Bitcoin Forum
July 01, 2024, 12:33:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto Kingdom Ultima Version Development Thread  (Read 24627 times)
MoneroMooo
Legendary

Activity: 1276
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 07:03:43 AM

I now see the character screen for xulescu (char id 24), instead of mine (char id 88)...

I did not re-login, I just reused the tab I was logged in yesterday.

The promotion history has incorrect years for the first two (381 and 1).
boolberry

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 07:11:37 AM

When is the data migration expected to be finished?
Wizard Developer P.J.

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 07:16:54 AM

Moving / updating data from Google DB to Ultima is complete.

We are now in the phase of validating is data correct and is any issue popup, which i trying to fix in shortest period possible.
I believe most of the issue are already solved, but (like any software) you can't be 100% sure, except to test it rigorously. Smiley

Anyway, during today, rest of the accounts should be delivered to their owners and bugs found should be cleared too..

Best,
PJ Wizard Developer
Wizard Developer P.J.

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 07:18:07 AM

I now see the character screen for xulescu (char id 24), instead of mine (char id 88)...

I did not re-login, I just reused the tab I was logged in yesterday.

The promotion history has incorrect years for the first two (381 and 1).

Please, re-login and test is everything show correctly now, since i did reset accounts last night.
Sorry for inconvenience.
MoneroMooo
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 08:09:51 AM

Re-login works, but it does hint at easily brute-forceable access to others' data.

A couple things are still wrong after re-login:

- I am still shows as marquess, and the promotion history still includes marquess and other noble promotions I do not have (I double checked the Google DB does not have a marquess date for me)
- in "Edit profile", the decorations link on the left side shows 0, but there are 4 when you click on it

Edit: Agora market lists are still empty (CSS issue, as pappa_lazzarou found yesterday, adding display:block to the table makes it visible in Firefox).
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 10:36:47 AM

Re-login works, but it does hint at easily brute-forceable access to others' data.

- Others' data is freely viewable by all.
- Others' password security is up to them; the temp passwords have been specified to 36 bits, which is well enough for everything you can possibly do with them. Withdrawals require that you have both claimed and activated your account, the latter requiring password change

A couple things are still wrong after re-login:

- I am still shows as marquess, and the promotion history still includes marquess and other noble promotions I do not have (I double checked the Google DB does not have a marquess date for me)
- in "Edit profile", the decorations link on the left side shows 0, but there are 4 when you click on it

Edit: Agora market lists are still empty (CSS issue, as pappa_lazzarou found yesterday, adding display:block to the table makes it visible in Firefox).

Thanks. We made a mistake in the process which delayed us. All data is safe.

More updates in a minute.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
noms

Activity: 220
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 10:39:39 AM

looks good so far!

One feature request: not important now but a thought-when viewing items in agora marketplace/my items, have the table headers be sticky so you always know what you're looking at.

Monero.
MoneroMooo
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 10:54:42 AM

Another bug I saw just now:

Yesterday, I said "Hello everyone!" in chat in the King's castle.
Today, I went back there, and I see this line, but it's shown as being from Black Widow.
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 11:26:40 AM

Another bug I saw just now:

Yesterday, I said "Hello everyone!" in chat in the King's castle.
Today, I went back there, and I see this line, but it's shown as being from Black Widow.

Hey you are a programmer, so you know that this is caused by a linking/parsing error in the DB, which in the end arises from the need to handle objects with history and existing id_spaces. Every time we reimport stuff, if the parser reads the wrong columns, the results are hilarious. It is corrected by making sure the datatype from where to read exactly matches that where to write.

The need and permissions to reimport have just been cut to zero, this is why it is called "migration of master data".  Grin

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
noms

Activity: 220
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 12:26:53 PM

bugs:

* When I click on my player items, I can see them all. However, when i filter with a category by clicking on a left-hand-nav menu item, nothing comes up.
* Built area = 0, when it should be higher than that.
* Promotion history has me promoted to grand duke and king in the user profile.
* Level = 15 (King) in user profile. This isn't right.
* Stone level is 77m, I should have around 12m.
* I have all the earned decorations. I shouldn't have Knight Commander in the Order of the Core Team, for example.

Monero.
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 12:45:23 PM

bugs:

* When I click on my player items, I can see them all. However, when i filter with a category by clicking on a left-hand-nav menu item, nothing comes up.
* Built area = 0, when it should be higher than that.
* Promotion history has me promoted to grand duke and king in the user profile.
* Level = 15 (King) in user profile. This isn't right.
* Stone level is 77m, I should have around 12m.
* I have all the earned decorations. I shouldn't have Knight Commander in the Order of the Core Team, for example.

We had a late erroneous data import yesterday which was intended to fix some UI-related bug.

The import needed to be reversed from the original google DB data that was then master.

Now our situation is that the bug that caused the whole chain of events need to be fixed, and then the "original masterdata" reimported, and hoped that the changelog (luckily there are little changes you can do to Character table yourself) still works, else the (few) changes made to Characters in the last 18 hours will be lost.

Tongue Nothing serious, just work. It was bad luck to first test 6 hours for data validity, and then practically right after pronouncing the data as final, mess it up anyway.  Tongue

PJ and I are both working and once there is something to report, we will do it.

For now, it's good if you postpone login attempts before the system is back in stable mode.

Kushedout
Legendary

Activity: 1123
Merit: 1000

SaluS - (SLS)

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 05:48:50 PM

My Admin level is set too high.

I am able to give myself any decoration or promote to any level.
Not sure if this effects everyone.

Thanks,

-Kushed

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 05:58:36 PM

As I mentioned in the main thread, now we are giving the claimed accounts to their holders, in order for them to:

- login
- change the password
- check that their data is correct
- enjoy the features, including the exchange where 100% functionality is not reached but all wrongly matched trades (ones not corresponding to your bid/ask, which have not been experienced btw.) will be rolled back.

papa_lazzarou

Activity: 649
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 05:59:26 PM

Thanks,

-Kushed

Same here. Promotions and decorations.
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 06:15:06 PM

Thanks,

-Kushed

This ability was removed from permissions level 1. Thank you for noticing Smiley

papa_lazzarou

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 06:18:27 PM

Thanks,

-Kushed

This ability was removed from permissions level 1. Thank you for noticing Smiley

There is still a link allowing you to add decorations if you don't have any.
"There is no decorations for this character. Add new?"
papa_lazzarou

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 06:20:45 PM

The items don't have the color descriptor.
Kushedout
Legendary

Activity: 1123
Merit: 1000

SaluS - (SLS)

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 06:25:51 PM

Two more bugs.

1) I was able to select a Age from a drop down list within profile settings, was able to save the change with no errors, though the actual change does not take effect. Never the less, might cause confusion.

2) I was able to manually edit my level from Expert to  "Super  Expert"

Will keep digging.

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 06:35:13 PM

Two more bugs.

1) I was able to select a Age from a drop down list within profile settings, was able to save the change with no errors, though the actual change does not take effect. Never the less, might cause confusion.

2) I was able to manually edit my level from Expert to  "Super  Expert"

Will keep digging.

1) Some misunderstanding and/or permissions thing. "Age" is not even a data field, it is a script field, making it impossible to edit even by me.

2) What you are editing is your "Title" and that is something we seek to keep open for everyone to edit for themselves. This would mean that they must exercise judgment what to put there, and will receive punishment such as fines if they use restricted titles, eg. claiming to be a "Wizard", which requires being or having been in L7. "Super Expert" is probably fine. Besides, you should be a Master already...

MoneroMooo
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 06:38:47 PM

All seems to be fixed, except those two:

- in "Edit profile", the decorations link on the left side shows 0, but there are 4 when you click on it (very minor, probably not worth fixing now)

- Agora market lists are still empty (CSS issue, as pappa_lazzarou found yesterday, adding display:block to the table makes it visible in Firefox).

That second one means I can't use the market except if I edit the DOM every time the page loads to find the table and add a display:block, which nobody will realistically do. Apparently it works in Chrome but not Firefox.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: