Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:49:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Suicide  (Read 7153 times)
Sourgummies

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

Never ending parties are what Im into.

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 09:48:58 PM

Create a non-judgmental  haven for people to go to that offers support,medication if needed and at last resort a place to die in a safe comfortable manner.
We would have less people traumatized from seeing people commit suicide and would have a lot less distraught 911 calls that tie up the police. I consider that stance that suicide is wrong to be like the war on drugs,it is not working and its a stale way of thinking.

That's the sort of idealistic dream that when reduced to the ugly reality of a government program, because nothing nice at all.  Soylet Green!  Yah!

That is the problem with suicide,it will always look like some one is leading people to die. Do not think we could put enough safe guards up to make it appear like it was just helping,always going to be a suspicious connection to it. One very vocal group are actually people with physical disabilities,they are afraid for that exact reason you point to.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 09:52:44 PM

Create a non-judgmental  haven for people to go to that offers support,medication if needed and at last resort a place to die in a safe comfortable manner.
We would have less people traumatized from seeing people commit suicide and would have a lot less distraught 911 calls that tie up the police. I consider that stance that suicide is wrong to be like the war on drugs,it is not working and its a stale way of thinking.

That's the sort of idealistic dream that when reduced to the ugly reality of a government program, because nothing nice at all.  Soylet Green!  Yah!

That is the problem with suicide,it will always look like some one is leading people to die. Do not think we could put enough safe guards up to make it appear like it was just helping,always going to be a suspicious connection to it. One very vocal group are actually people with physical disabilities,they are afraid for that exact reason you point to.

Safeguards?  Like what?  A procedure manual?

Look at the current controversy about Planned Parenthood and ask, why could they simply not stick to doing unqualified good?

Sourgummies

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 10:00:06 PM

I have no idea what we would have to put in place to appease all groups. Most likely why few Countries want to discuss the topic.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 12:44:35 AM

I have no idea what we would have to put in place to appease all groups. Most likely why few Countries want to discuss the topic.
Anonymous Internet discussion groups would be my answer.

Exactly what most governments would not like or want.  Oh, and "appease all groups" is total bullshit - that's what's created this sanitized metrosexual politically correct atmosphere which is the problem, not the solution.
pitham1 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 01:12:11 AM

if they want to die that's their problem.
one less human on earth and nobody can blame anyone for that. I'm not complaining.

It is their solution, not their problem.  Grin
Unfortunately, most governments don't think like you.

Sourgummies

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 01:27:48 AM

Exactly what most governments would not like or want.  Oh, and "appease all groups" is total bullshit - that's what's created this sanitized metrosexual politically correct atmosphere which is the problem, not the solution.
But needed.  Suicides will continue no matter what fence we sit on. Best to support a humane way out than forcing people to die in such painful ways. Not to mention those that are unsucessful and are forced live a more limited life due to injury.
Metrosexual has nothing to do with suicide.q
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 01:35:50 AM

But needed.  Suicides will continue no matter what fence we sit on. Best to support a humane way out than forcing people to die in such painful ways. Not to mention those that are unsucessful and are forced live a more limited life due to injury.
Bullshit.  I'll have to advise any of my friends that contemplate suicide to steer clear of any of your "appease all groups" committee decision making crap.
Sourgummies

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 02:14:46 AM

Bullshit.  I'll have to advise any of my friends that contemplate suicide to steer clear of any of your "appease all groups" committee decision making crap.

You are trolling me and I thought you would be above that .
You asked me to clarify and I did. Then you take a statement and twist it to get off on.
Anyone can see I stated " I have no idea what would appease all groups"! You took this to mean all groups need to be appeased. Its stating it would be near impossible to do. Sad I had to exlain that.

Will bow out of this discussion.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2015, 06:19:49 AM

Suicide is illegal because it is a crime to destroy government property.
freeyourmind

Activity: 364
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 04:49:54 PM

Santhara is a practice in Jainism where a person voluntarily gives up water and food and waits for death.
An Indian court has ruled that this was akin to suicide and therefore illegal.

http://scroll.in/article/748119/fasting-unto-death-for-religion-is-not-suicide-or-euthanasia-say-outraged-jains

I never understood what legality or policy or government or anyone for that matter has to do with the decision to commit suicide.  Once you choose to check out, who cares if it's against the law?

I find the way society views suicide to be very strange...as if it's the worst outcome and no one in their right mind would ever do it.  There are tons of people with a level of suffering that is difficult for others to understand, and it should absolutely be everyone's right to end their life if they choose to.  What's the point of going into palliative care, being pumped full of opiates, not being able to function mentally or physically and waiting until your heart stops beating?

Let me help you understand this, law has been mad for SUICIDAL ATTEMPT and not just suicide. There are possibilities when a suicidal attempt may fail to complete. This attempt by any person may demoralize or demotivate some weak people in our society to commit the same which means a loss for the country in terms of man power and mind power. This law might inhibit some suicidal attempts.

So you think that because it's against the law, someone considering suicide will come to the conclusion that it's illegal and that will be the reason to not commit suicide?  Similar to the heroin addict that is going to go cold turkey because he found out using heroin is against the law...

If what you're saying actually works, then the countries that were the "toughest on crime" would have the lowest crime rates, and you can see that that is simply not the case.  If you don't address the root cause of why it's happening, then the problem isn't going to be solved, and you can't just stick a law in there to get the job done.

lol  Cheesy
BAGOBO
Legendary

Activity: 1163
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 05:09:12 PM

Someone might to suicide mostly cause by an environment factor like even his/her family won't help his problem , he/she is atheist,etc

Also suicice cause by religion like terorist, they are ready to explode their self to accomplish their goal
bojan92

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 04:48:53 PM

Suicide, everyone is a human being that can run his life in a way he or she wants. If you don't want to live anymore that do it that is your choice. In the Christianity, a suicide is a very bad thing, a priest won't come if you have committed suicide so you will burn in hell Smiley
Trifixion713

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 05:55:12 PM

HAHAHA!!! That's classic!
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1373

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 09:24:32 PM

HAHAHA!!! That's classic!

But if you really want to be lawful about it, all you have to do is get away with it.

Cheesy

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
otrkid70

Activity: 920
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 10:26:19 PM

This is FACT!  They don't wan't you to die because they can't steal any money from a dead person.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 11:10:47 PM

This is FACT!  They don't wan't you to die because they can't steal any money from a dead person.

Well, actually they can. But only this one last time. With the living, they do it over, and over, and over, ...

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Racey
Legendary

Activity: 1134

Soon, I have to go away.

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 11:21:55 PM

That is so true, government takes out a policy on the day of your birth registration.

If you know of any one who is feeling suicidal, help them by any means to choose life instead.

And its gone.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 12:24:00 AM

That is so true, government takes out a policy on the day of your birth registration.

If you know of any one who is feeling suicidal, help them by any means to choose life instead.

File a UCC1 Form on your strawman, and take back your property from government.

Smiley

pitham1 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 01:13:04 AM

Ha ha. That is an interesting point of view.
If only they allowed you to pay a "fine" and commit suicide, people would really start thinking before attempting such a step.

blablahblah

Activity: 775

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 10:14:10 AM

Suicide defies all of Natures basic instinct to survive....

And Nature defies your opinion.
Many species, including humans, have built-in mechanisms for the body to shut down and die in response to extreme pain or fear thereof. I see no evolutionary advantage for any living being to just "give up and die" when that so-called survival instinct could still save it. If anyone has an explanation for how dying of fright could be an evolutionary advantage, I'd like to hear it.

If death occurs prior to any actual blunt trauma or irreversible damage, this suggests some aspects of advanced intelligence, even in small animals with primitive reptilian brains, which flies in the face of idealist beliefs such as "humans are special" or "animals lack our intelligence".

If a small bird gets captured from the wild and it dies of fright, this indicates several things:
-it has the mental capacity to forecast future events, and make an estimate that it's about to get eaten or somehow brutally hurt.
-it has the capacity to extrapolate pain levels that it has never experienced.
-in order to have basic concepts like "getting eaten", the primitive bird brain must therefore have language structures to understand those things.
-it probably has an ego and a subconscious mind that protects it from unmanageable suffering by controlling the physiology of the body. The ego could even participate in deciding how long to fight for survival, and when to bail.

This raises further questions:
Why the heck should a subconscious mind (or just biological programming) inside an intelligent being give a shit about protecting/nurturing some immaterial ego when the entire system is about to crash?
The evidence in nature hints that certain beliefs about reincarnation or rebirth, or some other post-death growth, could be correct. A counter-argument could be that suicide is a completely different thing from survival in the animal kingdom, but I disagree. It's always associated with unmanageable suffering, some forecast that it will continue or get worse, and it's all about protecting the ego. "Taking action" to manage your own death is completely natural, given that we naturally evolved these large brains that decide to do weird things.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: