Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:39:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto Kingdom Ultima Version Development Thread  (Read 24621 times)
saddambitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 12:46:50 PM

Next steps:
- Linking google database with Ultima (this new UI one) and automatic update without need to change data manually anymore

Hi PJ

One thing I found that helped me pull data out of the Google DB is using an intermediate sheet to link only the data I want using =IMPORTRANGE("). Then grab the data from that sheet (I used Tabletop.js library), easy way to ignore all the data that doesn't need to be imported.

For example:
Code:
=IMPORTRANGE("1tgIzgMza7NQsTpMO9pHke1ZVXYH7l5Sj5bHdZHItivo", "trade_gold!C7")

Anyway, I am just a beginner developer so perhaps you have a better solution!

Getting ahead of myself:
I also found this resource to be of use, in case you are considering implementing two way changes to the DB at some point:
https://mashe.hawksey.info/2014/07/google-sheets-as-a-database-insert-with-apps-script-using-postget-methods-with-ajax-example/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
saddambitcoin
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 01:08:15 AM
Last edit: August 07, 2015, 01:14:24 PM by saddambitcoin

I am also getting an error, except this time its at line 255. Guessing you probably know this but just in case!

Code:
Type: PDOException
Code: 1045
Message: SQLSTATE[28000] [1045] Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
File: /var/www/html/releases/20150806130045/vendor/j4mie/idiorm/idiorm.php
Line: 255

Trace

#0 /var/www/html/releases/20150806130045/vendor/j4mie/idiorm/idiorm.php(255): PDO->__construct('mysql:host=loca...', 'root', '*****', NULL)
#1 /var/www/html/releases/20150806130045/vendor/j4mie/idiorm/idiorm.php(237): ORM::_setup_db('default')
#2 /var/www/html/releases/20150806130045/app/models/PlayerModel.php(190): ORM::for_table('player')
#3 /var/www/html/releases/20150806130045/app/models/PlayerModel.php(51): CryptoKingdom\PlayerModel::checkUsername('*****@gm...')
#4 /var/www/html/releases/20150806130045/app/controllers/PlayerController.php(29): CryptoKingdom\PlayerModel::registerPlayer(Array)
#5 /var/www/html/releases/20150806130045/app/bootstrap/routes.player.php(45): CryptoKingdom\PlayerController::registerPlayer(Array)
#6 [internal function]: {closure}()
#7 /var/www/html/releases/20150806130045/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/Route.php(468): call_user_func_array(Object(Closure), Array)
#8 /var/www/html/releases/20150806130045/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/Slim.php(1357): Slim\Route->dispatch()
#9 /var/www/html/releases/20150806130045/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/Middleware/Flash.php(85): Slim\Slim->call()
#10 /var/www/html/releases/20150806130045/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/Middleware/MethodOverride.php(92): Slim\Middleware\Flash->call()
#11 /var/www/html/releases/20150806130045/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/Middleware/PrettyExceptions.php(67): Slim\Middleware\MethodOverride->call()
#12 /var/www/html/releases/20150806130045/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/Slim.php(1302): Slim\Middleware\PrettyExceptions->call()
#13 /var/www/html/releases/20150806130045/app/bootstrap/start.php(76): Slim\Slim->run()
#14 /var/www/html/releases/20150806130045/app/bootstrap/setup.php(55): require_once('/var/www/html/r...')
#15 /var/www/html/releases/20150806130045/index.php(8): require_once('/var/www/html/r...')
#16 /var/www/html/index.php(2): require_once('/var/www/html/r...')
#17 {main}

Wizard Developer P.J.

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 07:53:26 AM

Hello,

Issue you experienced is fixed and live now. Thanks for letting me know.

I found a working solution how to implement all data from google sheet database  to Ultima and it will be live in a few hours max. Stay tuned Smiley

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 08:30:21 AM
Last edit: August 07, 2015, 09:31:19 AM by rpietila

The next focus points will be:
- Finalising the Character Screen to show all the needed info, viewable, editable and hidable, with permissions
- Finding a solution to the data synchronising between googleDB and Ultima; how to transfer data both ways (and if not possible, how does it affect)
- Mapping the land and having a land create editor.

In Ultima, Borough is a basic unit of land, and the whole world consists of a (x,y) grid of boroughs, which are centered on the Obelisk. Most of the boroughs are rural, and are not very interesting. If the borough is urban, it is subdivided to 9 chapelries and these further to 150x100 "2D grid atoms", 1x1 m in size. A "lot" is one or more of these land atoms, but maximum one chapelry. Lots can be of any size and shape.

When land is "created", Town urbanizes a borough, so it becomes 9 lots, each 1 chapelry in size. These are sold to the land developers at 1,000 mil each. The land developers would typically quarry them first, and then landscape, terraform, garden, etc. the areas and divide them to lots of preferred size. (Lot borders can be defined by corner points or visually). Then the new lots can be put to the market.

The Kingdom of Crypto Kingdom consists of about 1 million boroughs. In the city, it is relevant to subdivide one borough to hundreds of pieces. In the countryside, it is relevant to combine 10,000s of boroughs to Duchies.

As for Lots, the current thinking is to create the Lot editor, and add the Lots via the editor by a few admins. Admins, stay tuned today - we might have the lot registry ready sooner than you expect, but only if you help!  Cheesy

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
Professor James Moriarty
aka TheTortoise

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 12:16:10 PM

#0 /var/www/html/releases/20150806130045/vendor/j4mie/idiorm/idiorm.php(255): PDO->__construct('mysql:host=loca...', 'root', 'VKBC8y07dy', NULL)

PDO->__construct('mysql:host=loca...', 'root', 'VKBC8y07dy', NULL)

'root', 'VKBC8y07dy'

VKBC8y07dy

Maybe you need to let professionals do this instead of some amateur who doesn't know what he's doing. Letting a web application use root access to mysql is stupid but revealing the password in your public error trace is just messed up. You guys are going to lose everyone's money, mtgox 2.0
saddambitcoin
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 01:27:41 PM

I had a feeling I should have blocked that out. Thank you Professor, for pointing out the security issue.

To address your concerns about money, 99% of user funds are being stored in a cold wallet. The rest is not even able to be accessed by this front end or stored in the db for that matter.

Beyond that, in the future viewkeys will be published so that anyone can independently verify the balances on their own.

I think the point of the development being out in the open like this is to quickly identify bugs and security flaws before progressing, and so far it seems to be working.

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 01:32:53 PM

Dear Professor,

As can be seen from the thread title, this is a development environment. We are using agile+scrum methodology, which is the reason that stuff normally confined to the devs only in their offline systems, are now visible to the whole community (and everyone) online. The community input and testing forms a very important boost enabling to get it done fast and right.  Smiley

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
Professor James Moriarty
aka TheTortoise

Activity: 434

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 04:51:10 PM

Dear Professor,

As can be seen from the thread title, this is a development environment. We are using agile+scrum methodology, which is the reason that stuff normally confined to the devs only in their offline systems, are now visible to the whole community (and everyone) online. The community input and testing forms a very important boost enabling to get it done fast and right.  Smiley

lol 'agile+scrum'

Don't use buzzwords you don't understand. This is obviously written by an incompetent amateur and is going to be a nightmare.

I'll leave this here http://seclists.org/fulldisclosure/2015/Mar/16
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 05:32:36 PM

A quick conversation with the Wizard revealed that the so-called "password visible" was in fact nothing that could be utilized, just a lame attempt to derail our development.

So the so-called "professor" can consider going to other threads to be disrespectful to other people. This is the ban from this thread, any further posts will be reported.

Thank you and hope to see you never again! Smiley

Troll caution: There is no shortage of paid harassment and/or disillusioned supporters of shitcoins that pose as something knowledgeable and spread FUD. Writing to this thread is forbidden for future trolls, and if needed, one more self-moderated thread will be created to keep "professors" out of our game. Sorry for all the others.

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 05:33:53 PM

Phew, a full 48 hours without malicious feedback  Tongue Tongue

For the record, I and P.J. spent about 30 minutes in total discussing about this and writing to you so unfortunately it paid off as a harassment. That's why in the future, negative and disrespectful outsider feedback will be deleted without mercy.

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 07:16:54 PM

Today's release is related to Land management:

- Lots are now manageable, and the colorful map of lots generates automatically
- Boroughs and chapelries are implemented.

Soon (a few days):
- More layers will be added to the map, so that you can view the lot owners, building density, floorplans, commercial (owner-defined) content etc.
- All characters and linkage to lots
- Lot view, to list all lot stats
- Editor for building pixel images for your lot canvas
- World map (bird's eye all boroughs)

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 11:33:41 AM

Crypto Kingdom Ultima "Ancients"

The first spex for the online version called for such a version to be ready in 3-4 weeks.

Now a planned soft release time is set for Friday night, 11 days and a few hours from the start of the Ultima project, to deliver a playable beta including the desired functionality.

The overall design philosophy is incrementalism. We do not exactly know what features the game will need in the future, also the amount of players cannot be estimated with any certainty. The development should be very lean with only the features that are deemed needed to implement now. It is expected that the game will continue to have resources which are outside the now-starting online version, and the border between this game and external functions is intended to be very blurred anyway once the integration tools for customized functionalities start to be brought to the game from the V.3 on.

This principle from the Spex is honored to the fullest.

It should be noted that the Ultima version was not originally designed to be "V.2: Ancients" so it does not completely map to the Ancients spex.

Main additions:
- Town map in addition to the Chapelry (Main City) Screen, Lot Screen and Character Screen
- Different layers in Chapelry screen show Lot-specific information in graphic format
- More things listed in Lot screen and Char screen based on the much widened scope of the game
- Chat window part of each Lot separately instead of one global

Main subtractions:
- Completely pixellated UI is scrapped for a more sleek design (the reason for pixellation was to make it quick to develop, which did not turn out to be true)
- Is not tested with smartphone
- No tipping and drinking in the Trollbox
- Some formulas, scripts etc may not be complete
- No incoming cryptocurrency management

Wizard Developer P.J.

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 02:59:44 PM
Last edit: August 14, 2015, 03:13:44 PM by Wizard Developer P.J.

Hello everybody,

I have an honour to announce today's release of Crypto Kingdom Ultima version.
Address is: http://cryptokingdom.me (yes, we got a new domain too !!) Cheesy

Most important changes in today release are:
- lot detail screen with a lot of informations there (including automatic calculation of lot area and details of buildings)
- character profile screen with all promotions and decorations listed historically, amount of player wealth and current possession
- active chapelry maps! now you can interact with each lot on the map, go back and fort between different regions and boroughs and explore land like you will do in 1600-th.
- not only that, you can chat with other people in same location (lot) and back to middle age time where you needed to go to different location in order to speak with each other. Sounds crazy from from this perspective Smiley

Anyway, all players and characters from google db are here. In order to give everyone opportunity to play and test new UI and functionality, HM Kings gave me approval to unify all usernames and password for each character, so everybody can be the King. (At least, for a moment)
In order to login with some character, use his short name from google db (Column B: Account owner/wealth mgr) and add @criptokingdom.me at the end.

Like this:
Wizard Developer P.J.@cryptokingdom.me  (even if user name contains special characters or spaces, use it like that, without changing anything)

For password, just use: crypto2015

And don't worry about security, all that we currently store in Ultima db is just temporary. Main google DB won't be changed at all.

Enjoy playing and please let the know for each bug you find or question you have.

Best,
Wizard Developer P.J.

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 03:50:07 PM

Hello,

No party goes exactly as scripted. The previous announcement login should be the "Full Name in Game"@cryptokingdom.me instead!

If you are desirous of some wine, please meet me in the Royal Palace chat window! First ones get the most Wink

Roopatra

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 11:11:49 AM

Development notes to Wizard:
1. I am not able to change avatar. t worked initially when testing, and I uploaded a much-too-modern avatar that I would find appropriate to change.
2. Browsing character main screens I found that some characters have all badges, honors and level updates view-able on profile. And others like myself (char id 17), don´t have them.
No hurry, just putting it out here for information.
Wizard Developer P.J.

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 07:20:02 PM

Development notes to Wizard:
1. I am not able to change avatar. t worked initially when testing, and I uploaded a much-too-modern avatar that I would find appropriate to change.
2. Browsing character main screens I found that some characters have all badges, honors and level updates view-able on profile. And others like myself (char id 17), don´t have them.
No hurry, just putting it out here for information.

Dear @Roopatra,

Avatar will be fixed in very short time.. Also, the main issue we have with some of the accounts are duplicate records. We expecting another transition which will happened next week (Thursday 25th) when we will migrate whole Google DB to Ultima and do clean installation. Yes, for some of the players this means they will need to upload avatar again (very sorry for that) but after that we will not delete anyone and all actions will be official and recorded with full attention and care.

Thanks for notes and will update/fix existing issues very quickly Smiley

Best,
Wizard Dev. PJ
binaryFate
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003

Still wild and free

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 11:10:27 AM
Last edit: August 18, 2015, 11:23:58 AM by binaryFate

My password didn't work, even after reseting with email link. So I registered again and now it seems I have two accounts with same email. I still can't log to the first one, which is correct and linked to the DB I think (char_id 14).

EDIT: Nevermind that, didn't see the recent post about unified names! Will try.

EDIT 2: Doesn't work. I tried with "Sir binaryFate, The Earl of Naoned"@cryptokingdom.me or Sir binaryFate, The Earl of Naoned@cryptokingdom.me or binaryFate@cryptokingdom.me and password "crypto2015".

Monero's privacy and therefore fungibility are MUCH stronger than Bitcoin's. 
This makes Monero a better candidate to deserve the term "digital cash".
Wizard Developer P.J.

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 12:03:36 AM

Dear @binaryFate,

Sorry for waiting resolving your issue, I was travel back to home on Sunday and it took me some time to adapt to change a bit..

Your issue should be solved now.
Please try to login with this username:
Sir binaryFate, The Earl of Naoned@cryptokingdom.me

Your password remained unchanged, so try the same like you mentioned in your post.

If you still have an issue to login, let me know and I will fix it, this time much faster Smiley

Best,
Wizard Developer PJ
binaryFate
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003

Still wild and free

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 04:54:09 AM

Dear @binaryFate,

Sorry for waiting resolving your issue, I was travel back to home on Sunday and it took me some time to adapt to change a bit..

Your issue should be solved now.
Please try to login with this username:
Sir binaryFate, The Earl of Naoned@cryptokingdom.me

Your password remained unchanged, so try the same like you mentioned in your post.

If you still have an issue to login, let me know and I will fix it, this time much faster Smiley

Best,
Wizard Developer PJ

Login works, thank you!

Monero's privacy and therefore fungibility are MUCH stronger than Bitcoin's. 
This makes Monero a better candidate to deserve the term "digital cash".
saddambitcoin
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 04:22:36 PM

Hi P.J., can you help me with my account? Tried logging in today after some time away, says wrong credentials and reset password doesn't seem to be sending me an email.

Also, great work with the city map! The new details look awesome.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: