Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 07:21:53 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto Kingdom Ultima Version Development Thread  (Read 24624 times)
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 12:13:20 PM

We will tell when it is released. The (currently test) version is all the time in Cryptokingdom.me, and some of the features can be browsed without registration even during the development stage.

We have realized that the system is such compact that I am able to do the main testing alone for most of the time. Only when the Agora Market (bid/ask exchange system for all ingame items) is launched, will multiple testers be needed.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
newb4now

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 10:35:19 PM

We will tell when it is released. The (currently test) version is all the time in Cryptokingdom.me, and some of the features can be browsed without registration even during the development stage.

We have realized that the system is such compact that I am able to do the main testing alone for most of the time. Only when the Agora Market (bid/ask exchange system for all ingame items) is launched, will multiple testers be needed.

Just like it was in WoW, I think the ingame exchange will be important
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 08:24:05 AM

Just like it was in WoW, I think the ingame exchange will be important

Yeah. It is funny such evolution. Right now we have 69 items categories with 1433 different items (+932 lots, likewise tradable). The limitation to efficient trading is afewfold:
- admins need to be contacted for the trade
- the trade must be registered manually
- the information about what is what, is not very much sorted
- the information about the cost is in a different place, a matrix with 1000+ columns.

When the Agora Market opens, all these are alleviated greatly. The new problem will be that of realism - early 1600s just did not have 24/7 frictionless exchanges. It is too easy to have one. Therefore the system will have a limited lifespan, but I also hope it will greatly contribute to the success meanwhile! Smiley

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
noms

Activity: 220
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 10:58:28 AM

Hi PJ, I was wondering how things are going with this release? Do you need any help with testing or the like? I'm happy to help where I can.

Monero.
Roopatra

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 11:30:55 AM

https://cryptokingdom.me/player/register  (btw the browser tells me that the page is not safe,maybe because you don't have a ssl certificate)

I get the same, when accessing the page.
canth
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 12:16:04 PM

https://cryptokingdom.me/player/register  (btw the browser tells me that the page is not safe,maybe because you don't have a ssl certificate)

I get the same, when accessing the page.

It's a self signed certificate. I presume that it'll be swapped out for a CA issued certificate, no? FYI, my preference is Comodo PositiveSSL certs purchased through Namecheap. Cost is $9/yr or $94/yr for the wildcard version.

saddambitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 01:06:26 PM

Slightly off topic, but later this year SSL will become free to all!

https://letsencrypt.org/

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 08:53:50 AM
Last edit: September 07, 2015, 09:51:21 AM by rpietila

Hi all!

Now is the time for hopefully final testing of the V3.9U before it goes live, including data transmission from GoogleDB to Ultima platform!

So please enroll for the testing by asking the username+passwd from me by PM here or in IRC Smiley

Fill in all the points that you tested and post your testing report to this thread. Note that there is no benefit for vague and incomplete testing reports so be very specific and imitate the style of the best of the previous ones.

Testing directions

1. Go to cryptokingdom.me and sign in with the username+password provided. Does it happen, does it happen intuitively, what else?

2. Try to "get hold" of the system. Is navigation working, the scope of the game easy to grasp, what else?

3. My Character. Is the data correct (except built, age now, stone)? Is there data you feel is needless, or that should be there?

4. My Items. Is the data correct? How should the layout be improved?

5. Town Map / town view / chapelry view. Is the navigation logical? Can you get to all the views? Is the data correct? Are there wrong coordinates in lots, causing funny renderings?

5.1./5.2./5.3. Lot Usage / Building Density /Lot Division views in chapelry view. Work as intended?

6. Lot view (by clicking on the lot in the chapelry view). Is data correct and works fine?

7. Chat in Lot view. (Arrange testing with someone else to get the realtime chat.) How is the practical chatting? Issues? Are you ready to start using this as the main game chat? Why(/not)?

8. Agora Marketplace. Does the items listing work? How could it work even better? Is the data correct? Other wishes?

9. Item view (click on an item in Agora). How this view layout should be? Does all data display correctly? Is command line visible?

10. Command line. Test methodically all the commands below and tell the changes observed in the item ownerships etc. Command syntaxes are as follows:
BUY item_id max_quantity max_price
SELL item_id max_quantity min_price
GIVE item_id quantity recipient
CONSUME item_id quantity
TRANSFER item_id quantity giver recipient
CANCELASK item_id max_quantity min_price <-- not implemented when last checked
CANCELBID item_id max_quantity max_price <-- not implemented when last checked
MOVE source_borough_id destination_borough_id amount <-- for moving stone

11. Exchange matching engine. Using normal rules followed in all online exchanges, this should execute the trades when bids and asks match. Tell all the impressions whether it worked as it should, or not.

noms

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 09:54:17 AM
Last edit: September 07, 2015, 01:53:13 PM by noms

*Note: all of my CLI testing was done in a lot details screen, as I couldn't find the item trading CLI. That is probably a UX bug if I wasn't able to use the right CLI.

1. Go to cryptokingdom.me and sign in with the username+password provided. Does it happen, does it happen intuitively, what else?

* Site doesn't have proper SSL cert so initial view of domain looks really dodgy. - IMO highest priority.
* Logging in worked. It was not intuitive because the login field asked for email, which was a bit confusing. Should be labeled "email OR username" so people know that they can use either their email address or supplied username.

2. Try to "get hold" of the system. Is navigation working, the scope of the game easy to grasp, what else?

*Clicked Menu -> Town Map.  This is confusing; it should show all land, not just default to 1-C as that is a portion of CK.

3. My Character. Is the data correct (except built, age now, stone)? Is there data you feel is needless, or that should be there?

* Level on player info page should say "7 - Knight", not just "7"
* IMO, moneritos on player info page is more important than CKS, so those should switch places
* Player Health should be given as a vital statistic, perhaps displayed prominently in player info section, also maybe in site header?
* When i attempt to edit my character, i get http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=MN4PTd1g
* shows that my stone count is 0 and I know i have more than that...

* Looks good, all data appears to be there that I would expect. Maybe add a column for "unique owners", and maybe "estimated value"

5. Town Map / town view / chapelry view. Is the navigation logical? Can you get to all the views? Is the data correct? Are there wrong coordinates in lots, causing funny renderings?

* "Land Map" accurately shows all 9 boroughs. I cannot find a town view. Chapelry view appears to display correctly for all boroughs.

* funny renderings in: 5:C, 1:SE, 4:C, 4:S

5.1  Lot Usage views in chapelry view. Work as intended?

* Appears to work. things that would make it more clear: perhaps owner ID or link to owner's profile, or maybe a link to a buy/sell page for land. It would also be nice to be able to label land for sale (see it in legend, not sure how to do in GUI?)

5.2  Building Density views in chapelry view. Work as intended?

* Doesn't seem to work-5:C shows San Pietro as having 0 building density, as an example.

5.3. Lot Division views in chapelry view. Work as intended?

* Lot divisions are clear in this view, however people won't click on it.  There should be a border and meaningful color (building, path, garden) present in lots IN THE LOT USAGE VIEW
* Perhaps owner ID or link to owner's profile, or maybe a link to a buy/sell page for land. It would also be nice to be able to label land for sale (see it in legend, not sure how to do in GUI?)

6. Lot view (by clicking on the lot in the chapelry view). Is data correct and works fine?

* Data seems correct. Command line doesn't work right (see question 10 for examples)

7. Chat in Lot view. (Arrange testing with someone else to get the realtime chat.) How is the practical chatting? Issues? Are you ready to start using this as the main game chat? Why(/not)?

* Didn't have another person to test this with. There should be an option to have a global chat (unless the building chat is actually global anyhow? wasn't sure about this). Until that is implemented, I would want to keep using IRC.

8. Agora Marketplace. Does the items listing work? How could it work even better? Is the data correct? Other wishes?

* i was told this will not be tested. probably why i get this when i click on it:
    View all items causes Fatal error: Call to undefined method CryptoKingdom\ItemOwnershipModel::countItemsByItemID() in /var/www/html/releases/20150906225612/app/controllers/MarketController.php on line 31

9. Item view (click on an item in Agora). How this view layout should be? Does all data display correctly? Is command line visible?

data is not correct:
* I clicked on https://cryptokingdom.me/marketplace/item/TRC2-4 and it shows currently exists: 0, even though I have this item in my inventory.
* Item type was blank
* material was blank
* original quantity was blank
* debtor was blank, but that is expected as I don't owe anything on it. Should put empty text, such as "no debt"

would be nice to have ability to upload picture

10. Command line. Test methodically all the commands below and tell the changes observed in the item ownerships etc. Command syntaxes are as follows:

BUY TRC2-4 1 30000000
COMMAND RESULTS
Input command is not correct.
Example: BUY itemID amount price

SELL TRC2-4 1 80000000
COMMAND RESULTS
"No such recipient.

GIVE TRC2-4 1 1
COMMAND RESULTS
Command GIVE is not found

GIVE TRC2-4 1 HM_The_King
COMMAND RESULTS
"No such recipient.

CONSUME item_id quantity

CONSUME CLXII 1
COMMAND RESULTS
"No such recipient.

TRANSFER CLXII 1 94 1
COMMAND RESULTS

TRANSFER CLXII 1 noms HM_The_King
COMMAND RESULTS

this was not to be tested

MOVE 1 2 3
COMMAND RESULTS

11. Exchange matching engine. Using normal rules followed in all online exchanges, this should execute the trades when bids and asks match. Tell all the impressions whether it worked as it should, or not.

Monero.
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 10:52:30 AM

Items I found with potential issues:

• I had a username of noms supplied to me. The login field asked for email, which was a bit confusing. Should be labeled "email OR username" so people know that they can use either their email address or supplied username.
  • There should be an option to have a global chat (unless the building chat is actually global anyhow? wasn't sure about this)
  • Land listing is confusing. There should be a link in menu to see all land, not just default to 1-C

Can you please mention what did you test (each point) and answer the questions. Freetext is not very useful to us at this point: what we need is rigorous testing of the methods in command line etc. "boring" stuff.

Smiley

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 11:46:33 AM

Example of the testing report.

1. At 14:34 local time sign in worked as usual.

2. I have used the system before so unable to test the intuitiveness of the UI.

3. Again I am blind to it since have designed it. All data displayed seems to be correct; itemcount in GoogleDB=403 here 401, likely reason recent changes in the game.

4. Data seems to be correct.

5. I did not do testing of this module now, because I had already accepted it for production.

5.1./5.2./5.3. These will be added and improved later, but for now the rendering is correct.

6. Data seems to be correct.

7. I was not able to arrange a chat partner, so could not test this module. (Others: please DO arrange a chat partner!) My intention is to be able to use this as the main ingame chat, so that only a few buildings would be opened in the beginning, for different purposes.

8. Unexpected:
Fatal error: Call to undefined method CryptoKingdom\ItemOwnershipModel::countItemsByItemID() in /var/www/html/releases/20150906225612/app/controllers/MarketController.php on line 31
made testing not possible.

9.-11. Testing this module could not be done due to fatal error above.

Testing ended 14:46 local.

Wizard Developer P.J.

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 12:05:21 PM

*Item 8: Fatal error * is corrected and live.
Market place should work fine now.
Wizard Developer P.J.

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 12:15:13 PM

Also,  a quick info about security and SSL certificates (sorry for a bit late response here)

Currently, secure protocol is signed with self signed certificate. We already bought CA issued one too, but it's not yet implemented because of preparation main functionalities in Agora Market.
As soon as release is ready I will replace certificates so everything will be officially secure too Smiley

Thanks for patience and reporting about it.

Best,
PJ
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 12:37:16 PM

Testing resumed from "8." at 15:23

8. Agora Marketplace.

The listing has issues with logical ordering, but these are postponed to later release/bugfix round.
"exists" does not show the amount of instances of item existing. (This is quick to fix because the same script in My Items does work.)

9. Item view.

Tested with CR1400E, which shows that I own only 1 instance. (Correct: 4). Command line is visible in the end. Would be more useful in the beginning, next to the bid/ask data.

10. Command line.

Tried BUY CR1400E 1 100000000000000 to see if error message is correct. Wrong error message "No such recipient." Command execution does not work as it should. Aborted testing of BUY.

Tried SELL CR1400E 1 1 to see if SELL works and matches the order with the existing bid in the system. Wrong error message "Sender and recipient should have different ID's." Command execution does not work as it should. Aborted testing of SELL.

Tried GIVE MEAD 1 2. Error message: "Command GIVE not found." Aborted testing of GIVE.

Tried CONSUME MEAD 1. Error message: ""No such recipient." Command execution does not work as it should. Aborted testing of CONSUME.

Aborted testing due to none of the commands working properly.

Testing ended at 15:36.

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 12:50:49 PM
Last edit: September 07, 2015, 01:13:04 PM by rpietila

I got feedback from PJ that the commands entered did not go to COMMAND_EVALUATOR at all, and this was because of secure connection requirement. This is also why error messages were random. So the malfunction seemed serious but was quick to repair. Another issue was with the capitalization of commands - now there is no difference whether capitals are used or not.

Testing commences again.  Grin

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 02:09:07 PM

Testing resumed from "10." at 16:47.

Tried GIVE BEER 1 2. Successful. Beer was removed from source and added to recipient. "Exists" stayed the same. Output was clear.

When trying to logout, the following was given:
Slim Application Error
The application could not run because of the following error:

Details

Type: ErrorException
Code: 8
File: /var/www/html/releases/20150907132228/app/controllers/PlayerController.php
Line: 75
Trace

#0 /var/www/html/releases/20150907132228/app/controllers/PlayerController.php(75): Slim\Slim::handleErrors(8, 'Trying to get p...', '/var/www/html/r...', 75, Array)
#1 /var/www/html/releases/20150907132228/app/bootstrap/routes/player.r.php(126): CryptoKingdom\PlayerController::playerDetails('logout')
#2 [internal function]: {closure}('logout')
#3 /var/www/html/releases/20150907132228/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/Route.php(468): call_user_func_array(Object(Closure), Array)
#4 /var/www/html/releases/20150907132228/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/Slim.php(1357): Slim\Route->dispatch()
#5 /var/www/html/releases/20150907132228/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/Middleware/Flash.php(85): Slim\Slim->call()
#6 /var/www/html/releases/20150907132228/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/Middleware/MethodOverride.php(92): Slim\Middleware\Flash->call()
#7 /var/www/html/releases/20150907132228/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/Middleware/PrettyExceptions.php(67): Slim\Middleware\MethodOverride->call()
#8 /var/www/html/releases/20150907132228/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/Slim.php(1302): Slim\Middleware\PrettyExceptions->call()
#9 /var/www/html/releases/20150907132228/app/bootstrap/start.php(105): Slim\Slim->run()
#10 /var/www/html/releases/20150907132228/app/bootstrap/setup.php(63): require_once('/var/www/html/r...')
#11 /var/www/html/releases/20150907132228/index.php(Cool: require_once('/var/www/html/r...')
#12 /var/www/html/index.php(2): require_once('/var/www/html/r...')
#13 {main}

Tried CONSUME MEAD 1. Successful. Mead disappeared and "exists" was reduced.

Experimented with BUY and SELL and had orders apparently matched with self. More rigorous testing is needed with multiple accounts to ensure correct functionality.

TL;DR: For the first time, the intended features for the release seem to be there. Testing is needed for bug fixing because these commands are critical - they change the system status.

Please concentrate your testing on 8.-11. and do it methodically. The testing and feature requests in 1.-7. is also nice, but since these are not critical (do not change status), the requests will be evaluated for the next release, not the V3.9U.

saddambitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 02:27:03 PM

8. Items listing works. I had trouble finding the command line at first, then noticed that I first needed to click on an item to show the COMMAND LINE underneath the item details.

I think this could be a bit more intuitive if the command line were available in the list item view, as well as the detail item view.

Also, some visibile guide as to how to format prices, I just assumed that 1 = 1,000,000 moneretos and that seems to be the case. But for new users it could alleviate some confusion.

I would like to see a complete history somewhere of my successful command line requests.

9. Item view looks good, but perhaps the data could be condensed in a way so the command line is visible without scrolling down. Also, some styling to differentiate the open BUY/SELL orders from the regular item data would be nice, as I missed that at first.

10. BUY/SELL works as it should. I bought an item from noms and then placed it back for sale. ARS4 if anyone wants to purchase it from me.

GIVE works as it should. I gave some WINE to noms and the quantity was decreased in my items and increased in his items.

CONSUME works as it should. I consumed some WINE and my quantity decreased. Tried to consume a TS160 silver coin, but it said "Lots can't be consumed". This message could be more general, something like "This item can't be consumed."

TRANSFER, I tried to transfer an item to noms from my account but it said "Input command is not correct". Maybe this transfer function is not available for my account?

Did not test CANCELASK, CANCELBID, or MOVE yet.

11. BUY/SELL works as noted above. I also bought an item from myself and it did not change my quantity of that item, so that also works as it should. Trying to sell something I do not have results in "You do not have item_id or sufficient quantity", so that is good too.

One bug detected, if I place a buy order for something and the bid price is ABOVE the ASK price, order does not match. Order should be sold at the ask price. See https://cryptokingdom.me/marketplace/item/ARS4

Also, it seems that I can place multiple ASK orders even if I only have 1 quantity of that item.

noms

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 03:37:48 PM
Last edit: September 07, 2015, 04:27:20 PM by noms

Feature ideas:

• when viewing the chapelry map view, it's hard to see what you are clicking on. either a tooltip with the owner, building title, etc should pop up, or some helpful text on the property would be good.
  • have a global chat so you don't have to be in a building to read it. this would make it truly a replacement for irc.
  • move the CLI to a spot that is the same on all pages and a setting in profile to "enable/disable CLI"
  • give chatbox a title and more info so you can tell it is a chatbox. a recent betatester was unable to find the chatbox even after given a link to a room, so it's a little confusing UX.
  • give admins the ability to place an "announcement" in the header of the site for important news (e.g. auction for xxx ends in xx minutes!)
  • give players ability to "pin" the menu so it is always expanded and add custom links to lots they like, or establishments they frequent
  • build in a forum-esque system so that players may have discussions like we do on bitcointalk, but not on bitcointalk Wink
  • make player decorations on the player info page be links to the actual item pages
  • in the left nav menu, make a link to a page that explains about levels, promotions, and what they do and why you want them. Also how to get them.
  • a location (small widget in footer, page) that shows active users
  • a page that shows all users in-game, regardless of their online status. This would be similar to CHAR spreadsheet listing so you can compare yourself and your stats.
  • move the game manual, quickguide, FAQ's, etc into pages inside this game. No reason to have it outside.
  • create a CLI quick-reference page (not completely necessary, but could be helpful for those who want to utilize system in current state and aren't computer geniuses)
  • there needs to be a way to see how much land you own, like a details view that will link to each chapelry view it's in, or the lot page itself.

Monero.
binaryFate
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003

Still wild and free

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 04:02:34 PM

Started testing at 17:16

No issue with signing.

Navigation on menu working.
Scope of the game I suppose for a new player is impossible to grasp at this stage.

Bug, it says "Age now: 0"

Looks good.

I would find more intuitive that the landing page for the map would be
https://cryptokingdom.me/land
instead of
https://cryptokingdom.me/land/chapelry/1:C

Tootips indicating some building info would be nice. Showing the number/names of peoples inside too. (for chat).

5.1./5.2./5.3. Lot Usage / Building Density /Lot Division views in chapelry view. Work as intended?
I don't understand the scale in the legend for "Building Density", it only goes up to 2.4%. Bug?

Looks correct.

I see other people's messages appearing twice (not always, looks random, was often the case with Noms and a bit with Tavastia).
A list of people being present would be nice!
Not ready to use as main game chat yet, it's still too hard to find where are people actually talking at a given moment.

Looks good. A way to see the list of all bids/asks, or items that have at least one bid/ask would be nice.

Good.

CONSUME item_id quantity

SELL and BUY:
After adding a SELL, the bid doesn't appear in the table (even after refresh).
It says "New ask added for 1 units of BF1500Eat a limit price of 10000000" (a space missing between item ID and "at").
GIVE:
I tried "GIVE W1600 1 noms" ("noms" is the name as I was seeing on chat), it says ""No such recipient." (Which starts with an unnecessary quote character).
CONSUME:
Works ok.
TRANSFER:
I don't understand this command. What's "giver"? I suppose it's only for admins.
CANCELASK & CANCELBID:
Didn't test
MOVE:
Didn't test

I could buy it from my own bid and it was confirmed. But then, it doesn't show up in my items anymore. (I had 70 BF1500E, now only 69 BF1500E).
Didn't test beyond my simple purchase from myself at the exact same price.

Finished testing at 17:52

EDIT Additionally I posted this in the wrong thread:
Haven't tested yet, but accepting commands with units such as "800mon" and "800mil" (with mil = 10^6 mon obviously) would be quickly mandatory.
If meaningful economic activities are taking off on this game exchange, we can't afford mistakes with one missing zero in a string of +10 zeros.

Monero's privacy and therefore fungibility are MUCH stronger than Bitcoin's. 
This makes Monero a better candidate to deserve the term "digital cash".
MoneroMooo
Legendary

Activity: 1276
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 06:22:24 PM

BCT logged me out and ate all my lovely point by point prose, and I'm not going through that again, so here are just some main points I remember:

- binaryFate reports trading worked, it did not for me. I ended up with a bid and ask both at 600 for mead (only one of them was mine).

- when in the command line, it needs a list of commands handy. Also needs to understand names, there's no way to tell someone's ID, the player list is gone.

- the number of items owned should really be in the item page, so when you type a SELL/BUY/GIVE command, you can see it change (or not). I found I constantly switched pages to find out things, and it becomes tiring quickly. Relevant info should be on the page.

- command response seems to use only the first world in a name: I gave some mead to 5, which seems to be New Liberty, since the response told me I have them to "New".

Edit:
- also wrong years in some items, I've lost the list, but my suits at least were wrong, and CUL points IIRC. There were more.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: