Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 11:23:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NYC] New York Coin - "TronREX TAKEOVER & OVERHAUL"  (Read 65968 times)
bit1
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 04:06:11 PM

Remember the less inflation the better.
Simple858

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 05:46:22 PM

We like your coin,

We are implementing NYC mining support on http://pool.digitalgold.co/ while we wait for NYC to be added to Cryptsy!

Once NYC is added on Cryptsy we will add NYC as a payout coin on Steak Cloud http://steakcloud.com/!

Regards

Steak Cloud Support
\

Hello,

Would it be possible to wait till the swap is initiated and done? We are getting the final things done to do the swap with all current users and holders.

Thanks,
REX

It's a good feeling to know that I have put two good ideas together  Grin
I believe it will be good for both sides

TronREX (OP)

Activity: 374
Merit: 251

The REX is here!!!

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 07:29:51 PM

We like your coin,

We are implementing NYC mining support on http://pool.digitalgold.co/ while we wait for NYC to be added to Cryptsy!

Once NYC is added on Cryptsy we will add NYC as a payout coin on Steak Cloud http://steakcloud.com/!

Regards

Steak Cloud Support
\

Hello,

Would it be possible to wait till the swap is initiated and done? We are getting the final things done to do the swap with all current users and holders.

Thanks,
REX

Oh sure,

What exactly are you swapping?

Will anything change within the code on GitHub shuch as NYCcoind?

We are swapping the old algo to a new one. So this source will be no good after the swap. The git will also get updated.

FYI: This is a perfect service due to the fact that we will not implement pos for the release. So I will keep you informed on the matter by Friday.

Thanks,
REX
bit1
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 09:06:01 PM
Last edit: September 15, 2015, 09:45:05 PM by bit1

@TronREX

If you want keep only POW go ahead is your choose but:

Wich behind the idea of many takeover is?   I see that you are looking for new takeover, As a alone dev you could keep focused on only one coin and do your best to that this be succesful, How supporter you can do it with as many as you can like to any multipool or any other service.  But if you think that I'm wrong you can do ask  yourself. And remember never try of  do what many bad devs to launch coins again and again using many newbie accounts.

Edit: To watch a succesful coin you need at least 8 constant connections  -->  The moon is the limit.
But if you see the same 8 connections or less after like to one year, Better say bye baby.
Steak Cloud

Activity: 250
Merit: 250

Gain Real Value On Exchanges

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2015, 11:12:28 PM

Yes well done @Simple858 I agree there is potential for something great here for both sides!

@TronREX Sure no problem, I will keep checking back Friday and over the weekend,

Proof Of Stake And Proof Of Work Mining Platform! http://www.steakcloud.com
TronREX (OP)

The REX is here!!!

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 11:19:58 PM

@TronREX

Wich behind the idea of many takeover is?   I see that you are looking for new takeover, As a alone dev you could keep focused on only one coin and do your best to that this be succesful, How supporter you can do it with as many as you can like to any multipool or any other service.  But if you think that I'm wrong you can do ask  yourself. And remember never try of  do what many bad devs to launch coins again and again using many newbie accounts.

Edit: To watch a succesful coin you need at least 8 constant connections  -->  The moon is the limit.
But if you see the same 8 connections or less after like to one year, Better say bye baby.

Hey Bit1,

Thanks for pointing this put, and you are absolutely correct. My focus should be on this one coin. Although my team has grown to a couple of players where I see the ability to help many of the other coins resurrect from the dead a task I should take on.

Now when it comes to the pos implementation, it is something that will for sure happen. But being that it is something new on the algo I chose to go with for this swap it has taken more time than I had originally expected. But being that my users of NYC come first I feel like they can still benefit from a reduction and some extra time in the pow stage. Later on in the chain I can surely implement the pos to the new chain, and for sure it will be a one and only coin for the masses. I am also looking to apply different innovations in the long run of this project, but to keep interest and circulation "Volume" this step has to come first.

Some info on the swap

10:1
1000 coins per block
algo: Quark
max coins: 10 Billion

Any questions can be quoted to this.

Thanks,
REX
bit1
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 12:04:39 AM
Last edit: September 16, 2015, 03:59:10 AM by bit1

@TronREX

Hey Bit1,

Thanks for pointing this put, and you are absolutely correct. My focus should be on this one coin. Although my team has grown to a couple of players where I see the ability to help many of the other coins resurrect from the dead a task I should take on.

Now when it comes to the pos implementation, it is something that will for sure happen. But being that it is something new on the algo I chose to go with for this swap it has taken more time than I had originally expected. But being that my users of NYC come first I feel like they can still benefit from a reduction and some extra time in the pow stage. Later on in the chain I can surely implement the pos to the new chain, and for sure it will be a one and only coin for the masses. I am also looking to apply different innovations in the long run of this project, but to keep interest and circulation "Volume" this step has to come first.

Any questions can be quoted to this.Some info on the swap

10:1
1000 coins per block
algo: Quark
max coins: 10 Billion

Thanks,
REX

Hi REX,

Well, So that you have an mysterious team of developers, Sounds good but I remember at You that anothers coins too and its failed on some point. As far as I see 10:1 dont help on nothing to this coin with the inflation problem, 1000 coins per block is too much, You dont have mentioned block time but you need up this more than 30 seconds, So any member of your team only want that you lost your money and you paid to him twice: One releasing POW only and another with the  system hibrid POW and POS release. It without mention that some problem with the code can happens and its could be a extra charge. So the worst thing that you can do is to pay to someone to do this job with BTC or USD, The unique way is that you to pay with Newyorkcoins to any other  partner developer so you have at least the hope that it can keep doing his job. About of Quark algo is ok this could explain the idea of keep only POW, But you could consider the rest.
Simple858

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 04:57:36 AM

Bit1 & Rex...

to make 8 constant connections: What if some of swap would go into buying nodes on https://bitnodes.net/ or just make a NYC donation link for this matter?
bit1
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 05:55:40 AM
Last edit: September 16, 2015, 06:23:36 AM by bit1

Bit1 & Rex...

to make 8 constant connections: What if some of swap would go into buying nodes on https://bitnodes.net/ or just make a NYC donation link for this matter?

@858
8 constant connections at least could be good idea but as soon as Rex do swap that could be the next step, About bitnodes sound good some coins have until 3 nodes for $99 usd for a year, One thing that some peoples dont like is that on bitnodes on the site show a list with all nodes conected and some peoples to prefer some more of privacity. However with the Quark algo the number of nodes could be ok with many peoples mining it, The thing is that the ratio of the coin 1:10 is very short, I had suggested an ratio about 1:10000 It is 2.1BTC=1NYC(10M of coins only+pow or pos) aproximately of ratio only but another peoples suggested 1:1000 1BTC=4.76NYC(100M of coins+pow or pos). On both cases the block reward could be the lower possible to keep inflation low and sure price of the coin and avoid that it can be dumped on the exchanges.
But Rex have the last Word.
TronREX (OP)

The REX is here!!!

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 03:05:49 PM

Bit1 & Rex...

@858
8 constant connections at least could be good idea but as soon as Rex do swap that could be the next step, About bitnodes sound good some coins have until 3 nodes for $99 usd for a year, One thing that some peoples dont like is that on bitnodes on the site show a list with all nodes conected and some peoples to prefer some more of privacity. However with the Quark algo the number of nodes could be ok with many peoples mining it, The thing is that the ratio of the coin 1:10 is very short, I had suggested an ratio about 1:10000 It is 2.1BTC=1NYC(10M of coins only+pow or pos) aproximately of ratio only but another peoples suggested 1:1000 1BTC=4.76NYC(100M of coins+pow or pos). On both cases the block reward could be the lower possible to keep inflation low and sure price of the coin and avoid that it can be dumped on the exchanges.
But Rex have the last Word.

Guys we are coming in with more than 8. This step was covered early. I had the 51% attack in mind since day 1.

Rex,
wargo

Activity: 479

Technician

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2015, 05:46:48 PM

Edit: To watch a succesful coin you need at least 8 constant connections  -->  The moon is the limit.
What do you mean "constant connections"?
Simple858

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 06:36:43 PM

REX

After swap and new algho... you should send request to https://suprnova.cc/ to make pool for NYC.....this would for sure increase volume and price instantly  Shocked
bit1
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 06:59:55 PM

Edit: To watch a succesful coin you need at least 8 constant connections  -->  The moon is the limit.

I mean running nodes 24/7. The more the better.
wargo

Activity: 479

Technician

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2015, 12:56:53 AM

Here can be monitored: http://pl.e-waluty.net.pl/NYC
bit1
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 03:02:14 AM
Last edit: September 17, 2015, 03:12:59 AM by bit1

Here can be monitored: http://pl.e-waluty.net.pl/NYC

Is more easy on the wallet directly, It show the number of connected nodes Wink , It could show  8 at least always because  is supposed that 8 nodes could are actives 24/7, So when another nodes extra of users are connected the number of connections could increase to 9,10,11,12,13,14,15, etc. But the permanent nodes always could be 8 at least.
Hobbyist

Activity: 588
Merit: 503

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 04:06:26 AM

Are you guys accepting inbound connections?

I maintain at least 20 connections (but not all of them are NewYorkCoin)

newyorkcd getpeerinfo | grep subver
        "subver" : "/Satoshi:0.8.6.2/",
        "subver" : "/Satoshi:1.4.0/",
        "subver" : "/Satoshi:1.1.1/",
        "subver" : "/NewYorkCoin:1.1.0/",
        "subver" : "/Satoshi:1.0.0.1/",
        "subver" : "/Shibetoshi:1.5.0/",
        "subver" : "Dain 0.0.1",
        "subver" : "/Pandoshi:3.0.2/",
        "subver" : "/Satoshi:1.1.2/",
        "subver" : "/Satoshi:1.0.1.1/",

╔══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
°o.O O.o° TheCryptoChat.net - Your Connection To Everything Crypto!! °o.O O.o°
╚══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
bit1
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 04:45:42 AM
Last edit: September 17, 2015, 04:56:58 AM by bit1

Guys we are coming in with more than 8. This step was covered early. I had the 51% attack in mind since day 1.

Rex,

http://pl.e-waluty.net.pl/NYC   only show 3

/NewYorkCoin:1.1.0/

So I guess that there arenot enough  permanent nodes or not even the rest of anothers wallets maybe cause they are waiting the swap , Please read upside words of the Dev REX.
bit1
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 04:48:32 AM

http://cointelegraph.com/news/115287/bitcoin-exchange-lzf-legally-launches-in-49-states-excluding-new-york
ie007cheung

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 05:22:02 AM

Rex,

So I guess that there arenot enough  permanent nodes or not even the rest of anothers wallets maybe cause they are waiting the swap , Please read upside words of the Dev REX.

If this is the case, I suppose the dev should setup some more permanent nodes.
TronREX (OP)

The REX is here!!!

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 05:44:36 PM

Rex,

If this is the case, I suppose the dev should setup some more permanent nodes.

As Bit1 mentioned, if you read up more I already covered this concern.

Thanks,
REX
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: