Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 06:43:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 [238] 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 ... 588 »
  Print  
Author Topic: -  (Read 713518 times)
DECENT (OP)

Activity: 1234
Merit: 528

Decentralized Content Distribution

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2017, 09:38:36 AM

Why the ICO dashboard is not available ? We can't connect, how will we receive our token ? Just by an adresse by mail ?

Your account in DECENT ICO is fixed to your email address.
However, here: https://ico.decent.ch/ you can find your balance after logging in.

▄████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████▄
█████████████████
███████████████▀
████████████▀        ▄███▄
█████████▀        ▄███████
 ▀████▀        ▄██████████
              ████████████
               ▀██████████
                  ▀███████
                     ▀███▀
D E C E N T
......███████████▄▄       ▄▄███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄   ▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████████████████████████████████
███         ▀███▄███▀                 ▄▄██████▄▄       ▄█████▀   ▄▄██████▄▄ 
███          ▀█████▀                 ████▀▀▀▀████     ███▀▀▀    ████▀▀▀▀████
███           ▄███▀                 ███▀      ▀███   ███▀      ███▀      ▀███
███          ▄█████▄                ███        ███   ███       ██████████████
███         ▄███▀███▄               ███▄      ▄███   ███       ███▄██████████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ████▄▄▄▄████    ███        ████▄▄▄▄████
███████████▀▀       ▀▀████████████▄   ▀▀██████▀▀     ███         ▀▀██████▀▀██
Blockchain you can actually build on.
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄███████████████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀     ██████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄▀   ███████
██████▄    ▄▄█▀    ████████
█████████▄██▀      ████████
▀██████████▄▄    ████████▀
▀████████▄█████▄████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
Join our
discussion
jvper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 06:45:44 PM

I think Decent will make x10 to ICO Price after release...

To see an X10 its capital would have to be about 50 M$. Everything is possible Shocked

AUGUR was valued at $52 million yesterday. Is "the wisdom of the crowd" worth 52 million dollars? Oh, wait... Augur is not even ready, so it is $52 million + execution risks. Maybe over $100 million if successfully delivered. Who cares about "who the MVP will be this year"? Economic events are already priced at the market (and sometimes wrong, just like Brexit, American election, Trump effect on the economy, Colombian referendum, Brazilian political turmoil and so on).

Therefore, Decent may be priced more than 100 million dollars even before final delivery, as it enables many useful things:

- any content distribution in China (specifically important)
- any content distribution worldwide
- no middleman (reduces costs up to the technology only)
- micropayments enabled
- anonymous (no worry about being jailed for torrents)

Selling for less than $50 million if the team proves itself able to deliver something useful sounds stupid. Sell Augur instead...
jvper

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 07:42:50 PM
Last edit: January 05, 2017, 07:59:19 PM by jvper

I have a doubt regarding the product:

How is bandwidth going to be rewarded? I mean, bigger files will generate more DCT, but the bandwidth allocation is not mentioned at all in the documentation. One could upload 100 bytes per second of 1 GB content and would receive the same amount of tokens a user that uploads 1 MB per second of 1 GB content would.

What's your plan for making download speed good? Whoever ever downloaded via torrent knows that speed is crucial.
Michael79

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 08:17:54 PM

How is bandwidth going to be rewarded? I mean, bigger files will generate more DCT, but the bandwidth allocation is not mentioned at all in the documentation. One could upload 100 bytes per second of 1 GB content and would receive the same amount of tokens a user that uploads 1 MB per second of 1 GB content would.

What's your plan for making download speed good? Whoever ever downloaded via torrent knows that speed is crucial.

The question is addressed to the Dev of the project and I am not who to answer it I am only give my point of view of what I imagine it will be by logic:

I imagine that the uploads and downloads of the contents will go at the speed you have contracted, I do not think it depends on the software. We will be paying only for the decryption of this digital content, so I understand.

More Megas up more tokens will cost. I do not think it's like bittorrent. It will be a platform where you pay for downloading the content that is encrypted, we only pay for the private keys that decrypt the content.

If this is not how I say I hope they correct me.
startselect

Activity: 313
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 09:20:56 PM

Once I got a warning from my ISP, because I downloaded an old Family Guy episode that I wanted to watch through torrents.

So with this coin, no one will know what I downloaded right?

People in countries who ban things will be able to download stuff right?
TheKB

Activity: 315

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 08:45:03 AM

Once I got a warning from my ISP, because I downloaded an old Family Guy episode that I wanted to watch through torrents.

you should rather change your despicable ISP that is actively spying on you. For security and privacy, you should use VPN or TOR.
startselect

Activity: 313

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 04:33:40 PM

you should rather change your despicable ISP that is actively spying on you. For security and privacy, you should use VPN or TOR.

No, it's part of a law that was passed a few years ago. The movie studio or tv station get your IP because of the way torrents work, report it to the ISP, whichever it is, and they have to send you a letter.
BTcoint

Activity: 553
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 09:32:27 AM

is it allowed to change the signature now or should we wait until the launch of the main network ..

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
kaicrypzen

Activity: 1344
Merit: 656

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 12:17:41 PM

is it allowed to change the signature now or should we wait until the launch of the main network ..

You can remove it. It's been quite sometime since the signature spreadsheet has been updated with the latest counts. Check the opening post for the spreadsheet to see if your stakes are okay, you also have a form to report any incoherences/problems.

senopratama

Activity: 630

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 11:38:17 PM

Why the ICO dashboard is not available ? We can't connect, how will we receive our token ? Just by an adresse by mail ?

Your account in DECENT ICO is fixed to your email address.
However, here: https://ico.decent.ch/ you can find your balance after logging in.

How about social media camp spreadsheet,
Cannot see social media campaign participants sir

███             ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄          ████                   ████          ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄         
███         ▄███████████████████▄       ████                 ████       ▄███████████████████▄     
███       ▄██████▀▀       ▀▀██████▄      ████               ████      ▄██████▀▀       ▀▀██████▄   
███      █████▀               ▀█████      ████             ████      █████▀               ▀█████ 
███    ▐████▀                   ▀████▌     ████           ████     ▐████▀                   ▀████▌
███    ████▌                     ▐████      ████         ████      ████▌                     ▐████
███    ████                       ████       ████       ████       ████                       ████
███    ████                       ████        ████     ████        ████                       ████
███    ████▌                     ▐████         ████   ████         ████▌                     ▐████
███    ▐████▄                   ▄████▌          ████ ████          ▐████▄                   ▄████▌
███      █████▄               ▄█████             ███████             █████▄               ▄█████ 
███       ▀██████▄▄       ▄▄██████▀               █████               ▀██████▄▄       ▄▄██████▀   
███         ▀███████████████████▀                  ███                  ▀███████████████████▀     
███             ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀                       █                       ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀         
INTERNET OF VALUE OMNILEDGER
|

THE FIRST DECENTRALIZED
HUMAN VALUE BLOCKCHAIN NETWORK

|

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
M

█▀▀▀▄▄▄██▄
             █     ▀██▀
            █
         ▄▄▄█▄▄▄
 ████▄▄███████████▄▄████
▐██████▀▀███████▀▀██████▌
 ▀████    █████    ████▀
  ████▄  ▄█████▄  ▄████
  ▀███████████████████▀
   ▀████▄▀█████▀▄████▀
     ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████
   ████▀▀▀
   ████
   ████
██████████
▀▀▀████▀▀
   ████
   ████
   ████
   ████
   ████
   ▀▀▀▀
|
jvper

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 02:16:17 PM

The question is addressed to the Dev of the project and I am not who to answer it I am only give my point of view of what I imagine it will be by logic:

I imagine that the uploads and downloads of the contents will go at the speed you have contracted, I do not think it depends on the software. We will be paying only for the decryption of this digital content, so I understand.

More Megas up more tokens will cost. I do not think it's like bittorrent. It will be a platform where you pay for downloading the content that is encrypted, we only pay for the private keys that decrypt the content.

I see, but do you understand that, if the content is a big file and nobody has any incentive for bandwidth allocation, then the download may take "forever"... If you have ever downloaded something that takes "forever" to finish, you probably know the feeling. Customers would rather move to other platforms (traditional ones), where downloads are fast.
reginalkri

Activity: 285

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 04:25:49 PM

I see, but do you understand that, if the content is a big file and nobody has any incentive for bandwidth allocation, then the download may take "forever"... If you have ever downloaded something that takes "forever" to finish, you probably know the feeling. Customers would rather move to other platforms (traditional ones), where downloads are fast.
I'm guessing that for big companies that won't be a problem. Like take steam for example, if they were to sell games through Decent then they will have a their servers which will help a lot if people are not using their bandwidth. Then of course if Steam was using Decent then the marketcap for Decent would be like 5 billion dollars, and a lot of people will be using it to mine it.

I also imagine that the Decent team is also going to have farms.
realbigs21024

Activity: 322

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 11:55:21 PM

what happened to https://ico.decent.ch/ i cant log in it says The requested URL / was not found on this server. and that is where my ico coins were now how can i find them
hnr88it

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 11:59:14 PM

Here is working
ja23

Activity: 753
Merit: 505

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 12:56:05 AM

what happened to https://ico.decent.ch/ i cant log in it says The requested URL / was not found on this server. and that is where my ico coins were now how can i find them

It happens every once in a while. It should work for you eventually.
skrtel37

Activity: 478

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 07:38:14 AM

when is the launch, any given date

Just give them some more time, they are busy with developing, I trust it. And let won't let us down

This question is asked on an hourly basis.....the distribution date is Q1 2017 - meaning any given date between January till March 2017, it was said here before the they estimate it will happen some time in February, stop asking about it every minute your are filling this thread with questions and making the important stuff to disappear in this spam...

Regarding the bounty, I actually agree, regardless of the distribution we should at least know what to expect when it eventually happens.
skrtel37

Activity: 478

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 07:38:56 AM

the Greek ann will be updated again on jan 20.

What will you update? Is there any good news?

Any reason for updating translation of the OP? something has changed?
DECENT (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2017, 02:48:48 PM

Thanks for all the support during the last year and let's see what's ahead!
https://decent.ch/decent-gears-up-for-2017/

▄████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████▄
█████████████████
███████████████▀
              ████████████
               ▀██████████
                  ▀███████
                     ▀███▀
D E C E N T
......███████████▄▄       ▄▄███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
Join our
discussion
DECENT (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2017, 02:49:54 PM

When DECENT will start collecting bounty information?What ever the distribution date is but they should complete the bounty data asap.

As we have said earlier Facebook and Twitter will be published soon. Once all the stakes are counted we will share it here as well

▄████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████▄
█████████████████
███████████████▀
              ████████████
               ▀██████████
                  ▀███████
                     ▀███▀
D E C E N T
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
Join our
discussion
jacaf01

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2017, 04:15:30 PM

From the article Probably most importantly, Q1 – Q2 will come with the launch of DECENT Network.

So people asking for the release date it is around Q1-Q2 2017

|
|
QRX|
|
QURREX - QRXTest MVP |Source
www.qurrex.com

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
Pages: « 1 ... 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 [238] 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 ... 588 »
  Print  

Jump to: