Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:52:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcointalk Account price estimator  (Read 164794 times)
Financial_Genius

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 11:02:47 PM

seems like a great idea Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
AncilVTwo

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 12:16:24 AM

the site didnt work for me before ( it always used to get stuck on processing for me ), but today it seemed to have work  Grin.
B4RF

Activity: 813
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 03:16:43 PM

the site didnt work for me before ( it always used to get stuck on processing for me ), but today it seemed to have work  Grin.

Was the same for me.
I was always in queue at 8th position or so and didn't gain any postions.
But I tried it some days later again and it worked fine.

Although this makes no difference because no one will get these huge prices for any account I guess.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
▀██████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████
BTC  ◉PLAY  ◉XMR  ◉DOGE  ◉BCH  ◉STRAT  ◉ETH  ◉GAS  ◉LTC  ◉DASH  ◉PPC
     ▄▄██████████████▄▄
  ▄██████████████████████▄        █████
▄██████████████████████████▄      █████
████ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ████     ▄██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ▄██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ██
████ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ████ ▄██████▄
████████████████████████████ ████████
███████▀            ▀███████ ▀██████▀
█████▀                ▀█████
▀██████████████████████████▀
  ▀▀████████████████████▀▀ 
✔️DICE           
✔️BLACKJACK
✔️PLINKO
✔️VIDEO POKER
✔️ROULETTE     
✔️LOTTO
XinXan

Activity: 1064
Merit: 505

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 08:13:04 PM

Was the same for me.
I was always in queue at 8th position or so and didn't gain any postions.
But I tried it some days later again and it worked fine.

Although this makes no difference because no one will get these huge prices for any account I guess.

What were the prices? It always depends on how many sig campaigns are active and what they are paying, if the site could also have in count if the account was banned before that would be really helpful to determine the price of it.
achow101 (OP)
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6581

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2015, 08:16:56 PM

What were the prices? It always depends on how many sig campaigns are active and what they are paying, if the site could also have in count if the account was banned before that would be really helpful to determine the price of it.
It is not possible to count if the account was banned before, or at least I don't know how. I think the only way to know is if the banned message shows up when logging in and whether you remember that the account was banned before. If there are publicly available logs of bans, then please let me know.

notaek
Legendary

Activity: 1268
Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2015, 09:19:10 PM

Please try to lessen the 10 minutes limitation to at least 5 minute or release an offline version of the script so that anyone can use it with XAMPP or any other local web-servers without the need for waiting like this!
Reset it for you. Should work. I did not remove the time restriction yet. I will do that later.

Unfortunately, the way that I wrote the site makes it so that it is kind of hard to run it yourself, it is just part of the way I wrote it since I used Java and not PHP or any web language (I don't know PHP well enough to write a script with it). You will need Apache tomcat to run it,

Worked fine now! Thanks. Besides that, I noticed the price of all accounts are displaying quite low compared to the price generally sold by the members of this forum. Can you please calibrate the script? Maybe it's not matching after the recent price rise!

achow101 (OP)
Staff
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2015, 04:07:15 AM

I have reduced the wait time to 5 minutes.

XinXan

Activity: 1064
Merit: 505

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 09:53:33 AM

It is not possible to count if the account was banned before, or at least I don't know how. I think the only way to know is if the banned message shows up when logging in and whether you remember that the account was banned before. If there are publicly available logs of bans, then please let me know.

Im pretty sure I have seen on the ''meta'' section before that someone mentioned something about seeing ban logs but only some of them not all, I will try to find it. By the way when I try to use your website there is always queue and it just stops there.
xdrpx

Activity: 616
Merit: 603

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 01:48:33 PM

I tried the account price estimator yesterday, took it quite a while to estimate the price of my account and I was 1 behind the 9th in the queue. I did wait for about 15-20 mins and gave up later. Checked today morning and it has already calculated my price. Overall, I like the parameters you're considering to estimate the price of the accounts, but I'd love to see it speed up the calculation process a bit.
achow101 (OP)
Staff
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2015, 02:12:13 PM

I tried the account price estimator yesterday, took it quite a while to estimate the price of my account and I was 1 behind the 9th in the queue. I did wait for about 15-20 mins and gave up later. Checked today morning and it has already calculated my price. Overall, I like the parameters you're considering to estimate the price of the accounts, but I'd love to see it speed up the calculation process a bit.
The queue system is a little broken. It works sometimes but if a lot of people are using it simultaneously, it can fail. That was probably what you were waiting for.

The actual calculation cannot be sped up since bitcointalk imposes a restriction of 1 request per second so the calculation cannot go any faster since it needs to request each page of your post history from businesslike which can sometimes take a while with the restriction.

achow101 (OP)
Staff
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2015, 01:33:15 PM
Last edit: November 16, 2015, 04:41:38 AM by knightdk

Unfortunately there is something wrong with my server right now, so the website is down. I am trying to fix it however I won't be home until 8 tonight ET and I won't be able to access the server until then.

Edit: problem has been fixed

zencomp

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

★ Nakedbitcoins.com ★

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 04:35:45 AM

today only saw your thread and i also went to your site and tried my account and wow i got the result within seconds , but what the estimator price you are quoting through your software will i get if i am going to sell the account. just asking in excitement

notaek
Legendary

Activity: 1268
Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2015, 05:13:02 PM

today only saw your thread and i also went to your site and tried my account and wow i got the result within seconds , but what the estimator price you are quoting through your software will i get if i am going to sell the account. just asking in excitement

The price of accounts that are currently displaying here is quite low compared to the price generally sold by the members on this forum. You can head on to the digital goods section and can get to know about it yourself.

HarryKPeters

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 10:58:24 PM

Unfortunately there is something wrong with my server right now, so the website is down. I am trying to fix it however I won't be home until 8 tonight ET and I won't be able to access the server until then.

Does your site use caching, or are accounts and post updated with every request to the server?

achow101 (OP)
Staff
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2015, 12:56:43 AM

Does your site use caching, or are accounts and post updated with every request to the server?
They are calculated on the spot by grabbing all of the show posts pages from the profile and then scraping them for the time posted in order to calculate the potential activity.

achow101 (OP)
Staff
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2015, 12:58:14 AM

The price of accounts that are currently displaying here is quite low compared to the price generally sold by the members on this forum. You can head on to the digital goods section and can get to know about it yourself.
Is it really? I thought I was still overestimating the prices. Can you give me some examples? From what I can find, it looks like it is still close.

crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 07:15:06 AM

As far as I know, selling accounts is illegal so I really do not understand why this thread is still around. When you sell your account, all you do is enable scammers to scam other people who rely on BTT reputation. Fuck that.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
jacktheking
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Personal Text Space Not For Sale

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 07:19:05 AM

As far as I know, selling accounts is illegal so I really do not understand why this thread is still around. When you sell your account, all you do is enable scammers to scam other people who rely on BTT reputation. Fuck that.

From what I seen and heard so far ... it is not illegal. In fact there is a few Bitcointalk accounts being sold and bought every week (or even day). I think it is illegal in the past but so far I have never heard of anyone being banned from buying or selling of account.

So sad! This profile does not appear as the #1 result (on anonymous) Google searches anymore.

Time to be active on the crypto forums again? Proud to be one of the few Legendary members of the Sparkie Red Dot!

Gonna put this on my resume if I ever join a cryptocurrency/blockchain industry!
mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1003

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 07:27:05 AM

As far as I know, selling accounts is (not) illegal so I really do not understand why this thread is still around. When you sell your account, all you do is enable scammers to scam other people who rely on BTT reputation. Fuck that.
Read up rule 18 again:

18. Having multiple accounts and account sales are allowed, but account sales are discouraged.
At any rate, most people buy account for Signature campaign.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2015, 07:28:45 AM

From what I seen and heard so far ... it is not illegal. In fact there is a few Bitcointalk accounts being sold and bought every week (or even day). I think it is illegal in the past but so far I have never heard of anyone being banned from buying or selling of account.

Its not illegal nor is it against the forum rules (see mexxer-2's post for a ref). It was common to leave negative rep on bought accounts for a while, but this only lead to brand new accounts doing the sales (with the rare exception). There is also the argument that buying and selling accounts in combination with paid signatures makes it more difficult for scammers to ROI on a bought account. Since there is an honest way to ROI from a bought account prices are higher than they would be otherwise, which increases the amount someone needs to scam with a bought account. This in turn makes the scam less likely to happen or more difficult to pull off.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  

Jump to: