Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 08:11:20 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Best bitcoin wallet?  (Read 47147 times)
ikydesu

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2015, 08:51:41 AM

There are two wallet types. If you want easy and fast access, I would say blockchain is the easiest wallet for me because I can access my wallet from my smartphone and notebook from anywhere. If you want secure access, probably bitcoin core is the best but you have to prepare big free space to use it.

My suggestion is try BitGo, because the security features is better than blockchain wallet.
For your phone, i would suggest you MyCelium.
And if you won't to download the data for sync a bitcoin wallet on your PC, Electrum will solved your problem.
I have tried Electrum and I thing it's good enough for me Cheesy. But I don't know many things about bitcoin so I use blockchain, because it has so many users also modern interface. I haven't tried BitGo, maybe I will try it when I decided to withdraw my bitcoin from blockchain later if something happened with blockchain. I think blockchain security is good enough for me until right now.

Also I prefer to use hot wallet because I can send bitcoin from bitcoin since my main device is my notebook, but in some situations I have to transfer money without my notebook.

Becareful to use blockchain wallet:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1143759.0
Recently there are many people complaint about blockchain wallet service, also they have been removed from bitcoin.org wallet list: https://bitcoin.org/en/choose-your-wallet
smith coins

Activity: 504

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 11:40:36 AM

I would stay away from paper wallets and get a Trezor. As long as you store your 24 word seed in a safe place you can step on your Trezor, ruin it, then just get a new one and restore from seed. You cannot lose your bitcoin and Trezor is convenient to use, even with a smartphone, something paper wallets never will be.

Why do you think to stay away from paper wallets?
I know that it is the cheapest way but it does it job, lately the brainwallet was "hacked" but it does not affects paperwallets
Trezor is a bit expensive for people that does not have much bitcoin but it is the best till now.
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 01:55:37 PM

Still i will recommend bitcoin core. Earlier it was too slow, now its fast enough for day to day use Smiley
Most secure, most reliable, thats way to go.
bytezero

Activity: 414
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 02:11:33 PM

Still i will recommend bitcoin core. Earlier it was too slow, now its fast enough for day to day use Smiley
That is true, the coin controll feature is perfect, I don't know about other wallet that has that option.
suparman987

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 02:57:52 PM

untill today i am still using block.io for web wallet and bitcoin core for my pc.
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2015, 04:01:46 PM

That is true, the coin controll feature is perfect, I don't know about other wallet that has that option.

Armory and Electrum have coin control. Online blockchain.info also allows you to select which addresses are used as inputs to a transaction.

lorylore
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 08:32:18 PM

Recently there are many people complaint about blockchain wallet service, also they have been removed from bitcoin.org wallet list: https://bitcoin.org/en/choose-your-wallet

This can happen to any web wallet which is used only the email and password.

Because people are using the same password in many websites.

And it is needed only one to be leaked and your wallet can be hacked
winspiral
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1026

Free WSPU2 Token or real dollars

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2015, 04:40:48 PM

Day after day I'm more satidfied about Xapo

chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 04:54:37 PM

Idk about the core... it's way too slow for me still, and it will take up the rest of my memory on my laptop which I'm not okay with... As for now I'm going to stick with multibit and breadwallet for a mobile wallet.

snipie
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1140

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2015, 05:02:27 PM

I have a question about the fee:
Is there any service that allow you to send coins from an address to another for free? (either in the same wallet or a wallet of a concurrent)
If yes is there a maximum fee allowed for free?

Heard that xapo & coinbase offers this but I am not sure. Can you confirm this? And is others?
Thanks  Smiley

winspiral
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1026

Free WSPU2 Token or real dollars

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2015, 05:05:20 PM

I have a question about the fee:
Is there any service that allow you to send coins from an address to another for free? (either in the same wallet or a wallet of a concurrent)
If yes is there a maximum fee allowed for free?

Heard that xapo & coinbase offers this but I am not sure. Can you confirm this? And is others?
Thanks  Smiley

For Xapo it is sure... but I read something about many wallets...i do not remember
but i have so far 3 wallets on xapo and it is fee free

smith coins

Activity: 504

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 05:20:00 PM

It can be slow if you pc configuration is low, or the internet speed is slow.
Why do you still promote something that you can steal people's bitcoins.
As in the bitcoin site has been removed the blockchain.info wallet i am not using it.
Harry Hood

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 07:52:15 AM

The best bitcoin wallet is the one with the most money in it that I have the password to.

Here's a good link for you: https://bitcoin.org/en/choose-your-wallet

ikydesu

Activity: 686

fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2015, 08:21:05 AM

This can happen to any web wallet which is used only the email and password.

Because people are using the same password in many websites.

And it is needed only one to be leaked and your wallet can be hacked

That's right. Even if you use blockchain wallet with 2FA, it's not impossible your account will be hack. I got bad experience with blockchain wallet.

Better to use cold wallet which have good security features.
~Bitcoin~
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 08:26:05 AM

Currently using bitcoin core and blockchain.info. The security of your wallet does not depends on the wallet but on you.

lawhence

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 10:58:34 AM

Electrum is the best bitcoin desktop wallet. It has all the features everyone look for. If you run a business and you need to transact every day then electrum is the right choice.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 01:15:09 PM

Electrum is the best bitcoin desktop wallet. It has all the features everyone look for. If you run a business and you need to transact every day then electrum is the right choice.

If you do this you really should move most of your coins to cold storage still.  I'm guessing the desktop for work stays on all day, and most likely surf's web so it is not a super secure environment.  

Technically you could run a business off cold wallets to.  And bring them up as needed to send to whoever you need to send to.  But if many transactions i could see where this one might become a pain to do.
samueljohn

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 09:37:15 PM

till today, i am still using coinbase.. have more than 2years.
lorylore
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 04:21:49 PM

Currently using bitcoin core and blockchain.info. The security of your wallet does not depends on the wallet but on you.

The security of your wallet does depends from both sides.
It can be your fault for the wrong authorization like weak password or not implemented the Two factor strong authentication.
But the worst case when the web wallet goes offline or that website is shutdown and you can't control the bitcoins
shane

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 04:27:41 PM

till today, i am still using coinbase.. have more than 2years.

I use more wallet, coinbase, blockctrail, block.io, blockchain, mycellium, also xapo
but my main address at blockchain and mycellium Smiley

▄▄██████▄▄
      ╓▄███▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀███▄╖
   ▄███▀▀≈╜▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀╙≈▀▀███▄
 ▄██▀▄▓▀▄██▀╜    ╙▀██▄▀▓▄▀██▄
▐██,██║N▀`          '▀N║██ ██▌
██╜██╜╗                ╔╙██╙██
▐█▌█║                ║█µ▓▐█▌
▐█▌ ▐█║                ║█▌ ▐█▌
▐█▌▐╗█║                ║█╔▌▐█▌
██║▐█▄",              ,"▄█▌║██
▐██ ▀██½█▄▄        ▄▄█½██▀╓██▌
 ▀██▓▄▀▀╥▀▀▀      ▀▀▀╥▀▀▄▓██▀
   ▀▀███▓▄ª▀██████▀Q▄▓███▀▀
      ╙▀▀██▓▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀╜
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄       ▄▄        ▄▄    ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄      ,▄▄▄
  ▄███▀▀▀▀███▄  ▄██▀▀▀██  ▄██████████   ███     ▐██▄       ██▌   █████  ▀███    ▄███▀
 ▐██▀      ▀██▌▐█▀        ██▀          █████    ▐████╗     ██▌           ╙▀█▀ ,███▀
 ██▌        ▐██           ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███ ███   ▐██▀██▄    ██▌   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ╙ ╔███"
▐██          ██▌          ████████   ███   ███  ▐██ `▀██▄  ██▌   ███████▀   ▄███,
 ██▌        ▐██           ██        ███     ██▌ ▐██   ╙███╗██▌            ,██████▄
 ▐██▄      ▄██▌▐█▄        ██▄      ███       █▌ ▐██     ╙████▌           ╔███  ▀██▄
  ▀███▄▄▄▄███▀  ▀██▄▄▄██  ▀█████  ███           ▐██       ▀██▌   █████  ▄██▌    ▀███▄
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀             ▀▀        ▀▀    ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀"      "▀▀▀

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: