Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 10:53:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Butterfly Labs invests heavily in high speed production equipment  (Read 32279 times)
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2012, 03:23:38 AM

The boards have always had an 8 chip capacity.  That has never changed from day one.

What you guys REALLY need is a complete disclosure thread, where the posters are limited to BFL people, and you can post all of your legitimate information there, with all these attempts you said you made, photographs of the office, etc, where you can refer anyone who wants to know about you guys. I mean, it could only help.

This is what I'm talking about.  I just posted in this very thread, a few posts up but you chose to ignore it:

There is no complete disclosure at this time.  There is far too much at stake to give full disclosure.  In ANY OTHER INDUSTRY this is perfectly normal.  The only "industry" that it is not considered "normal" is this twisted version of reality that's called BitcoinTalk.  I am really sorry that you don't get full disclosure, but when it could mean the difference between being successful and failure, you're not going to get it.  When it no longer matters who knows what information, you'll get that information, but until that time, it would be suicidal to give "full disclosure."  Why would we invest so much money just to give a recipe/how-to book to the competition?  Why?  Seriously, answer me that.  Why would we do that?  What financial/business sense does that make under any circumstance?

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
Kontakt

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 03:30:10 AM

There is no complete disclosure at this time.  There is far too much at stake to give full disclosure.  In ANY OTHER INDUSTRY this is perfectly normal.  The only "industry" that it is not considered "normal" is this twisted version of reality that's called BitcoinTalk.  I am really sorry that you don't get full disclosure, but when it could mean the difference between being successful and failure, you're not going to get it.  When it no longer matters who knows what information, you'll get that information, but until that time, it would be suicidal to give "full disclosure."  Why would we invest so much money just to give a recipe/how-to book to the competition?  Why?  Seriously, answer me that.  Why would we do that?  What financial/business sense does that make under any circumstance?

I did read the thread, I did not just post without forethought.
I didn't mean full disclosure the way you do. I meant a thread that has everything you CAN or WILL release in one location, so potential customers like myself can see all of it in one place and have a grain of salt to take with the conspiracies. I just want to be able to see everything you have for us.
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2012, 03:31:39 AM

We already have that: https://portal.butterflylabs.com

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
Kontakt

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 03:34:33 AM

That page gives me an error/test page, some sort of 'Parallels' advert.
squid

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 03:36:28 AM

The boards have always had an 8 chip capacity.  That has never changed from day one.

What you guys REALLY need is a complete disclosure thread, where the posters are limited to BFL people, and you can post all of your legitimate information there, with all these attempts you said you made, photographs of the office, etc, where you can refer anyone who wants to know about you guys. I mean, it could only help.

This is what I'm talking about.  I just posted in this very thread, a few posts up but you chose to ignore it:

I am not asking for full disclosure. I am merely asking to stop blatantly lying (firmware upgrade) or implying things that aren't true (that fab equipment was already set up).

Sitarow
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 03:37:13 AM

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/content.php

that works.
Kontakt

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 03:41:59 AM

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/content.php

that works.

It does, but there's next to nothing there. FAQ... empty. News... empty. Documentation... empty.
Not seeing any useful information there, either.
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2012, 03:48:50 AM

I am not asking for full disclosure. I am merely asking to stop blatantly lying (firmware upgrade) or implying things that aren't true (that fab equipment was already set up).

Please provide citations or stop spreading yet more misinformation.  This is why the forums are useless.  You make statements that you have absolutely no basis in reality to make.

It does, but there's next to nothing there. FAQ... empty. News... empty. Documentation... empty.

And this is why no amount of information will satisfy anyone.  Over 1000 posts and a number of articles disclosing the information we are ready to disclose and its' "nothing" ..  Whatever.  You guys just go right on wearing those tinfoil hats.

CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 03:54:11 AM

I'm on your side Inaba.... there are a lot of unreasonable tin foil hats always on your case, and you guys don't deserve it.

That being said, please post pics of your new equipment when you get it, I have a $50 bet going.

Thanx bro!
Kontakt

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 04:00:24 AM

And this is why no amount of information will satisfy anyone.  Over 1000 posts and a number of articles disclosing the information we are ready to disclose and its' "nothing" ..  Whatever.  You guys just go right on wearing those tinfoil hats.

I was hoping for something I could just read, not a huge forum to sort through.

All the articles I see are the four on the front page, nothing I don't already know, or nothing that's relevant.

All I'm saying is this doesn't help at all.

I asked if you had a compiled post of everything you've released, and you linked me to a page that didn't work. Someone else linked me to that page, and when I said that didn't answer any of my questions, you acted like I was asking for you to prove P = NP.

What a lot of people are saying is that it's things like this that compound the feelings of mistrust people keep getting. I just want a full length article I can read that will assuage my fears. I've pretty much resigned myself to not buying a Jalapeno or otherwise until I see pics of one and post-release specs here on the forum. I just don't see anything that can override my concerns. I don't think I'm alone in this.

I'm not wearing a tinfoil hat, but I'm not getting in the white van and putting on a blindfold, either.
fuxianhui888

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 04:00:50 AM

I'm on your side Inaba.... there are a lot of unreasonable tin foil hats always on your case, and you guys don't deserve it.

That being said, please post pics of your new equipment when you get it, I have a $50 bet going.

Thanx bro!

Yes,please post pictures!that's what we want to see right now
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 04:02:44 AM

Is the 1 chip system he talks about the (formerly) 3.5 model? Or is it the 40?

------------------

If he is talking about a 3.5 having only 1 chip and the 8 belongs to a 40...then:

3.5Gh X 8 = 28Gh
4.0Gh X 8 = 32Gh
4.5Gh X 8 = 36Gh
5.0Gh X 8 = 40Gh
5.5Gh X 8 = 44Gh
6.0Gh X 8 = 48Gh
6.5Gh X 8 = 52Gh
7.0Gh X 8 = 56Gh
7.5Gh X 8 = 60Gh
8.0Gh X 8 = 64Gh

(Clockrate -> unknown)

Perhaps their ASICs are overclockable/underclockable? (I Don't know much of ASIC technology)

So.. does a 40% increase in clock rate sound reasonable? Especially considering their constraints around temperature and power?
I am still doing the numbers in Excel. I am no mathematician but using known or estimated values a single chip should consume...?4.5watts? at 4.5Gh/s at the new specs (estimated). I assume that one [Jalapeno] from BFL is designed to go head to head against the FPGA crowds. It seems they could have clocked it much higher but didn't. Perhaps the cooling system doesn't allow it?
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 04:12:46 AM

Yes, one of the first FPGA products out, before people understood the unique requirements that bitcoin puts on integrated circuits that you don't find in basically any other industry.

Yes, you were noobs, but only because you didn't pay attention to the existing FPGA products that were on the market before you.

People just HATE the fact that we seem to be able to do things no one else can with our hardware (even now, our FPGA miners are the fastest, cheapest mining devices available.).

Yeah, you bought some FPGAs really cheap. Big deal. Design-wise, the Single sucked! I mean, the case was pretty, until you had to put a honkin' fan underneath it to keep it from burning up. Here, look at it again.

http://www.butterflylabs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Rev-1-2-3.jpg

What a kludge.

Buy & Hold
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 04:14:30 AM

Ok,Lets see the "full disclosure" of ANY producer of ASIC's.PLEASE show me/us. Roll Eyes

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2012, 04:15:30 AM

Yeah, you bought some FPGAs really cheap. Big deal. Design-wise, the Single sucked! I mean, the case was pretty, until you had to put a honkin' fan underneath it to keep it from burning up. Here, look at it again.

Dear sir, could you please point me to your wonderful FPGA mining product so that I may purchase it?  What's that?  You don't have one?  Your only talent is being an idiot?  Oh I'm sorry, here:

Unacceptable
Legendary

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 04:16:49 AM

Yes, one of the first FPGA products out, before people understood the unique requirements that bitcoin puts on integrated circuits that you don't find in basically any other industry.

Yes, you were noobs, but only because you didn't pay attention to the existing FPGA products that were on the market before you.

People just HATE the fact that we seem to be able to do things no one else can with our hardware (even now, our FPGA miners are the fastest, cheapest mining devices available.).

http://www.butterflylabs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Rev-1-2-3.jpg

What a kludge.

If you don't like BFL's products.............DON'T BUY THEM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now go troll somewhere else!!!!!!!!!!! Angry

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
squid

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 04:21:39 AM

Please provide citations or stop spreading yet more misinformation.  This is why the forums are useless.  You make statements that you have absolutely no basis in reality to make.

You can see my earlier posts which are direct links to your website regard sources.

No basis in reality? You really want me to believe that you can BY MERELY adjusting the firmware (for a chip on a device that isn't even complete yet) are able to achieve a 40% increase in hash rate while maintaining the SAME power and temperature outputs? Really? who is out of touch with reality more here?

Showing pictures of equipment you don't yet have doesn't imply you have the fab set up operational? You would have just let everyone assume you have the equipment already and set up except someone called you out.

Unacceptable
Legendary

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 04:30:47 AM

Please provide citations or stop spreading yet more misinformation.  This is why the forums are useless.  You make statements that you have absolutely no basis in reality to make.

And this is why no amount of information will satisfy anyone.  Over 1000 posts and a number of articles disclosing the information we are ready to disclose and its' "nothing" ..  Whatever.  You guys just go right on wearing those tinfoil hats.

You can see my earlier posts which are direct links to your website regard sources.

No basis in reality? You really want me to believe that you can BY MERELY adjusting the firmware (for a chip on a device that isn't even complete yet) are able to achieve a 40% increase in hash rate while maintaining the SAME power and temperature outputs? Really? who is out of touch with reality more here?

Showing pictures of equipment you don't yet have doesn't imply you have the fab set up operational? You would have just let everyone assume you have the equipment already and set up except someone called you out.

Have you seen Cablepairs place of buisness/pics of products or ngzhang's or Deepbits or ANYONE else's  Huh

Thought so,now :

Kontakt

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 04:34:11 AM

Well, they all have a nice little defined backlog of information. I personally prefer Bitminter, the admin is very clear and tells us what's going on with the pool. He also responds to our questions in a friendly and complete manner.
squid

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 04:39:47 AM

Have you seen Cablepairs place of buisness/pics of products or ngzhang's or Deepbits or ANYONE else's  Huh

Thought so,now :

Can't find a fault in my reasoning so you result to insults. Makes sense.

And I don't have anything to call cablepair/ngzhang/deepbit out because they don't employ the same sneaky tactics as BFL does. The hint is if you are generally honest and what you say makes sense people won't call you out.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: