May 13, 2024, 10:15:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Is NXT a scam?
Yes - 49 (24.4%)
No - 152 (75.6%)
Total Voters: 201

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Poll result: NXT is a proper cryptocurrency  (Read 24833 times)
HCLivess (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2015, 12:46:33 PM
Last edit: September 21, 2015, 05:46:44 AM by HCLivess

Please vote and discuss

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 03:54:41 PM
Last edit: April 19, 2016, 03:44:25 AM by r0ach

Edit: Updated my post

Bitcoin, Ethereum  and NXT from the shadow are my 3 picks.

Ethereum:

- There is no way you can predict anything about Ethereum because it's consensus mechanism and other attributes aren't even finalized.  It's like saying "the pizza tastes good" after you order it before they even make it.

NXT

- Once stakers have to pool their stake, which is inevitable, or the network doesn't function, the system basically becomes a far less efficient, less distributed version of DPoS, so I consider PoS kind of a dead end in that regard.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
altcoinUK

Activity: 784

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 04:44:11 PM

I have been very critical of NXT. It hasn't started as a scam, the founders and early stage investors were at the right time and the right place, and after all the source and tech has been released and - due to its large supporter base-  it is a very promising project. My criticism mainly for the last 1 year, when the technology charlatan jl777, James, the simple C programmer and vaporware asset wizard basically took over the NXT landscape and dominates it with his Supernet nonsense. NXT could be a fantastic project with its large supporter and fan base, and in my opinion it would be a lot better without Supernet.
barbierir

Activity: 515
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2015, 04:57:58 PM

I have been very critical of NXT. It hasn't started as a scam, the founders and early stage investors were at the right time and the right place, and after all the source and tech has been released and - due to its large supporter base-  it is a very promising project. My criticism mainly for the last 1 year, when the technology charlatan jl777, James, the simple C programmer and vaporware asset wizard basically took over the NXT landscape and dominates it with his Supernet nonsense. NXT could be a fantastic project with its large supporter and fan base, and in my opinion it would be a lot better without Supernet.

Far from a charlatan! Do you follow the supernet slack? The code is there and it's real and he's not working alone. Nxt and the other coins involved will get a lot of from that project, "peggy" alone is going to rock the cryptocommunity and bridge it to real world use cases.

◈▣ KOMODO ● Set Your Ideas Free ▣◈
.......AN ECOSYSTEM FOR NATIVE BLOCKCHAINS.......
Blockchain Generator | Decentralized Crowdfunding | Decentralized Exchange | Bitcoin Security | Zero-Knowledge Proofs | Blockchain Interoperability | Scalable Infrastructure
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826

amarha

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 05:34:40 PM

I think you're quite mistaken about James. In fact you should come help test InstantDEX on the SuperNET slack if you want to see this so called vapourware. The MGW is finished, the SuperNET GUI itself is in the process of getting its second major version done which should wrap it up in a more user friendly package. You can see some of the work flow here too: https://phabricator.supernet.org/

James' has done a ridiculous amount of development over the last year and the bigger issue is not having enough people to test. He just had to hire a full time tester to work with him and I've been trying to help get more people testing but it's not that easy. There are rewards for bug finding too.

I see a few people on here mention that jl777 is all vapourware but anyone can easily verify for themselves that this is absolutely not the case whatsoever by either testing out the software itself or looking at github.

Also, NXT itself has it's own entirely separate team of developers constantly putting out major releases with new features. Even if SuperNET didn't exist NXT would still be in good shape. I can't imagine any scenario where SuperNET would actually be a hindrance to NXT.
BTCDDev

Activity: 255
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 06:19:42 PM

github.com/jl777/btcd

BitcoinDark: RPHWc5CwP9YMMbvXQ4oXz5rQHb3pKkhaxc
Top Donations: juicybirds 420BTCD ensorcell 84BTCD Stuntruffle: 40BTCD
Top April Donations: juicybirds 420BTCD; ensorcell: 42BTCD
altcoinUK

Activity: 784

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 10:54:12 PM

@BTCDDev @Este Nuno @barbierir

Yeah, yeah I hear all the time from the Supernet crew to check the source on Github. Actually, being probably three times longer in software than James I do understand where the fucking Github is and how to check it out without pushing that repo link into my face all the time. I am sure it is a news to the James support brigade, but apart from James others understand as well where to find the source code.
Anyway, from the moment he started to commit and based on what I could see in the repository from him I always said that James is a super talented guy, mainly terms of the amount of code he can deliver in a short period of time. The amount of work he can deliver is quite exceptional and indicates a special talent.

However, the issues you have just pointed out about the testing verifies (again) that I was always right about him,and that he is a charlatan and became a vaporware asset wizard with his money grabbing scam assets.

Here is a person James, so visionary that according to the cheerleaders he can transfer digital currencies into sliced breads, but
a) he prefer to to collect first 2 million US$ before he delivers anything, but he promise in the first quarter of 2015 Supernet will be done
b) your software genius star promised the first phase of development will be completed by February for Supernet and attached coins like Vericoin - of course he couldn't deliver (charlatan). When you delay 6 months on a project in which you collected 2 million US$ then you have a vaporware. In the meantime he is rolling out the scam assets (wizard)
b) more importantly, this genius fail to understand what we could rightly expect from a junior software engineer and junior project manager combo on a US$ 5K software development task that the software indeed must be tested and such software engineering task indeed requires some planning, which obviously he didn't do. That indicates how serious he is about the Internet of crypto vision and how capable he is to pull that out (charlatan). He is managing a multi million dollar software project, because he talked to crew into that "investment" in his project, he has obligation to deliver, but he just realised, oopppps, I need to test the software and I need help. The greatest organizer visionary of crypto who brought hundreds of developers to his project, did not think about testing which is as you said "not that easy". Come on guys, this is bollocks just like collecting 2 million US$ for that shit and selling his meaningless scammy assets.

I like and respect James in many ways because he is talented and smart, but I am telling you his money grabbing charlatanism will bring lots of trouble and disappointments to NXT which is - mainly due to the large support base - a quite special project.

kennyP

Activity: 544
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 04:06:47 AM

@BTCDDev @Este Nuno @barbierir

Yeah, yeah I hear all the time from the Supernet crew to check the source on Github. Actually, being probably three times longer in software than James I do understand where the fucking Github is and how to check it out without pushing that repo link into my face all the time. I am sure it is a news to the James support brigade, but apart from James others understand as well where to find the source code.
Anyway, from the moment he started to commit and based on what I could see in the repository from him I always said that James is a super talented guy, mainly terms of the amount of code he can deliver in a short period of time. The amount of work he can deliver is quite exceptional and indicates a special talent.

However, the issues you have just pointed out about the testing verifies (again) that I was always right about him,and that he is a charlatan and became a vaporware asset wizard with his money grabbing scam assets.

Here is a person James, so visionary that according to the cheerleaders he can transfer digital currencies into sliced breads, but
a) he prefer to to collect first 2 million US$ before he delivers anything, but he promise in the first quarter of 2015 Supernet will be done
b) your software genius star promised the first phase of development will be completed by February for Supernet and attached coins like Vericoin - of course he couldn't deliver (charlatan). When you delay 6 months on a project in which you collected 2 million US$ then you have a vaporware. In the meantime he is rolling out the scam assets (wizard)
b) more importantly, this genius fail to understand what we could rightly expect from a junior software engineer and junior project manager combo on a US$ 5K software development task that the software indeed must be tested and such software engineering task indeed requires some planning, which obviously he didn't do. That indicates how serious he is about the Internet of crypto vision and how capable he is to pull that out (charlatan). He is managing a multi million dollar software project, because he talked to crew into that "investment" in his project, he has obligation to deliver, but he just realised, oopppps, I need to test the software and I need help. The greatest organizer visionary of crypto who brought hundreds of developers to his project, did not think about testing which is as you said "not that easy". Come on guys, this is bollocks just like collecting 2 million US$ for that shit and selling his meaningless scammy assets.

I like and respect James in many ways because he is talented and smart, but I am telling you his money grabbing charlatanism will bring lots of trouble and disappointments to NXT which is - mainly due to the large support base - a quite special project.

One of the most schizophrenic posts i've ever seen on this forum IMO. Most people only reach such extremes of love/hate after +30 years of marriage. You acknowledge you like & respect jl777, and say he is talented & smart and has indeed done a mountain of coding work, and yet you still maintain a belief he is a 'money grabbing charlatan' - how very odd your thinking appears altcoinUK.

The only problem you identify is a time delay in releasing InstantDEX that everyone who bothers to investigate soon discovers is the rsult of a lack of testers, and jl777 has now started paying people to do this work. I don't see a charlatan but an extremely committed professional who tackles problems efficiently when they arise. The creation of SuperNET & InstantDEX has been nothing short of amazing, and time delays of 6 months are not  game-breakers. Also, the money raised from SuperNET IPO didn't even go to jl777 personally, it stayed inside SN to this day.
dukeneptun
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 04:31:32 AM

Yes, it's a scam. I don't like non-mineable coins, this is one of them. No proof of work, no value at all.
Thenoticer

Activity: 332
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 04:37:52 AM

Far from a charlatan! Do you follow the supernet slack? The code is there and it's real and he's not working alone. Nxt and the other coins involved will get a lot of from that project, "peggy" alone is going to rock the cryptocommunity and bridge it to real world use cases.

What is this "peggy"
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2015, 05:31:12 AM

don't think NXT is a scam, thanks to jl777. one of the best developers in the cryptoworld in my opinion.

MyLucky7

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 05:46:31 AM

I believe it depends on how you define scam.

For example, many people still think that all cryotos including Bitcoin are scams.

For me, NXT is one of the best alcoins. It is still not as trustable as Bitcoin, though.

WaterSupply

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 05:57:40 AM

OP, can you share us your idea?I notice you are a heavy investor of NXT and even launch your asset in A E! I thought you are a strong supporter and believer! Why do you create many of same kind of topics and it seems you are sceptic to it!
kennyP

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 06:32:50 AM

Yes, it's a scam. I don't like non-mineable coins, this is one of them. No proof of work, no value at all.

did you know that it's possible to launch a mineable PoW monetary system (MS) coin that runs on top of the NXT platform? You need to open your mind and do more research, NXT is more than a coin, and your love of mineable coins is being catered for!
barbierir

Activity: 515
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2015, 06:44:59 AM

What is this "peggy"

Completely decentralized and blockchain-enforced pegged currencies (usd, eur, cnd, gold, etc...) without liquidity problems, a whitepaper by Kushti is in the works but the code for v1 is already here

◈▣ KOMODO ● Set Your Ideas Free ▣◈
.......AN ECOSYSTEM FOR NATIVE BLOCKCHAINS.......
Blockchain Generator | Decentralized Crowdfunding | Decentralized Exchange | Bitcoin Security | Zero-Knowledge Proofs | Blockchain Interoperability | Scalable Infrastructure
dukeneptun
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 08:10:15 AM

did you know that it's possible to launch a mineable PoW monetary system (MS) coin that runs on top of the NXT platform? You need to open your mind and do more research, NXT is more than a coin, and your love of mineable coins is being catered for!

Why would I launch a mineable PoW monetary system (MS) coin that runs on top of the NXT platform when I already have Bitcoin? I'm very open minded and know Bitcoin's worth, thanks.
kennyP

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 09:02:35 AM

Why would I launch a mineable PoW monetary system (MS) coin that runs on top of the NXT platform when I already have Bitcoin? I'm very open minded and know Bitcoin's worth, thanks.

Can you imagine a scenario where a small community might want to use the power of a crypto currency that's distributed among them using PoW, but there aren't enough users to ever secure their own PoW network? The community would want to control as much as possible about the coin, so using Bitcoin wont work as most of the variables are already set, and the value is too volatile.

Think hard, and I'm not talking about you personally here either, just a group of people anywhere in the world who might want to use a crypto currency between themselves. I can think of literally millions of cases (my mind is very open), and many use cases don't suit bitcoin.

Bitcoin is cool and worth a lot for what it can do, but it isn't appropriate in every use-case where a PoW coin might be useful, BUT, that's ok because the NXT MS can cater for many other use-cases, including small niche cases, like a school community, workplace, apartment block etc.

How many P2P nodes do you need running 24/7 to secure a PoW network? More than many niche coins could ever guarantee on their own network, so they either use an existing crypto like bitcoin, or start their own MS coin.

I'm currently working on a proposal for a 'school coin', distributed using PoW, with a fixed supply that's reached within 12 months. I also want to peg the value of the coin to 1 cent. This coin would be very useful in a small school community of ~500 students as a 'rewards' system, and I can make it using a NXT MS coin quite easily. AFAIK there isn't any other viable option open to me.
btccashacc
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 09:06:51 AM
Last edit: August 19, 2015, 04:19:43 PM by btccashacc

this is  non-mineable coins
and developer can create new coin every day without think about maximal coin
dukeneptun
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 09:20:57 AM

I'm currently working on a proposal for a 'school coin', distributed using PoW, with a fixed supply that's reached within 12 months. I also want to peg the value of the coin to 1 cent. This coin would be very useful in a small school community of ~500 students as a 'rewards' system, and I can make it using a NXT MS coin quite easily. AFAIK there isn't any other viable option open to me.

Why would people use your coin instead of $ or BTC? How do you decide the value of your coin? Why would I pay real money to buy your new token?
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 09:25:31 AM

this is  non-mineable coins
and developer can create new coin every day

It could be non-minable or mineable (mintable) coin as well. Indeed, a developer can create as much coins as they want as long as they can pay the fee for creating one but If they make coins what isn't interesting or have no purpose then that's a wasted money.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: