Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:12:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Best bitcoin wallet?  (Read 47141 times)
prodigy8

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 06:30:45 PM

I use coinbase web "wallet" too, it is easy to manipulate.
The UI is clean (blue and white) and i can easily send and receive bitcoins.
When their website gets offline i have no access to my bitcoins, so basically they own my bitcoins, not much safe.
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ikydesu

Activity: 686

fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2015, 06:43:47 PM

When their website gets offline i have no access to my bitcoins, so basically they own my bitcoins, not much safe.

What that's mean about "easy to manipulate"?

Basically coinbase is exchanger.
prodigy8

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 06:46:16 PM

By "easy to manipulate" i mean that you have everything you need in one place.
Except the private key that you dont have. You can easily sign a message.
Send receive bitcoins and 2FA security, and the referral program is great if you have ever heard about it.
It is an exchange but in the same time it is a web "wallet" too, and the Andorid app is good to check the balance.
BitcoinXio

Activity: 285
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2015, 12:17:29 AM

My vote goes to multibit
You can vote for them here, literally. http://bitcoinx.io/wallets/multibit/
It looks like they need some more love Smiley

Franciem

Activity: 322

Real power doesnt hit hard,but right to the target

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 02:48:41 AM

may be he use 1 bitcoin adddress only 1time, or maybe he want to mixing his bitcoin
send btc to coinbase, sell it with usd and buy back after it your bitcoin get mixing Smiley

but i think xapo is better to do it

asa.convex

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 03:19:18 AM

It depends for your personal use and it make eveey people will have different best wallet..

For me i use blockchain and xapo for web browser type.. And use coinomi for android wallet...

Mrs.Van.Braam

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 03:22:36 AM

I think best wallet are blockchain and my local wallet, but i always use my local wallet for any  daily transaction
coinzat

Activity: 434

Young but I'm not that bold

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 03:25:37 AM

For a newbie , I recommend you to use blockchain android wallet
It is very friendly and I have never faced a problem with it until now
Franciem

Activity: 322

Real power doesnt hit hard,but right to the target

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 03:44:57 AM

mycellium also very simple than blockchain, we can acces it without sign up or log in
also we can back up create a sign message

Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 03:55:58 AM

blockchain.info's mobile wallets had horrible flaws in them before. so I suggest you look into something else for your mobile bitcoin wallet.
the one that I can remember is the using of random.org for generating a random number which lead to disastrous losses

Only Bitcoin
Teste®

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 04:56:55 AM

i usually use coinbase or xapo, xapo for hot wallet(every day i use this)
prodigy8

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 01:43:06 PM

may be he use 1 bitcoin adddress only 1time, or maybe he want to mixing his bitcoin
send btc to coinbase, sell it with usd and buy back after it your bitcoin get mixing Smiley

Nowadays there are many bitcoin mixer, and the number is just growing, that could work too,
Both coinbase and xapo does not give you private key but their service is good.
But if you want to mix then buying alt coins and selling to other exchange should work too.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 05:32:22 PM

Nowadays there are many bitcoin mixer, and the number is just growing, that could work too,
But if you want to mix then buying alt coins and selling to other exchange should work too.

You can't call wallet such as coinbase & xapo and exchange which has government license are bitcoin mixers, because they keep log for every transaction that have you done.
It means they & government could track you easily Sad
You better use unlicensed exchange, unlicensed gambling site or bitcoin mixers site as bitcoin mixers

Also, even coinbase & xapo has good services, don't forget government are watching them
You better use decentralized wallet, not centralized wallet

It's not really that they are some horrible exchanges.  It's that they are following KYC rules.  This allows them to operate in US without being money launders.   So they really have to do it to operate in us legally.

Can the government get information from them if needed ... yes.  But I know I'm not hiding anything so I'm not to worried about exchanges following KYC.
master sato

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 05:47:50 PM

I have been used blockchain.info no huge download and everything just works instant, and it's easy, and I can access it from any computer I deem safe
prodigy8

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 08:57:07 PM

You can't call wallet such as coinbase & xapo and exchange which has government license are bitcoin mixers, because they keep log for every transaction that have you done.
It means they & government could track you easily Sad
You better use unlicensed exchange, unlicensed gambling site or bitcoin mixers site as bitcoin mixers

Also, even coinbase & xapo has good services, don't forget government are watching them
You better use decentralized wallet, not centralized wallet

For the service that both of them offers they are good enough.
But if we are talking about the tracking then yes, because these licenses are from goverment so basically they can be interested for something and can track you.
When bter was hacked the funds has gone to "btc foggy" can't remember exactly the name but the fund has been disappeared in bitcoin mixer and nobody knows what happened.
MinerHQ
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 01:28:08 AM

I feel xapo will be a best online wallet as per me for safety and also no fee for sending coins.
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 01:40:37 AM

Electrum and multibit are nice for beginners.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 06:24:49 AM

i am not 100% sure but as far as i know you have to give your personal information to wallet service providers like coinbase and xapo.
so as a result the mixing part is useless, because the purpose of using mixers is staying anonymous which you won't have when using xapo or coinbase.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
prodigy8

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 06:28:47 AM

i am not 100% sure but as far as i know you have to give your personal information to wallet service providers like coinbase and xapo.
so as a result the mixing part is useless, because the purpose of using mixers is staying anonymous which you won't have when using xapo or coinbase.

I use coinbase just to send or receive bitcoins, mostly just the "Wallet"
But i don't use it as an exchange because yeah it requires tons of documents to "verify" yourself.
And if you do then there is no anonymous trading and the bitcoin mixer is useless
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 06:29:18 AM

I have been used blockchain.info no huge download and everything just works instant, and it's easy, and I can access it from any computer I deem safe

if you have a copy of the blockchain, you can use core in any computer in a few seconds with a good ssd, and usually i would not access with my info from a public computer anyway

in that case i prfer a mobile wallet for accessing fund immediately
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: