setup, Darksend, InstantX), and as of today
is still being added (Decentralised Budgetting System for example) a mechanisme had to be developed to minimize the risk to Dash's mainnet blockchain.
That mechanisme is called spork technology which is used today more then ever.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
dadon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2015, 05:03:44 PM

It will always have master nodes so it will always be obsolete but lucky we have SDC, i used to hold DRK BTW bought below $1
qwizzie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 05:15:08 PM

It will always have master nodes so it will always be obsolete but lucky we have SDC, i used to hold DRK BTW bought below $1

No offence but good luck getting out of the shadow of soo many coins before you (39 cryptocurrencies according coinmarket ?)

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
qwizzie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 05:29:12 PM

I think dash is not a better alternative but just that an alternative and it should be treated as such. It is a coin with decent features and for the altcoin world long term stability. I would suggest it being one of the coins to use for diversifying but not for a complete switch. Bitcoin is still king.

Thanks for your rational and well-thought reply, its much better to read then some of these rather short ''No'' posts i came across or posts of people just linking to other people's
opinion like they have no opinion of their own.

So thank you for having an opinion of your own and not affraid to express it, also my thanks to other posters who took the time to think about this and formulated
a rational and motivated reply.

i guess time will tell where this will all lead to (Bitcoin <> Altcoins)

dadon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2015, 03:08:49 AM

No offence but good luck getting out of the shadow of soo many coins before you (39 cryptocurrencies according coinmarket ?)
Yeah we in the shadows now but the crypto world can only ignore us for so long, have you looked into the project because i spend hours everyday looking at projects and i have seen nothing that compares to the speed of development and innovation, the team has a clear vision and money is not a motive for them.
I am here to support projects that are a cut above the rest and make money, i will not ignore a good project if i see one, and i have seen some good projects, just none that impress me as much as SDC.
dadon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2015, 04:42:44 AM

Yeah we in the shadows now but the crypto world can only ignore us for so long, have you looked into the project because i spend hours everyday looking at projects and i have seen nothing that compares to the speed of development and innovation, the team has a clear vision and money is not a motive for them.
I am here to support projects that are a cut above the rest and make money, i will not ignore a good project if i see one, and i have seen some good projects, just none that impress me as much as SDC.
SDC does have innovations but personally I don't see it being a breakout coin anywhere but the darkweb. I do think it will thrive there and continue to live past many other coins. I am sorry if you take that negative but it is a good thing, there needs to be coins for everyone.
We are not Even aiming for the darkweb, the reason we are building a decentralized market, untraceable transaction, and encrypted video vioce and text into the wallet  to make it the complete privacy platform is so the darknet is not needed anymore, this platform will be available from PC or mobile and the features i mentioned are just a fraction of what is planned.
why would anyone even go to the darkweb if they had this platform at there fingertips> only to visit CP sites in my opinion, the darkwebs use is 90% for the markets but they are centralized and useless, we are about to change that, our market has been in development for over a year now, by very very talented developers, this is not hype just fact.
ScottSidders

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2015, 04:49:22 AM

There's nothing wrong at all with having alternatives to Bitcoin. We sometimes forget that Bitcoin is still just an experiment and a lot can still go wrong. As mentioned earlier, competition is healthy for crypto. Bitcoin certainly has the first mover advantage in the crypto space and Bitcoin has certainly done A LOT of the leg work in terms of promotion and getting the general public's attention. However, Satoshi made the code open source for a reason, he wanted competition because he knew Bitcoin is likely not going to be perfect. The question then comes down to people's perception of coins because many alt coins have the good fundamentals, but none have the scale of users like Bitcoin. That is why Bitcoin is king, the users. As demonstrated on this thread, many people's perceptions are heavily biased by their investments, so rational conversation can be hard to have at times. Regardless, I think it's about to get real interesting as crypto becomes widely known and accepted. Give it 3 years and our monetary future will be radically different. Cheers.
dadon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2015, 05:17:02 AM

There's nothing wrong at all with having alternatives to Bitcoin. We sometimes forget that Bitcoin is still just an experiment and a lot can still go wrong. As mentioned earlier, competition is healthy for crypto. Bitcoin certainly has the first mover advantage in the crypto space and Bitcoin has certainly done A LOT of the leg work in terms of promotion and getting the general public's attention. However, Satoshi made the code open source for a reason, he wanted competition because he knew Bitcoin is likely not going to be perfect. The question then comes down to people's perception of coins because many alt coins have the good fundamentals, but none have the scale of users like Bitcoin. That is why Bitcoin is king, the users. As demonstrated on this thread, many people's perceptions are heavily biased by their investments, so rational conversation can be hard to have at times. Regardless, I think it's about to get real interesting as crypto becomes widely known and accepted. Give it 3 years and our monetary future will be radically different. Cheers.
+ 1 competition drives innovation we need more devs with the ethics of Satoshi sure he made a lot of money but that was not the point of his project, his motive was to bring freedom to the people.
without BTC none of this would of happened, we are standing on the shoulders of giants, lets make him proud.
Sir Alpha_goy

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 03:20:19 PM
Last edit: December 12, 2015, 04:31:36 PM by Sir Alpha_goy

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: