Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 02:31:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 159 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Slimcoin | First Proof of Burn currency | Decentralized Web  (Read 136723 times)
dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 12:08:44 AM

Hush team ran a survey among community members concerning marketing strategy. Here's some early results. Sparkit posted it on Slack.

"I'll give you a small summary of the marketing survey. The majority of the people filling the survey finds marketing very important.

A twitter campaign is "OK", same with BCT Signature Campaign.
Ads on a crypto website is very split but the average is just above OK.
Ads on social media seems to not be something we should aim for.
Promoting posts on Social Media is though.
Buying article space on crypto sites is a very good idea, same with continuous updates and interviews with the team and articles on the website.
More explanatory videos and blog posts about HUSH, the features and how to get HUSH.
More updates about development progress.
More activity on  social media now when the storm around BTC is calming down.
More content on the website."

Since we don't have a professional marketing team, every bit of information is valuable I think. Here are some popular media I've found. Anybody can add something to the list?
https://cointelegraph.com/
https://www.coindesk.com/
https://99bitcoins.com/
https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/
https://bitcoinmagazine.com/
http://www.newsbtc.com/
https://coinreport.net/
https://bitcoinwarrior.net/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
drbarber

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 06:30:34 AM
Last edit: August 04, 2017, 07:00:06 AM by drbarber

Nice job, good info and media list.

I asked some people on a crypto discord group to check out this btcc thread and they were critical about the following:

-Not really clear on what PoB is or how it works (in very simple terms & specifically for Slim).
-Not sure how to calculate potential profit from burning slimcoins.
-Confusion and dislike that there's too many websites (slimcoin.in seems it's in india & https also didn't work, slimcoin.club didn't connect)
-Organization of first post is slightly confusing.

I think once we establish a marketable way to simply express how to use slimcoins/PoB with little technical jargon, it'll be easier to sell to ppl looking to just daytrade. Maybe a poster that sums up what it is, how to get it, how to use it, and the benefits over other similar coins. A profitability calculator might also be nice for those more interested in PoB mining.

EDIT: Unrelated but do I keep my coins in my wallet for a week or keep my wallet on/open with the coins for a week for staking to begin?
gavrilo77

Activity: 819
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 07:19:36 AM

I asked some people on a crypto discord group to check out this btcc thread and they were critical about the following:

-Not really clear on what PoB is or how it works (in very simple terms & specifically for Slim).
-Confusion and dislike that there's too many websites (slimcoin.in seems it's in india & https also didn't work, slimcoin.club didn't connect)

I think once we establish a marketable way to simply express how to use slimcoins/PoB with little technical jargon, it'll be easier to sell to ppl looking to just daytrade. Maybe a poster that sums up what it is, how to get it, how to use it, and the benefits over other similar coins. A profitability calculator might also be nice for those more interested in PoB mining.

EDIT: Unrelated but do I keep my coins in my wallet for a week or keep my wallet on/open with the coins for a week for staking to begin?

For staking you dont need to keep wallet open. I have one wallet, i open every one two months, and i am staking for a couple of hours only. You need to unlock your wallet for that.
Johnsenwong1

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 07:21:22 AM

This is very suitable for meee  Shocked
muf18

Activity: 882
Merit: 310

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 08:06:38 AM

I don't want to sound harsh, but a few things are already there:
ELI5 of PoB is on slimco.in (it's not indian - for me the name of domain is quite nice composing, and if you see in WHOIS - I'm definately not an fron india). Calculator of profitability is on slimcoin.club and it's in plans to be ported.
dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 11:35:44 AM

I don't want to sound harsh, but a few things are already there:
ELI5 of PoB is on slimco.in (it's not indian - for me the name of domain is quite nice composing, and if you see in WHOIS - I'm definately not an fron india). Calculator of profitability is on slimcoin.club and it's in plans to be ported.

I agree with drbarber on that. You're right, info is somewhere there but it's not summed up in some kind of poster as drbarber suggested. For example, one want to learn about ELI5 of PoB. There's no info in first post, it's bad enough for most people not trying to go deeper. Let's say someone is very interested and he opens slimcoin.club. It's often down. After that maybe just 1% of people would try to learn about Slim somewhere else. And when you find general info about PoB on slimco.in there's still no calculator. You can find one on slimcoin.club but it doesn't hep much. It only says you'll return money in 361 day.

We need some cool infographics in first post. That'd help a lot. But first we need written info is a few sentences. What is PoB. How much do you get from it and how do you do it.

dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 12:12:59 PM

For staking you dont need to keep wallet open. I have one wallet, i open every one two months, and i am staking for a couple of hours only. You need to unlock your wallet for that.

But in this case you only get reward when you open it, no? You can't do staking with closed wallet.

gavrilo77

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 12:22:34 PM

But in this case you only get reward when you open it, no? You can't do staking with closed wallet.

As per my experience, all stake coins coming one time, for the period you have the balance. Instead to keep open wallet and to consume my PC recurses 24/7, i do every couple of months. First time when i allowed staking after two years keeping the coins in wallet, suddenly came more than 10000 slm in groups. Since than, i dont stake 24/7. For PoB you need to have 24/7 open wallet.
gavrilo77

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 12:25:23 PM

Seems we will not see any more cheap SLM Smiley
dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 12:30:11 PM

As per my experience, all stake coins coming one time, for the period you have the balance. Instead to keep open wallet and to consume my PC recurses 24/7, i do every couple of months. First time when i allowed staking after two years keeping the coins in wallet, suddenly came more than 10000 slm in groups. Since than, i dont stake 24/7. For PoB you need to have 24/7 open wallet.

That is very interesting! Can we get a comment on that from devs?

gavrilo77

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 12:37:37 PM

That is very interesting! Can we get a comment on that from devs?

I think it is like that with all pos coins. Just no one tried. Create one more wallet on your PC, put some balance there and wait. I run 3 different SLM wallets on the same machine
muf18

Activity: 882
Merit: 310

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 01:02:46 PM

So it's that have POS blocks with 500 coins each lol.
Eh I it should be good that we have so low supply, but still it will encourage pumpers to pump coin.
gavrilo77

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 01:35:13 PM
Last edit: August 04, 2017, 01:46:18 PM by gavrilo77

Eh I it should be good that we have so low supply, but still it will encourage pumpers to pump coin.

The point is that very few people are using benefit of PoB. If that attract people , the price would be stable on some value to keep profitability of burnt coins. Same as mining. I do now with 2 000 000 of totally burnt coins like 500-600 SLM per day. I am good with that for now Smiley
gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2017, 02:46:36 PM

Can we get a comment on that from devs?

Email address is p4titan@anche.no, as given in the white paper. However..

Just an update, PM exchange with Dev (timestamps are accurate):

hi slimcoin dev,

there is still a huge interest in the novelty of your coin, hash rate is at a peak, bter has been on an uprise, and the community clearly believes there's room for growth.

so far there has been 2 other devs who already contributed code and effort to improve the client. we've also raised nearly 7K SLM for bounties and giveaways.

we are planning to perform a hard fork soon to disable PoS and sync-checkpoints, increment the protocol version to kick out misbehaving clients (this has been identified as a major bugbear on resources and we've issued a temporary fix), and to update a miscellany of issues that has been identified since. you can check out our fork and commits at github.com/kryptoslab/slimcoin.

also, at the point of the hard fork I will likely issue a ReAnn so that I can edit the OP, and work on rallying the community to continue the development.

would like to know your plans for SLM so we can synchronise our efforts!

Hello,

As I have posted before, the reason I "left" this project is some other stuff came up. I say "left" as I still follow its development on the forum. I did state I could do basic maintenance, of which was to hold the central sync node up. I have absolutely no problems with you forking this project, in fact, it would be of great delight to me if you did so. I can offer you assistance in navigating the PoB code and making you a reddit administrator for /r/Slimcoin. As for development, I have nothing much planned in the short termed future.

-P4Titan

ACME reports a node in Norway, you never know your luck.

Cheers

Graham

gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2017, 02:58:40 PM

Hush team ran a survey among community members concerning marketing strategy.

Unfortunately, from the standpoint of someone both formally educated and professionally experienced in marketing (1), the results provide no useful information because of the ineptitude of the survey implementation.

The results of the “survey” pertain to promotion mix tactics (i.e. not “marketing” and not “strategy”) which are pretty useless in practice absent a contextualising marketing strategy and plan to inform the choice of a target market and formulation of the most appropriate promotion mix to influence it. (You may ascertain the validity of this observation by consulting the appropriate entries in www.businessdictionary.com)

Since we don't have a professional marketing team

That sort of exposes an otherwise unexamined assumption that the group (of people who comprise Slimcoin as a peer-to-peer networked cryptocurrency) needs a professional marketing team. I haven't yet seen any cogent or compelling argument to that effect and I for one would welcome it if anyone is in a position to present one.

Personally, I'm looking elsewhere for insights into what might infuse a marketing strategy for a peer-to-peer networked cryptocurrency, e.g. https://phys.org/news/2017-01-social-instability-lies.html

What we need is a nonpolitical, indeed a fiercely non-partisan center/institute/think tank that would develop and refine a better scientific understanding of how we got into this mess; and then translate that science into policy to help us get out of it.”

I'm more than happy to enter into a spirited public discussion or even a public-spirited discussion, I'm quite well resourced either way, here's a glimpse into my cryptocurrency R&D resource stack, (the detailed content is the first few items of the “attitude survey” folder):

It's not intended for public consumption, it's my personal research work that informs both the analysis and synthesis components (R and D) of my model of the domain . If anyone wants a dump of the stack, PM me. Happy to answer questions.

Cheers

Graham

(1) Albeit you might find it somewhat tediously predictable, that'd be me. But supporting chapter and verse available on request, as ever.

dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 04:28:24 PM

The point is that very few people are using benefit of PoB. If that attract people , the price would be stable on some value to keep profitability of burnt coins. Same as mining. I do now with 2 000 000 of totally burnt coins like 500-600 SLM per day. I am good with that for now Smiley

How could you burn 2M coins if there's total amount of burnt coins is little over 2M? ) https://bchain.info/SLM/addr/SfSLMCoinMainNetworkBurnAddr1DeTK5

dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 04:39:41 PM

Hush team ran a survey among community members concerning marketing strategy.

Unfortunately, from the standpoint of someone both formally educated and professionally experienced in marketing (1), the results provide no useful information because of the ineptitude of the survey implementation.

The results of the “survey” pertain to promotion mix tactics (i.e. not “marketing” and not “strategy”) which are pretty useless in practice absent a contextualising marketing strategy and plan to inform the choice of a target market and formulation of the most appropriate promotion mix to influence it. (You may ascertain the validity of this observation by consulting the appropriate entries in www.businessdictionary.com)

Since we don't have a professional marketing team

That sort of exposes an otherwise unexamined assumption that the group (of people who comprise Slimcoin as a peer-to-peer networked cryptocurrency) needs a professional marketing team. I haven't yet seen any cogent or compelling argument to that effect and I for one would welcome it if anyone is in a position to present one.

Personally, I'm looking elsewhere for insights into what might infuse a marketing strategy for a peer-to-peer networked cryptocurrency, e.g. https://phys.org/news/2017-01-social-instability-lies.html

What we need is a nonpolitical, indeed a fiercely non-partisan center/institute/think tank that would develop and refine a better scientific understanding of how we got into this mess; and then translate that science into policy to help us get out of it.”

I'm more than happy to enter into a spirited public discussion or even a public-spirited discussion, I'm quite well resourced either way, here's a glimpse into my cryptocurrency R&D resource stack, (the detailed content is the first few items of the “attitude survey” folder):

[img]https://i.imgur.com/F3755Gb.png

It's not intended for public consumption, it's my personal research work that informs both the analysis and synthesis components (R and D) of my model of the domain . If anyone wants a dump of the stack, PM me. Happy to answer questions.

Cheers

Graham

(1) Albeit you might find it somewhat tediously predictable, that'd be me. But supporting chapter and verse available on request, as ever.

As for the “marketing” and “strategy” you're right of course, but since we don't have anything better it's still something. We don't have someone working on marketing and have to learn doing it ourselves.

As for the rest I feel like you oversmart me on a scale that prevents me even from understanding what you're saying. It's true for most of your posts, actually. On top of that your English isn't simple which only makes understanding harder. But it's a good thing. That's one of the reasons I decided to stick with Slim. If I don't understand anything its dev saying I feel confident enough with its future )

gavrilo77

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 04:44:03 PM

How could you burn 2M coins if there's total amount of burnt coins is little over 2M? ) https://bchain.info/SLM/addr/SfSLMCoinMainNetworkBurnAddr1DeTK5

OK, maybe i was not enough clear. When i was burnt my SLM, 115 000, than were burnt like 800 000 SLM totally , i have received many reward SLM (~1500 per day), now when there are approx 2000000 i am receiving 500-600 per day
dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 04:51:41 PM

OK, maybe i was not enough clear. When i was burnt my SLM, 115 000, than were burnt like 800 000 SLM totally , i have received many reward SLM (~1500 per day), now when there are approx 2000000 i am receiving 500-600 per day

Got it. I'd very much like to see some kind of calculations what reward can one count for. Let's say I have burnt 100K coins. How much would I get if I keep the client online. I read that it wouldn't make sense to burn all at once. What would be the best strategy then. Burn 1K coins a day for 100 days. Or 10K every 10 days. Or it's something we have to figure out ourselves? )

gavrilo77

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 04:58:31 PM

Got it. I'd very much like to see some kind of calculations what reward can one count for. Let's say I have burnt 100K coins. How much would I get if I keep the client online. I read that it wouldn't make sense to burn all at once. What would be the best strategy then. Burn 1K coins a day for 100 days. Or 10K every 10 days. Or it's something we have to figure out ourselves? )

I burnt 7000, 8000, 50 000, 50 000 something like that (50 000+50 000 i have burned same day) I think i already got back my 115 000 or i am close. I did not keep all the time wallet open. At the moment i still have ~ 95 000 SLM to be rewarded. So, means pure profit everything what comes
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 159 »
  Print  

Jump to: