Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 08:58:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Yesminer M20 / M10  (Read 46848 times)
mindtrip
Legendary

Activity: 1167
Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2015, 12:26:09 PM

- 16nm 3D FinFET Bitcoin (SHA-256) Miner
- 20000 GH/s (20 TH/s)
- 1500W (at the wall)

dream on at 1500watt at the wall. And another company to provide pre orders. With all the s7 that is about to come online these not even going to be worth it. I will be glad to take a test unit as proof they are real or this is Nominer at all and just another fake company doing their rounds of scams like many other company's who make claims and fail to deliver.

even with delivery by January I suspect well see new hardware from the big manufacturers by then even if they're only sold as cloud hashing and not physical miners to the public as it appears KnC will be going that route. I also suspect Bitmain will release a more dense miner package within a few months
TheRealSteve

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

FUN > ROI

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 02:30:05 PM

For those who semi-follow the German threads.. a new video was posted which supposedly shows the unit mining.  As I noted in a comment that was deleted by the thread starter ( no complaint, just that I can't point to it now ), it doesn't really prove anything.  Other ventures that ended up being scammy (e.g. labcoin) had gone down that route in the past as well.  It would be exceedingly simple to take the enclosure, put some fake data on the internal screen, show a laptop beside it with a live view of a pool (in this case they chose eligius) and say "see? it's hashing!" when in reality the pool's stats are from hashing power coming either from a different machine, or even from some rented hash (the video is pretty short, renting 20Th for a little while is well-spent if it means sales).

This is as much commentary on companies that try to 'prove' their (hardware's) existence as it is on people demanding things like pictures and videos when these are so readily fabricated.  The corollary to it is that a company that isn't reputable and/or doesn't provide solid material to reputable forum members (and even that can be iffy - see BFL) can jump through a bunch of hoops with perfectly valid hardware, and still find themselves with people who have no reason to be convinced.

yxt
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 1116

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 04:03:03 PM

stay away, there is no proof on anything.
But imho many indications for a scam

I have offered them to sign a NDA, take a look at the prototype and buy the whole batch if I am satisfied.
They refused the offer with strange arguments. You can draw your own conclusions.

BTCKano Pool██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██
██
██
██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
mavericklm

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 10:40:12 PM

Where is my miner??? i preorder an NoMiner X200!!! 200zetahash powAAA Roll Eyes
mindtrip
Legendary

Activity: 1167
Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2015, 12:49:31 AM

need more power  Grin
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 04:57:54 AM

- 16nm 3D FinFET Bitcoin (SHA-256) Miner
- 20000 GH/s (20 TH/s)
- 1500W (at the wall)

dream on at 1500watt at the wall. And another company to provide pre orders. With all the s7 that is about to come online these not even going to be worth it. I will be glad to take a test unit as proof they are real or this is Nominer at all and just another fake company doing their rounds of scams like many other company's who make claims and fail to deliver.

even with delivery by January I suspect well see new hardware from the big manufacturers by then even if they're only sold as cloud hashing and not physical miners to the public as it appears KnC will be going that route. I also suspect Bitmain will release a more dense miner package within a few months

I doubt very much they have the equipment sent a bunch of emails off yesterday after posting and had no response to them. So their 1 busy 2 not interested 3 scam and my theory is option 2 and 3 and theri a scam and only here to get peoples funds. With regards to someone doing an NDA and they don't want to that is upto them. Even still with NDA most wont unless they got the equipment and seems these are just making claims and pre orders. Maybe if we all see a video in action turning it on configuring and then some Maybe would stand a chance. But even pre orders now days game over.

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 05:10:16 AM

For those who semi-follow the German threads.. a new video was posted which supposedly shows the unit mining.  As I noted in a comment that was deleted by the thread starter ( no complaint, just that I can't point to it now ), it doesn't really prove anything.  Other ventures that ended up being scammy (e.g. labcoin) had gone down that route in the past as well.  It would be exceedingly simple to take the enclosure, put some fake data on the internal screen, show a laptop beside it with a live view of a pool (in this case they chose eligius) and say "see? it's hashing!" when in reality the pool's stats are from hashing power coming either from a different machine, or even from some rented hash (the video is pretty short, renting 20Th for a little while is well-spent if it means sales).

This is as much commentary on companies that try to 'prove' their (hardware's) existence as it is on people demanding things like pictures and videos when these are so readily fabricated.  The corollary to it is that a company that isn't reputable and/or doesn't provide solid material to reputable forum members (and even that can be iffy - see BFL) can jump through a bunch of hoops with perfectly valid hardware, and still find themselves with people who have no reason to be convinced.

yeah my posts pointing out also seem to have gone "poof" from this thread Smiley...so I will point out again Smiley that there was a youtube video on yesminers (now pulled) nov/dec 2014 stating 20TH miner then (showed a cgminer screen only)

and repeat that a simple drag some reporter to your 'lab' show the thing running and chips etc...I'm sure the local paper would be thrilled at such a story..and viola
your miner is validated..but alas not so...so alas it is all just a bunch of hooey Smiley

so they are trollling again for newbie $$$ here 10 months later Smiley

(well we will see how long this post lasts)

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
BLOCK_C

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 09:25:44 PM

Obvious scam.
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 06:31:44 AM

For those who semi-follow the German threads.. a new video was posted which supposedly shows the unit mining.  As I noted in a comment that was deleted by the thread starter ( no complaint, just that I can't point to it now ), it doesn't really prove anything.  Other ventures that ended up being scammy (e.g. labcoin) had gone down that route in the past as well.  It would be exceedingly simple to take the enclosure, put some fake data on the internal screen, show a laptop beside it with a live view of a pool (in this case they chose eligius) and say "see? it's hashing!" when in reality the pool's stats are from hashing power coming either from a different machine, or even from some rented hash (the video is pretty short, renting 20Th for a little while is well-spent if it means sales).

This is as much commentary on companies that try to 'prove' their (hardware's) existence as it is on people demanding things like pictures and videos when these are so readily fabricated.  The corollary to it is that a company that isn't reputable and/or doesn't provide solid material to reputable forum members (and even that can be iffy - see BFL) can jump through a bunch of hoops with perfectly valid hardware, and still find themselves with people who have no reason to be convinced.

yeah my posts pointing out also seem to have gone "poof" from this thread Smiley...so I will point out again Smiley that there was a youtube video on yesminers (now pulled) nov/dec 2014 stating 20TH miner then (showed a cgminer screen only)

and repeat that a simple drag some reporter to your 'lab' show the thing running and chips etc...I'm sure the local paper would be thrilled at such a story..and viola
your miner is validated..but alas not so...so alas it is all just a bunch of hooey Smiley

Well your posts should not be getting pulled from here as it is not self moderated so your posts should be kept. Their is https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1125157.0 that is self moderated and looks to be original one with the OP still around. Will be interesting to see how things progress, if it turns out not to be a scam will be hella interesting to see speeds, but if their was a video of cgminer showing hash rate than that can easily be faked with other miners added or simply rented or photo shopped.

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 08:36:07 AM

Well your posts should not be getting pulled from here as it is not self moderated so your posts should be kept. Their is https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1125157.0 that is self moderated and looks to be original one with the OP still around. Will be interesting to see how things progress, if it turns out not to be a scam will be hella interesting to see speeds, but if their was a video of cgminer showing hash rate than that can easily be faked with other miners added or simply rented or photo shopped.

ok...i take your point maybe i hit the post button and it did not take (then again I'm on here the 'crazyness" could be coming back) Smiley good to know

but yeah ...sure wish it was true....but such news as the yesminer would have blown 21's announcement below all to hell and gone ...so it is 'fiction' imho

http://www.engadget.com/2015/09/22/21-bitcoin-computer/

See this is how it SHOULD BE DONE ...just to educate the YESMINER FOLK you ACTUALLY MAKE SOMETHING as you can see from the above post it can be stupid and 4x
the price of the parts it takes to build your own make it yourself version... ..it allows you to point to something and the press goes crazy...see the 'unicorn' exists....
look at all the BFL press fawning back in the day for a product that did exist ..but alas never shipped Smiley

then you 'continue' to get big IPO $$$ from newbies with way more money then home miners....with the usual contracts that it is risky they could lose all their $$$ (ie paycoin scam)

and VIOLA when it all goes bust like BFL you can say...'oops our vision of the btc future seems to be wrong" and walk with the cash from your fat salary and btc hoard
when times were good Smiley

I mean GM paid 900 million dollars in fines to the US Gov't for faulty ignitions and hid it for 10 years and killed about 140 folk as a result (they know of ) no jail time for anyone!

So man if you are gonna pull a scam at least put a little bit of 'elegance' into the process ..I mean really Smiley Show some frigging pride in your work Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
MMarc

Activity: 4

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 04:31:41 PM

Maybe it is a scam maybe not.

With the current available technology, if you where to start today what hardware would make sense in order to be profitable. All the simulation that I make only show that current hardware is not profitable (S5, S7 included). With M20 you can make profit the first year of operations....
pj40

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 04:42:49 PM

With the current available technology, if you where to start today what hardware would make sense in order to be profitable. All the simulation that I make only show that current hardware is not profitable (S5, S7 included). With M20 you can make profit the first year of operations....

Not 'maybe' a scam.  It definitely is.  The S7 is the only miner available right now and it's twice as efficient as the S5.  These things are saying they are .06 J/GH.  I bet they're using that number since KnC promised their next gen chips will be that low as well...but nobody has seen them and they keep it all to themselves anyway.

Bitmain has been able to squeeze out major efficiency with their chips and when/if they go 16nm, they would have to beat their current gen to entice people to buy.

Free faucet + lotto!  http://freebitco.in/?r=420364
MMarc

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 07:19:07 PM
Last edit: October 30, 2015, 07:31:14 PM by MMarc

Not 'maybe' a scam.  It definitely is.  The S7 is the only miner available right now and it's twice as efficient as the S5.  These things are saying they are .06 J/GH.  I bet they're using that number since KnC promised their next gen chips will be that low as well...but nobody has seen them and they keep it all to themselves anyway.

Bitmain has been able to squeeze out major efficiency with their chips and when/if they go 16nm, they would have to beat their current gen to entice people to buy.

Neither the S5 nor S7 are profitable (according to my calculations)! What does one need to use for making profits?
pj40

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 08:11:23 PM

Neither the S5 nor S7 are profitable (according to my calculations)! What does one need to use for making profits?

Cheap electricity...I pay $0.0645/kwh so yes, the S7 is profitable to me.

Free faucet + lotto!  http://freebitco.in/?r=420364
MMarc

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 08:20:10 PM
Last edit: October 30, 2015, 08:57:19 PM by MMarc

Cheap electricity...I pay $0.0645/kwh so yes, the S7 is profitable to me.
With this cost of power a S7 miner would "break even" after 252 days of 24/24 7/7 calculation and after one year of operate the BTC revenue divided by two. This is not what I call a sustainable economical model (at least for the miner but not for the hardware manufacturers).....

What hardware ones need to buy for decent ROI?
marvykkio

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 08:33:49 AM

needless worry, in the expeditions is pagamente it says that if the figure does not exceed 3500 (EUR) the customer can pay the courier when it is delivered.
so I see the problem, look in January 2016 is then ordered 1 yesminer 10 thr. Wink

pay on delivery, does not mean that you can not be cheated, the courier will deliver the goods, take the money and go, you open the box begins to connect and you realize that it does not work, go to see inside the houses, and see that there is nothing that resembles a miner, then open your eyes.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 09:14:27 AM

needless worry, in the expeditions is pagamente it says that if the figure does not exceed 3500 (EUR) the customer can pay the courier when it is delivered.
so I see the problem, look in January 2016 is then ordered 1 yesminer 10 thr. Wink

pay on delivery, does not mean that you can not be cheated, the courier will deliver the goods, take the money and go, you open the box begins to connect and you realize that it does not work, go to see inside the houses, and see that there is nothing that resembles a miner, then open your eyes.

I am afraid the above is correct. On Oct 18th 2013 I was given the choice of accepting by DHL a KNC 550gh Jupiter BTC miner that only had the 2 ends of the box yet. The rest was soggy mess and most of the missing cardboard slurped off. You moved it you could hear the water slosh around inside. My choices were to send it back (my cost) and/ refuse delivery and go thru a process of months with DHL on such a return (or so I was told) or take the unit.

Spent like 2 hrs with a hair drying (borrowed from neighbor) in FULL PANIC mode ....and luckily the unit worked fine for more then 1 year.

In fact in 20/20 hindsight .the first Jupiter units were packed flimsy ...a lot of folk had broken units because package was so light it was tossed about. My unit was like an 'accordion' you had to carry it by pressing both ends of the box together or it fell apart..thus no tossing so MAYBE no issues I could have had

man I was p/o'd thou ..even thou it worked out (ah 150 usd btc that day......1 btc a day and 6 weeks later or 2 days after thanksgiving BTC was over 1000 usd or so..I was a happy newbie then my wonder years..now older and more cynical Smiley

anyway my setup below on imgur there is a pic of the unit as it arrived on the below link someplace

lostgonzo.imgur.com

gonna miss mining when the titans go doorstop

Also as you can see from the main pic..the knc 550gh Jupiter is now being used as a gravity assist device to hold the miner workbench down (its off) lol Smiley

I miss my newbie self..so....full of hope.....now just so confused.....nothing like opening up your miner and pouring a glass or two of rainwater out of it ....takes the thrill out of delivery of the miner let me tell you Smiley

Randywhorton

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 07:12:22 PM

Update!
I have been in email contact with Yes Miner this past week and added one unit to my shopping cart.
Prior to making payment I requested a photo of one unit with the case open and one photo of the assemble area.

They responded they were unable to do so as per a NDA, (non disclosure agreement) !

Knowing, there is something fishy here I decided to take it a step further and have requested a friend in Hamburg to take a visit to their place next week and will update with the findings.

I wish I could understand German as I would be nice to see what their average electric bill is. ✌️
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 06:04:29 AM

Update!
I have been in email contact with Yes Miner this past week and added one unit to my shopping cart.
Prior to making payment I requested a photo of one unit with the case open and one photo of the assemble area.

They responded they were unable to do so as per a NDA, (non disclosure agreement) !

Knowing, there is something fishy here I decided to take it a step further and have requested a friend in Hamburg to take a visit to their place next week and will update with the findings.

I wish I could understand German as I would be nice to see what their average electric bill is. ✌️

don't pay....even if they HAVE such units..they would be better off taking your $$$ and mining themselves like KNC as a private firm....so even if they do have such....i bet they keep the
units and your money

Its a scam....not a very good scam.....for example alpha tech promised 'scrypt miners' for 30% down took credit cards and PayPal  and still send emails that they are working on units
2 years since they took pre-order cash in 2014!

so it an't that hard to do the above with cc and PayPal to get off the ground for your scam......i mean really yes miners has NO pride in the 'scammy arts' lame ass scam indeed ...no style! Smiley

oh and buy the way they were supposed to be shipping by now from their original postings ....from like 7 months ago ...the you tube video of the working unit etc Smiley

Rabinovitch
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076

BTCLife.global participant

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 04:23:12 AM

Wow. Now they even offer some upgrade for their unconfirmed M20 and M10 miners:

https://www.yesminers.de/en/upgrades.html  Shocked

From Siberia with love! Hosting by Rabinovitch!
Fundraising for BOINC Farm
Пpoфeccиoнaльнo зaнимaюcь paзвёpтывaниeм фepм (ASIC, GPU, BURST, STORJ, Filecoin), oбopyдoвaниeм пoмeщeний для мaйнингa.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: