Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:22:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DARKETHER DETH NINJA LAUNCH X11 POW POS HYBRID 15k BLOCKS!!!!!  (Read 18741 times)
gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2015, 01:20:09 PM

seems like a bit of pro fud there

Thanks for the baseless slur, my post contains nothing other than facts.

I gave a summary, I've posted full details of the analysis technique elsewhere, I'll include it here in case anyone wants to verify for themselves (the example references a different coin, Achilles but the technique is identical)

gjhiggins, can you tell by the code in the zip if the technology he claims the coin will use actually exists?

There's no evidence of that in the contents of the zip archive. The contents are Godcoin with user-facing strings changed to read “Achilles”, with only the absolutely key parameters changed (rpcport, genesisblock, etc). The only significant functional changes to the codebase are a bigger premine and larger block rewards.

The pastebin listing that I posted contains all the differences between ZenGodcoin source code and ZenAchilles source code.

I found it notable how few differences are actually required to separate one functioning altcoin from another.

If you'd like to take a gander yourself, if only to see what I'm blithering on about, there is a technique which helps. When I put an altcoin under the microscope the first thing I do is use a little Python script I wrote to rebrand the coin as Zencoin (ZENZ). I did this with Godcoin and Achilles, giving me ZenGodcoin and ZenAchilles.

I then compare the two directories and their contents, side-by-side, using a visual diff and merge tool: http://meldmerge.org/. It gives a very clear and accessible visual presentation of differences in directory structure and between files.

What the hey, lets have some piccies ...

Here's a screenshot of ZencoinGodcoin vs ZencoinAchilles:

Meld allows me to double-click the blue-lit names to show the content side-by-side. In a moment, we'll have a look at the differences in base58.h but first I need to draw your attention to the left-and-right vertical navigation scrollers - the coloured blocks show the location of pairs of files that differ. In the directory-level presentation, one coloured block = one filepair. In the above listing, a total of eight (8!) changed files is sufficient to create a functionally distinct altcoin.

There's a similar vertical nav scroller for the file-level presentation and again, coloured bars (a single line differing in content) or coloured blocks (several contiguous lines of code differing). Not too challenging I hope but an illustration should be, er, well, illuminating ...

Here's a screenshot of the one-and-only difference between godcoin/src/base58.h and achilles/src/base58.h:

That's it.

That's the difference which shows up as a blue block in the directory-level display.

Pretty much the same goes for all but a few of the rest of the blue-lit files, e.g. here's a screenshot of the (again, one-and-only) difference between godcoin/src/net.cpp and achilles/src/net.cpp:

I re-ran diff configured to output just the minimum context (filename and line no) for clarity - these are the only differences:
http://pastebin.com/dWht3JRu

And (for eyewatering completeness) files matching the patterns below were excluded from the comparison:
Code:
$ cat notthese
*.qm
*.ts
*.png
*.jpg
*.svg
*.o
*~
*.ico
*.icns

In essence, my workflow runs as follows:
Code:
$ git clone http://github.com/foo/bazcoin.git
$ cd bazcoin
$ rm -rf .git*  # don't need it
$ ln -s bazcoin-qt.pro coin-qt.pro  # allows meld comparison
$ grep 'BTC' src/qt/bitcoinunits.cpp  # what units were actually coded?
$ grep -r BAZZA src/  # ensure no clash with source code
$ ../omm.exe BazCoin BAZZA # use XYZZY to suppress symbol replacement if it'd muck up the source code
$ cd ..
$ meld bazcoin godcoin

If you feel up to it, you can have a go yourself. We've set up a bitbucket repository that you can use:
https://bitbucket.org/minkizmates/zencoin.git

There's a small collection of zenified coins (incl godcoin and achilles) for use when comparing with fresh candidates along with the “omm.exe” Python script to create Zencoins:
https://bitbucket.org/minkizmates/zencoin/src

meld will usefully show 3 sources side-by-side, viewing recently-launched elitecoin, fusecoin and sumcoin side-by-side is quite instructive in showing how little they differ.

HTH

Cheers

Graham

Edited for sense

Drop me a PM if anyone’s interested in accessing a zenified version of hackcoin. A straightforward GH search shows the amount of influence:

https://github.com/search?p=2&q=%22Building+hackcoin%22&type=Code&utf8=%E2%9C%93

“We’ve found 299 code results”

Hackcoin may have been an opportunistic implementation but it has proved popular with altcoin devs.

Cheers

Graham

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DarkEther (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 01:50:59 PM

Good afternoon everyone. I hope you all are happy and full of good food.

I have good news, our website should be online in a few hours. He says he is the making final touches and tests of the applications. One thing I hope you understand is the coin is the base of this project, but there is much more to it. I hope it makes more sense when more info is released.

I have an inbox full of messages. I will reply to them in order, but may take a little while. I would like to address the FUD also, but I need to get translated better so I will not be misunderstood in what I am saying.
shojayxt
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 02:04:39 PM

I have good news, our website should be online in a few hours. He says he is the making final touches and tests of the applications. One thing I hope you understand is the coin is the base of this project, but there is much more to it. I hope it makes more sense when more info is released.

I have an inbox full of messages. I will reply to them in order, but may take a little while. I would like to address the FUD also, but I need to get translated better so I will not be misunderstood in what I am saying.

What you are calling fud are actual facts.  This is nothing more than another crap coin and you know it. 
gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2015, 02:15:15 PM

FTR: was CrusaderCoin, now DarkEther and dev fails basic string replacement task:
That's why i see CRU instead of DETH inside wallet.
How is possible to make those errors?

Ignorance, inexperience, carelessness; perhaps all three (I’m a cognitive psychologist by discipline and I have an interest in cognitive error, so I can provide chapter and verse if required).

The regular expression (aka “regex”) syntax allows for searches to be confined to separable words (too greedy a match and you can end up replacing a lot more than you bargained for). In this instance the ‘m’ and ‘μ’ prefixes create distinct non-matching words which defeats this regex matching strategy.

There will be other characteristic errors, faithfully preserved by unaware devs all the way down the chain, typically where the program abstraction runs a little thin and the specificity of the “Bitcoin” brand name intrudes and defeats a simple regex approach.

One classic example of this is parseBitcoinURI in https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/blob/master/src/qt/guiutil.cpp#L186:

Code:
bool parseBitcoinURI(QString uri, SendCoinsRecipient *out)
{
    // Convert bitcoin:// to bitcoin:
    //
    //    Cannot handle this later, because bitcoin:// will cause Qt to see the part after // as host,
    //    which will lower-case it (and thus invalidate the address).
    if(uri.startsWith("bitcoin://", Qt::CaseInsensitive))
    {
        uri.replace(0, 10, "bitcoin:");
    }
    QUrl uriInstance(uri);
    return parseBitcoinURI(uriInstance, out);
}

The above routine replaces “bitcoin://” in the URL with “bitcoin:” or “starting at 0, nuke the next 10 characters in the URL and replace them with the string ‘bitcoin:’” i.e. remove the forward slashes.

The number 10 in the call uri.replace(0, 10, "bitcoin:") is specific to the length of the specific string “bitcoin://”. If we were working with a hypothetical clone coin called “DarkBlackCoin”, the following simplistic replacement would result in correct syntax but incorrect programme semantics:

uri.replace(0, 10, "darkblackcoin:")

because:

Code:
>>> len('darkblackcoin//:')

To make the intended replacement, the correct invocation would have to be:

uri.replace(0, 16, "darkblackcoin:").

S’not exactly rocket surgery, as you can see.

I can’t recall where I first saw the general solution (perhaps it originated from coingen, they would have needed to get it right) but there is one that is a bit more robust in the face of regex-driven rebranding and which will better preserve the program semantics:

uri.replace(0, std::string("darkblackcoin//:").length(), "darkblackcoin:")

The darkether code is correct (https://github.com/darkether/darkether/blob/master/src/qt/guiutil.cpp#L132),

uri.replace(0, 12, "darkether:");

Code:
>>> len('darkether://')

I suspect that the darkether dev lucked out, benefiting from bitpop’s error (https://github.com/BitpopCoin/BitpopCoin/blob/master/src/qt/guiutil.cpp#L132):

uri.replace(0, 12, "BitpopCoin:");

Code:
>>> len('BitpopCoin://')

it's a common problem, the Nebuchadnezzar dev not so lucky (https://github.com/theclaymanim/thepropechy/blob/master/src/qt/guiutil.cpp#L132)

uri.replace(0, 12, "nebuchadnezzar:");

Code:
>>> len('nebuchadnezzar://')

Cheers

Graham
suchnekky

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 02:27:37 PM

thanks to the update. been mining since the start, quite a bit of action in bittrex irc about this coin. all looking good.

---

and cheers to the nubs who keep attempting to fud by saying its a clone of blah blah.. yep all coins are cloned somewhere. get over it

• ⓢⓤⓒⓗⓝⓔⓚⓚⓨ •
1.25L

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 02:52:17 PM

thanks for the update hope to hear more very soon

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange
█████████    <<  ● Trade Over 200 Cryptos  ● Free Coins every 24hrs!  >>
██████████    <<  ● TUTORIAL: How to earn 1 btc a week  >>
1.25L

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 02:55:49 PM

can we get a graphic/logo comp going on or somthing @dev i will chip in for bounty

suchnekky

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 02:57:59 PM

can we get a graphic/logo comp going on or somthing @dev i will chip in for bounty

someone inbox "logocreator" and link him to this thread.

Ok ill chip in 20k DETH
and 1.25L pledged 150k DETH

• ⓢⓤⓒⓗⓝⓔⓚⓚⓨ •
1.25L

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 03:56:51 PM

did you make a twitter yet?

1.25L

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 04:04:52 PM

i have a hunch that its the same developer as crave and same pump team, 2 out of the 12 peer nodes i have saved from old logs are identical, plus ive reviewed the code, and the coding style is particularly matching.

old codebase or not, still an awsome buy, plenty of coins run old codebases.

hmm. i know whats coming next. you literally cant buy any.
this had to come up eventually i  hope so

shojayxt
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 04:04:59 PM

thanks to the update. been mining since the start, quite a bit of action in bittrex irc about this coin. all looking good.

---

and cheers to the nubs who keep attempting to fud by saying its a clone of blah blah.. yep all coins are cloned somewhere. get over it

There is no fud.  Just facts.
1.25L

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 04:08:16 PM

---

There is no fud.  Just facts.

if they are facts why even waste your time typing them there for its fud trying to get the price down or nothing would have been said

DarkEther (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 05:25:51 PM

I am getting help with my inbox messages right now. I speak English, but maybe not as good as you. I do not want to misunderstand something. Our web developer is in the U.S and speaks well. He will either translate my response or for smaller he will respond. Thank you, things are moving along well.
TomVelvetPaws

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

BTC=1GjeqWFLc4TBDg3bwdQk9ZWnEoNPCT9t6G

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2015, 05:32:17 PM

What you are calling fud are actual facts.  This is nothing more than another crap coin and you know it.  

CRAVE Embrace the privacy movement    ◥
   Your Market. Your Blockchain Business. Your Profit.     ◥
TomVelvetPaws

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

BTC=1GjeqWFLc4TBDg3bwdQk9ZWnEoNPCT9t6G

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2015, 05:34:54 PM

I am getting help with my inbox messages right now. I speak English, but maybe not as good as you. I do not want to misunderstand something. Our web developer is in the U.S and speaks well. He will either translate my response or for smaller he will respond. Thank you, things are moving along well.

Seems like your doing a bang up job so far Dev keep it up.Hope you dont dissapear like so many others or take a holiday and come back to have your coin taken over.Good job so far

CRAVE Embrace the privacy movement    ◥
   Your Market. Your Blockchain Business. Your Profit.     ◥
1.25L

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 05:35:35 PM

wheres the web page you said 2 hours 4 hours ago

DarkEther (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 06:00:45 PM

Here is screen chop. There are some things I am not happy with that need to be changed before.

https://i.imgur.com/04iIV3u.png
1.25L

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 06:09:01 PM

Here is screen chop. There are some things I am not happy with that need to be changed before.

was fun while it lasted x6 my money thank you for the btc

DarkEther (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 06:13:00 PM

https://i.imgur.com/04iIV3u.png
was fun while it lasted x6 my money thank you for the btc

I am not sure I understand? You dislike this? Sorry you are leaving, but thank you for the support.
1.25L

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 06:16:22 PM

REKT

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: