Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:06:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [LIKELY SCAM - ABANDONED THREAD] CloudThink.IO NEW 8TH/s Imperator Bitcoin Miner  (Read 9915 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Prelude
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 01:23:46 AM

I don't think anyone is surprised by the turn of events. What I find surprising is that this wasn't dragged on for longer than a day.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
trinaldao
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

Post your ann & bounty just contact me

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2015, 01:35:49 AM

HOW ABOUT YOUR LAST GIVE AWAY PACKAGE ?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1093345.0

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
PPOC

Activity: 575
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 01:44:20 AM

Nice, removing truth from this forum! Way to go!

You have just been sent a personal message by Bitcoin Forum on Bitcoin Forum.

IMPORTANT: Remember, this is just a notification. Please do not reply to this email.

The message they sent you was:

A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.

Quote from: rikkie on August 03, 2015, 05:35:24 PM
Quote from: jmumich on August 03, 2015, 05:21:04 PM
Quote from: alh on August 03, 2015, 04:24:38 PM
Even if you can't get one of their new units, their website suggests that you buy an S5 for $199.  Might be a good consolation prize.

While I told them I'd be happy to review a test unit for them, I can tell you that this alone raises red flags for me.

There's no reason to sell an S5 for $199. The market price is twice that.

The hardware has been used, this is why the price is so low. We no longer need this equipment.

How about you refund my 14 BTC or actually ship me the S5's I ordered 3 weeks ago!

We have received all required funds for your payment of 7.26439100 BTC to Cloud Think Mining Ltd. and your payment is now Complete.
The transaction ID of this payment is: 492daf46a98baea68e8eee9cb152c4711f4f33b8ad1b9fb7593c3bef46d52a9d

We have received all required funds for your payment of 3.74955900 BTC to Cloud Think Mining Ltd. and your payment is now Complete.
The transaction ID of this payment is: 3f35feeee2bc244045249d1c9ab054a754bf7078d0496a61f1cbb29b5e06d01e

We have received all required funds for your payment of 3.03512700 BTC to Cloud Think Mining Ltd. and your payment is now Complete.
The transaction ID of this payment is: 6398ea47da3d43c13ae9e39a4ec4fdc390c324e873f5446444d82bfb1a1e810d

BTC: 1Bo6YsPeHCrVRygHLJg9BwHeaLSQpppcJi
"Lost coins only make everyone else’s coins worth slightly more. Think of it as a donation to everyone."
Rabinovitch
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076

BTCLife.global participant

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 02:33:47 AM
Last edit: August 05, 2015, 04:46:56 AM by Rabinovitch

Hello Everyone,

If you ... are an important figure in this domain, please apply to this thread, by PM or by email: support@cloudthink.io

Thank you!

Hello! Nice move!

E-mail sent, PM sent, waiting for feedback.  Roll Eyes

From Siberia with love! Hosting by Rabinovitch!
Fundraising for BOINC Farm
Пpoфeccиoнaльнo зaнимaюcь paзвёpтывaниeм фepм (ASIC, GPU, BURST, STORJ, Filecoin), oбopyдoвaниeм пoмeщeний для мaйнингa.
Bitcondor

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 02:58:04 AM

SCAM. Don't trust anything from cloudthink.io, known for making fake/shill accounts.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 07:19:36 AM

Actually, the 3x1600 watt PS is one of the few believeable things. Look up the size of a 1600 watt 1u server power supply sometime - 3 of them wouldn't be much bigger than a typical 1200-1300 watt normal ATX power supply in total volume - longer, but lower height if you stacked them side-by-side.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
MoonOfLife

Activity: 714
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 07:24:44 AM

richard ,

please paid your advertise topic please ...

im waiting it for 2weeks and still didnt get the payment

link topic : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1118143.msg12034666#msg12034666
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 10:21:35 PM

Can you provide pictures of your S5's or SP31's mining? Apologies to any UK miners out there but the UK seems to be the haven for these kinds of scams. You told me in my PM it was not possible to pick these miners up in person.

It is only possible to pickup Imperator Miners from or UK Headquarters but only for testing purposes.

If you really have offices in Manchester please have a sign made up for your office so that I can call into office as last time I been at so called location of business is not your business premises and a totally different company.

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
baristor

Activity: 636
Merit: 262

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 10:48:00 PM

Count me in ,, Ill send a message and see if I can get a test unit to review on the forums b4 people start screaming Skam
Rabinovitch
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 03:14:59 AM

They have started already.  Wink

Пpoфeccиoнaльнo зaнимaюcь paзвёpтывaниeм фepм (ASIC, GPU, BURST, STORJ, Filecoin), oбopyдoвaниeм пoмeщeний для мaйнингa.
alh
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1050

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 05:31:15 AM

So is the scam the used S5's for sale at below market prices? While the Imperator feels like vaporware, it's hard to see an actual scam without any money being sent in. Just trying to understand the thinking. The whole thing feel really odd to me.
tmfp
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737

"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 07:20:15 AM

Count me in ,, Ill send a message and see if I can get a test unit to review on the forums b4 people start screaming Skam

People have been saying Scam for the last two months.
Seeing as, from your previous posts, your mining expertise stretches to "I finally decided to get into the mining game" only yesterday, what do you think qualifies you to review anything?

So is the scam the used S5's for sale at below market prices? While the Imperator feels like vaporware, it's hard to see an actual scam without any money being sent in. Just trying to understand the thinking. The whole thing feel really odd to me.

Agree that it's very odd.
The S5 situation seems to be that the only people saying that they have actually received any hardware are obvious shill accounts on here and on Reddit.
There is a forum member who has paid for S5's and heard nothing since payment was confirmed, so he has contacted the UK authorities.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1074272.msg11992847

Extraordinary Claims require Extraordinary Evidence
Xandrah

Activity: 272
Merit: 260

Pool Owner

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 08:56:44 AM

Seeing as, from your previous posts, your mining expertise stretches to "I finally decided to get into the mining game" only yesterday, what do you think qualifies you to review anything?

The S5 situation seems to be that the only people saying that they have actually received any hardware are obvious shill accounts on here and on Reddit.
There is a forum member who has paid for S5's and heard nothing since payment was confirmed, so he has contacted the UK authorities.

I think most of the accounts who keep saying "put my name down for one of those miners" are shill accounts.
tmfp
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 09:04:54 AM

I think most of the accounts who keep saying "put my name down for one of those miners" are shill accounts.

Possibly, but the ones I've looked at tend to be mainly old miners genuinely interested but cynical, or faucet lickers like the one above who apply for anything.
It will be interesting to see
A) If any units turn up
B) What they are

Whatever happens, it seems that CT have painted themselves into a corner this time.

If these Impersonator things don't exist/work, then the whole house of cards falls down.

Tigggger
Legendary

Activity: 1098

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 09:48:53 AM

Possibly, but the ones I've looked at tend to be mainly old miners genuinely interested but cynical, or faucet lickers like the one above who apply for anything.

I did have a post up offering to go to Manchester and look at them and take one away to test as I am only 30 minutes away, I didn't even want to keep it as it would use more electric than it will generate but figured it would answer if they exist or not.

However after some more reading of other threads, obvious scam was obvious and not worth my time so I deleted it.

PS tmfp, love the sig Smiley

Rabinovitch
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 10:07:58 AM

Somewhy I haven't received a feedback yet.  Huh

tmfp
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 10:28:53 AM

I did have a post up offering to go to Manchester and look at them and take one away to test as I am only 30 minutes away, I didn't even want to keep it as it would use more electric than it will generate but figured it would answer if they exist or not.

However after some more reading of other threads, obvious scam was obvious and not worth my time so I deleted it.

PS tmfp, love the sig Smiley

Would be cool if you could, at least try and locate them in the building would be a start. Crazyearner got met with blank looks when he went there, but it would be nice to have confirmation.
Bizarrely, I was in that street working about five years ago, but now am 100's of miles away unfortunately.

Yeah the sig, you're welcome to share, but it's the worst paying campaign on the forum. Smiley
Theymos should be receiving court papers about it soon I should think, seeing as CloudThink reckon they have copywritten everything.
 Roll Eyes

Tigggger
Legendary

Activity: 1098

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 10:48:54 AM

Would be cool if you could, at least try and locate them in the building would be a start. Crazyearner got met with blank looks when he went there, but it would be nice to have confirmation.
Bizarrely, I was in that street working about five years ago, but now am 100's of miles away unfortunately.

Yeah the sig, you're welcome to share, but it's the worst paying campaign on the forum. Smiley
Theymos should be receiving court papers about it soon I should think, seeing as CloudThink reckon they have copywritten everything.
 Roll Eyes

I seem to remember reading that a couple of people had tried and they just aren't there, if I'm in the area will pop in for sure but not making a special trip.

The fact they have stopped deleting posts in this thread shows that they have given up on this for the moment.

I doubt you are losing any sleep over the threat of impending lawsuits Tongue

markj113
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 07:57:43 PM

My new review Imperator is running amazingly well, pulling zero watts at the wall and running really cool.

On the bad side its hash rate is fluctuating between fuck all and zero and is in fact invisible, much like the scammer rikkie has been since this abortion of scam/promotion started.

Still cant work out what his angle was in this scam, think he needs to get back to his day job of licking windows at the back of the bus.

Xandrah

Activity: 272
Merit: 260

Pool Owner

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 08:03:03 PM

You know whats worrying about this? People have actually paid for this scam. https://www.coinpayments.net/feedback-f7b379d69934abd94036f0596913d417
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: