Bitcoin Forum
June 04, 2024, 07:21:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Dash a better alternative to Bitcoin?  (Read 23615 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
tuapoma

Activity: 437
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 09:49:33 PM

in my opinion DASH is the best altcoin. Bitcoin is very slow to process transactions, and do not provide privacy like the dash system. DASH (aka Darkcoin) has everything that one cryptocurrency needs to have. The fundamental purpose of the cryptocurrency technology has been to offer privacy and independence from the traditional financial services. In this context, DASH is the best option.

And more, DASH will be fully integrated with SpectroCoin by August, says SpectroCoin CEO and co-founder:
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/spectrocoin-adding-dash-exchange-e-wallet-1565767

SpectroCoin, announced on Monday (13 June) that Dash will be its first non-bitcoin cryptocurrency added to its services. "Dash was chosen to be a first, because we consider it to be one of the top cryptocurrencies by usage for actual payments," said Karalevičius.

This is because of the "Dash community and technological implementations such as Instant[Send] for nearly real-time transactions confirmation", Karalevičius said.

According to head of finance at Dash, Ryan Taylor, the limit on InstantSend, which is the rebranded moniker of Dash's InstantX capability that allows for near-instant transactions, is 2,000 dash, or about $17,000.

Taylor added, "You could enjoy the speed of InstantSend on all but the largest transactions... and the rare few that might exceed that threshold would still be four times faster than Bitcoin."
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2016, 09:58:24 PM

in my opinion DASH is the best altcoin.

DASH is a shitty altcoin just waiting to be hacked, resulting in Masternodes being drained, de-anonymization, or both, or both and more!

DASH takes a cavalier attitude to security.  Duffiled has said (and yes, I will be digging up quotes) he's more concerned with shipping stuff ASAP than getting the code/crypto perfect.

After the DAO/ETH scandal and collapse, that crap will no longer fly.

Here's the issue in a nutshell:

https://twitter.com/danWilcz/status/743736668901908480

"#DAO vulnr validates that there is merit in having a security-first approach of #Bitcoin development"

In stark contrast to Monero, DASH does accept the merit of having a security-first approach.

Back in 2014, when DASH was still called Darkcoin and before it had a bunch of feature bloat added, Kristov Atlas did a security review.

Where is the security review of all the new DGBB stuff, which is EXACTLY LIKE THE STUFF THAT RUINED DAO?

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
tuapoma

Activity: 437

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 10:47:49 PM

SpectroCoin is proud to announce that by the mid-August SpectroCoin will fully support Dash cryptocurrency. That means that we will offer Dash wallet, Dash exchange, Dash debit card and Dash to fiat payment gateway for merchants.
https://blog.spectrocoin.com/2016/06/spectrocoin-to-support-dash-cryptocurrency/#more-258
baomuydtab34261

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 05:32:48 AM

SpectroCoin is proud to announce that by the mid-August SpectroCoin will fully support Dash cryptocurrency. That means that we will offer Dash wallet, Dash exchange, Dash debit card and Dash to fiat payment gateway for merchants.
https://blog.spectrocoin.com/2016/06/spectrocoin-to-support-dash-cryptocurrency/#more-258
Thanks,That's a good news, I have found the progress about the Dash,now, i find it here.
I have keep Dash,i almost lose faith in the coin.
now,i will keep again for your message.
mkc

Activity: 517
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 06:23:24 AM

Is SpectroCoin another alt coin, why it so compatible with Dash? sorry, I am losing track of so many different coins.
qwizzie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 07:45:44 AM
Last edit: June 19, 2016, 08:05:41 AM by qwizzie

Is SpectroCoin another alt coin, why it so compatible with Dash? sorry, I am losing track of so many different coins.

https://www.dashwhale.org/p/dash-debit-card

This proposal is to suggest issuing of DASH debit card by integration of DASH to SpectroCoin.com wallet. The card will be both physical and virtual and will let DASH users to spend their holdings everywhere where MasterCard or Visa is accepted. We are managing the wallet since 2013 and we have been issuing debit cards for bitcoin users for more than a year. On top of this the integration would mean that DASH users will be able to exchange DASH to fiat, buy DASH, pay with DASH at our payment processor, so merchants could receive fiat as well as use Drupal, Magento, opencart, PrestaShop, WHMCS plug-ins.

http://www.coindesk.com/spectrocoin-takes-bitpay-europe-bitcoin-processing-solution/

Its basicly a debit card organisation that has its own wallet, exchange, debit card and can process crypto (Bitcoin and now also Dash) to FIAT and vice versa.
It can be compared to Coinbase in the US as an all-in-one solution but Spectrocoin seems more focussed on European markets.  

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
maxsinner

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 10:24:09 AM

Is this some kind of a joke? The reliance of masternodes means Dash is a centralized piece of crap.
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2016, 10:29:42 AM

Is this some kind of a joke? The reliance of masternodes means Dash is a centralized piece of crap.

Ethrybody knows that

qwizzie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 11:25:35 AM

I guess it is time for some facts again, something trolls try to avoid and just hope it gets overlooked somehow (which it wont of course) :

Dash Miners Distribution :

Dash Masternode Geographical and Hosting Distribution :

Yep, the amount of Dash centralisation here really is just mind buggling isn't it ? Actually it is the misinformation and
poor quality of troll postings that is actually the mind buggling part. But in the end a troll gotta troll, i understand.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
DaveyJones

Activity: 768
Merit: 505

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 11:30:35 AM

You graph still does not show how many persons hold those masternodes and what kind of % they have... decentral does not only mean location.

And the first image shows that the coin is in the hand of Asic Miners... very decentral too
qwizzie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 11:41:23 AM

I'd also like to know if Dash is more vulnerable than other alt-coins for the use of masternode, and the consequence of a hacked masternode (or all masternodes).

Dash is running its masternode network almost three years now without any significant problems and with a steadily growing number of them :

Hacking a masternode accomplish nothing as the actual funds (the 1000 Dash as collateral for running a masternode) are not stored on these masternodes but on cold wallets.
All someone can do with a hacked masternode is vote over budget proposals for a short period of time before the owner changes his masternode pubkey / masternode privkey.

Also the 51% mining issue does not exists in the masternode network

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2016, 11:45:40 AM

Relevant:

Dash's failure at trustless decentralization is the test case that formed my understanding of why trustless decentralization is necessary for any cryptocurrency to succeed at being disruptive. Dash's failure is that it built a centralizing flaw that aggregates coins to those who run nodes and layering power functions (votes, fees, privacy, etc...) onto these nodes.

Dash's nodes have two major weaknesses in design: first, they are pay based, or paynodes, which means that they can be bought and sold. The second flaw in design is that they collect fees, which means node holders collect money that in turn can be used to buy more nodes that in turn can collect more fees, and so on and so forth. Where this especially becomes troubling is that dash's launch produced 2 million coins in 2 days and this initial distribution cannot be verified to be fairly distributed, which means the resources to buy 2000 nodes (more than half of current existing at this writing) were made available to a few lucky guys who happened to be mining at that right moment--considering this is 30% of current distribution and given that they could have bought 2000 or more masternodes since that scheme was introduced, the number of masternodes these initial miners could have may be considerably more than 30%, and considering that this control can aggregate over time, illustrates why these systems need to be trustlessly verified.

I apologize for all the numbers just thrown at you, but lets make it simpler, since the masternode system collects the revenue that determines its degree of centralization, and that centralization can't be verified to any statistical certainty, we should assume that it is increasingly trending towards a traditional oligarchy or monarchy, where one or a few have undue power over the entire system--how it behaves, the distribution and security of its benefits.

qwizzie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 11:52:52 AM

Here is something masternodes currently vote over :

http://dashvotetracker.com/

Together with the decentralised budget Dash has become a DAO (Decentralised Autonomous Organisation)
way before Euthereum ever created The DAO

link : http://bitcoinist.net/dash-original-dao/

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2016, 11:54:09 AM

Together with the decentralised budget Dash has become a DAO (Decentralised Autonomous Organisation)

That's like bragging about creating the first date rape drug.

DaveyJones

Activity: 768
Merit: 505

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 11:55:11 AM

Decentralised Budget voted by Centralised People who hold the instamine
qwizzie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 12:01:50 PM

Thanks guys for showing such an interest in my humble topic / thread, i appreciate it.

Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 12:25:30 PM

14 China 0.68%

Hmm, seems your marketing need to go reach China somehow. Or maybe Chinese are just to smart for it.
qwizzie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 12:42:40 PM

14 China 0.68%

Hmm, seems your marketing need to go reach China somehow. Or maybe Chinese are just to smart for it.

Very observant, you have a keen eye sir. Let me just say that if the Chinese are smart enough to manufacture and deliver
X11 / Dash ASIC miners to our Dash community (https://www.dash.org/forum/topic/hardware-discussions-asic-gpu-cpu.101/)
i'm sure in time we will see a rise in masternodes from China there as well.

qwizzie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 03:29:32 PM

Memory refreshment for trolls forgetting about my first post on page 1 :

* Pls discuss if you think Dash will indeed be a better alternative to Bitcoin
* Pls discuss this with rationality and motify your response
* pls have some respect for both the cryptocurrency and its community. accusations of scam towards Dash will not be tolerated in this self-moderated topic, there are enough of those out there already !

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2016, 03:41:16 PM

14 China 0.68%

Very observant, you have a keen eye sir. Let me just say that if the Chinese are smart enough to manufacture and deliver
X11 / Dash ASIC miners to our Dash community (https://www.dash.org/forum/topic/hardware-discussions-asic-gpu-cpu.101/)
i'm sure in time we will see a rise in masternodes from China there as well.

Selling picks and shovels is smarter than mining fools gold.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: