Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 08:08:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ripple vs Ethereum  (Read 6256 times)
fransxavariustintin

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 02:47:21 AM

Ethereum and Ripple are 2 altcoins that have different characters, they both have a high market capitalization than other altcoins, they are a very important atlcon on crypto, I think we do not need to compare too much between Ethereum and Ripple, I prefer if have these 2 altcoins in my portfolio, I do not want to be a narrow-minded person, I will accept Ethereum and Ripple, because Ethereum and Ripple can give you an edge.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
yansen

Activity: 588
Merit: 106

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 02:57:24 AM

im not an altcoin guy but im suddenly interested , as i can see on coinmarketcap there is ripple just after bitcoin then after it litecoin and ethereum , still isee a lotof people speaking about ethereum more then they do about ripple i just checked the website on ethereum and for some reasons i didn't understand anything , can't even find an executable file to download and if it's on beta will people lose their ether later (that's if they are storing them anywhere)
decentralization vs. centralization, two systems having significant differences. I prefer ethereum. although there is a possibility of loss. only if lost is our fault. but RIPPLE is centralized. when investing there is no guarantee as well. but the loss could be caused by the ripple owner. so for investment I choose ethereum.
Go jack1

Activity: 219
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 03:06:49 AM

I think ETH is still better than ripple because of the stable price as well as the many investors who invest in it. hopefully this ETH will be better until the end of the year and the price could be better again
rajapatr1

Activity: 189
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 03:59:27 AM

If you set out to do a little research you would realize that you can not compare these two currencies, Ripple is a very good option low cost and practices both commercially and only for some investments that could be profitable in the long term.
On the other hand Ethereum is much more reliable and stable, many people use it daily for their low cost transactions.
pambud

Activity: 360
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 04:46:02 AM

Maybe you are right , but you can't compare these two with completely different fields and world , for me I believe Ethereum more than Ripple .
podimanikee

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 07:28:00 AM

I figure XRP will overwhelm ETH sooner rather than later. Despite the fact that ETH is an exceptionally mainstream stage today. Most ICO ventures keep running on the ERC20 stage. In any case, the innovation period 4.0 isn't. ERC20 will be the past, there will be advancements, stages that develop past ERC20, ETH. I trust the XRP for its down to earth applications. So I figure XRP will be over ETH. Not just that, the gaining of XRP is 100 billion, so the capitalization will be to a great degree extensive, considerably greater than the BTC.
Mr.Gun

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 07:50:45 AM

im not an altcoin guy but im suddenly interested , as i can see on coinmarketcap there is ripple just after bitcoin then after it litecoin and ethereum , still isee a lotof people speaking about ethereum more then they do about ripple i just checked the website on ethereum and for some reasons i didn't understand anything , can't even find an executable file to download and if it's on beta will people lose their ether later (that's if they are storing them anywhere)

This comparison would be something like comparing an elephant with a whale. Two entirely different animal optimized for two entirely different living area Smiley. Ripple is an IOU system for making different stuff (e.g.: elephant to BTC) easily swappable, while ETH is basically a framework for making contracts and then enforcing and verifying the processing of these contracts. As relaying between different systems is also possible, in the future it could be a framework for glueing together different platforms.

It's in alpha so there are no binaries like a ready to use QT wallet. You need to deploy it as it described here: https://www.ethereum.org/cli.

Well said and the analogy makes sense. Different coin for different purposes.

This is what I think: Ethereum will survive and Ripple will die for sure. Why? Because Ripple is centralized. Just my opinion, though  Roll Eyes

But on the other hand, since ripple is centralized and banks love it, which is why it might survive and see some real world use quicker than eth.
Personally, which I see day to day Ripple is recovering and now many people are choosing Ethereum compared to Ripple but these two coins are now in recovery therefore I am sure these two coins can both come back and could rise in price because Ethereum itself has good growth and can benefit quickly
twicezeroiszero

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 09:47:50 AM

This comparison would be something like comparing an elephant with a whale. Two entirely different animal optimized for two entirely different living area Smiley. Ripple is an IOU system for making different stuff (e.g.: elephant to BTC) easily swappable, while ETH is basically a framework for making contracts and then enforcing and verifying the processing of these contracts. As relaying between different systems is also possible, in the future it could be a framework for glueing together different platforms.

It's in alpha so there are no binaries like a ready to use QT wallet. You need to deploy it as it described here: https://www.ethereum.org/cli.

Well said and the analogy makes sense. Different coin for different purposes.

This is what I think: Ethereum will survive and Ripple will die for sure. Why? Because Ripple is centralized. Just my opinion, though  Roll Eyes

But on the other hand, since ripple is centralized and banks love it, which is why it might survive and see some real world use quicker than eth.
Personally, which I see day to day Ripple is recovering and now many people are choosing Ethereum compared to Ripple but these two coins are now in recovery therefore I am sure these two coins can both come back and could rise in price because Ethereum itself has good growth and can benefit quickly

We are comparing the technology between to cryptocurrencies, the value is nothing in this discuss.
You have to remember, the value depends on the demand of the investor, while the technology can decide the growth of cryptocurrency in the future, of course, for a long time.

Tra

╓███▄
                            ]████▌
                            ]███▀
         ╓▄▄█████████▄▄    ,▄█▀  
      ▄████▀▀█████µ   `▀▓██▀`    

╓████╜   ╙███████▄▄█▀▀`▀▄    
   ]███▌        "▀██████▌    ▓Ç  
   ]███        ,▄█▀" ▀████   ]█  

▓██      ▄█▀▀     ▓███▌  á█  
     ▀██╖ ╓▄█▀        ▓███▌ ▄█▌  
       ▀███▒         ╓███████`   

,▄██╜"▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀▀      
   ,▄██▀                         
  ▄██▌                           

╓████▌                           
█████┘                           
 ▀▀▀                             
ion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
 Transitions You to A Crypto-ready Society 

Github   Telegram   Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Reddit   Youtube
 TRADE AND EARN DURING PRE-ICO 
u
\ \ \ \
/ / / /
PRE-SALE STARTS APRIL 15, 2018
/ / / /
\ \ \ \
u
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1362

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 07:59:04 PM

If we would have to compare between these two currencies, in my opinion Ethereum is much better because many people are trusting and also investing to have long-term profits. And Ripple would be the cheapest and most practical option.

Exactly. Ethereum will always be better than Ripple, simply because its decentralized while the latter is not. However, in terms of TPS and fees, then XRP (Ripple) easily outperforms Ethereum by a long shot. Even if this is a huge advantage for XRP, most people would prefer to deal with Ethereum because of obvious reasons. Nobody wants to transact in a ledger that's highly manipulated by a central authority (in this case the Ripple company and the government).

As such, they'll look for alternatives that would give them control over their own money without fear of getting their funds or assets frozen in the long term. Ripple defeats the true purpose of a blockchain since it brings back the middleman. It's more of a distributed database than a real blockchain, which may not go far in the future. However, it all depends on the level of adoption both cryptocurrencies (ETH and XRP) would experience over the long term. And the one which proves to be usable, will be such that will prevail in the mainstream world. Just my thoughts Grin

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
sandgluenick

Activity: 644

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 08:50:50 PM

I prefer coins that I feel are safe for long-term investments. so I chose ETH rather than Ripple because I think ETH is a reliable coin for the future because of its very high demand and also very useful for investors.
laptevnikita

Activity: 82

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 08:59:45 PM

Ripple and ethereum are completely different coins!
Ethereum - platform for ico
Ripple - payment system - for example as paypal
zelda131292

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 10:05:04 PM

The truth is that neither of these two currencies is similar, if we would have to compare them Ethereum would be better for their big projects and also because it has great potential. Due to this many people trust in their growth, knowing that it is very used to generate great profits by investing in this currency. Ripple instead is a cheaper option for less profitable investments.

In bitcoin we trust!
Rejinx

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 08:11:37 AM

My beginning acceptance of assets to my portfolio from these cardinal is ethereum and 2nd is ripple as ethereum has and honored so ripple. Ripple overhaul is brobdingnagian and it testament change complete less so ethereum in future.
Donationcoin

Activity: 392

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 12:20:43 PM

In this battle Ripple is not having any chances to win, because if we will comparing you to some other cryptocurrencies that we have probably a ribald can be better but in comparing with Ethereum Smiley
batareya

Activity: 68

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 12:24:53 PM

In any situation I choose ETH ,and chose .  Ethereum is better than Ripple . There are a lot of communities that support Ethereum.
Shazxdx

Activity: 193

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 12:26:08 PM

Both have worth but for different purposes.
BaraxLo

Activity: 910
Merit: 512

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 08:34:57 AM

Ethereum and Ripple are two very good coins and are now on the list of the best 5 coins but if for the investment I prefer Ethereum, Ethereum the price is quite stable so it is suitable for investment.
When it comes to that of making a comparison in between coins like that of the ripple and ETH, it gets very much difficult to declare any of the coin as the favourite coin as both the coins are equally profitable and that they can then help the ones who have invested their money into these coins in having some good earning. ETH is a better option as we can hold it as well as use it for day trading.
Fasdartin

Activity: 618
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 12:10:06 PM

Ethereum and Ripple are two very good coins and are now on the list of the best 5 coins but if for the investment I prefer Ethereum, Ethereum the price is quite stable so it is suitable for investment.
When it comes to that of making a comparison in between coins like that of the ripple and ETH, it gets very much difficult to declare any of the coin as the favourite coin as both the coins are equally profitable and that they can then help the ones who have invested their money into these coins in having some good earning. ETH is a better option as we can hold it as well as use it for day trading.
i will choose is ethereum because this ethereum is a second to a bitcoin. these ethereum is most like bitcoin many people wanted invest because like bitcoin they trust ethereum for their investment and also ethereum have good comments when you read about ethereum forum. ethereum is much more reliable and stable coins when you decide to invest in any altcoin. ethereum is a best choice.
koshkatrol

Activity: 74

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 12:13:53 PM

Ethereum's blockchain is the most popular ,in our time . Which supports many projects .
Nemonemo

Activity: 770

Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 12:15:05 PM

But if I think personally if comparing it between ethereum with ripple of course I prefer ethereum,
because I think the ethereum is more promising than the ripple itself,
so yes it all depends on the personal decisions of each

AIGO
Adoption Blockchain
e-Commerce to World

..Find Us!:..

▄███▄
▀███▀

▄███▄    ▄██▄    ▄█████▄
█████    ████▄██████████▄
█████    ████████████████
█████    ███████▀  ███████
█████    █████▀      ██████
█████    █████        █████
▀███▀    ▀███▀        ▀███▀

▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: