Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 05:51:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ripple vs Ethereum  (Read 6256 times)
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1362

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 09:27:33 PM

Ripple for me interesting coins but ethereum are better for me. I think ethereum is more safe and strong. Ripple maybe have future but i think it coin not for easy hold.

Agree. Ethereum has a strong network topology, and a massive number of users performing transactions on it, in contrast to Ripple. This is because, Ethereum is decentralized while Ripple is extremely centralized and manipulated by its internal company. No matter how much they hype their XRP cryptocurrency, it may not get far, since it defeats the true value proposition of blockchains. Nakamoto introduced the blockchain with Bitcoin in the first place, to eliminate the needs of trusting a bank, or a third party, with the means of creating a decentralized system in the hands of everyday people.

Bitcoin, Ethereum, and most cryptocurrencies out there fit such purpose, but Ripple decided to bring back the middleman or third party, defeating the whole purpose of a blockchain. Therefore, I believe that Ethereum will be the most ideal choice to invest into than Ripple for said reasons. Ripple shouldn't even be called a blockchain, but rather a distributed database which can be modified anytime by corporate entities. Maybe XRP would have a future despite all of this, but Ethereum will always remain in the lead. Just my thoughts Grin

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jorgelugra

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 09:32:39 PM

Ether is much better as it has more benefits, it is more multifunctional and it is more expensive. I think that ether is the second one after btc which makes it a worthy choice for the long-term holders today
mattroibecon24

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 04:12:43 AM

I personally do not see how the two coins can be compared. They are fundamentally different. Not to mention that Ripple is centralized and has nothing to do with the idea of a crypto currency
d2dd

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 04:30:21 AM

I think Ethereum is my best choice rather than a ripple. Ethereum is a decentralized cryptocurrency and plays an important role for ICO campaigns called smart contacts and has a sophisticated system. Whereas ripple is a central cryptocurrency and is used by banks.But for me Ethereum is the best.
MancyZz

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 07:34:10 AM

im not an altcoin guy but im suddenly interested , as i can see on coinmarketcap there is ripple just after bitcoin then after it litecoin and ethereum , still isee a lotof people speaking about ethereum more then they do about ripple i just checked the website on ethereum and for some reasons i didn't understand anything , can't even find an executable file to download and if it's on beta will people lose their ether later (that's if they are storing them anywhere)

This comparison would be something like comparing an elephant with a whale. Two entirely different animal optimized for two entirely different living area Smiley. Ripple is an IOU system for making different stuff (e.g.: elephant to BTC) easily swappable, while ETH is basically a framework for making contracts and then enforcing and verifying the processing of these contracts. As relaying between different systems is also possible, in the future it could be a framework for glueing together different platforms.

It's in alpha so there are no binaries like a ready to use QT wallet. You need to deploy it as it described here: https://www.ethereum.org/cli.
Ripple and Ethereum this is an Altcoin which continues to be a huge advantage every time. with its potential is capable of being a precious coin like gold in the future. I believe by having this coin and relying on it as a costly main coin.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
frediiii

Activity: 335
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 06:12:14 PM

I must admit that ripple has received recognition by many companies who are considered to be financial giants. But I don't like the idea of  a centralized cryptocurrency, it is against  the original intention of decentralization.
PastirmaliYumurta

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

PRIVATE FEDERATED BLOCKCHAIN

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 06:13:21 PM

It may be a little ridiculous to compare two. But my preference is that the decentral..

sonheko

Activity: 46

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 08:14:45 AM

As you know the greater the amount of the circulating supply the lesser the valuation of the coin, the Ethereum coin has a multi-million number of coins in the market whereas in competition you may observe that ripple has billions of coin circulating in the market, these high number of coins ensure a lesser price value hence low returns.
Fourgh

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 08:17:40 AM

Each altcoin is unique from the orher and both have different platforms. I cant say who's better but both coina are going at the right direction.

provalentine

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 07:53:12 AM

Ripple is not decentralized crypto currency, which means that it can not be trusted because data can always be forged, I do not accept this as a whole, so I avoid it and advise everyone to avoid it!!!
KarleenDion

Activity: 181

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 08:03:04 AM

Ethereum and Ripple are two very good coins and are now on the list of the best 5 coins but if for the investment I prefer Ethereum, Ethereum the price is quite stable so it is suitable for investment.
Blackmoon84

Activity: 18

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 08:06:36 AM

The price of ethereum before it's one digit only but if you see today it's 3 digit and last week ago the price become more than $1000. I hope ethereum will increase more.  Even the price of ripple today is $1 if you compared to the price last few years ago it's totally big difference because the price is only satoshi.I think that the ripple has good prospects for the future. because it is a very good and correct coin.
Remulewak

Activity: 38

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 10:24:36 PM

I incline toward swell, Ripple which is produced by Ripple Network Cryptocurrency. This single virtual cash was discharged between 2012/2013. It utilizes the celebrated Concesus calculation safely as far as exchanges. Around then it had a market capitalization of $ 1.26 billion. Also, as indicated by information, in 2017 back he has gone up by 36,000 percent.
Bitcoin_Makers

Activity: 124

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 10:36:22 PM

You claim that Ripple is better than Ethereum? I would like to disappoint you and say that this is absolutely wrong. People lose their Ethereum just because of their carelessness.
Haliburton

Activity: 502
Merit: 118

Liberated Forever. Domesticated Never.

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 05:33:54 PM

I must admit that ripple has received recognition by many companies who are considered to be financial giants. But I don't like the idea of  a centralized cryptocurrency, it is against  the original intention of decentralization.

Me neither. But, Ripple seems that it could become successful after all, especially in the regulated financial sector, since it meets with the necessary requirements to be used in financial institutions around the world. Being centralized, gives it the advantage to comply with regulations in case any illegal activity is found on the ledger. In this case, funds can be easily frozen, preventing such activities from occurring in the real world. But, compared with Ethereum, it's way behind it, as the latter provides decentralization, greater security, and flexibility to deploy smart contracts.

Ethereum can sustain itself by the community supporting it, and its development team. Being decentralized and open source, is what makes Ethereum stronger each day. While transaction throughput is way behind XRP, it's still useful as a cryptocurrency for payments or interacting with decentralized applications. In the end, both cryptocurrencies will remain in the blockchain space for quite a long time. Smiley

mr-sk

Activity: 117

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 06:50:11 PM

If we would have to compare between these two currencies, in my opinion Ethereum is much better because many people are trusting and also investing to have long-term profits. And Ripple would be the cheapest and most practical option.

Telegram
untilshok

Activity: 37

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 06:57:31 PM

Of course, that Ethereum, invest only in it at the moment is the best. A lot of tokens goes to Ethereum
Yolikerum

Activity: 43

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 01:54:46 AM

ETH has a considerable measure of issues to its system however its a decent stage, XRP has preferences in the event that we are conversing with tx affirmation velocities and it is significantly more less expensive to the new speculators, yet eth is more developed than XRP I will at present pick ETH over XRP on the grounds that it isnt that brought together like XRP.
NoErrorscreenstim

Activity: 38

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 02:10:50 AM

Of course, that Ethereum, invest only in it at the moment is the best. A lot of tokens goes to Ethereum
Ethereum is much better to invest in, Bitcoin would be the most important investment out of the two if you were thinking about what to invest in.
Ripple is not worth it.
RavenousKatana

Activity: 54

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 02:36:31 AM

Ethereum is far better and already proven. So it is Ethereum for me.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: