Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:56:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Nexious.com WARNING POOL OPERATOR IS NOT PAYING NOR RESPONDING  (Read 34876 times)
WBF1

Activity: 419
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 05:06:49 PM

I'll hang with for a while and see if Nexious grows. Waiting 196 days on average for a block isn't sustainable for me though. Hopefully we get some more miners.

Edit: to be fair, Nexious seems to be  growing pretty well.
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Nexious (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Nexious.com Admin

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2015, 05:58:07 AM

I'll hang with for a while and see if Nexious grows. Waiting 196 days on average for a block isn't sustainable for me though. Hopefully we get some more miners.

Edit: to be fair, Nexious seems to be  growing pretty well.

I understand that WBF1, hopefully we get lucky and find a block soon so other miners get interested Smiley Thank you for having a go anyway!

Nexious is now hovering around the 20TH/s a mark for the last 24 hours, so now is a great time to jump in and mine with us!

https://nexious.com - Bitcoin Mining Pool - 5BTC Block Finder Bonus!*
blarneystone

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 09:22:03 AM

...mine with us!

Can you tell us who "us" is?

I ran a domain check & noticed the registrant ID was based in Panama, which sounded familiar, so I cross referenced it out of curiosity/boredom. Guess what, I found a perfect match. Your records are exactly the same in every detail as an ex-"pool" going by the name of overhash.com which disappeared without trace after questions were asked about some dubious claims by the brand new account OP:

nexious.com:  http://whois.domaintools.com/nexious.com

overhash.com:  http://whois.domaintools.com/overhash.com

I'm not suggesting that you will do the same as last time, but miners are very wary of new pools with new accounts as it is, let alone ones that are obvious reincarnations of previous vanishing pools. Showing a little transparency would go a long way towards instilling some trust in miners, so I'll ask again - who is "us"?

Thanks.
Nexious (OP)

Nexious.com Admin

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2015, 09:47:31 AM

...mine with us!

Can you tell us who "us" is?

I ran a domain check & noticed the registrant ID was based in Panama, which sounded familiar, so I cross referenced it out of curiosity/boredom. Guess what, I found a perfect match. Your records are exactly the same in every detail as an ex-"pool" going by the name of overhash.com which disappeared without trace after questions were asked about some dubious claims by the brand new account OP:

nexious.com:  http://whois.domaintools.com/nexious.com

overhash.com:  http://whois.domaintools.com/overhash.com

I'm not suggesting that you will do the same as last time, but miners are very wary of new pools with new accounts as it is, let alone ones that are obvious reincarnations of previous vanishing pools. Showing a little transparency would go a long way towards instilling some trust in miners, so I'll ask again - who is "us"?

Thanks.

Hi blarneystone,

Firstly I am the sole runner of Nexious, I meant us as in Nexious as a whole.

Also whois records hidden by whois guard by default by the name register I used (namecheap) so all .com domains registered through them will come up the same.

I have never heard of this OverHash pool before nor am I affiliated with it (it no longer seems to be running?)

Sorry for the misinterpreted post and hopefully this clarifies it for you.

blarneystone

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 12:38:36 PM

Not really, no. You still haven't told us who you are, where you're based or how anyone can contact you in case you go AWOL like BAN, overhash, BeastBTC or numerous other pop-up-pools have done previously. Seems that as soon as one scam pool goes down, another one pops up to take it's place these days.

When a miner uses a pool they are placing a lot of trust in that pool owner, if that pool owner hides behind a shroud & a noob account it immediately rings alarm bells, so you need to return some kind of transparency & trustworthiness to your miners, don't you think?  Wink
Nexious (OP)

Nexious.com Admin

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2015, 05:59:51 AM

Not really, no. You still haven't told us who you are, where you're based or how anyone can contact you in case you go AWOL like BAN, overhash, BeastBTC or numerous other pop-up-pools have done previously. Seems that as soon as one scam pool goes down, another one pops up to take it's place these days.

When a miner uses a pool they are placing a lot of trust in that pool owner, if that pool owner hides behind a shroud & a noob account it immediately rings alarm bells, so you need to return some kind of transparency & trustworthiness to your miners, don't you think?  Wink

Sorry blarneystone I have introduced myself to a bunch of the miners on IRC, I did create Nexious because of the fact that many of the larger pools had shut down and noticed the miners centralising on some of the larger pools.

So anyway, my name is William and I'm from New Zealand (down the bottom of the world for who don't know) you can contact me on support@nexious.com or on IRC (#Nexious @ freenode) or PM me on here.

I agree with being as transparent as possible and have answerd all questions asked, I also believe trust can only be built over time hence I don't expect any large miners to try out Nexious in the first weeks Smiley

Edit:
I am pushing a couple of updates to the front end, if you can't connect to website just try and refresh. Stratum is not affected so you can keep mining.

kipper01

Activity: 214

1KippERXwH1PdBxKNt1ksgqh89WBv6CtWQ

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 10:26:40 PM

When a miner uses a pool they are placing a lot of trust in that pool owner, if that pool owner hides behind a shroud & a noob account it immediately rings alarm bells, so you need to return some kind of transparency & trustworthiness to your miners, don't you think?  Wink

Interesting conversation.  I am a noob at this not sure what else Nexious could do to prove he is legit.  These days activity on these boards does not mean someone can be trusted.   anyway...

Lets hit a block.  Tongue

Nexious (OP)

Nexious.com Admin

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2015, 11:56:48 PM

Interesting conversation.  I am a noob at this not sure what else Nexious could do to prove he is legit.  These days activity on these boards does not mean someone can be trusted.   anyway...

Lets hit a block.  Tongue

I have tried to be as transparent as possible, any questions I have asked them so at the end of the day like I said previously the only thing that builds trust is time. Nexious isn't going anywhere, and yes lets hit a block Wink

itsnogood

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 03:03:20 PM

Any plans to entice more miners to join the pool? We need more miners.
Its odd that we must have at least 50 people who registered for the 0% account.

WHERE HAVE YOU ALL GONE?

You have now started Dash mining also. Although you have no miners as yet.
Good luck.

Okay, sir, my final offer: half a shekel for an old ex-leper?
1BArqcsxPQt2QJdDbw5Cxvx5F1DUR1Vyza
spiker777

Activity: 997
Merit: 279

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2015, 05:03:36 PM

Пpивeт,я нaпpимep нe yшeл,y мeня в дpyгoм пyлe мaлocть нe зaкoнчeнo,a тaк я бyдy пpoдoлжaть Wink

itsnogood

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 07:10:48 PM
Last edit: August 03, 2015, 07:31:24 PM by itsnogood

Пpивeт,я нaпpимep нe yшeл,y мeня в дpyгoм пyлe мaлocть нe зaкoнчeнo,a тaк я бyдy пpoдoлжaть Wink

Hope to see you back soon Spiker777

Nexious (OP)

Nexious.com Admin

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2015, 09:42:42 PM

WHERE HAVE YOU ALL GONE?

Good luck.

I plan on running another 0 fees type thing again, yet Nexious currently has over 150 accounts registered yet only 10-15 actually mining. I guess miners don't really care about the security of the network.

I created the dash pool as a few of the miners asked me if I could create one for them yet no one seems to have used it.

kipper01

Activity: 214

1KippERXwH1PdBxKNt1ksgqh89WBv6CtWQ

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 11:37:20 PM

WHERE HAVE YOU ALL GONE?

Good luck.

It is a nice setup.  Easy to read on the phone.  Too bad everyone is disappearing Sad

Nexious (OP)

Nexious.com Admin

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2015, 08:17:31 AM

It is a nice setup.  Easy to read on the phone.  Too bad everyone is disappearing Sad

I am glad you find it easy to use on your mobile, I wanted it to be nice and simple so you can check what your miners are doing on the go. I am thinking about doing another 0% Fee promotion to attract more miners, so keep an eye out for that.

WBF1

Activity: 419

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 11:54:57 AM

WHERE HAVE YOU ALL GONE?

Good luck.

I agree. The website is put together well.
anamichii

Activity: 287

Global economic crisis? i hold my bitcoin..

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 01:49:13 PM

a good interface front-end
i wait for scrypt based coin to mining in this pool
BlInK311

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 05:26:30 PM

I didn't make the cut for the 0% fees, but I threw a miner your way anyway.  Lets hope more miners do the same.  Good luck to all.
itsnogood

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 05:58:25 PM

I didn't make the cut for the 0% fees, but I threw a miner your way anyway.  Lets hope more miners do the same.  Good luck to all.

You must be the only person currently mining Nexious that isn't 0%. That sucks, especially as there are only about 10 people mining at the moment.

Well done for sticking around.

Maybe Nexious will take pity and make you 0% .

BlInK311

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 06:06:28 PM

You must be the only person currently mining Nexious that isn't 0%. That sucks, especially as there are only about 10 people mining at the moment.

Well done for sticking around.

Maybe Nexious will take pity and make you 0% .

haha yeah I was thinking the same thing.  I probably am the only one.  I expected at least 50 miners on the pool, but im sure most people are waiting to see if the pool sticks around before redirecting their miners. 
**Fingers crossed for a super lucky block**
Nexious (OP)

Nexious.com Admin

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2015, 07:24:35 PM

Sorry that you missed out on the 0 Fees, but keep an eye out as I will be running another promotion soon! Thank you for having a look at Nexious though Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: