Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:27:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 227 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin XT - Officially #REKT (also goes for BIP101 fraud)  (Read 378926 times)
brg444 (OP)

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 04:24:36 PM

To Gavin & Mike : resignation letters can be handed to the reception desk.

Time to call Bitcoin XT what it is: the biggest fail in altcoin history

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 04:28:05 PM

It's clear now XT is destiend to disappear and the fork will not happen, thank god. It's also clear tho that alot of people want a bigger blocksize, but not arbitrary increases of the blocksize which all it does is exposing the network to all kind of attacks and things we don't even know because we would be in unknown territory. Yes for blocksize increase and yes for scaling up Bitcoin globally to beat VISA etc, but do it with common sense.
knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

--------------->¿?

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 04:31:30 PM

It's clear now XT is destiend to disappear and the fork will not happen,

This is yet to be seen if Core delivers something satisfactory in time.

How on earth giving choice to the market can be considered as dictatorship? The censorship going on on /r/bitcoin IS dictatorship.

Dude still don't understand how XT works. K.

BitProdigy

Activity: 322
Merit: 114

We Are The New Wealthy Elite, Gentlemen

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 04:40:02 PM

To Gavin & Mike : resignation letters can be handed to the reception desk.

As Antonopoulus put it, if you think Gavin and Hearn are wrong why were you ever worried? Bitcoin Xt would have to get 75% votes a "supermajority" to be implemented. Did you seriously ever think 75% of the network would choose a bad solution?? No.

All Bitcoin XT did was present yet another option to be voted on, the consensus mechanism of bitcoin ensures that the best possible solution is chosen, Bitcoin XT just brought the whole debate to everyone's attention. You are overreacting.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 04:43:47 PM

Time to zap Gavin's alert key in the next release (I assume but to not know that it is still there.)  A discussion on replacement(s) should be undertaken.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
brg444 (OP)

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 04:43:54 PM

How on earth giving choice to the market can be considered as dictatorship? The censorship going on on /r/bitcoin IS dictatorship.

I suggest you read Hayek's Road to Serfdom.

Totalitarianism under the urge to follow a "strong" leader by steering the sheeps against a "common enemy" is not giving choice to the market. It is politics of the worst kind.

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2015, 04:48:10 PM

Time to zap Gavin's alert key in the next release (I assume but to not know that it is still there.)  A discussion on replacement(s) should be undertaken.
I would like just to confirm that the alert key is there. I as well have thought about this (as I have defended him in the past). The decision of keeping it should be re-evaluated.

Judging from the miners vote right now, BIP100 is gaining traction while XT is going to 0% (even Slush abandoned it).

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

--------------->¿?

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 05:12:24 PM

Totalitarianism under the urge to follow a "strong" leader by steering the sheeps against a "common enemy" is not giving choice to the market. It is politics of the worst kind.

Aaaaand how Core devs ignoring a large group of the market asking for scalability solution in a timely manner is not totalitarianism?

tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 05:24:35 PM

I would like just to confirm that the alert key is there. I as well have thought about this (as I have defended him in the past). The decision of keeping it should be re-evaluated.

Judging from the miners vote right now, BIP100 is gaining traction while XT is going to 0% (even Slush abandoned it).

I defended the guy for years past his 'best before' date.  My bad.  Believe it or not I have to be pretty confident about the rottenness of someone or something before I really open up on them/it.

If Gavin planned to foster good-will in doing his early facet stuff as a PR stunt, it was one of the most brilliant moves in Bitcoin history.  I still doubt that he did and still feel it mostly likely that his elevation was one of those accidents of caprice.  And also that if Bitcoin survives him it will be one of the epic saves of all time.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
brg444 (OP)

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 05:27:47 PM

Aaaaand how Core devs ignoring a large group of the market asking for scalability solution in a timely manner is not totalitarianism?

What "large group of the market"? Reddit? This forum?

How are they qualified to understand and determine what a "timely manner" ought to be? If you had read Hayek you'd realize this is exactly what he is talking about. A group of sheeps electing a totalitarian leader because they couldn't wait for due process to unfold and required actions only because they thought they knew better.

You pretending that a bunch of noise is relevant because it's noisy should not reflect on the decisions of professionals.

mookid

Activity: 446
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2015, 05:32:11 PM

The only certain thing is that core developers and supporters started a censorship campaign for quite some time now, when you see things like reddit post disappearing, censorship in the forums, etc, suspicions get raises.
fryarminer

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 05:34:27 PM

Hey. XT did light the fire under people to get something decided. We need bigger blocks, and the Core developers only care about selling themselves to Blockstream.

So give XT the respect it deserves!

fryarminer

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 05:37:04 PM

It would be a mistake to get rid of the alert key. And it is clear that the alert key has not been misused in the past.
Considering the necessity for miner's consensus, and considering how many miners are still using prehistoric versions of QT, we need a way to contact them.
brg444 (OP)

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 05:39:08 PM

The only certain thing is that core developers and supporters started a censorship campaign for quite some time now, when you see things like reddit post disappearing, censorship in the forums, etc, suspicions get raises.

Do you have evidence for this?

brg444 (OP)

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 05:40:35 PM

Hey. XT did light the fire under people to get something decided. We need bigger blocks, and the Core developers only care about selling themselves to Blockstream.

So give XT the respect it deserves!

How does that work? You do understand Blockstream (sidechains) benefits from larger blocks?

Do you also understand that there are more than just the "Blockstream people" that are opposed to overly large blocks?

brg444 (OP)

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 05:43:12 PM

More #REKT

tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 05:43:51 PM

It would be a mistake to get rid of the alert key. And it is clear that the alert key has not been misused in the past.
Considering the necessity for miner's consensus, and considering how many miners are still using prehistoric versions of QT, we need a way to contact them.

Gavin has not done squat for years (thankfully as much of his work when he was active was useless and counterproductive) and is now basically a pariah to most people who understand the XT hostile takeover attempt event.  There is no compelling reason for him to have an alert key and there are risk associated with him having it.  If he supports another hostile takeover attempt the key could be mis-used to burn a lot of innocent people.

fryarminer

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 05:44:12 PM

Where have you been the last few weeks?
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 05:46:29 PM

OP, all I see from your graphic is Bitfury supports Bip 100.

But whatever, as long as we get bigger blocks and Blockstream
is cockblocked from keeping the 1mb in place, I'll be happy.

Don't really give a rat's ass one way or the other about XT.

brg444 (OP)

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 05:48:06 PM

OP, all I see from your graphic is Bitfury supports Bip 100.

But whatever, as long as we get bigger blocks and Blockstream
is cockblocked from keeping the 1mb in place, I'll be happy.

Don't really give a rat's ass one way or the other about XT.

Blockstream, or its developers, never argued for permanent 1mb. I thought I taught you to shut your mouth when you were ignorant of facts?

Did you not read my post on your thread clearly highlighting the benefits of larger blocks for sidechains?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 227 »
  Print  

Jump to: