Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 11:53:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 [235] 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 ... 314 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SHIFT] The New Web | IPFS/Phantom | ShiftNrg.org Hosted Decentralized!  (Read 547541 times)
9Bank

Activity: 229
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2017, 08:17:57 AM

Cool I'm in agreement about SHIFT being the most undervalued. I'd like to be a delegate but the 60 it costs would de-leverage me too much. However..if I can share my top cryptos, you might like/donate to my "delegation" funding address.  Shocked
5616692100296808580S

60 what? shift or usd?
I'm glad you ask - so if you can tell me how to post a screenshot I'll show my node.shiftnrg.online  Cool

"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
a29654

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 08:36:21 AM

Cool I'm in agreement about SHIFT being the most undervalued. I'd like to be a delegate but the 60 it costs would de-leverage me too much. However..if I can share my top cryptos, you might like/donate to my "delegation" funding address.  Shocked
5616692100296808580S

60 what? shift or usd?
I'm glad you ask - so if you can tell me how to post a screenshot I'll show my node.shiftnrg.online  Cool

Go to imugr, upload image then post link
Timbo_Slice

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 01:47:54 PM

I would be cautious following that link. It's not an official Shift link but has shiftnrg in it. Looks sketchy to me.

The 60 is 60 shift for delegate registration. Right now that's like $37 usd but it was $2 usd when most delegates were first registering.
a29654

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 04:11:40 PM

I would be cautious following that link. It's not an official Shift link but has shiftnrg in it. Looks sketchy to me.

The 60 is 60 shift for delegate registration. Right now that's like $37 usd but it was $2 usd when most delegates were first registering.

The link leads to a shift account log in
the artful bodger

Activity: 292
Merit: 265

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 09:22:42 PM

How long ago was that when most delegates were first registering?
gerb

Activity: 468
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 09:26:44 PM

How long ago was that when most delegates were first registering?

8 months ago
ManOnTheMoon

Activity: 420

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2017, 07:52:04 PM

This coin is so undervalued it should be a crime.

ETH: 0xff90080d7db05ced501f273548841a2c39cf6463
cascano

Activity: 66

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 06:47:31 AM

Hi all

I have a few questions concerning shift and its competitors :

(I am fairly new to the crypto community so correct me if I'm wrong please)

Shift wants to decentralize the web and will release Phantom as a dApp SDK at the end of Q2. If I understand correctly Lisk is also building a dApp SDK with release date set to Q4. The developpers from Shift and Lisk both worked on the Crypti project together and then split off starting Shift and Lisk when they saw great potential in the project.

The apps will run as a sidechain to the main blokchain. Developpers can use the currency of the main blockchain on the sidechain app, or create a new currency unique to that sidechain. So what is inherently different about Lisk and Shift? Are they both competing against each other to deliver the SDK platform as fast as possible or is their vision really different?

Ethereum has already released a dApp SDK and there are already a few working sites online. What is the difference with Shift and how will Shift differentiate themselves from a competitor that has already grown to a market cap of 18 billion and is backed by big investors?

As of now, Shifts market cap holds 7.4 million usd, Lisk mc holds 141.6 million usd and Ethereum mc holds 18 billion usd. When Shift releases the Phantom stand-alone SDK at the end of Q2 I see Shift amounting to the mc of Lisk easily. That means Shift could be a x20 ROI. To reach a large market cap the crypto currency needs strong tech and a good marketing plan. Has Shift devised a marketing plan after the release of Phantom yet?

Kind regards,
a fellow Shift investor
gerb

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 01:01:58 PM

As of now, Shifts market cap holds 7.4 million usd, Lisk mc holds 141.6 million usd and Ethereum mc holds 18 billion usd. When Shift releases the Phantom stand-alone SDK at the end of Q2 I see Shift amounting to the mc of Lisk easily. That means Shift could be a x20 ROI. To reach a large market cap the crypto currency needs strong tech and a good marketing plan. Has Shift devised a marketing plan after the release of Phantom yet?

Kind regards,
a fellow Shift investor

Grin YES
Timbo_Slice

Activity: 50

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 03:43:11 PM

Hi all

Welcome! Have fun learning!

Shift wants to decentralize the web and will release Phantom as a dApp SDK at the end of Q2. If I understand correctly Lisk is also building a dApp SDK with release date set to Q4. The developpers from Shift and Lisk both worked on the Crypti project together and then split off starting Shift and Lisk when they saw great potential in the project.
Yes and no. Phantom  is the flagship "product" (I guess you could call it a dApp) but I don't believe the primary purpose is to act as an SDK. The primary purpose is to act as the gateway to the Shift network. Shift's focus is decentralized hosting and Lisk's focus is dapps and sidechains, although since they're based on the same codebase, in theory they could each to both. I don't think anyone from the Shift team worked on Crypti. Shift was originally based on the Eth codebase, but came under 51% attacks and switch over the Lisk codebase ~8 month ago or so.

The apps will run as a sidechain to the main blokchain. Developpers can use the currency of the main blockchain on the sidechain app, or create a new currency unique to that sidechain. So what is inherently different about Lisk and Shift? Are they both competing against each other to deliver the SDK platform as fast as possible or is their vision really different?
Same as above, the teams have different focuses and different goals. Shift and Lisk have contributed to each other to make the codebase the better in the past, it's not really a competition.

Ethereum has already released a dApp SDK and there are already a few working sites online. What is the difference with Shift and how will Shift differentiate themselves from a competitor that has already grown to a market cap of 18 billion and is backed by big investors?
I think same as before, Shift is focused on decentralized hosting and is not a direct competitor with Eth. Also a big differentiation is the use of IPFS, which I don't think has been done before in crypto
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/InterPlanetary_File_System

Shift has strong tech and a strong team that's been through the ringer and has kept going. I believe that marketing is planned for after Phantom is released and stable, so there's an actual working product to market, instead of just ideas and promises. As far as market cap, I'm sure we're all hoping for some nice growth Smiley

Kind regards,
a fellow Shift investor

Also feel free to join the Ryver chat and you can probably get some better, more precise answers than I can give
https://www.shiftnrg.org/contact/
cascano

Activity: 66

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 06:08:02 PM

Hi all

Yes and no. Phantom  is the flagship "product" (I guess you could call it a dApp) but I don't believe the primary purpose is to act as an SDK. The primary purpose is to act as the gateway to the Shift network. Shift's focus is decentralized hosting and Lisk's focus is dapps and sidechains, although since they're based on the same codebase, in theory they could each to both. I don't think anyone from the Shift team worked on Crypti. Shift was originally based on the Eth codebase, but came under 51% attacks and switch over the Lisk codebase ~8 month ago or so.

So what is inherently different about Lisk and Shift? Are they both competing against each other to deliver the SDK platform as fast as possible or is their vision really different?
Same as above, the teams have different focuses and different goals. Shift and Lisk have contributed to each other to make the codebase the better in the past, it's not really a competition.

I think same as before, Shift is focused on decentralized hosting and is not a direct competitor with Eth. Also a big differentiation is the use of IPFS, which I don't think has been done before in crypto

Shift has strong tech and a strong team that's been through the ringer and has kept going. I believe that marketing is planned for after Phantom is released and stable, so there's an actual working product to market, instead of just ideas and promises. As far as market cap, I'm sure we're all hoping for some nice growth Smiley

Kind regards,
a fellow Shift investor

Also feel free to join the Ryver chat and you can probably get some better, more precise answers than I can give

Thank you Timbo_Slice for your reply.

I have joined the Ryver chat and got some great answers there as well, which I will share on this thread as I am sure it will provide information for bitcointalk users who are not on the Ryver chat.

Both visions from Lisk and Shift differ quite a lot. Lisk is focussing on dApp building based on JavaScript, while Shift is focussing on decentralized webhosting (and dApp hosting). Since Shift is now code based on Lisk, the first idea was to implement Lisk's SDK besides the main focus of decentralized webhosting with Shift its main service called Phantom. However, Lisk's SDK is still not there, therefore the Shift team decided to create its own SDK. After the latest newsletter which stated that Phantom has also been converted into a dApp, it seems to be that Shift will be the first DPoS system that will be SDK- and dApp-ready.

Yes, Ethereum already has its SDK ready, but a DPoS system, such as Lisk and Shift, is much more stable I would say. Ethereum's SDK is Python based, while most programmers are more familiar with JavaScript. Therefore, I would say that Lisk and Shift have some interesting advantages above Ethereum.

Has Shift devised a marketing plan after the release of Phantom yet?
Yes, a strong marketing plan is in the making  Wink
stay tuned

gerb

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 06:11:48 PM

Hi all

Yes and no. Phantom  is the flagship "product" (I guess you could call it a dApp) but I don't believe the primary purpose is to act as an SDK. The primary purpose is to act as the gateway to the Shift network. Shift's focus is decentralized hosting and Lisk's focus is dapps and sidechains, although since they're based on the same codebase, in theory they could each to both. I don't think anyone from the Shift team worked on Crypti. Shift was originally based on the Eth codebase, but came under 51% attacks and switch over the Lisk codebase ~8 month ago or so.

So what is inherently different about Lisk and Shift? Are they both competing against each other to deliver the SDK platform as fast as possible or is their vision really different?

Kind regards,
a fellow Shift investor

Thank you Timbo_Slice for your reply.

I have joined the Ryver chat and got some great answers there as well, which I will share on this thread as I am sure it will provide information for bitcointalk users who are not on the Ryver chat.

Both visions from Lisk and Shift differ quite a lot. Lisk is focussing on dApp building based on JavaScript, while Shift is focussing on decentralized webhosting (and dApp hosting). Since Shift is now code based on Lisk, the first idea was to implement Lisk's SDK besides the main focus of decentralized webhosting with Shift its main service called Phantom. However, Lisk's SDK is still not there, therefore the Shift team decided to create its own SDK. After the latest newsletter which stated that Phantom has also been converted into a dApp, it seems to be that Shift will be the first DPoS system that will be SDK- and dApp-ready.

Yes, Ethereum already has its SDK ready, but a DPoS system, such as Lisk and Shift, is much more stable I would say. Ethereum's SDK is Python based, while most programmers are more familiar with JavaScript. Therefore, I would say that Lisk and Shift have some interesting advantages above Ethereum.

Has Shift devised a marketing plan after the release of Phantom yet?
Yes, a strong marketing plan is in the making  Wink
stay tuned

Thank you very much for sharing this!! many people here in bitcointalk will appreciate this
realm

Activity: 351

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 12:14:19 AM

It's nice seeing more people setting up a testnet node. Feels like everyone is waiting for the phantom release. Also the documentation is getting improved thanks to the community members. The future seems bright for shift, I'm watching closely  Smiley.
D-Lux

Activity: 385

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 02:31:41 AM

Thank you very much for sharing this!! many people here in bitcointalk will appreciate this

+1. Thanks very much cascano and Timbo_Slice for the recent post—really helpful.
cryptogasm

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 02:22:56 PM

I have a feeling stealth accumulation is happening right now. 
Zenoru

Activity: 170

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 02:56:35 PM

I have a feeling stealth accumulation is happening right now.  

Has been happening for quite some time now..well, at least for me since $0.15. Very soon we will never see sub $1 prices again, once everyone realizes what this tech can do.
realm

Activity: 351

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 07:51:57 PM

yes it's so obvious, especially if you consider that there is a constant volume at such low prices. everyone is waiting to see how phantom works and some may also expect the scenario of a polo listing after the product is out.
cryptogasm

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 09:31:07 PM

yes it's so obvious, especially if you consider that there is a constant volume at such low prices. everyone is waiting to see how phantom works and some may also expect the scenario of a polo listing after the product is out.

Poloniex Listing could be VERY POSSIBLE considering many coins were delisted. With good tech, great community, I dont see why we should not get listed on polo in the coming days, especially with the upcoming Phantom release.
cryptogasm

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 10:03:41 PM

Poloniex Listing could be VERY POSSIBLE considering many coins were delisted. With good tech, great community, I dont see why we should not get listed on polo in the coming days, especially with the upcoming Phantom release.

Guys, participate and contribute.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1941436.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1941441.0
leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 01:00:26 PM

Price just hit  ATH, still cheap if you ask me.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

Pages: « 1 ... 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 [235] 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 ... 314 »
  Print  

Jump to: