Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:21:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 [225] 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 ... 588 »
  Print  
Author Topic: -  (Read 713516 times)
addicto
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1012

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 10:07:35 AM

I can't wait for main net to go live ! As still there is no specific date given for release of mainnet. Everywhere is mentioned Q1/Q2 which tells that sometime after March. I have small investment and small portion from bounty. Good luck to everyone to see best things happening in next year.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
botija

Activity: 374
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 10:08:55 AM

Decent could be the next steam
http://store.steampowered.com/

What? I consider you typed the wrong word, shouldn't be steem?? Steem is a decentralized social media platform, but your link is a online merchant, how can decent be a internet merchant website? Decent's target is beyond or be similar to steem, but steam, one character makes big difference
You don't know what Steam is?

If video game makers use Decent to distribute game, the it will have a billion dollar market cap.
Michael79

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 02:32:13 PM

I do not understand how will control DECENT the content without being monitored and controlled ......

If I am the real author of a digital content as I protect myself from those who buy it and put it back for sale? There will be many identical duplicate content on the decent network.

Can I upload digital content that is not mine? Can I buy and sell digital content that is not mine?

I hope that for all these questions have answers because there can be many problems with the regulatory entities and with true authors of contents,

If the uploads can be anonymous.... how to protect themselves from third parties?

Regards
Ingramtg
Legendary

Activity: 861
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 02:47:21 PM

Does anyone here have any doubts about Decent? Not trying to spread FUD just curious what ICO participants are thinking?

Waiting for mainnet launch

Very long for waiting it

Decent is a new and written from the scratch, not easy to complete, have to wait.
becaues the bitcoin's price rise so high i think all ico joiner want the mainnet up as soon as possible  Sad
YNWA2806

Activity: 398

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 03:44:08 PM

Hey DECENT and Team, you keep ignoring my PMs but I want to get an answer.
You rubbed me of my well deserved Signature campaign bounty just for two days after you changed the rules without making sure everybody knows and prolonged it.
The least you can do is answer and give reasonable reasons for that.
Look on the history of the thread see how involved I was, I even freake'n translated the OP, and you never even considered that.

I tried my best not to spam this thread but your'e over looking my questions so deal with it and give me my answers
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 06:50:35 PM

I do not understand how will control DECENT the content without being monitored and controlled ......

If I am the real author of a digital content as I protect myself from those who buy it and put it back for sale? There will be many identical duplicate content on the decent network.

Can I upload digital content that is not mine? Can I buy and sell digital content that is not mine?

I hope that for all these questions have answers because there can be many problems with the regulatory entities and with true authors of contents,

If the uploads can be anonymous.... how to protect themselves from third parties?

Regards
In syscoin we solved this via digital ownership linked to identities i suspect decent will try to do something similar... ie only you can upload content under your identity and noone else can... otherwise you are right someone can upload content and its from someone else.. without an identity system it doesnt add up
Freaks
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 06:58:15 PM

Hopefully once thing will be back to normal we may see before the end of the year the list of social media participants. It has been long time so we can demand to see our shares in that list if they have already prepared one. All this delay and ignoring creates many questions. Please guys comes out with spread sheet.
Michael79

Activity: 205

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 08:21:27 PM

Regards
In syscoin we solved this via digital ownership linked to identities i suspect decent will try to do something similar... ie only you can upload content under your identity and noone else can... otherwise you are right someone can upload content and its from someone else.. without an identity system it doesnt add up
Thanks for your comment. It's that .... one person can upload content from another and duplicate the contents or directly sell the digital videos of another without being the real author. I do not know how they solved that decent team.
startselect

Activity: 313

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 08:37:58 PM

If I remember from what I read about Decent and Naughty America, they have some type of solution for copyrighted content.
startselect

Activity: 313

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 08:39:45 PM

You rubbed me of my well deserved Signature campaign bounty just for two days after you changed the rules without making sure everybody knows and prolonged it.
Look on the history of the thread see how involved I was, I even freake'n translated the OP, and you never even considered that.

I tried my best not to spam this thread but your'e over looking my questions so deal with it and give me my answers

How exactly were you robbed? Did you remove your signature campaign before they checked it?
kliown

Activity: 1080
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 26, 2016, 12:59:40 AM

try contact decent team on slack channel or twitter
indijim

Activity: 471

View Profile
December 26, 2016, 01:56:26 AM

WTS 10 stakes (500DCT) at average ICO price. These stakes are bound to my bitcointalk account and were acquired through the signature campaign. You can verify this by searching my name  on the signature campaign spreadsheet. You are purchasing my bitcointalk account. I will use escrow or go first to someone I can trust. Pm me.

Why sell your stake? Decent is going to be pretty big.
MoveCrypto

Activity: 364

move that crypto

View Profile
December 26, 2016, 02:06:52 AM

WTS 10 stakes (500DCT) at average ICO price. These stakes are bound to my bitcointalk account and were acquired through the signature campaign. You can verify this by searching my name  on the signature campaign spreadsheet. You are purchasing my bitcointalk account. I will use escrow or go first to someone I can trust. Pm me.

It's going to be Humongous

MoveCrypto for Komodo Notary
https://komodoplatform.com/
SolomonSollarsNSense

Activity: 462

View Profile
December 26, 2016, 02:24:35 AM
Last edit: December 26, 2016, 02:53:21 AM by SolomonSollarsNSense

If I remember from what I read about Decent and Naughty America, they have some type of solution for copyrighted content.

If Decent truly has a "solution" to this as a filmmaker in the Hollywood space (with a blockchain project) I can assure you that it will not be decentralized. And if it is "decentralized" it will not be very efficient at scale. There will be ways to get around this solution as there are ways to get around YouTube's and Google Search's solutions to stopping copyright material. Which again can be done and these entities have Billions of Dollars in funding with highly sophisticated algorithms not thousands of Bitcoin.

And you know what's even more interesting? Decentralization of content is not even the biggest pain point in Hollywood or American content at least. As a matter of fact I can argue its not even that big of a deal compared to other serious and measurable paint points. I know they are not really focused on this market but it is where all the real money is at. YouTube as a standalone company is worth $80 Billion and that is because of its American Millennial audience and content creators.

To go even further middle men that fulfill certain value points that are not being offered by the YouTubes of the world, such as protection of original content viewing, a better cut to content creators (80/20 or 90/10) compared to the current market (45/55 and 55/45 (YouTube)) and better monetization options that actually allow them to CONSOLIDATE and build a real PAYING audience are actual selling points mainstream consumers could love and content creators will flock too (obviously).

I dont know about the rest of the world but Americans are weary  of platforms that seem like there is no one that can be held accountable. It simply does not sell here. Look to be frank decentralization of content is not a business model for adoption nor is it a selling point. It might be amazing technology but it is not a business. In my opinion if you are going to launch something in the Hollywood or content space trying to sell "decentralized" or "no middle men" or "open platform" is not really a value proposition that scales with the current content creator market and the options they currently have now. I can speak to that because I am an actual Millennial Content Creator knee deep in this space and industry.

You have platforms like Patreon that are centralized and still give a 95% cut to their creators on their platform. And they are pretty open to all types of content creators. Look at their home page. It says fans have given OVER $50 MILLION to content creators. That is real people giving content creators real money. Think if that entity was tied to a blockchain... What would the market cap be on it? Having done $50 Million in actual transactions?

And now that they have Patrecon as a community based event that brings content creators together they are creating intangibles that simply cannot be competed with when it comes to trying to sell content creators on "decentralized". Now because of the pricing limitations Patreon has, and the way it lets content creators get supported by their audience, it will not scale to every type of content creator. But the market that it will scale to is YUGE and relevant enough to keep them going even in the face of YouTube. It still works because it offers content creators an option, a value proposition YouTube or Netflix or Amazon simply cannot offer in the market.

And nothing is stopping them in the future from implementing elements of blockchain technology (think Circle) that gives all the benefits and costs savings of decentralized blockchains without needing to give up their entity as a company. Think about this last point... Companies and "Middle Men" are not a bad thing AS LONG as they are actually useful and can sustain themselves in the face of competition.

As Michael79 was trying to point out with his excellent questions the technology might be great and I believe Decent's tech will be awesome. But people need to ask tough questions when it comes to business. Not technology. I'm talking business. Peace and Merry Christmas everyone  Smiley
SolomonSollarsNSense

View Profile
December 26, 2016, 02:26:58 AM

It's going to be Humongous

DECENT will certainly be Big. Just as Steem/SteemIt was big. The real question is how long will it last. And the only way to answer that is with understanding its business model plans. DECENT can certainly succeed if it makes and markets the right value propositions. It will be interesting to see.
chris_nor

Activity: 256

View Profile
December 26, 2016, 04:23:40 AM

If Decent truly has a "solution" to this as a filmmaker in the Hollywood space (with a blockchain project) I can assure you that it will not be decentralized. And if it is "decentralized" it will not be very efficient at scale. There will be ways to get around this solution as there are ways to get around YouTube's and Google Search's solutions to stopping copyright material. Which again can be done and these entities have Billions of Dollars in funding with highly sophisticated algorithms not thousands of Bitcoin.

And you know what's even more interesting? Decentralization of content is not even the biggest pain point in Hollywood or American content at least. As a matter of fact I can argue its not even that big of a deal compared to other serious and measurable paint points. I know they are not really focused on this market but it is where all the real money is at. YouTube as a standalone company is worth $80 Billion and that is because of its American Millennial audience and content creators.

To go even further middle men that fulfill certain value points that are not being offered by the YouTubes of the world, such as protection of original content viewing, a better cut to content creators (80/20 or 90/10) compared to the current market (45/55 and 55/45 (YouTube)) and better monetization options that actually allow them to CONSOLIDATE and build a real PAYING audience are actual selling points mainstream consumers could love and content creators will flock too (obviously).

I dont know about the rest of the world but Americans are weary  of platforms that seem like there is no one that can be held accountable. It simply does not sell here. Look to be frank decentralization of content is not a business model for adoption nor is it a selling point. It might be amazing technology but it is not a business. In my opinion if you are going to launch something in the Hollywood or content space trying to sell "decentralized" or "no middle men" or "open platform" is not really a value proposition that scales with the current content creator market and the options they currently have now. I can speak to that because I am an actual Millennial Content Creator knee deep in this space and industry.

You have platforms like Patreon that are centralized and still give a 95% cut to their creators on their platform. And they are pretty open to all types of content creators. Look at their home page. It says fans have given OVER $50 MILLION to content creators. That is real people giving content creators real money. Think if that entity was tied to a blockchain... What would the market cap be on it? Having done $50 Million in actual transactions?

And now that they have Patrecon as a community based event that brings content creators together they are creating intangibles that simply cannot be competed with when it comes to trying to sell content creators on "decentralized". Now because of the pricing limitations Patreon has, and the way it lets content creators get supported by their audience, it will not scale to every type of content creator. But the market that it will scale to is YUGE and relevant enough to keep them going even in the face of YouTube. It still works because it offers content creators an option, a value proposition YouTube or Netflix or Amazon simply cannot offer in the market.

And nothing is stopping them in the future from implementing elements of blockchain technology (think Circle) that gives all the benefits and costs savings of decentralized blockchains without needing to give up their entity as a company. Think about this last point... Companies and "Middle Men" are not a bad thing AS LONG as they are actually useful and can sustain themselves in the face of competition.

As Michael79 was trying to point out with his excellent questions the technology might be great and I believe Decent's tech will be awesome. But people need to ask tough questions when it comes to business. Not technology. I'm talking business. Peace and Merry Christmas everyone  Smiley

I imagine the solution being something like, whoever uploads it first has rights over it.
SolomonSollarsNSense

View Profile
December 26, 2016, 05:16:26 AM

I imagine the solution being something like, whoever uploads it first has rights over it.

THanks Chris for the continued conversation. I do not know how that criteria would be helpful especially if we are talking about content that "premieres" on another platform and is taken down from there and uploaded to DECENT? Or slightly older content or newish content? Remember DECENT is not well known already and it cannot be assumed that it will automatically become the case.

Worst case scenarios should be assumed as that will allow us to gauge the real viability of a technology or value proposition.

If current content creators and providers decide to premiere their content somewhere else and it is taken down and uploaded to DECENT before the actual owners that methodology as an upload criteria would become very problematic. At least as an appeal to content creators. I'm not too sure its DECENT's plan. I honestly do not know their plan.

Many who know me and our project have pointed me to DECENT in terms of other projects that are in the content space. I actually think its cool that there are others trying to tackle content specifically visual content as there is a lot blockchain technologies can do in this space. Its a very big industry so there is space for many winners. And like any start up in the tech space you need a target demographic that can be defined and a value proposition that will onboard them. I look forward to seeing that with DECENT.
chris_nor

Activity: 256

View Profile
December 26, 2016, 05:34:54 AM

THanks Chris for the continued conversation. I do not know how that criteria would be helpful especially if we are talking about content that "premieres" on another platform and is taken down from there and uploaded to DECENT? Or slightly older content or newish content? Remember DECENT is not well known already and it cannot be assumed that it will automatically become the case.

Worst case scenarios should be assumed as that will allow us to gauge the real viability of a technology or value proposition.

If current content creators and providers decide to premiere their content somewhere else and it is taken down and uploaded to DECENT before the actual owners that methodology as an upload criteria would become very problematic. At least as an appeal to content creators. I'm not too sure its DECENT's plan. I honestly do not know their plan.

Many who know me and our project have pointed me to DECENT in terms of other projects that are in the content space. I actually think its cool that there are others trying to tackle content specifically visual content as there is a lot blockchain technologies can do in this space. Its a very big industry so there is space for many winners. And like any start up in the tech space you need a target demographic that can be defined and a value proposition that will onboard them. I look forward to seeing that with DECENT.

Well, in terms of Naughty America, I'm thinking that since they will be the one first with the original content, the first uploading it. Once they uploaded, others cannot upload the same file. Of course people can do other things to overcome that, like putting them in a 7zip file.

But right now people get their content for free in various places on the internet. And they're still alive because there are plenty of people still willing to pay for it.

In terms of other uploading their content cheaper, I think most users, humans in general, if they have to pay will give the money to the company that's making videos. Especially since the prices are going to be lowered with the fact that Decent makes it cheaper for such a company to publish a movie.

The one thing that really can make Decent successful is if the average person finds an easy way of using cash to purchase Decent content. Maybe such a company like the one we're using as an example can sell directly using cash that gets converted to DCTs.
senopratama

Activity: 630

View Profile
December 26, 2016, 05:40:57 AM

where are social network bounty campaign participants list sir??? i want to know about thats

███             ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄          ████                   ████          ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄         
███         ▄███████████████████▄       ████                 ████       ▄███████████████████▄     
███       ▄██████▀▀       ▀▀██████▄      ████               ████      ▄██████▀▀       ▀▀██████▄   
███      █████▀               ▀█████      ████             ████      █████▀               ▀█████ 
███    ▐████▀                   ▀████▌     ████           ████     ▐████▀                   ▀████▌
███    ████▌                     ▐████      ████         ████      ████▌                     ▐████
███    ████                       ████       ████       ████       ████                       ████
███    ████                       ████        ████     ████        ████                       ████
███    ████▌                     ▐████         ████   ████         ████▌                     ▐████
███    ▐████▄                   ▄████▌          ████ ████          ▐████▄                   ▄████▌
███      █████▄               ▄█████             ███████             █████▄               ▄█████ 
███       ▀██████▄▄       ▄▄██████▀               █████               ▀██████▄▄       ▄▄██████▀   
███         ▀███████████████████▀                  ███                  ▀███████████████████▀     
███             ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀                       █                       ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀         
INTERNET OF VALUE OMNILEDGER
|

THE FIRST DECENTRALIZED
HUMAN VALUE BLOCKCHAIN NETWORK

|

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
M

█▀▀▀▄▄▄██▄
             █     ▀██▀
            █
         ▄▄▄█▄▄▄
 ████▄▄███████████▄▄████
▐██████▀▀███████▀▀██████▌
 ▀████    █████    ████▀
  ████▄  ▄█████▄  ▄████
  ▀███████████████████▀
   ▀████▄▀█████▀▄████▀
     ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████
   ████▀▀▀
   ████
   ████
██████████
▀▀▀████▀▀
   ████
   ████
   ████
   ████
   ████
   ▀▀▀▀
|
SolomonSollarsNSense

View Profile
December 26, 2016, 06:17:09 AM

Well, in terms of Naughty America, I'm thinking that since they will be the one first with the original content, the first uploading it. Once they uploaded, others cannot upload the same file. Of course people can do other things to overcome that, like putting them in a 7zip file.

But right now people get their content for free in various places on the internet. And they're still alive because there are plenty of people still willing to pay for it.

In terms of other uploading their content cheaper, I think most users, humans in general, if they have to pay will give the money to the company that's making videos. Especially since the prices are going to be lowered with the fact that Decent makes it cheaper for such a company to publish a movie.

The one thing that really can make Decent successful is if the average person finds an easy way of using cash to purchase Decent content. Maybe such a company like the one we're using as an example can sell directly using cash that gets converted to DCTs.

Ok thanks for the clarification. I see what you mean there. I'm glad you at least understand there are ways around it. In addition to other use cases that may actually deter content creators from a decentralized content platform.

I'm also glad you acknowledge the reality that platforms that actually support paying content are crucial to "free" streaming or torrent platforms survival. As someone who plays in both arenas I can tell you they are both needed at a certain ration in the market. You simply cannot make the highest quality content if everyone gets it for free or free with ads that do not go to the actual content creator. But at the same time content creators who make high quality content need better monetization models that get their content into the hands of consumers fast and at the right price for growth.

I will not comment on what can or cannot make DECENT successful as I do not know their target audience for the content creator side or consumer side. I will say this though as an American... If you are leading your platforms content acquisition with Porn content? You are shooting yourself in the foot. There is a reason why Netflix, Amazon, Google Play, Apple TV and other top notch content platforms in the space stay far far far away from outright porn for as long as they can...

Why or why Decent would ever look to that market to start with is beyond me. But as I say I do not know who their target market is. But I will say that porn does not make a content platform scale AT ALL. In my opinion it will actually kill a platform that wants to be used by mainstream consumers. Especially if your marketed by word of mouth that porn is a main stay on the platform... You will get killed by the mainstream (At least in America). And your competition will be more than happy to make sure their customers know this about you if you ever even thought about stepping into the market and competing.

I really do want to know who they are getting their content acquisition consultation from. I hope its not just anyone who shows up wanting to use our tech first is who we will work with. But hey maybe they know something I don't. Guess we will see.
Pages: « 1 ... 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 [225] 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 ... 588 »
  Print  

Jump to: