Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:27:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto Kingdom Ultima Version Development Thread  (Read 24622 times)
Roopatra

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 07:00:24 PM

Testing started 18.35 (6.35pm)

BUY item_id max_quantity max_price

Buy Mead 5 750
Result: Bought 3 units of mead at 600 m/unit, for a total of 1800m.
It bought the 3 available at the price point, but the remaining 2 mead that did not find matching price were not recorded in the ASK.
(It did show up eventually, but I had to hit refresh)

SELL item_id max_quantity min_price

Sell W1601B 1 80000
Result: New ask added for 1 units of W1601Bat a limit price of 80000
(shows up only after refresh)

GIVE item_id quantity recipient

Give Cook-1 1 94
Result: 1 units of cook-1 given to noms.
(Noms did this show up on your character?)

CONSUME item_id quantity

Consume mead 10
Result: 10 units of mead consumed
(works fine)

Consume PWS-6 1
Result: You do not have item_id of sufficient quantity of it
(I do have one of these daggers, not for consumption, just tested to see what it says)

TRANSFER item_id quantity giver recipient

transfer W1600M 5 17 94
Result: Input command is not correct.
(Did not work)

CANCELASK item_id max_quantity min_price <-- not implemented when last checked

cancelask mead 5 950
Result: input command is not correct.
(I did not in fact have an ask of mead to cancel, someone else had an ask at that price, but I only got input command not correct message)

CANCELBID item_id max_quantity max_price <-- not implemented when last checked

cancelbid mead 2 750
Result: input command is not correct
(did not work)

MOVE source_borough_id destination_borough_id amount <-- for moving stone

Don´t own any stone so could not test.

Testing finished 19.00 (7.00pm)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Roopatra

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 07:03:04 PM

Slim application error when logging out.
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 07:14:28 PM
Last edit: September 08, 2015, 07:50:59 AM by rpietila

I feel a bit ill, so have to go to bed early. Thank you for all the testers so far, and please continue. The new ones can find their username in the google DB /CHAR column "D", and all accounts can now be accessed with the common password: "4o5nPKktHyNj".
My bad told wrong column at first, sorry all!

Please test the exchange functionality by placing orders and then going to another character to buy them.

As should be obvious, even though the "current" data is used for testing, none of the changes will remain, the data will be remigrated before starting in the new platform for real Smiley

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
Karl Hungus

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 12:46:49 AM

I'm having trouble logging in.

I'm trying:

username=B Karl Hungus
password=4o5nPKktHyNj

I've tried guessing a few variations but still no luck.
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2015, 01:45:04 AM

I'm trying:

username=B Karl Hungus
password=4o5nPKktHyNj

Try your short name (c column I think).

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2015, 01:46:38 AM
Last edit: September 08, 2015, 05:35:48 AM by generalizethis

Testing started 20.50 (8.50pm)

Buy ARS4 1 3000
Result: Bought 1 unit of ARS4 at 3 m/unit, for a total of 3m.
It bought the 1 available at lowest price point--lower than price entered--as should be expected. Item showed in my items and was removed from asks.

Sell ARS4 1 1000
Result: New ask added for 1 units of ARS4at a limit price of 1000
(Didn't fill BUY listed at 1 for 1000--hit refresh twice and went to my item's page and saw that the item was still listed. Also at should have a space between ITEM and at--with m you get mat as message =p)

Give COM-163 1 1
Result: MESSAGE:

COMMAND RESULTS
$item string(1) "1"
→Called from <ROOT>/releases/20150908010552/app/bootstrap/start.php:113 [pr()]
1. <ROOT>/releases/20150908010552/app/models/CharacterModel.php:239 [pr()]
2. <ROOT>/releases/20150908010552/app/routines/CKCli.php:83 [CryptoKingdom\CharacterModel::getCharacterByGoogleIDOrShortName()]
3. <ROOT>/releases/20150908010552/app/routines/CKCli.php:37 [CryptoKingdom\CKCli->validateRequest()]
4. <ROOT>/releases/20150908010552/app/bootstrap/routes/cli.r.php:14 [CryptoKingdom\CKCli->processCommand()]
5. <ROOT>/releases/20150908010552/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/Route.php:468 [call_user_func_array()]
6. <ROOT>/releases/20150908010552/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/Slim.php:1357 [Slim\Route->dispatch()]
7. <ROOT>/releases/20150908010552/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/Middleware/Flash.php:85 [Slim\Slim->call()]
8. <ROOT>/releases/20150908010552/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/Middleware/MethodOverride.php:92 [Slim\Middleware\Flash->call()]
9. <ROOT>/releases/20150908010552/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/Middleware/PrettyExceptions.php:67 [Slim\Middleware\MethodOverride->call()]
10. <ROOT>/releases/20150908010552/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/Slim.php:1302 [Slim\Middleware\PrettyExceptions->call()]
11. <ROOT>/releases/20150908010552/app/bootstrap/start.php:105 [Slim\Slim->run()]
12. <ROOT>/releases/20150908010552/app/bootstrap/setup.php:63
13. <ROOT>/releases/20150908010552/index.php:8
14. <ROOT>/index.php:2

(Tried with various items (mead, cul), # of units (10, 3) and characters (2, 3), but similar message each time. Tried a few hours earlier and everything worked fine.)

CONSUME item_id quantity

Consume XLII 1
Result: 1 units of Louis XII Cognac consumed
(works fine)

Transfer cr1584e 1 130 1
Result: Input command is not correct.
(Did not work)

CANCELASK item_id max_quantity min_price

Cancelask ars4 1 1000
Result: Order removed
(works fine)

Cancelbid ars4 1 1000
Result: Order removed
(works fine)

Don´t own any stone so could not test.

Testing finished 21.30 (9.30pm)

Karl Hungus

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 07:17:51 AM

I'm trying:

username=B Karl Hungus
password=4o5nPKktHyNj

Try your short name (c column I think).

Thanks, that worked!

edit: I will try and be available for chat testing in about 4 hours time (when kids in bed) if anyone is interested, approx 11.30am BTT time
Wizard Developer P.J.

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 07:55:43 AM

Good morning everyone,

Thanks for great feedback and effort for testing the latest version of Ultima version. It helps me a lot to fine tune market functionality and make it even better Smiley

So, short update list will help you to recognize what is fixed and what you could test again.
- fixed issue with error “lot can’t be consumed”, when lot id is not used
- added cancel bid/ask commands
- moved command line to be directly bellow ask/bid information in item details view
- also, ask/bids for item are automatically load after each commands

Please, let us know if you find any issue or have any suggestion for improving overall experience, will be glad to hear them all. 

Best,
Wizard Developer PJ
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 08:54:09 AM

I am satisfied with the progress and now, finally, the release seems to be at hand.

What is most needed to test still, is the exchange matching. Every committed tester is invaluable! Take an item which everybody has and what is supposed to have a liquid market, such as mead (MEAD). Enter a lot of bids or asks with your character. Take note of the amounts to a separate paper. Then login with a different guy and enter orders that should result in filling some of the previous orders. Again ensure that the mead actually moves from the seller to the buyer, that the moneretos (M) do likewise but opposite direction, and the totals of both stay unchanged.

A lot of detailed testing is needed before we are confident that this important game function can be migrated. Please take the time to do it properly (thank you all the ones who have done it! Smiley )

As a token of gratitude by the Town, detailed and documented testing after this post will be compensated at the usual 0.33 mil/minute rate - indicate it in the post here.

CANCELBID and CANCELASK should also work. Try them!

TRANSFER is admin only so do not test it.

GIVE should work.

On the condition that the testing can be conducted in massive volume, we can now estimate that the migration could happen in tomorrow or Thursday.

I will make the list of "final annoyances" to PJ, which has the UI issues that are most complained upon. This, along with "critical bugs" revealed by the testing, will be fixed before the release. The rest of the issues you mention are categorized to "more urgent" and "less urgent" requests, which will be corrected after the release.

I am on the opinion that a github is not needed currently due to us having only one developer and one designer. I am not keen to delegate my role except when manpower is needed (as it is now). When the APIs etc allow more developers to start churning out content, then it will be a good control tool in my opinion, and that day is not even far!

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
Karl Hungus

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 01:14:31 PM
Last edit: September 08, 2015, 01:58:05 PM by Karl Hungus

Testing Agora exchange:
Using OZ and Hokusai adding BUY & SELL & GIVE for item W1600,

Hokusai started with zero item balance, OZ with about 800
  • BUG - Hokusai can enter a BUY, 'command results' indicate success, but Hokusai's item quantity stays zero
  • BUG - OZ can enter a GIVE, 'command results' indicate success, but Hokusai's item quantity stays zero
  • BUG - Hokusai can enter SELL commands even though his W1600 item quantity appears to be zero
  • BUG - OZ made a BUY for quantity 23, 10 fulfilled & 13 added as a bid as expected, but item quantity in profile increased by 23, not the expected 10

I suspect Hokusai's W1600 balance is positive (i.e. his SELL commands go through, and OZ quantities adjust for BUY and GIVE)

odd scenario - OZ put in a bid & ask at the same price which were both accepted, then Hokusai entered a bid  at that price that wasn't accepted in the command results. Hokusai then entered an offer at the same price and it did register in the 'command results' but the quantity did not change (Hokusai had a zero balance for W1600 during all my testing).

OZ was able to CANCELBID and CANCELASK successfully. I noticed with CANCELBID it worked even if the quantity entered was less than the original BUY (i.e. my CANCELBID quantity was 22 which cancelled an original BUY order of 25).

general observations & suggestions:
  • You can't see your current quantity owned for the item being traded in Agora (i.e. you need to keep checking the quantity in the 'items in possession' list). Can the current quantity owned and/or available for trade be shown in the Agora item trading screen?
  • You can't tell which current bids & offers are your ones. Could you add an asterix next to the current user's bids/offers?
  • I really wanted to see my transaction history after a while
  • Suggest hiding fields with no content for each item (e.g. 'stone contained' is not relevant to wine so hide it)
  • Suggest adding things like last price, 24 high, 24 low etc
  • Suggest adding health stats and drinking plan to the 'character info'
  • Suggest showing logged-in character name in the header so it's on every screen (help for users with sockpuppets)
  • Suggest have command syntax tips on Agora exchange screen or in a pop-up

Overall I'm super impressed with Ultima, and incredibly excited!!

edit: I also suggest nominating a place to be the main 'chat' venue, (at least at the start when player numbers are smaller) to avoid having multiple chat ghettos at the expense of one larger one. When multiple chats are viable, maybe allow users to add to their public profile a 'status', something like "I'll be at this location at this time if anyone wants to find me"

edit: further testing indicates moneretos aren't adjusting to BUY and SELL orders. OZ BUY increases W1600 quantity but his moneritos balance stays the same, SELL decreases quantity but moneritos balance constant. Might be related to Hokusai's quantity always being zero?
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2015, 06:10:10 AM

Went to test, but can't sell mead for under 750. Is this intended? Bids are under 750, so the system should acknowledge the bid/ask limit on both sides. Also, I placed an ask 2 @ 750 and the bid for 2 @ 750 hasn't been filled--hit refresh multiple times.

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 07:03:17 AM

Went to test, but can't sell mead for under 750. Is this intended? Bids are under 750, so the system should acknowledge the bid/ask limit on both sides. Also, I placed an ask 2 @ 750 and the bid for 2 @ 750 hasn't been filled--hit refresh multiple times.

Of course it is not intended   Smiley What is intended, is one page above in pseudocode - the normal exchange functionality although (for now) without fees, and without limits.

Thanks for this, but otherwise: Guys, I am disappointed with the volume of the testing. We sorely need the monotonous banging of the command line and observing and documenting all changes of status. We pay for it. And nothing happens! Please help - this is now the critical path activity!

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2015, 07:33:52 AM

Of course it is not intended   Smiley What is intended, is one page above in pseudocode - the normal exchange functionality although (for now) without fees, and without limits.

Thanks for this, but otherwise: Guys, I am disappointed with the volume of the testing. We sorely need the monotonous banging of the command line and observing and documenting all changes of status. We pay for it. And nothing happens! Please help - this is now the critical path activity!

I got up to do a few hours of testing before work, but I didn't figure out that the limit was the problem until late in my morning--I'll have to do some testing after work or tomorrow morning.

*But I did get some poems edited, so maybe the poetry gods were trying to tell me something.

Roopatra

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 11:32:31 AM

Testing Ultima platform started 10.37am

1. Go to cryptokingdom.me and sign in with the username+password provided. Does it happen, does it happen intuitively, what else?
Login works well and is intuitive.

2. Try to "get hold" of the system. Is navigation working, the scope of the game easy to grasp, what else?
Yes it seems to work well, I have tested a few times so I might be blind to detect something obvious.

3. My Character. Is the data correct (except built, age now, stone)? Is there data you feel is needless, or that should be there?
Built and age now are missing. Monerito balance is not the latest. Everything else looks to be the correct data.

4. My Items. Is the data correct? How should the layout be improved?
Yes, all items look familiar as well as the amounts of each owned.

5. Town Map / town view / chapelry view. Is the navigation logical? Can you get to all the views? Is the data correct? Are there wrong coordinates in lots, causing funny renderings?
Funny rendering in 4-C, 4-S, 1-SE. Navigation seems logical.

5.1./5.2./5.3. Lot Usage / Building Density /Lot Division views in chapelry view. Work as intended?
Yes it works.

6. Lot view (by clicking on the lot in the chapelry view). Is data correct and works fine?
I checked some at random in each borough, and yes, data was correct on those.

7. Chat in Lot view. (Arrange testing with someone else to get the realtime chat.) How is the practical chatting? Issues? Are you ready to start using this as the main game chat? Why(/not)?
I chatted in 1-C Malla Palace chat room, there was nobody present at the time, but I saw previous messages in the chat as well as my own messages. It seems to work as intended. I would like to use some form of private messaging, and a "global" chat would be good where any player who is online can be easily contacted. Until then I would probably use some other channels as well as the game chat.

8. Agora Marketplace. Does the items listing work? How could it work even better? Is the data correct? Other wishes?
Looks good. But lets get to testing.

9. Item view (click on an item in Agora). How this view layout should be? Does all data display correctly? Is command line visible?
I am used to the layout, so it looks good to me. Command line visible at the top of the page. The item categories on the left side of the screen could be more intuitive and the list too long to browse effectively, could be easier with sub categories such as drinks, Gold coins and items, Horses and Carriages, etc. so all categories are not visible at the front page but can be accessed with a click or mouse hover over the main category.

10. Command line. Test methodically all the commands below and tell the changes observed in the item ownerships etc. Command syntaxes are as follows:

Buy mead 5 800
Result: Bought 2 units of mead at 750m/unit for a total of 1500m.
There were two more asks that match my bid but they were not taken, instead my bid is visible on the bid side while there are lower asks. Refreshing the page did not help.

Sell mead 6 600
No command result even after several tries and page refreshes. It only says "here comes the command result".

Tried with Wine:
Sell W1600 1 500
No command result. But after refresh my ask showed up, however it did not take the bid at the corresponding price point.

give butler-2 1 7
Command result: Not such item/lot exists or you do not have it.

Retried:
give BUT-2 1 7
Command result: 1 units of BUT-2 given to saddam.
The butler left from my items. And did you receive it saddam?

CONSUME item_id quantity
consume SCI 5
Command result: You do not have item_id or sufficient quantity of it.
I should have them, didn´t work.

tried with drinks next:
consume W1600 3
Command result: 3 units of W1600 consumed.
Works ok, and the quantity leaves from my character.

Admin command, did not check.

sell wirs 1 500000
cancelask wirs 1 500000
Command result: order removed

CANCELBID item_id max_quantity max_price
buy wirs 5 200000
cancelbid wirs 3 200000
Command result: Order removed
BUG: It removed the entire order though I tried to remove only part of it.

I don´t have stone to move so cannot test.

11. Exchange matching engine. Using normal rules followed in all online exchanges, this should execute the trades when bids and asks match. Tell all the impressions whether it worked as it should, or not.
I tested the ones mentioned above. It had problems to match the bids and asks when they overlapped.

Testing finished at 11.32am (55mins)
Wizard Developer P.J.

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 12:52:25 PM

Hello again,

Thanks everybody for testing, please continue with it, it's very valuable for improving the game Smiley

For today, i prepared some new improvements so let's start with list:
- new amount option for price: from now on, you can use also 1mil instead of writing so much zeros. It will recognized and converted to actual number. Keep in mind, though, please don't put space between number and "mil", because command line is sensitive to spaces (use it for recognizing different elements). So, correct expression will be:
[command] [item_id] [amount] 4mil . If you put 2 mil for a price, it will not work properly at the moment.

- fixed issue with editing profile. Critical error is fixed and you will be able to change your password, email and other editable data
- command line is also improved and tested, it should be more stabile now (bug with not transferring item from one player to another after successful buy/sell is fixed).
- history view with all previous player's transactions, bids and asks are in preparation too. You will be able to see each transaction you made, including consume, give and move
- item list and item details views are improved in order to bring more clarity and easier navigation through

Thanks for all other suggestions too, all of them will be taken in consideration and added to our project timeline.

Also, if anybody wants to check latest code base (the Github discussion from the other day), please send me your github username or email and you will be given read access to whole project.

@Roopatra Can you provide me a bit more details about overlapped bids / asks, so i can understand where is a problem to fix it. Thanks Smiley

Again, thanks everybody for effort and help about testing and please don't stop.

Best,
Wizard Developer PJ
Roopatra

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 03:37:01 PM

Ultima Agora market testing: Testing started at 15.04 (3.04pm)

P.J: The Wizard, PM sent about the details of bid/ask that did not get matched.

Testing commences:

buy mead 5 777
Command Result: Bought 1 units of mead at 777m/unit for a total of 777m.
It also added a bid for the remaining quantity of the buy order correctly as it should. (maybe this should also be mentioned in the command result?)

Sell mead 40 500
(no result, does not update even when hitting refresh)

Tried again:
sell mead 30 500
(no result, does not update even when hitting refresh)

sell mead 3 500
Command result: Sold 3 units of mead at 800m /unit for a total of 2400m.
(it matched my ask with the highest bid, as it should. but it did not match several separate bids to my (one large) ask like it should have. So it looks like the buy orders have to be for the exact quantities on the bid side. Or perhaps there was another problem why selling larger quatities of mead did not work, but selling 3 worked normally)

Will test this later because I did not find test partner who is online.

CONSUME item_id quantity
consume VOH 2
Command result: 2 units of VOH consumed
Works ok.

consume M 1mil
Command result: You do not have item_id or sufficient quantity of it
(consuming moneritos did not seem to work, perhaps on purpose, but maybe command result could be different.

cancelask M 100 100000
Command result: You do not have such an order active
(works perfectly, because there was an order but it wasn´t mine, and I was unable to cancel it.)

Another to cancel my own ask:
sell M 10 10000
Command result: new as added for 10 units of mat at a limit price of 10000.
BUG: it says Mat instead of moneritos
cancelask M 10 10000
(that works ok.)

CANCELBID item_id max_quantity max_price
buy BUT-5 1 5mil
Command result: New bid added for 1 units of BUT-5 at a limit price of 5mil.
(so the abbreviation mil is working correctly)
cancelbid BUT-5 1 5mil

Testing finished 15.37 (3.37pm) Testing duration: 33 min.
MoneroMooo
Legendary

Activity: 1276
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 08:11:54 PM

Testing starting at 6:56

1. Go to cryptokingdom.me and sign in with the username+password provided. Does it happen, does it happen intuitively, what else?

Certificate warning (self signed).
After adding an exception, login works fine.
Login link in the corner could be easier to see, it feels a bit hidden away.
While not logged in yet, links like "Agora marketplace" are available, yet they're not for unlogged in characters. Maybe there should be only the map link, which is available when not logged in.

2. Try to "get hold" of the system. Is navigation working, the scope of the game easy to grasp, what else?

The first screen is the character screen, which is a bit of a complex one to digest. Starting on the city center map may be more attractive for a new user. The = menu may not be super intuitive that clicking it shows a list of links, though it might be a "well known" thing, as I've seen the same sign in Firefox.

First link to try after character screen (town map) is a bit abstract, as it appears as a list of rectangles. It's not super obvious they're buildings until you click. Maybe names on them might help, if that's not too space consuming.

Apart from that, all fine.

3. My Character. Is the data correct (except built, age now, stone)? Is there data you feel is needless, or that should be there?

Land is wrong (250 against 2). Rest seems to match the DB. I'm richer than I thought Smiley
Ancient/blessed is not present. Closing Google DB before it crashe again.

Data looks correct, though I've not crosschecked in detail.
Search box is pretty useful. Maybe a "current market price" column could be useful here (for items for which it makes sense). Also blessed status is not here.

5. Town Map / town view / chapelry view. Is the navigation logical? Can you get to all the views? Is the data correct? Are there wrong coordinates in lots, causing funny renderings?

Navigation is logical. It could be improved by having "arrow" links to move directly from chapelry to chapelry in a given borough, or a 3x3 grid link in the side bar, instead of going back and forth.

Colors for some land types (street, unbuilt, swampy) are similar enough that it can be not obvious which is which at first glance.

In the building view, the future building editor looks nifty. Would gain a lot by having rotation, as it's hard to see some walls.

5.1./5.2./5.3. Lot Usage / Building Density /Lot Division views in chapelry view. Work as intended?

Everything working there.

6. Lot view (by clicking on the lot in the chapelry view). Is data correct and works fine?

Command line when clicking on a building has the text: Here will come respond. Typo: response.
Also, the response field would be better below, not on the side, to avoid scrolling when it fills up.

Some things could do with a little "i" icon (eg, in the building view, "desire"). That'd have a small popup text when the mouse is over it, telling what this means. It's not obvious to newcomers.

Some names missing, eg: https://cryptokingdom.me/land/lot/details/675

A help command in the command line would be good. Or a help link to a command list on another page.

7. Chat in Lot view. (Arrange testing with someone else to get the realtime chat.) How is the practical chatting? Issues? Are you ready to start using this as the main game chat? Why(/not)?

Chat works. It feels not compact enough: it doesn't take many lines to scroll away. Maybe move time on the same line as the nick, and diminish the amount of free space around each person's chat. I'm viewing this on a laptop, so smaller screen than most, maybe.

Needs a /me command, as in IRC Tongue

Since there's a chat per building, it's hard to "meet" by chance. Maybe have an icon over buildings where somehting was said in the last 5 minutes, so people can find others more easily. Otherwise it feels dead and you're missing a reason to stay.

Some people show as "Visitor". There will be many people trying it I guess, so add a number, or somesuch, like "Visitor 23". Numbers can be recycled after a couple days I guess, so they don't become huge.

Timestamps are absolute. Maybe change to "X minutes ago", easier to make sense of them, and then you never have to guess what timezone they're in.

Once, I typed something and the whole thing just seemed to restart scrolling at me from the start. This happened just once.

I remember some lines being doubled. This did not happen to me today, but I'll mention it anyway for completeness, I'm not sure if this got fixed.

On my laptop, in a non fullscreen browser (but almost full size), the chat appears on the bottom, not the side. Not sure it's worth doing anything about it, but just so you know.

8. Agora Marketplace. Does the items listing work? How could it work even better? Is the data correct? Other wishes?

Listing works. It's not always obvious if you're in "my items" or "all items" mode. Could use an extra label/title for this. Dynamic search is great. My suits have year 0. Same for BEER, MEAD. My windows are year 16. My TS156 is year 156. Suits do not have a level (everything else seems to). Again, a "market price" column would be nice.

9. Item view (click on an item in Agora). How this view layout should be? Does all data display correctly? Is command line visible?

Quantity owned is not here. There is "original quantity", which I'm not sure is the same, but it's empty here for BEER (I have 229, as shown in the Agora listing). I think quantiy and description should come before color/material/stone/ckg/cks.

Command line is here. Same comments as for command line above.

10. Command line. Test methodically all the commands below and tell the changes observed in the item ownerships etc. Command syntaxes are as follows:

There seems no way to know which orders are yours. I placed some yesterday.
Nor a way to see what orders of yours were possibly filled while you were away (history).

I can place a buy for MEAD at price 0. This does not show in the orders list, even after reloading the page. An order at 550 shows up without having to reload. I can place a buy order for 0 MEAD at a price of 120. It does not show up in the order book.
Other orders seem to work.

I tried to sell 1 MEAD at 333333333333333333333333333. I got no reply in response, and the order book did not change. I suspect an error in the backend. Selling 1 for 3333 (a more sane price) does the same: no order book change, no output in response.
Now, I tried to buy again, and I got a response telling me the order was passed, but I do not see it in the order book. I think it displays only the first 5, without scrollbar. After that, selling 1 mead for 855 worked.

give mead 1 sphericon -> No such recipient.
The player list that was there weeks ago is now gone, so you can't know the character ID of someone.

give mead 2 5 -> 2 units of mead given to New.
I suspect that's New Liberty, so bug: it uses only the first word in the name.

Giving reduces my count properly.

CONSUME item_id quantity

Works. Item count reduced properly.

Admin, not tested.

CANCELASK item_id max_quantity min_price <-- not implemented when last checked

Trying to cancel an ask I made earlier:
You do not have such an order active.

Trying to cancel an ask I made earlier:
You do not have such an order active.

I do not have stone, not tested.

11. Exchange matching engine. Using normal rules followed in all online exchanges, this should execute the trades when bids and asks match. Tell all the impressions whether it worked as it should, or not.

There was a buy order of 4 mead at 777. I think this was wrong in the first place, but I did not keep the steps before so I can't tell. However, after that, I did:  buy mead 3 777. This did not get me a response, but I saw an extra bid order appear for 1 (ONE) mead at 777. I expected 3, not 1.

Then buy mead 2 800 -> no response, and no order book change, though there were two different sell orders for mead at 800, each for 1 mead.

Trying to cancelbid the new 1 mead at 777 did not work (You do not have such an order active.), trying either with 3 (original command) or 1 (what ended up in the book).

In general, it's not obvious if the command line response is a new message that reads the same as the previous one, or whether nothing was changed. Should clear the response first thing when a new command is entered. Or maybe scroll the responses like in chat, keeping the last three or so.

Testing ending at 8:04 pm
noms

Activity: 220

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 08:33:34 PM

Start test: 8:49pm

logged in noms in chrome
logged in petrarch in IE

clicked agora marketplace for mead

exists: bid for 4 units at 777
exists: ask for 1 unit at 800

noms entered
SELL MEAD 11 777

response: New ask added for 11 units of MEADat a limit price of 777

However, the bid for 4 units at 777 still exists.
refresh page
the bid for 4 units at 777 still exists.

petrarch entered:
buy mead 11 777
Bought 11 units of mead at 777 m/unit, for a total of 8547m.

petrarch entered:
sell mead 4 777
response: New ask added for 4 units of meadat a limit price of 777 .

petrarch entered:
sell mead 2 750

response:
No such item / lot exists or you do not have it
 (this is bad, because I have 221 in my inventory at this moment).

noms entered:
sell mead 2 777
response: New ask added for 2 units of meadat a limit price of 777 .

screen doesn't show the quantity in the ask/bid info updated. I tried

entering this 6-7 more times, and quantity still didn't update in table.

noms entered:
buy mead 1 800
command results: Here will come respond

noms entered:
sell mead 1 800
New ask added for 1 units of meadat a limit price of 800 .
(ask/bid table did update, but now there are two seperate entries saying

800/1)

petrarch enters:
buy mead 800 1

response: New bid added for 800 units of mead at a limit price of 1 .
(bid/ask table does not update)

noms enters:
buy mead 1 2
response: New bid added for 1 units of mead at a limit price of 2 .
table does not update

NOMS ENTERS:
SELL MEAD 2 801
SELL MEAD 2 802
SELL MEAD 2 803
SELL MEAD 2 804

seems to work right to add those bids. However, I think there is a bug. It

looks like the ask list is sorted DESC, when it should be sorted ASC.

I can't seem to see the whole list either, so it is making purchasing quite confusing. I am having a hard time testing whether my bids/asks are working as I cannot see if they are actually accepted or not.

End testing 9:31pm, duration 42 minutes

Monero.
MoneroMooo
Legendary

Activity: 1276
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 08:56:32 PM

There was a buy order of 4 mead at 777. I think this was wrong in the first place, but I did not keep the steps before so I can't tell.

Disregard this, this is explained by noms' testing below, as he was adding these at the same time I was testing Smiley
Karl Hungus

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 03:39:47 AM
Last edit: September 10, 2015, 03:58:21 AM by Karl Hungus

Testing

Login successful & intuitive

Navigation working well. Scope of game not easy to comprehend IMO, maybe add an intermediate introduction page when first logged in with things like CK vital statistics (number of characters, land mass, invested XMR and/or market cap etc), a stylised map graphic of 3d medieval world (think Game of Thrones introduction), a basic description of what CK is e.g. "CK is a roll-playing game of skill that is fun to play, and depending on your skill, might make the time you spend playing it profitable', links to help files and FAQ's, message from the King etc

Data is not correct (gold, silver), looks out of date. Suggest adding health, SCI, CUL, IC

Data appears correct. I think the LHS 'Category' menu could benefit from condensing into a smaller number of top-level categories with expanding sub-categories and items underneath.

Navigation is working well. I suggest for the navigation 'breadcrumb' links use "Land Map > Borrough > Chapelery > Lot", current navigation links doesn't add 'Borrough', but I guess that's because there isn't a borrough view. Data I viewed was accurate. At first I didn't realise where I clicked inside a 'buit' area on the chapelery view determined which lot I would open. Then I discovered "Lot Division", but not straight away so it wasn't obvious to me. I also miss the option of viewing a whole borrough like in the original spreadsheet version (i.e. Ultima goes from town view showing all 9 borroughs to chapelery view, but no borrough view)

Bug, when viewing 'Old Town' in 'Building Density' view I was unable to click and open Embassy Tower, Lot 1-C-F10, but could open all the other lots. I could open Embassy Tower in 'Lot Division' view. Lot 1-C-F10 has density 2.535

6. Lot view (by clicking on the lot in the chapelry view). Is data correct and works fine? Lot view working well, data correct.
Lot data I viewed looked correct.

Checked mutliple lot chats and was able to view and add comments. I made some previous suggestions on game 'chat' in an earlier post.

I made some previous suggestions on Agora Marketplace in an earlier post. I also think the LHS 'Category' menu could benefit from being condensed into a smaller number of top-level categories with expanding menus for sub-categories and items underneath.

I made some previous suggestions on Item view in an earlier post.

10. Command line. Test methodically all the commands below and tell the changes observed in the item ownerships etc. Command syntaxes are as

OZ starting balances
Moneretos: 1,483,734,623
mead: 200

BUY mead 1 804
Bought 1 units of mead at 777 m/unit, for a total of 777m.
NOT what I expected - order book suggested I should have bought 1 unit @ 804
moneritos: 1,483,734,623 - incorrect (unchanged)
mead 201: increased by 1 - correct

SELL mead 2 777
New ask added for 2 units of mead at a limit price of 777 .
NOT what I expected - order book suggested I should have sold 2 units @ 777, order not added to marketplace
Moneretos: 1,483,734,623 (no change)
mead: 201 (no change)

GIVE mead 5 hokusai
5 units of mead given to Hokusai.
OZ mead: 196 - correct (reduced by 5)
Hokusai mead: 205 - correct (increased by 5)
Yes, What I expected

SELL mead 7 800
New ask added for 7 units of mead at a limit price of 800
NOT what I expected, Order not added to marketplace - couldn't test CANCELASK

BUY mead 5 780
Bought 2 units of mead at 777 m/unit, for a total of 1554m.
NOT what I expected, expected my whole bid to be added to the order book, so appears my earlier 'SELL mead 2 777' was in the marketplace but invisible - correct residual bid for 3 mead @780 added to order book

CANCELBID mead 2 780
Order removed.
Removed previous residual Bid order for 3 from previous 'BUY mead 5 780' command (i.e. didn't leave a residual Bid order for 1 unit in the order book as expected)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: