Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:41:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 159 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Slimcoin | First Proof of Burn currency | Decentralized Web  (Read 136746 times)
gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2016, 01:40:12 PM

I am runing the QT wallet from https://github.com/slimcoin-project/Slimcoin on Debian Wheezy (7)  64-bit and I have so far two issues:

Runs okay on Debian Jessie, the app found the network and started synching. I was able to enter help in the console without crashing the app and I let it sync up to block 8000-odd before calling a halt.

A couple of things I should continue to point out, just on general principles:

1. The app defaults to reservebalance=1000000 to prevent it from minting before it's fully synced (when syncing from 0) because that can result in a local fork. When the app is fully synced, the reservebalance can be changed or disabled.

Code:
reservebalance [<reserve> [amount]]
<reserve> is true or false to turn balance reserve on or off.
<amount> is a real and rounded to cent.
Set reserve amount not participating in network protection.
If no parameters provided current setting is printed.

2. The Slimcoin-project github repository defaults to the slimcoin branch. The development work has been done in the master branch. In order to use the (pre-release) development code in the master branch, if you git clone https://github.com/slimcoin-project/Slimcoin.git, you also need to:

Code:
$ cd slimcoin
$ git checkout master
$ qmake
$ make

Otherwise you will end up using the “old” client <- please note, this is necessarily not a problem in and of itself, merely not what you were expecting.

Cheers

Graham

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gjhiggins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2016, 02:07:49 PM

I am using the addnodes from OP, and I noticed that Slimcoin does not use a peers.dat for storing peers, how does the Slimecoin client keep peers information between two restarts?

Like me, the Slimcoin codebase is venerable old. It predates the introduction of leveldb and the attendant restructuring of the local databases. So the Slimcoin equivalent to the leveldb peers.dat is the BerkeleyDB addr.dat. This neatly illustrates one of the problems of loose terminology - it is the root of the name clash between a Bitcoin address (as the serialization of a cryptographic key) and the ubiquitous IPV4 network address (as the dotted quad serialization of the bytes).

Cheers

Graham
psycodad
Legendary

Activity: 1604
Merit: 1564

精神分析的爸

View Profile
December 21, 2016, 03:25:26 PM

I am runing the QT wallet from https://github.com/slimcoin-project/Slimcoin on Debian Wheezy (7)  64-bit and I have so far two issues:

Runs okay on Debian Jessie, the app found the network and started synching. I was able to enter help in the console without crashing the app and I let it sync up to block 8000-odd before calling a halt.

A couple of things I should continue to point out, just on general principles:

1. The app defaults to reservebalance=1000000 to prevent it from minting before it's fully synced (when syncing from 0) because that can result in a local fork. When the app is fully synced, the reservebalance can be changed or disabled.

Code:
reservebalance [<reserve> [amount]]
<reserve> is true or false to turn balance reserve on or off.
<amount> is a real and rounded to cent.
Set reserve amount not participating in network protection.
If no parameters provided current setting is printed.

Thanks for the advice, I will change that as soon as I am completely synched and have verified my last block with one of the block explorers. With current speed I should be synched up in only few hours.

2. The Slimcoin-project github repository defaults to the slimcoin branch. The development work has been done in the master branch. In order to use the (pre-release) development code in the master branch, if you git clone https://github.com/slimcoin-project/Slimcoin.git, you also need to:

Code:
$ cd slimcoin
$ git checkout master
$ qmake
$ make

Thank you for your kind explanations and instructions, indeed when following above steps and switching to master branch I get completely different binaries which a) do not close when entering help in the debug window and b) also get beyond block 530 when synching. Sorry for not realizing this. When compiled from the right branch, the wallet works just fine (so far) in Wheezy64!

At first start I got stuck at block 3038, but reopening the wallet let it synch now without any stops and so far I am at ~37000.

Thank you also for your explanation regarding peers/address database, I was overlooking that addr.dat completely but was instead grepping the source for "peers" and didn't obviously find what I was looking for and got curious what kind of magic sauce Slimcoin is using for that purpose  Tongue

Waiting impatiently now to finish synching and starting to mine a block.

Cheers - psycodad

ZzzzeyeZzzz

Activity: 377
Merit: 108

ChessCoin 1.4

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2016, 09:57:36 PM
Last edit: December 22, 2016, 06:03:03 AM by ZzzzeyeZzzz

Interesting project - Proof of Life is now here and makes support network 24/7  Smiley
Is there a twitter support for news?
Best regards

-Update to ChessCoin 1.2 -protocolversion 60014 -Blocktime 5min/ 21000 transaction
-Transactions costs 0.0001/ unlimited. https://github.com/AKKPP?tab=repositories
Tournament https://lichess.org/team/chesscoin032
ptrace

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2016, 10:54:53 PM

Code:
$ cd slimcoin
$ git checkout master
$ qmake
$ make

To compile the command line version I used a slightly different approach:

Code:
$ apt-get install make g++ libboost-all-dev libssl-dev libdb5.3-dev libdb5.3++-dev libminiupnpc-dev
$ git clone https://github.com/slimcoin-project/Slimcoin.git
$ cd Slimcoin
$ git checkout master
$ cd src
$ make -f makefile.unix -j 8

gjhiggins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2016, 01:19:05 AM

Are there any other proof-of-burn coins in active development? Slimcoin is the only one that I could find with at least some activity, although very silent with this coin also..

No, not in active development. Afaik, there was only one clone, ThirdGenerationCoin (sourcecode), an ill-timed and short-lived clone of Slimcoin.

Cheers

Graham

gjhiggins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2016, 02:30:21 PM

I'm including this here as it does logically follow on from my earlier post on “features and corollaries” that closely circumscribe the behavioural envelope of a peer-to-peer networked cryptocurrency.

Originally posted to the Spreadcoin thread as part of a short discussion on (my perception of the) reality and as direct response to the (paraphrased) question - “Thought you left ages ago, are you back or what?” https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1045373.msg17129327#msg17129327

... as a grizzled R&D engineer I knew I was still lacking that key insight that clears away the mists and allows me to make strong, supportable statements and, as I have learned to expect, more time had to elapse before a clear picture eventually emerged -- in this instance, the mists cleared in the spring of this year.

It's not possible to summarise the insight both concisely and satisfactorily. It's a complex cross-disciplinary understanding (my strong point) and was the result of a long journey through some challenging terrain - a journey which is not yet complete. For me personally, the magnitude of the difference such insights bring is akin to the difference in perspective from the foot of hill and the top. All I have done, in a manner of speaking, is join up the dots differently to make a different picture but the result is sufficiently clear and robust to provide empirically-supportable explanations for all of the otherwise-puzzling phenomena I encounter in the altcoin domain. I was immediately able to understand that my watching brief on the altcoin domain and my curation work on DOACC had both served their sole purpose (to educate me) and so I terminated both efforts. This, coupled with some ${HOME} issues, prompted me to take a six-month absence from bitcointalk to pursue a more focused research agenda, test my new understanding and to try to clarify it further by pursuing the translation of the logical implications into altcoin features, using the dialectic of development to deepen my understanding.

This is one set of the dots, posted to the Slimcoin thread (another alt for which I did a “drive-by” contribution) :
Feel free to make a request: https://forum.bitsquare.io/t/how-to-add-your-favorite-altcoin

Slimcoin sounds like a really cool project, would love to see it gaining more traction!
They need a person associated with the official coin. Is someone still around?
The requesting person needs to be associated with the official coin (use an email address indicating that you are from the team)

Hmm.

At base, an altcoin is a value transfer system implemented in the form of a peer-to-peer networked cryptocurrency. The cryptography securing the implementation imposes some inherent constraints on the peers:

1. The protocol cannot treat peers as anything other than homogeneous
2. The protocol requires that peers can only be distinguished via serialized cryptographic hashes.

Corollaries:

a. The protocol-enforced egality of untrusted peering nodes is inherently inimical to the imposition of a hierarchy.
b. The modelling of peering nodes as serialized cryptographic hashes inherently prohibits any reference to identity.
c. Malfeasance by unidentifiable pseudonymous participants is inherently immune to both financial and social sanction.

So, “official” this and “official” that are meaningless in the context of a peer-to-peer networked cryptocurrency because no-one has the authority to stamp anything “official”.

Or rather, anyone and everyone has the opportunity to stamp anything they want as “official” or make a claim to be “the official dev” but it carries no inherent authority, only that which it can engender by it own efforts.

When it comes to p2p apps, the bottom line is that as soon as the source code is publicly released, no-one is ”in charge” of anything.

Cheers

Graham

I doubt that any subscriber to this thread would find my assertions controversial. I'm not saying anything new, I'm just joining up the dots.

Don't mistake “obvious” for “shallow”, these principles run deep, they are a genetic inheritance if you like and they are absolutely crucial in that the value transfer system collapses totally if they are subverted. The corollaries are defining features of all altcoin “communities”.

Some more dots to join (and yet others to follow at home) ...

Altcoins rely on two different types of consensus. The first type is the cryptographic consensus that must be created in order for the currency to function at all; the second type is the social consensus that is created by people choosing to hold the coin and/or run nodes. It is the social consensus that gives the cryptographic consensus its semantics, its meaning. The only thing that the machine can reliably “know” is whether the sequence of n bytes beginning at this memory location is an identical match to another sequence of n bytes beginning at that memory location. The rest, as they say, is left to the reader’s imagination.

The social consensus is equally important as the cryptographic one. In addition to grounding the semantics of the tokens secured by the blockchain, it's the wellspring of the vaunted “network effect” --- which is really just a weak way of saying “backed by people”. In the context of an altcoin, the only  available option is direction-by-social-consensus because the inherited cryptography protocols are inimical to the imposition of control by a central authority.

Unlike traditional currencies such as dollars, bitcoins are issued and managed without any central authority whatsoever: there is no government, company, or bank in charge of Bitcoin.
 - http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/

The fact that there is no-one in charge is significant to US financial regulators. A couple of years ago FinCEN made it unambiguously clear ...

A final type of convertible virtual currency activity involves a de-centralized convertible virtual currency (1) that has no central repository and no single administrator, and (2) that persons may obtain by their own computing or manufacturing effort.

So, “official” this and “official” that are meaningless in the context of a cryptocurrency because no-one has the authority to stamp anything “official”. Or rather, anyone and everyone has the opportunity to stamp anything they want as “official” or make a claim to be “the official dev” but it carries no inherent authority, only that which it can engender by it own efforts. When it comes to p2p apps, the bottom line is that as soon as the source code is publicly released, no-one is ”in charge” of anything.

(The witticism “herding cats” doesn’t even come in to it; people are completely free to do as they like: run a node, not run a node; hold coins, don't hold coins; set up a foundation, a faucet, a business, promote the coin, fud the coin, set up webwallets, offer an alternative wallet design, provide off-chain features, pay to spam the blockchain, pay to clean up the blockchain, generously contribute to a faucet, mischevously drain a faucet dry.)

An altcoin “community” is an egalitarian group of pseudonymous strangers --- these are the ground conditions to which any altcoin community is obliged to accommodate itself when conducting its affairs.

The requirement for egality means that the only viable activity model is self-organisation. The requirement for pseudonymity means that the only sustainable relationship model is self-interested co-operation.

This is a very demanding combination with very few candidate organisational models from which to draw inspiration for effective ways of working under these constraints.

But there are a couple of candidates ...

i) Anarcho-collectivism

Collectivist anarchism advocates the abolition of both the state and private ownership of the means of production. It instead envisions the means of production being owned collectively and controlled and managed by the producers themselves. For the collectivization of the means of production, it was originally envisaged that workers will revolt and forcibly collectivize the means of production. Once collectivization takes place, money would be abolished to be replaced with labour notes and workers' salaries would be determined in democratic organizations based on job difficulty and the amount of time they contributed to production. These salaries would be used to purchase goods in a communal market.

There has been a revolution ... but in personal computing. There’s more than a hint of the means of production being owned collectively and controlled and managed by the producers themselves, especially when it comes to cryptocurrency. There's also more than a hint from FinCENT (above) ... “(2) that persons may obtain by their own computing or manufacturing effort.”

Irrespective of how we got here, we’ve arrived at something very much like anarcho-collectivism. The ambitions detailed above bear a remarkable resemblance to the notions of “smart contracts” and some altcoins’ plans to cast the blockchain as employer, making payment in altcoin. A form of anarchism is inherent in any peer-to-peer network by definition - given that whilst there are some laws in this anarchy, they are the incorruptible mathematical laws of cryptography and are as pertinent to an anarchy as the law of gravity.

So welcome to anarcho-collectivism, I hope it works for you. No leaders, no bosses and an incorruptibly level playing field for all - what’s not to like about a crypto-anarchic collective?

(Well, for a start: it's primarily just a label and as such doesn't really provide much practical advice on how a community of peer-to-peer networked cryptocurrency holders might sensibly conduct itself. So ...)

ii) Teal

A community of altcoin users naturally forms a Teal organisation because it is basically constrained to do so by the inherent characteristics of the protocols of the peer-to-peer networked cryptocurrency from which the social consensus emerges. For an altcoin community to act as a Teal organisation isn't a matter of informed individual or collective choice, it's a matter of the “organo-crypto genetic inheritance” creating an inability to behave otherwise.

“Teal” is a modernistic organisational model developed by Frédéric Laloux, based on principles of modern systems thinking and laid out in his book Reinventing Organizations. The aim is to create better organisations that can grow and adapt to work in complex environments and mount an effective response to change.

Drawing from Ken Wilber’s Integral Theory (a model of psychology development that describes human development as following a set course of stages of development) Laloux maps a colour scheme to the historical development of human organizations: Red \> Amber \> Orange \> Green \> Teal \> Turquoise. Teal organisations are represented as the best integration of what’s collectively been learned so far.

It's worth noting Laloux' methodology at this point - whilst Teal as a notion was developed from Wilber's initial sketch, Laloux is also a field worker and his characterisation of the details of the Teal model is very usefully informed by organisational practices observed in the field.

The key breakthroughs, things that distinguish Teal (from Green) are:

* self-management: operate effectively, even at a large scale, with a system based on peer relationships, without the need for either hierarchy or consensus.

* wholeness  - practices that invite us to reclaim our inner wholeness and bring all of who we are to work, instead of with a narrow  “professional” self / “masculine resolve” etc.

* evolutionary purpose organizations seen as having a life and a sense of direction of their own. Instead of trying to predict and control the future, members of the organization are invited to listen in and understand what the organization wants to become, what purpose it wants to serve.

In terms of joining up the dots ... these “key breakthroughs” also accurately characterise an altcoin community in terms of unavoidable outcomes:

* no hierarchy === self-management
* no hierarchically-imposed roles === wholeness
* no hierarchical control === evolutionary purpose.

A holistic and evolutionary approach follows naturally from genuine self-management, i.e. when authority is devolved to the individual. In the absence of centrally-imposed roles, behaving as a whole person is the default and in the absence of centrally-imposed goals, the organisation is free to evolve itself.

I invite you to take a (relatively) brisk canter through the rest of the listed characteristics of a Teal organisation. There's a fairly accessible slideset summary (PDF)  from Ulrich Gerndt of changefactory Gmbh (it's Ulrich's graphic I re-used above). You can pick up the story on slide #21 and take it from there. As far as I can make out, it's a near-perfect match - if the characteristic appears nonsensical in an altcoin context that's because it's irrelevant in a fully decentralised context, e.g. “formal multi-step conflict resolution process” and “self-decorated warm spaces without status markers”.

In passing, I'll make two observations that I consider immediately pertinent:

1. The list of Teal characteristics is also a blueprint for any altcoin community that wishes to follow it.
2. Teal's “evolutionary purpose” breakthrough offers quite a different explanation of progress in the Bitcoin community. It too is pure Teal (albeit somewhat distorted/dysfunctional), so what's happening there can be seen as an anticipated natural evolution of purpose. Expect the same in any altcoin “community”.

Thank you for bearing with me, I offer it as a useful (perhaps even necessary) grounding for an appreciation of my next post ...

Cheers

Graham

ArchitektoR

Activity: 217
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 04:37:02 PM

Code:
$ cd slimcoin
$ git checkout master
$ qmake
$ make

Otherwise you will end up using the “old” client <- please note, this is necessarily not a problem in and of itself, merely not what you were expecting.

Thanks! Missed this moment - so the 530 block-stuck was from old version. Now recompiled from Master - will see how it works.

Is there any plans to add slimcoin support to NOMP pool? - Can host one for the tests on my server.
gjhiggins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2016, 05:52:14 PM

I shall whimsically title this post ‘Official’ considered harmful ...

In the Sterlingcoin thread, a poster recommended the livecoin.net cryptocurrency exchange as “user-friendly” and usefully included the terms and conditions for listing an altcoin https://www.livecoin.net/en/coin-listing.

I reproduce them here, for your consideration in the context of the inherent characteristics of a peer-to-peer networked cryptocurrency as described in posts passim.

If you own, develop or officially represent a coin, you may implement your coin to our Exchange by two ways. The coins implemented by the first way are in priority.

If your coin is based on bitcoin, implementation will cost 2 BTC. If your coin is based on any other technology, implementation will cost 2.5 BTC. You are to address support stuff and apply to implement a coin. Please provide the information about your coin listed below right away.
    The second way. Address our support and ask to add your coin to the vote section https://www.livecoin.net/voting/. It is free and there is no need in any data of the coin except for its name and trading symbol. After that you may ask your community to vote for your project or give paid votes by yourself (for more details see the vote section). Paid votes are not limited. The first coin in the voting list is taken under consideration to implement. The coin is implemented if it is technically available and a number of following conditions are met.

Provide the following data for your coin when applying for implementation.

Link to official git of your node.
    Link to thread at bitcointalk or any similar forum or the link to your own forum, and the link to official site of coin as well.
    Link to blockchain that must operate thoroughly.
    Make sure your git contents technical guide requisite for node compilation and setting.

The coin's developer is obliged to report all technical issues with coin, node, block explorer, and all the forks already happened in time. Likewise, reports on up-going forks have to come in advance. Developer is responsible for the case of losing the funds after forks or technical / security issues with node.

After the first consideration of your application we will offer you to transfer payment to indicated account if your coin implementation is technically available. We will start to work on your coin the next workday after we receive the funds. The coins based on bitcoin are implemented within 2-4 workdays usually. The coins based on other technologies are being implemented for a little longer period; specific period depends on your node's documentation quality and your willingness to answer quickly our technicians’ questions.

Note the loose, open-ended phrasing: “Developer is responsible for the case of losing the funds after forks or technical / security issues with node.”.

The attempt to hold the developer responsible for unlimited losses by the exchange is both unreasonable and impractical:
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY,
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE
AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER
LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM,
OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN
THE SOFTWARE.

But the whole thing is an entertaining epitome of asymmetrical information. Permit me to illustrate ...

The website's “User agreement” begins ...
This Agreement sets out the terms (“terms”) of the access offered to you to internal sections of the website Livecoin.net (“Website”) and to its trading platform (“Platform”). Please read these terms carefully and do not use the Website or the Platform, if you do not accept them. The Platform managed by Livecoin (“Service”), enables the buyers (“Buyer”) and sellers (“Seller”) to buy and sell goods online, known as “Cryptocurrency”.
and ends with:
If you have any questions related to these Terms, your rights and obligations arising from these Terms and / or use of the Website Site and the Platform, your account or on any other matter, please contact the Service Support team.

The privacy policy is equally coy:
Livecoin.net ("us", "we", or "our") operates www.livecoin.net (the "Site"). This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information we receive from users of the Site.
Your mission for today Jim, should you choose to accept it, is to establish the reference to the legal entity designated by the string “Livecoin.net”. A contract requires at least two parties, each of whom must be legally recognised entities in the appropriate geographically-limited legal jurisdiction. This is why in the UK, a company cannot form a legally-binding contract with a minor, the latter is not a recognised legal entity for the purposes of forming a contract. I think we can take it read these days that in the main, individual citizens of most nation states are ultimately canonically identifiable in the legal jurisdiction of their domain.

But what is the identity of (the ostensibly legally-identifiable entity) operating the exchange service who forms the other party of the contract with you?

Don’t make the (easy) mistake of inferring that the “Service Support Team” === Livecoin, there is no evidence to support that inference, the function may have been outsourced to a separate and entirely different legal entity, as is evidenced by the information provided for that entity:

Company: DELTA E-COMMERCE LTD
Name: SAID YUSIPOV
Position: director
Nationality: RUSSIAN
Start Date: 2012-07-17
https://opencorporates.com/officers/214378779

DELTA E-COMMERCE LTD
https://opencorporates.com/companies/gb/08146865
Suite B 29 Harley Street
London
W1G 9QR
United Kingdom

2014-07-31  2015-07-31
CASH AT BANK:             £1,980      £1,980
CURRENT ASSETS:           £1,980      £1,980
CURRENT LIABILITIES:        £980        £980

6,358 Companies in W1G 9PR http://www.endole.co.uk/explorer/company/postcode/w1g-9qr

Assigned SIC Codes 62012, 63120 and 62020:

- SIC Code 62012: Business and domestic software development
  - Business and domestic software development
  - Systems analysis (computer)
  - System maintenance and support services
  - Software systems maintenance services
  - Software house
  - Programming services for ready made business and domestic software
  - Made-to-order software
  - Designing of structure and content of business and domestic software databases
- SIC Code 63120: Web portals
  - Web search portals
- SIC Code 62020: Computer consultancy activities
  - Computer audit consultancy services
  - System software acceptance testing consultancy services
  - Software consultancy
  - Information technology consultancy activities
  - Information systems strategic review and planning services
  - Hardware installation services
  - Hardware disaster recovery services
  - Hardware consultancy

Unlike, say Bitspark, there is no reference in any of the above to any aspect of fintech regs - which is why it would be incorrect to infer that Livecoin.net === DELTA E-COMMERCE LTD because to be the operators of a UK-registered exchange, the latter would need to demonstrate compliance with the UK's KYC/AML regs.

So, the owners of the Livecoin.net cryptocurrency exchange (note not a UK-registered company) remain unidentified/unidentifiable yet insist that the users of a peer-to-peer networked cryptocurrency in which nodes are distinguishable only as numbers must ignore that reality and instead must fabricate a baseless social fiction of “official” where no such thing exists nor can that fiction be sustained (c.f. Bitcoin and its competing forks). It’s one construct of social fiction trying to replicate itself in what seems to it to be unoccupied territory (or, power vacuum).

This is why I try to be precise with terminology. I style myself as an unofficial contributor to an unofficial repository for an unofficial copy of an unofficial fork of an unofficial fork of an unofficial cryptocurrency.

To a Teal organisation, that should present no difficulty (and it doesn't). However, it is inimical to concepts inherent to a hierarchy, such as “official”, “registered”, “sanctioned”, “approved”, “compliant”, “governance”, “subordinate”, all of which are means of projecting or asserting power, for that is the core function of a hierarchy.

If not identified as such and firmly rejected, fictions aimed at mimicking the hierarchical projection of power such as a (bogus) imprimatur of “official” will impair the functioning and development of a Teal organisation by inhibiting its natural peer-to-peer communication, increasing the level of pluralistic ignorance and vitiating the development potential of a group of self-managing whole persons following an evolutionary approach.

I thought I should at least support my contention that exchanges are other people's business (literally).

I would like to stress that I'm not selling anything here, I'm just joining up the dots and looking closely at the implications of the picture that forms.

To that effect, I'm encouraged by the tenor of the collective effort here and the way it is developing. Very Teal and quite promising.

Cheers

Graham
ZzzzeyeZzzz

Activity: 377
Merit: 108

ChessCoin 1.4

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2016, 11:13:14 AM
Last edit: January 13, 2017, 08:02:02 AM by ZzzzeyeZzzz

Merry Christmas - Happy Holidays  Smiley

Take it easy...  Wink
Best regards

-Update to ChessCoin 1.2 -protocolversion 60014 -Blocktime 5min/ 21000 transaction
-Transactions costs 0.0001/ unlimited. https://github.com/AKKPP?tab=repositories
Tournament https://lichess.org/team/chesscoin032
gjhiggins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2016, 01:09:46 AM

Merry Christmas - Happy Holidays  Smiley
Take it easy...  Wink
Best regards

Yes, indeed. Season’s greetings.

Cheers

Graham
gjhiggins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2016, 04:31:32 AM

The OS X build works and is stable.

Download links for compiled apps: https://minkiz.co/noodle/9

Work-in-progress instructions for making your own:

The following guide assumes you have a clean install of MacOS Sierra for your build environment

See this tutorial to get MacOS Sierra running on Windows in VMware Player.

If compiling on Windows, also enable Remote Login in System Preferences > Sharing to allow SSH login.

MacOS Sierra requires QT 5.7.0, previous versions of QT are not supported. In turn, QT 5.7.0 requires C++11 support from the full version of XCode not just the command-line tools. XCode is available free from the Apple Developer site and XCode 8.2 is assumed to be installed.

Install Homebrew

The recommended way of installing the Homebrew OS X package manager is via Terminal command:

Code:
ruby -e "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/master/install)"

About Homebrew

Homebrew is tractable:

The standard script installs Homebrew to /usr/local so that you don’t need sudo when you brew install. It is a careful script, it can be run even if you have stuff installed to /usr/local already. It tells you exactly what it will do before it does it too. And you have to confirm everything it will do before it starts.

How do I uninstall Homebrew?

To uninstall Homebrew, paste the command below in a terminal prompt.
Code:
ruby -e "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/master/uninstall)"

Install SLIMCoin dependencies

Choose “berkeley-db4” for best backwards-compatibility, “berkeley-db” for the latest version (6.1.2).

Code:
brew install autoconf automake libtool miniupnpc openssl pkg-config
brew install boost protobuf libevent libqrencode
# brew install berkeley-db4
brew install berkeley-db
brew install qt5 --with-dbus
brew link qt5 --force --overwrite

(May just be brew install qt5, I need to re-check that with a fresh build)

Compile SLIMCoin.app

In a new Terminal window:

Code:
git clone https://github.com/slimcoin-project/slimcoin.git
cd slimcoin
/usr/local/opt/qt/bin/qmake RELEASE=1 USE_UPNP=1 USE_QRCODE=1 slimcoin-qt.pro
make
export QTDIR=/usr/local/opt/qt5
T=$(contrib/qt_translations.py $QTDIR/translations src/qt/locale)
python2.7 contrib/macdeploy/macdeployqtplus  -add-qt-tr $T -dmg -fancy contrib/macdeploy/fancy.plist SLIMCoin-Qt.app

(Not sure about the full-path qmake call, maybe just qmake, need to check on fresh build)

In the final stages of the process, windows will be created and closed during the process of creating the SLIMCoin-Qt.dmg --- which will be saved in the slimcoin folder.

Cheers

Graham
gavrilo77

Activity: 819
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 08:34:28 AM

Season`s Greetings!!!
zodiac3011

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 09:15:08 AM

I would love to support this coin so much. how can I use the bootstrap at all? it doesn't seem to work...
gavrilo77

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 09:24:41 AM

I would love to support this coin so much. how can I use the bootstrap at all? it doesn't seem to work...

I have put link somewhere above. Just copy it in your app data folder
gjhiggins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2016, 09:35:16 AM

I've never yet managed to get Slimcoin to read a bootstrap file successfully on any platform.

IME, it does fully sync, eventually.

Cheers

Graham
zodiac3011

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 03:14:13 PM

Well the wallet didn't read the file unfortunately

I've never yet managed to get Slimcoin to read a bootstrap file successfully on any platform.

Cheers

Graham

it takes tons of time lol but it will be done. I have to restart wallet to keep it running as it halts sometimes
gavrilo77

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 03:25:29 PM

Cheers

Graham

it takes tons of time lol but it will be done. I have to restart wallet to keep it running as it halts sometimes

Strange. Because i was using the same files to install the client on another computer

I will upload once again and i will post it
zodiac3011

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 03:32:06 PM

Cheers

Graham

Strange. Because i was using the same files to install the client on another computer

I am using this version please have a look: vSLMCOIN_VERSION_MAJOR.SLMCOIN_VERSION_MINOR.SLMCOIN_VERSION_REVISION.SLMCOIN_V ERSION_BUILD-g154b52a-alpha
gavrilo77

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 03:37:05 PM

Cheers

Graham

I am using this version please have a look: vSLMCOIN_VERSION_MAJOR.SLMCOIN_VERSION_MINOR.SLMCOIN_VERSION_REVISION.SLMCOIN_V ERSION_BUILD-g154b52a-alpha

Try to put only database folder, blk0001.dat and blkindex.dat in your appdata/roaming/Slimcoin folder from .rar. Yes this is the build i am using
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 159 »
  Print  

Jump to: