Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 03:13:01 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: what is the best online bitcoin wallet  (Read 22399 times)
Aldri

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 04:39:45 PM

i preffer using blockchain and i think i dont want to using other wallet because i dont want to upload my identity
what wallet requires you to upload your documents? ive never heard of something like that, and almost sounds like bs.

if iam not wrong, coinbase and xapo they need verification identity,i ever try them anyway
correct me if iam wrong
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 04:49:35 PM

i preffer using blockchain and i think i dont want to using other wallet because i dont want to upload my identity
what wallet requires you to upload your documents? ive never heard of something like that, and almost sounds like bs.

if iam not wrong, coinbase and xapo they need verification identity,i ever try them anyway
correct me if iam wrong
coinbase isnt a wallet, its an exchange. ive stated my points earlier in the thread as well. the argument: "i can put my coins there so its a wallet" is not valid; if you do not control your private keys, then its not a wallet. going by the logic "i can put my coins there," a ponzi/hyip site might as well be a wallet. coinbase requires your documents as you are dealing with reversible transactions (CC), with irreversible currency (bitcoin), and you much verify your identity to confirm that it is your money you are using to purchase bitcoin through that bank account. in addition, i have a xapo account, and have used it for minor things, but i have never been asked to provide any documentation whatsoever besides a phone verification for security/2fa.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
Aldri

Activity: 26

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 04:55:08 PM

correct me if iam wrong
coinbase isnt a wallet, its an exchange. ive stated my points earlier in the thread as well. the argument: "i can put my coins there so its a wallet" is not valid; if you do not control your private keys, then its not a wallet. going by the logic "i can put my coins there," a ponzi/hyip site might as well be a wallet. coinbase requires your documents as you are dealing with reversible transactions (CC), with irreversible currency (bitcoin), and you much verify your identity to confirm that it is your money you are using to purchase bitcoin through that bank account. in addition, i have a xapo account, and have used it for minor things, but i have never been asked to provide any documentation whatsoever besides a phone verification for security/2fa.

Oh thank you so much its so clearly,finally i've knew the differnce between wallet and exchanger
madjules007

Activity: 400
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 06:37:20 PM

Oh thank you so much its so clearly,finally i've knew the differnce between wallet and exchanger

Good -- this is a very important distinction. Always remember the cardinal rule: If you don't control the private keys, you don't control the bitcoin. Doesn't matter what your "account balance" says on a website. Gox users found that out the hard way.

To the OP.... online wallets are pretty meh.... blockchain.info if you gotta, since at least you control the keys. But I'd stick to a good desktop wallet like Electrum.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
RISE
fruito

Activity: 392

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 06:44:58 PM

heeh upload your identity for what, we all know bitcoin it's make us anonymous

So you must try dekstop wallet  Wink it's save.
subSTRATA
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 06:45:15 PM

Good -- this is a very important distinction. Always remember the cardinal rule: If you don't control the private keys, you don't control the bitcoin. Doesn't matter what your "account balance" says on a website. Gox users found that out the hard way.

To the OP.... online wallets are pretty meh.... blockchain.info if you gotta, since at least you control the keys. But I'd stick to a good desktop wallet like Electrum.
i wouldnt recommend blockchain.info even as a last resort; ive stated my points on this earlier as well, but tl;dr, their explorer accepts spoofed transactions as valid. there was a whole debacle about satoshi's coins moving some time ago, and it was discovered that this issue only existed on blockchain.info because of this spoofed tx issue. now assuming their wallets work off the blockchain.info block explorer's data, their wallets are vulnerable to abuse.

dripper

Activity: 1

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 08:34:04 PM

Hello. I'm new to crytocurrencys as well.

I've made a wallet on cryptonator.com - does anyone have any experience with it or recommend something more user friendly?
subSTRATA
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 09:06:25 PM

I've made a wallet on cryptonator.com - does anyone have any experience with it or recommend something more user friendly?
havent heard too much on that service, I would recommend you download a wallet program such as multibit for a more user-friendly wallet or electrum if you want to have more control over what you can do with your coins.

Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 09:24:00 PM

havent heard too much on that service, I would recommend you download a wallet program such as multibit for a more user-friendly wallet or electrum if you want to have more control over what you can do with your coins.

Yes people, especially new users, since the older are well aware of this, please do not use online wallets, any! Multibit is a great little wallet (there are many more, but lets stick to this one) that will let you secure your bitcoins and they will be 10 times safer than on some web wallet where you don't even own your private keys.

Just try Multibit for example, run through the setup, make a backup and you will be happy to finally be your own bank!
mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 10:38:40 PM

I wouldnt recommend online wallets, unless youre using it to gamble or make a temp purchase.

Most of the known online wallets like blockchain had way too many incidents that are overlooked. I suggest to stick with desktop wallets and only migrate some portions of bitcoin if you feel like need to use it.

Its just really how its being used.
faince222

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 11:42:38 PM

Absolutely blockchain.info. It is the best and the only official online wallet, it's great, I advice you to try it. You can set the 2FA or other settings, it is very easy to register and use it. Let me know here if you like it Smiley
subSTRATA
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 01:33:20 AM

Absolutely blockchain.info. It is the best and the only official online wallet, it's great, I advice you to try it. You can set the 2FA or other settings, it is very easy to register and use it. Let me know here if you like it Smiley

ill restate:

i wouldnt recommend blockchain.info even as a last resort; ive stated my points on this earlier as well, but tl;dr, their explorer accepts spoofed transactions as valid. there was a whole debacle about satoshi's coins moving some time ago, and it was discovered that this issue only existed on blockchain.info because of this spoofed tx issue. now assuming their wallets work off the blockchain.info block explorer's data, their wallets are vulnerable to abuse.
i really wish people would stop blindly referring to blockchain.info as "the best" without even remembering to consider their past problems. even recently, it was brought up that someone had spoofed transactions to make it appear that satoshi's coins had moved from his address, when no other block explorer showed it.

|BitcoinZ|

Activity: 133
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 08:01:26 AM

coinbase for me Smiley
Eodguy149

Activity: 578
Merit: 554

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 09:34:50 AM

I wouldnt recommend online wallets, unless youre using it to gamble or make a temp purchase.

Most of the known online wallets like blockchain had way too many incidents that are overlooked. I suggest to stick with desktop wallets and only migrate some portions of bitcoin if you feel like need to use it.

Its just really how its being used.

I agree, I am not a huge fan of online wallets at all. There have been too many bad experiences involved in using them so I no longer recommend them to new users, or anyone for that matter. In my opinion cell phone wallets are more secure and less likely to get hacked than desktop wallets if the user is not tech savvy. I recommend Breadwallet for iOS users and Mycelium for Android.

"Initial Success or Total Failure"
british

Activity: 34

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 09:40:04 AM

never upload any documents ...its always dangerous.
kevindurant

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 01:18:51 PM

never upload any documents ...its always dangerous.

It's not always dangerous. If you don't do shady things with Bitcoin you don't need to scare. Get verified only in legit major sites though.

Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 01:42:09 PM

I wanna know what is the best online bitcoin wallet  To start with
as of today, bitcoin core or bitcoin XT
other clients can be security risk (for example privacy leaks, in electrum or similiar)
kevindurant

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 01:45:51 PM

I wanna know what is the best online bitcoin wallet  To start with
as of today, bitcoin core or bitcoin XT
other clients can be security risk (for example privacy leaks, in electrum or similiar)

They are not online wallets. You can say stay away from online wallets until XT -Core fight is over.

kenbytes

Activity: 392

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 01:53:41 PM

blockchain ofcourse!! Cool

oxiyusuf

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 02:05:53 PM

i think every wallet is good,
but of course every program always have the advantages and disadvantages, but I prefer the model and the view of bc.i
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: