Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 12:40:02 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ripple vs Ethereum  (Read 6266 times)
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 1364

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 09:27:02 PM

ETH is the second choice after BTC. If someone has extra money to buy ETH - the right choice. In addition, watching the very significant price movement. I think that the price of ETH will reach the highest point by the end of 2018

Agree. In my eyes, Ethereum will always be better than Ripple, simply because it's a decentralized cryptocurrency giving the power back to the people. Anyone can join or leave Ethereum at will and can participate in it without restrictions or any limitations whatsoever. However, while centralized "cryptocurrencies" like Ripple, offer an advantage in terms of speed and costs against decentralized cryptos like Ethereum, they're not worth it since any single entity can control the network within any given point in time. Funds can be frozen, and accounts can be purged since there's a single point of failure in Ripple, unlike Ethereum and many other cryptocurrencies we know and love today.

As such, I believe that Ethereum will always remain on top of Ripple, although Ripple has managed to find a place in the centralized financial world. The future could be such where Ripple would be used as the infrastructure for banks, while Ethereum would become the infrastructure of decentralized and autonomous applications in the mainstream world. Therefore, despite such facts, both Ethereum and Ripple will survive for many years to come. Just my opinion Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
trobbert

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 09:44:28 PM

Ripple allows you to make currency transfers almost instantly on a variety of platforms, which is one of the main reasons for the unrest around the Ripple product. Ripple offers considerable control over the system, and although this is attractive to the banking sector, it also led to the enthusiasm of cryptocurrency people criticizing the digital money solution. The struggle of the Ethereum with Ripple will be continued for many years, but Bitcoin will have a major investment, preserving its dominant position in the market.
kortwyss

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 05:57:53 PM

ETH has a lot of problems to its network though its a good platform, XRP has advantages if we are talking to tx confirmation speeds and it is much more cheaper to the new investors, but eth is more matured than XRP i will still choose ETH over XRP because it isnt that centralized like XRP.
bitgov

Activity: 1554
Merit: 260

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 05:58:59 PM

I always choose ethereum coin even if the ripple are surprisingly surpass ETH place. But is only a day not a permanent place.
That is true, etherum is better if we talk about pemanent place but if we talk about coming pumps or bigger differences in price than ripple could surprise us.

███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
yrrehc16

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 05:59:11 PM

I never get into RIPPLE, i used to have ETHEREUM even before as i dont trust the team of XRP.
their movement and news are not good to me.
the market is also controllable by the team.
valentine401

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 06:05:23 PM

im not an altcoin guy but im suddenly interested , as i can see on coinmarketcap there is ripple just after bitcoin then after it litecoin and ethereum , still isee a lotof people speaking about ethereum more then they do about ripple i just checked the website on ethereum and for some reasons i didn't understand anything , can't even find an executable file to download and if it's on beta will people lose their ether later (that's if they are storing them anywhere)

If you are planning to invest on what of this coins you have mentioned then i highly prefer that you should be placing your money on ethereum coins because most of the traders in the market prefer eth more than other altcoins which makes the price of eth to grow even more and it was guaranteed that you can get your profit.
eydrea

Activity: 235
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 06:08:15 PM

i never tried ripple yet. Im a ethereum supporter type of person here in bitcointalk. I will always choose Ethereum compared to other altcoins in the cryptocurrency market. But i think is a very good idea to make these coins work together. Imagine if you combined Ethereum, Ripple and Maidsafe. You will get a whole decentralized computing and financial ahead. Maybe we can consider these three coins. They got a good technologies behind them.
Abiky
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 06:23:54 PM

Ripple allows you to make currency transfers almost instantly on a variety of platforms, which is one of the main reasons for the unrest around the Ripple product. Ripple offers considerable control over the system, and although this is attractive to the banking sector, it also led to the enthusiasm of cryptocurrency people criticizing the digital money solution. The struggle of the Ethereum with Ripple will be continued for many years, but Bitcoin will have a major investment, preserving its dominant position in the market.

Completely agree with you, mate. Ripple being a centralized "cryptocurrency" is extremely fast and dirt cheap in fees when compared against other cryptocurrencies we know and love today. While this is a great advantage for money transfers across the world, Ripple is still a centralized "cryptocurrency" which means that it'll be subject to the same flaws as banks and centralized fiat currency. Since the whole purpose of the blockchain is decentralization ever since it was created with Bitcoin, I believe that decentralized coins like Ethereum will win in the end. People want freedom these days considering how long governments and banks have oppressed them economically. With decentralized cryptocurrencies, the economy would become free from external manipulation or third-party interference, giving the power back to the people.

Not to mention, Ethereum is much more advanced than Ripple itself, which provides smart contracts for anyone to execute without restrictions or censorship, if the required amount of Ether is paid. Therefore, I believe that the future lies in decentralized cryptocurrencies where people would gain autonomy over their funds. Just my opinion Smiley

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
campingSider

Activity: 108

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 02:13:52 PM

Between ripple and ethereum, I am prefer choosing ethereum, because with smart contract many token using ethereum network and that make demand on ethereum will increasing
bohboh

Activity: 499
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 02:21:19 PM

I will choose ETH over Ripple which am sure 90% of people will choose ETH also,
Just as Bitcoin is king over other coins so as ETH king over Ripple regardless of it's price.
Therefore, just go with etherium.
Haliburton

Activity: 502
Merit: 118

Liberated Forever. Domesticated Never.

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 09:14:46 PM

i never tried ripple yet. Im a ethereum supporter type of person here in bitcointalk. I will always choose Ethereum compared to other altcoins in the cryptocurrency market. But i think is a very good idea to make these coins work together. Imagine if you combined Ethereum, Ripple and Maidsafe. You will get a whole decentralized computing and financial ahead. Maybe we can consider these three coins. They got a good technologies behind them.

Me neither. I've never tried Ripple because it is centralized, and never will. Cryptocurrencies and Blockchain is all about decentralization which was the reason why they were created in the first place. If that's taken from them, then you will deal with a system that’s similar to banks or real-world money backed by governments. In all means, Ethereum is way better than Ripple simply because it is decentralized and allows anyone to interact with smart contracts without the need of a middleman.

By providing a trustless system for people to make payments and interact with censorship-resistant applications, you can rest assured that the cryptocurrency will stand the time of time. Ethereum fits the bill quite nicely, and I think that it will always stay ahead of Ripple, due to the high demand and support of everyday people. On the contrary, Ripple will fail and become subject to manipulation of its company, banks, and even governments in the future. But, time will tell us which coin will stay, and which coin will leave from crypto land. Smiley

Abiky
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 07:40:05 PM

Between ripple and ethereum, I am prefer choosing ethereum, because with smart contract many token using ethereum network and that make demand on ethereum will increasing

Agree. Ethereum will always have a greater level of demand than Ripple itself. The vast number of tokens created on the Ethereum network, shows that there's huge interest from individuals to businesses alike in the mainstream world. In contrast, Ripple (or the XRP token) has no real uses, except to serve as a payment routing layer for banks. Since it's highly centralized, the fate of Ripple's survival in the mainstream world, depends on its company's success and the number of banks using the ledger.

On the other hand, Ethereum's fate depends on the people using and backing it as a decentralized cryptocurrency. It's flexibility, and extended functionality, will bring lots of demand over time. Therefore, I believe that most people would prefer to deal in a decentralized system like Ethereum, rather than use a centralized system like Ripple which is subject to the same failures as banks. Just my thoughts Grin

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
Uderlord

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 07:44:50 PM

The MEW wallet is suitable for Ethereum and its tokens,and it is impossible to compare these currencies,since ripple is a blockchain in the basis for banks, and Ethereum is a platform for smart contracts and applications.
Tim Murray

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 09:36:10 AM

Both coins fell heavily in price. But I will choose to invest in the Ethereum. This is due to the fact that the Ethereum is very popular all over the world.                                                                              
NeedIfFindIt

Activity: 500
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 07:05:15 AM

I think it is not right to compare ripple and ethereum as they are very different coins and they are used for completely different purposes. Frost of all, ripple is a centralized coins which has been backed up by banks. Ethereum is totally free from that.
altcoin4u

Activity: 159

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 06:32:32 AM

Between those two I would definitelly choose Ethereum, Ripple can be good and perspective enough to compete LiteCoin, but not the Ethereum. I think it will be something around top 10 soon.
Yokoyoki

Activity: 16

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 06:43:15 AM

im not an altcoin guy but im suddenly interested , as i can see on coinmarketcap there is ripple just after bitcoin then after it litecoin and ethereum , still isee a lotof people speaking about ethereum more then they do about ripple i just checked the website on ethereum and for some reasons i didn't understand anything , can't even find an executable file to download and if it's on beta will people lose their ether later (that's if they are storing them anywhere)

More definitely the ethereum that will prevail, the ripple is no match for ethereum and will never fight ethereum. And to hold in the long term ethereum is more reliable.
Eidelweis flower

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 07:05:28 AM

Ripple and Ethereum are both good coints, but I personally prefer ethereum, the prospect of ethereum for the future is good, until now any altcoint has not been able to outperform ethereum, investment in ethereum is not a loss
Leftneck

Activity: 476

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 07:09:32 AM

I think ethereum is still a good choice for long-term investing.
and easy to use in transactions.

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
Blueblade

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 07:10:19 AM

Ethereum second largest crypto currency in the world, ripple third largest crypto currency in the world. Will Ripple overtake ethereum no chance that's not possible, ripple and ethereum my choice is ethereum. Ethereum is most promising coin ethereum better than ripple.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: