Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:28:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 146 »
  Print  
Author Topic: OLD FLY THREAD  (Read 163605 times)
presstab
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 02:56:51 PM

Alright here is the fix: https://mega.nz/#!XBdk1BrZ!7u_f0XReMK__N3wUKD4acWoarT5Gx0IYLhdZ1S-PgoU
Build from source from here: github.com/presstab/fly-coin

Instructions to get back to the correct chain:
- Remove everything from your flycoin datadirectory except for your wallet.dat and your .conf
- Use 198.50.243.84 as an addnode because it is on the correct chain
- Startup the wallet and give it a few moments to sync up, it should be pretty quick.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
metamorphin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

No risk, no fun!

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2015, 03:13:50 PM

Alright here is the fix: https://mega.nz/#!XBdk1BrZ!7u_f0XReMK__N3wUKD4acWoarT5Gx0IYLhdZ1S-PgoU
Build from source from here: github.com/presstab/fly-coin

Instructions to get back to the correct chain:
- Remove everything from your flycoin datadirectory except for your wallet.dat and your .conf
- Use 198.50.243.84 as an addnode because it is on the correct chain
- Startup the wallet and give it a few moments to sync up, it should be pretty quick.

The combination of an awesome director and passionate developers let me really sleeping calm and I am sure, this will be a huge success...thats the kind of coins I searched...Now I am very excited to see FLY flying in yobit again...
vegasguy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003

"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 03:20:38 PM

Ya we will go back on Yobit soon. Its a pain to reach any admins there.

Vegas

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953
Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 03:23:52 PM

Thx for the Info. Pool closed / stopped. A few pages before i was informed that it is just a non mandatory update...
After you had posted, it was found that the random rewards were coded a little incorrectly and produced a 700k SuperBlock (5 times the current supply) so the markets were halted and now the Blockchain will be rolled back and a fix put in.

Actually had nothing to do with the superblock rewards, problem was with the reward code from COL2 that this coin was cloned from. Compiling new wallet now and everything will be ready in a few moments.

Edit: Crest I remember you telling me that the CON reward code wasn't supposed to hit the 30 reward cap each time when you made the fork, but for some reason it always did. I think this is that same miscode coming back to haunt (I assume COL2 was cloned from CON?).

Yes it was cloned from CON so that would be the case, I would be interested to see what it was exactly that caused that.

Edit: Seems like I just needed to divide by COIN so in a sense the base reward was always a million times higher so it would always hit the subsidy cap.
vegasguy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 03:26:48 PM

New wallet is perfect. Guys if you did get any of those massive false stakes, after it resyncs just click wallet repair to remove. Dont forget to sync from scratch AND change to the new addnode and remove all other addnodes in your .conf file to be on correcr chain. Ill post latest version on OP and contact oc miner and Yobit

Vegas

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953
presstab
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 03:29:10 PM

Thx for the Info. Pool closed / stopped. A few pages before i was informed that it is just a non mandatory update...
After you had posted, it was found that the random rewards were coded a little incorrectly and produced a 700k SuperBlock (5 times the current supply) so the markets were halted and now the Blockchain will be rolled back and a fix put in.

Actually had nothing to do with the superblock rewards, problem was with the reward code from COL2 that this coin was cloned from. Compiling new wallet now and everything will be ready in a few moments.

Edit: Crest I remember you telling me that the CON reward code wasn't supposed to hit the 30 reward cap each time when you made the fork, but for some reason it always did. I think this is that same miscode coming back to haunt (I assume COL2 was cloned from CON?).

Yes it was cloned from CON so that would be the case, I would be interested to see what it was exactly that caused that.

I have noticed that somewhere between the early Novacoin clones (CAP, HBN, TEK, HYP, etc) and the newer brand of PoS clones, that the GetCoinAge function changed, and consequently requires the reward code to add an extra division by 'COIN'. The source we were working on had this newer coinage calculation but the older way of calculating the reward without the extra COIN division. I should have caught this error, as I first noticed this change when I forked the XRA rewards. But I didn't notice it, and here we are. Luckily the block was minted by iDunk, and vegas was fast to notify yobit and the thread here. All in all, no damage done and we should be up and running.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
Battareus

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 03:37:06 PM

I can't find a blockexplorer in the OP.
Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 03:43:09 PM

I have noticed that somewhere between the early Novacoin clones (CAP, HBN, TEK, HYP, etc) and the newer brand of PoS clones, that the GetCoinAge function changed, and consequently requires the reward code to add an extra division by 'COIN'. The source we were working on had this newer coinage calculation but the older way of calculating the reward without the extra COIN division. I should have caught this error, as I first noticed this change when I forked the XRA rewards. But I didn't notice it, and here we are. Luckily the block was minted by iDunk, and vegas was fast to notify yobit and the thread here. All in all, no damage done and we should be up and running.

Well it was really impressive how quickly it was caught and resolved.

I had an interesting thought though, could it be possible to have a certain amount being generated on top of the Stake rewards to a specific address every so many Blocks as a provision for funding?
vegasguy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 03:44:36 PM

I had an interesting thought though, could it be possible to have a certain amount being generated on top of the Stake rewards to a specific address every so many Blocks as a provision for funding?

Im curious. Funding for what cause?

vegasguy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 03:45:45 PM

The block explorer is taken down as its innacurate and we will be on Presstab's block explorer soon. Best block explorer there is.

Vegas

Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 03:47:02 PM

Im curious. Funding for what cause?

promo, websites, mobile but I guess that may also crash the price if misused as well.
presstab
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 03:51:57 PM

The block explorer is taken down as its innacurate and we will be on Presstab's block explorer soon. Best block explorer there is.

Vegas

fly.presstab.pw will be up and running some time today if all goes well.

vegasguy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 03:53:43 PM

Thank you presstab. You are amazing , sir!

Vegas

c00p3r

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

Frank Sinatra

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 04:06:34 PM

http://bce.madzebra.co/fly/

updated
Daveeoff

Activity: 611
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 04:14:05 PM

Are there any other pools to mine at untill supernova comes back on line. Or can i solo mine if so how

metamorphin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

No risk, no fun!

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2015, 04:22:20 PM

New wallet is perfect. Guys if you did get any of those massive false stakes, after it resyncs just click wallet repair to remove. Dont forget to sync from scratch AND change to the new addnode and remove all other addnodes in your .conf file to be on correcr chain. Ill post latest version on OP and contact oc miner and Yobit

Vegas

I can remove from other addnode about debug on wallet, dont?
vegasguy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 04:30:13 PM

There is no other pools. I PM OCminer of suprnova already

Vegas

vegasguy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 04:33:35 PM

Vegas

I can remove from other addnode about debug on wallet, dont?

Yes remove ALL addnodes and only use the addnode on OP

Vegas

ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2015, 04:38:46 PM

Which was the First 'bad' block? I would have to orphan all transactions from this block on the pool to get the Balances at least somewhat right

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
Daveeoff

Activity: 611
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 04:55:52 PM

Any time frame of when Fly pool might be back up
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 146 »
  Print  

Jump to: