Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 05:13:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
  Print  
Author Topic: BitGold.com IS COMPLETELY SCAM  (Read 80432 times)
AlaaSaad (OP)

Activity: 33
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 01:48:12 AM

SCAM ALERT !!!!!
BitGold is completely scam.... I had an account with them and my friend sent $850 to my account to redeem it as he has no bank account to redeem the funds, my balance became $850 and every thing was great..... Then i tried to link my bank account to my BitGold account to redeem these funds, After 1 hour they disabled my account !!!!!!!!!!!! I sent them 4 support message to know what is wrong but NO ANSWER !!!!!!!! After 3 days they sent me this funny mail:
"Your account has been suspended in connection with the distribution of fraudulently obtained funds. The funds have been returned to the original cardholder and your account will remain suspended.
Thank you!
Kind regards,

Melanie

VP of Customer Success
BitGold Inc.
Phone: (647) 977 9004 | Fax: (647) 499 4435 | Toll-free 1800 854 7418
melanie@bitgold.com | www.bitgold.com" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course this is the same email which they send to all victims considering that they got their gold using Credit Card but in my case i don't use any Credit Cards, these funds was sent to me as i told you before !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SO BE ATTENTION ...... BitGold is completely SCAM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Panzzer

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 02:07:00 AM

Did the funds returned to your friend? What is the source of the funds?
btccashacc
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 02:11:16 AM

may be you use publick IP ? or u use proxy to sign up ?
some acc get banned for that reason
AlaaSaad (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 02:14:17 AM

NO, no funds returned to anyone !!!!!!
btccashacc
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 02:18:54 AM

What is the source of the funds? from multiple sign up? farming referal?
AlaaSaad (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 02:21:50 AM

may be you use publick IP ? or u use proxy to sign up ?
some acc get banned for that reason

Non of the above
AlaaSaad (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 02:28:54 AM

What is the source of the funds? from multiple sign up? farming referal?

No, these funds was transferred to my friend from another user as a part of online trading !!!!!! the funds remains at my friend balance for about 1 month before he sent it to me !!!
everaja

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

~ScapeGoat~

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 02:38:25 AM

I knew that it was a scam , but still people are farming for its referral , i feel that they will never be able to redeem their gold for Bitcoins ,all the site is doing is collecting user data.
Lots of thread Flooding for referrals in service Section.

AlaaSaad (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 02:44:27 AM

I knew that it was a scam , but still people are farming for its referral , i feel that they will never be able to redeem their gold for Bitcoins ,all the site is doing is collecting user data.
Lots of thread Flooding for referrals in service Section.

You are right
AlaaSaad (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 07:25:21 AM

As a proof for my story, the link below contains a screenshot for the second mail that inform me that i have received some gold from my friend, actually he has sent me this funds (worth $850) into two steps, the first one worth $150 and the second one worth $700 which means that my all  (worth $850 gold) have been sent to me as a Gold Transfer and i did not use any credit cards to purchase the gold !!!!!!!!!!!

Here is the link please:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t31.0-8/s2048x2048/11791911_705314409575131_5961577588310791168_o.jpg
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2301

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 01:49:30 PM

I think it should be pretty obvious that any site that pays as much as they do just for signing up and that pays as much as they do for referrals is a scam. TBH, it is pretty smart what they did, they made the threshold to withdraw high so very few people would ever try to have their "gold" sent to them, plus their "storage" service was free so assuming they are a legit company, it would make sense for their customers to not try to have their gold sent to them.

They are a scam site, and anyone who is trying to get people to sign up as a referral or is advertising their site is promoting a scam.
Xenoph0bia

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 02:18:12 PM

Do not know the legitimacy of site, looks like you have been scammed by the sender of funds, he might have gotten bitgold using stolen credit cards and exchanged for btc with you , better to contact the guy who sold you.
bitbollo
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 3499

Nec Recisa Recedit

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 06:38:39 PM

Actually they have a banner in freedoge.co.in , probably they are now spend some cash to advertise their site...
I click on the banner ads, and I get a link similar to a ref links... Maybe a single user decide to spend money for get some referall back...
By the way, Thank you for share your opinion and your experience, their site look good, also they don't give stupid interest rate or impossible service...

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 07:10:43 PM

The site is obviously not right.

Most of the links go to the downloads page.

Translation: "Download my crap software so I can gain access to your bitcoins etc"  Grin

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Dinglehopper

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 07:29:47 PM

Imagine that you own a small shop the sells various goods. Someone comes in and pays you $850 for your products using a credit card. A week later, you are checking your accounts and discover that $850 has been charged back and is no longer in your account. When you inquire, you find out that your customer had stolen that card and the funds have been returned to the person who actually owns the card.

BitGold is not a scam, you just got screwed by a thief and are bitter. The company is publicly traded and backed by world-famous investors. You interact with shady characters using stolen cards online. Do you research next time and choose your friends better.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 07:35:46 PM

Imagine that you own a small shop the sells various goods. Someone comes in and pays you $850 for your products using a credit card. A week later, you are checking your accounts and discover that $850 has been charged back and is no longer in your account. When you inquire, you find out that your customer had stolen that card and the funds have been returned to the person who actually owns the card.

BitGold is not a scam, you just got screwed by a thief and are bitter. The company is publicly traded and backed by world-famous investors. You interact with shady characters using stolen cards online. Do you research next time and choose your friends better.
What exchange does it trade on, what is its ticker symbol, and who are these "world famous investors"?
laphg

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 10:13:00 PM

It's not a scam.  It trades on the TSX (symbol XAU) and closed today @ $5.40CA per share.  BitGold is not an affiliate of Bitcoin.  They're not connected in any way.  

When you open an account, they tell you right up front when you get gold through the referral program that there is a delay of a couple of weeks before the application is approved, because they have to make sure there is no fraud in regards to the credit cards or bank accounts used.

The company is backed by Dundee Capital Markets, Cannacord Genuity, Sprott Inc, and a few other well known investment firms.  The team is lead by some pretty impressive names…Darrell MacMullin (Chief Executive Officer)  Roy Sebag (Founder)  Josh Crumb  (Co-Founder - Chief Strategy Officer).  They are audited by PriceWaterhouseCoopers.  

I would think with all the excitement around this company and the idea, that there are plenty of people who are trying to scam the system and transfer gold using fraud.  So it makes sense that the company is taking all necessary precautions to ensure there is no theft.  
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 10:17:44 PM

It's not a scam.  It trades on the TSX (symbol XAU) and closed today @ $5.40CA per share.  BitGold is not an affiliate of Bitcoin.  They're not connected in any way. 
LOL, no it doesn't.
hedgy73
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 10:27:00 PM

Wow look at these brand new accounts created just to defend bitgold.com Roll Eyes.

These desperate attempts saying its legit actually make it look even more of a scam than it did before.
catoshi

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 04:52:50 AM
Last edit: July 25, 2015, 05:13:25 AM by catoshi

Bitgold is without a doubt a legit company. Any person with an iq high enough to use google could easily figure that out.

CATS RULE - DOGS DRULE!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
  Print  

Jump to: