May 02, 2024, 03:05:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: DO you like this thread
Meh
Yes
No

Pages: « 1 ... 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 [162] 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Nights Watch by Afrikoin  (Read 303270 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Mallyx

Activity: 1138
Merit: 574

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

did you guys hear about EOS?

supposed to be huuuge!

look out for crowdsale

join mailing list now

EOS ? What's that ?
Can you share a link ?
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 07:03:31 AM

Seems to be some blockchain ecosystem based on a POS concept. I understand it's supposed to be an ecosystem like 'NEM' on which apps can be build/run. I'm not sure what's new (didn't we have POS with Peercoin already?) but there is a lot of enthusiasm visible in the fora, as EOS is supposed to solve a few issues that ETH has or may have.

I welcome new projects with new ideas, but only a few will survive (=are useful/adopted IRL).

No word on distribution method yet.

official website: https://eos.io/ (bit mysterious  Shocked )
Bitcointalk: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1904415.0

Hyena
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1011

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2017, 07:14:27 AM

Lol... says the pathetic blocknet shill advertising blocknet all over bitcointalk and desperately trying to undermine bitcoin.

Do you know bitcoin is the most secure, liquid and immutable crypto out there? Do you know bitcoin is here for good while shitcoins will come and go?  Tech doesn't mean jack shit when bitcoin has the best developers and can adapt the tech of any shitcoin using sidechains and smartcontracts

best developers, don't make me laugh  Grin
those "best" developers are unable to even increase the block size limit
they have crippled Bitcoin more than they have done any good
SegWit is a clusterfuck of unnecessary code written in the name of a soft fork and now they want to hard fork Bitcoin with UASF in order to enforce their soft fork. Those guys are absolute morons and hypocrites

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
Gillette

Activity: 744
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 08:12:20 AM

Lol... says the pathetic blocknet shill advertising blocknet all over bitcointalk and desperately trying to undermine bitcoin.

Do you know bitcoin is the most secure, liquid and immutable crypto out there? Do you know bitcoin is here for good while shitcoins will come and go?  Tech doesn't mean jack shit when bitcoin has the best developers and can adapt the tech of any shitcoin using sidechains and smartcontracts

best developers, don't make me laugh  Grin
SegWit is a clusterfuck of unnecessary code written in the name of a soft fork and now they want to hard fork Bitcoin with UASF in order to enforce their soft fork. Those guys are absolute morons and hypocrites

Hyena you nailed man!   Grin

Dafar, you are ignorant. BTC does not innovate anymore. Now it has to steal inovations from other alts. Look how innovative alts boom. They made X20-X200 ROI within 12 months while you BTC made only X4 ROI  Grin

Africoin EOS seems very interesting. I will definitely watch closer! What  do you think about Status project?  www.status.im

Gillette

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 08:15:06 AM

Seems to be some blockchain ecosystem based on a POS concept. I understand it's supposed to be an ecosystem like 'NEM' on which apps can be build/run. I'm not sure what's new (didn't we have POS with Peercoin already?) but there is a lot of enthusiasm visible in the fora, as EOS is supposed to solve a few issues that ETH has or may have.

I welcome new projects with new ideas, but only a few will survive (=are useful/adopted IRL).

Thank you for the links. Yes only few projects with real usage will service. Copy cat coins have no future.
Afrikoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

alan watts is all you need

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 08:53:58 AM

Price Analysis: Cryptocurrencies Hit $100 Billion Market Cap as Bitcoin Reaches for New Highs

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/price-analysis-cryptocurrencies-hit-100-billion-market-cap-bitcoin-reaches-new-highs/

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2017, 12:14:35 PM

Do you know bitcoin is the most secure, liquid and immutable crypto out there? Do you know bitcoin is here for good while shitcoins will come and go?  Tech doesn't mean jack shit when bitcoin has the best developers and can adapt the tech of any shitcoin using sidechains and smartcontracts

Nice comment Hyena.

I'd also add that side chains are a horrible idea
afbitcoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2017, 12:17:25 PM

Thank you for the links. Yes only few projects with real usage will service. Copy cat coins have no future.

The offical website reminds me of this

Miz4r
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 02:30:41 PM

Bullshit, Core isn't even behind BIP148 so you might want to check up on your facts. Segwit is a genius piece of code and is being criticized by incompetent fools like you who can only parrot other fools who don't understand code either. Talking about morons and hypocrits. Roll Eyes

Bitcoin = Gold on steroids
Kramerc

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 03:54:41 PM

I sodl the most in a day since the start of the bull market.

I also sodl in the bit-sim game.
Dafar
Legendary

Activity: 1330

dafar consulting

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 05:01:15 PM

Do you know bitcoin is the most secure, liquid and immutable crypto out there? Do you know bitcoin is here for good while shitcoins will come and go?  Tech doesn't mean jack shit when bitcoin has the best developers and can adapt the tech of any shitcoin using sidechains and smartcontracts

Dafar, you are ignorant. BTC does not innovate anymore. Now it has to steal inovations from other alts. Look how innovative alts boom. They made X20-X200 ROI within 12 months while you BTC made only X4 ROI  Grin

Africoin EOS seems very interesting. I will definitely watch closer! What  do you think about Status project?  www.status.im

So you are judging coins (or rather, "innovation") based on how much they were pumped?? HAHAHA

MEOW coin pumped 5000% in 2014..... I guess it means it's a better coin than Bitcoin too? LMAO!!! You are a fucking moron.

And Hyena is a Roger Ver nut hugger who's been brainwashed against his own interest like an idiot

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
Gillette

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 08:09:20 PM

So you are judging coins (or rather, "innovation") based on how much they were pumped?? HAHAHA

MEOW coin pumped 5000% in 2014..... I guess it means it's a better coin than Bitcoin too? LMAO!!! You are a fucking moron.

And Hyena is a Roger Ver nut hugger who's been brainwashed against his own interest like an idiot

Hey you ignorant asshole, good tech coins always make X20-X200 ROI. All the history of your shit BTC is also pump and dump. You really think BTC grew naturally you fucking moron?  Grin

By the way do you still sell BTC on bottom and rebuy it on top?  Grin

afbitcoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2017, 09:10:12 PM
Last edit: June 07, 2017, 09:52:11 PM by afbitcoins

Bullshit, Core isn't even behind BIP148 so you might want to check up on your facts. Segwit is a genius piece of code and is being criticized by incompetent fools like you who can only parrot other fools who don't understand code either. Talking about morons and hypocrits. Roll Eyes

I think the point Hyena was making was about the ridiculousness of implementing segwit as a softfork to avoid a hardfork, but then needing a hardfork to activate UASF which is the only way it looks like being accepted by the network. When a hardfork would have been the proper way to go from the start.

Also I'd say the segwit 'bundle' of updates also includes malleability fix which is what enables offchain scaling like lightning network. To me at least it is very debateable that offchain scaling is the way to go.

Hyena
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2017, 07:22:26 AM

Anyone who still thinks SegWit is any good needs to read this: How do SegWit and FlexTrans compare?

The reality of the situation is that people will need to upgrade their wallet anyway. As Bitcoin gets its value from networking we can see that networking will cause a ripple effect of upgrades. People that receive a payment from a SegWit user will not have any progress reports of that payment unless they have a SegWit wallet. Users pay more to users that don't have a SegWit wallet. The networked basis of money makes it a certainty that practically all people need to upgrade. And that begs the question if there really is a benefit to the SegWit solution.

SegWit has as its only feature for the future that it allows the Lightning Network to be deployed. The capacity increase is a joke compared to the needs of the network right now. It certainly is not a capacity that can be used in the future. Even with Lightning on top, the capacity allowed in a SegWit world will not allow Bitcoin to grow as peer to peer cash.

Flexible Transactions is not a capacity increase, it is a separate solution that can be combined very well with any capacity increase.
Additionally, it is a format that is made to be extended. Adding fields to the format is expected and can be done safely. FlexTrans even dictates in the specification the allocation of various forwards compatible fields which can be used for soft upgrades.

The main drive for SegWit was to avoid forcing people to upgade. What we see today is that the same authors are pushing people really hard to upgrade to the latest version, even before SegWit is out. Their client refuses to connect to non-segwit peers for half the connections. They even used the alert system to get people to upgrade their client.

All this means that in actual fact the 'safe' upgrade strategy of SegWit is not happening. The natural conclusion is that the complexity introduced to avoid making people upgrade was wasted and there is no real benefit in their architecture over FlexTrans.

The Flexible Transactions deployment is a protocol upgrade that has as of today not been planned. The likely method is to decide that at a specific time (counted in blocks) in the far future this upgrade will become active. Allowing everyone many months to upgrade.
If a user did not upgrade before the date hits his client will give a warning and he will be told to upgrade. Until he does there will be no service. This will guarantee no loss in funds and no loss in security or privacy.

The Flexible Transactions solution solves all problems that SegWit solves. On top of the features that SegWit has it lists some more which are essential to a healthy on-chain future growth for Bitcoin.

Flexible Transactions cost a fraction of SegWit, both in code written and future work to keep the network running.

The goal of SegWit that it would be easier to deploy, allowing people to not upgrade should they not want it, turns out to not be reached and it ends up dictating economic policy which is a sure sign of bad design.

There is no reason to choose SegWit over Flexible Transactions.

dasource

Activity: 821

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 01:19:03 PM

Apologies in advance Afrikoin since its off-topic!

Anyone who still thinks SegWit is any good needs to read this: How do SegWit and FlexTrans compare?

More incompetant rubbish

There need only be ONE reason. That reason is the BU developers are amateur coders and should not be within a hundred miles of any production code. End of conversation.

^ I am with STUPID!
FiendCoin

Activity: 462
Merit: 263

The devil is in the detail.

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 06:15:56 PM

More incompetant rubbish

There need only be ONE reason. That reason is the BU developers are amateur coders and should not be within a hundred miles of any production code. End of conversation.

"Darkness is good. Dick Cheney. Darth Vader. Satan. That's power." -Steve Bannon
RoadTrain
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 12:53:33 AM

SegWit has as its only feature for the future that it allows the Lightning Network to be deployed.
What a bullshit. The one who wrote this piece is totally incompetent. Jesus Christ Shocked
Hyena
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2017, 07:07:14 AM

More incompetant rubbish

Who's talking about BU in the first place you dimwit? Absolutely no mention nor reference to BU
You must be hallucinating

Dafar
Legendary

Activity: 1330

dafar consulting

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 06:34:05 PM

More incompetant rubbish

Who's talking about BU in the first place you dimwit? Absolutely no mention nor reference to BU
You must be hallucinating

You were an avid BU supporter not talking about it anymore because you realized (late) how fucking garbage that proposition is and their devs were shit. Now it's all about "flexible transactions" LOL

Hey you ignorant asshole, good tech coins always make X20-X200 ROI. All the history of your shit BTC is also pump and dump. You really think BTC grew naturally you fucking moron?  Grin

By the way do you still sell BTC on bottom and rebuy it on top?  Grin

Lol stay mad faggot... talking to a moron is a waste of my time

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
Afrikoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

alan watts is all you need

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 08:47:20 AM

interesting comments as we approach August 1. I guess it is a reflection of the divisiveness of the scaling deadlock.

My opinion,

Best Segwit proponents will get is Barry's SegWit2MBHF

else UASF

if UASF happens, then probability of chain split is much much higher

What some are not aware of, is efforts by a pro on chain scaling group to scale onchain with miners support (majority)

if you equate on chain scaling success to BU, you are off the mark.

There's more going on than is readily observed in public

Best believe there'll be a surprise in the coming weeks from pro-big blockers

Never under estimate your 'enemy'

I am also interested in how these events will affect price in the short term.

place your long term holdls after clear vision

meanwhile, this event should churn out interesting proposals on current deadlock

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Pages: « 1 ... 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 [162] 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 »
  Print  

Jump to: