Bitcoin Forum
August 29, 2024, 10:16:39 AM *
News: All versions of Windows are affected by a critical security bug; make sure you update.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 ... 416 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH  (Read 527739 times)
torepia

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 06:51:38 PM

Anyone still  waiting with nothing shipped and no tracking?

I'm still waiting, they shipped the PSU's straightaway, but not a word on the S7's yet.
wolfen

Activity: 770
Merit: 523

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 07:38:54 PM

Howdy folks.
Got ONE batch one in today, mailed on Sept 30.

Clocked at 575mhz
It is at batch TWO clock speed. Oy!

Plugged in, came right up , not much noisier than an s5. Has a fuller small vacuum cleaner sound.
Blows some heat, but not so much, ambient temp low right now.
One board connector was a bit stubborn to attach to but finally went on.
All chips good. No loose heatsinks.

I'll be posting observations.

What day was your order (payment) confirmed?

August 31 purchase and confirmation for one.
It was shipped 7pm on September 30.
I have more that where purchased sporadically during September that have no tracking yet.
October 9 seems to be the magic day.

I get the feeling they are more worried about wattage being out of spec too high than

For those about to block we salute you! AC->BTC
wolfen

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 07:47:00 PM

Do we know what the result is if you power the controller before the hash boards?
Do the hash boards not get detected?
Can you fix it with a soft reboot?

VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 07:49:03 PM

Do we know what the result is if you power the controller before the hash boards?

Yes you can fix it.
I've simply had the board not boot because it is not detected at boot.
I would probably avoid doing this as i'm unaware if there might be electrical issue related to this that would cause hardware damage.
Anyways, a soft reboot worked for me, but i didn't repeat the experience. Also a power cycling would definitively fix it if no damage was caused.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
RichBC

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 08:20:13 PM

Yes you can fix it.
I would probably avoid doing this as i'm unaware if there might be electrical issue related to this that would cause hardware damage.
Anyways, a soft reboot worked for me, but i didn't repeat the experience. Also a power cycling would definitively fix it if no damage was caused.

It's a great pity that we are having to guess why the instructions are to power up the Controller after the Hash boards. It would be much more useful if we were told what the problem(s) are if this is not done....

So to continue the guessing. In practice I suspect that most users are doing what they have always done and are powering up Controller & Hash Boards simultaneously, and are getting away with this?

There are then some reports of S7 that seem to have a lower Hash Rate & Higher HW errors either at switch on or after a power outage, that can be fixed by a Software Reboot, which could be interpreted as being the same as powering up the Hash Boards first, so perhaps this is the reason?

My latest best guess on the reason is nothing to do with the above problems but all to do with the fact that the controller now has a separate supply whereas in the past it was powered from the hash board and hence was powered simultaneously, with no risk that the Controller could be powered & the Hash Board not.

I think what Bitmain is guarding against is a situation where only the Controller is powered at the point that the Hash boards start taking power. The reason being that I suspect there is then a risk that the unpowered Hash Board attempts to take current from the Controller?

Unfortunately just another guess, but there you go.  Smiley

Rich

→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Hard-Disk Mineable Cryptocurrency !! B U R S T C O I N 💰 Cheap Price & Easy to Invest - CHECK IT OUT NOW! !! →→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Asset exchange, Automatic transactions, Escrow system & More !!
wolfen

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 08:34:12 PM

Yes you can fix it.

It's a great pity that we are having to guess why the instructions are to power up the Controller after the Hash boards. It would be much more useful if we were told what the problem(s) are if this is not done....

So to continue the guessing. In practice I suspect that most users are doing what they have always done and are powering up Controller & Hash Boards simultaneously, and are getting away with this?

There are then some reports of S7 that seem to have a lower Hash Rate & Higher HW errors either at switch on or after a power outage, that can be fixed by a Software Reboot, which could be interpreted as being the same as powering up the Hash Boards first, so perhaps this is the reason?

My latest best guess on the reason is nothing to do with the above problems but all to do with the fact that the controller now has a separate supply whereas in the past it was powered from the hash board and hence was powered simultaneously, with no risk that the Controller could be powered & the Hash Board not.

I think what Bitmain is guarding against is a situation where only the Controller is powered at the point that the Hash boards start taking power. The reason being that I suspect there is then a risk that the unpowered Hash Board attempts to take current from the Controller?

Rich

This scenario happens with s5 controllers and hash boards also.
The s5 controller gets power from ONE hashboard so they would both go on at the same time.
The other hashboard however may not get powered at the same time.
I've had to soft reboot when the second hashboard chips don't show up live after a power on
or when nicehash does a pool switch and the hashrate goes to ZERO on the miner.
Sometimes it never comes back and locks up, other times one hashboard comes back and no amount of soft reboot
will fix it. At that point a power cycle is needed.

Glad I have the remote control PDU's so I can remotely power cycle instead of going the the PSU
and toggling the switch.

VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 08:37:56 PM

Yes you can fix it.

Rich

The s5 controller gets power from ONE hashboard so they would both go on at the same time.
I've had to soft reboot when the second hashboard chips don't show up live after a power on
Sometimes it never comes back and locks up, other times one hashboard comes back and no amount of soft reboot

Glad I have the remote control PDU's so I can remotely power cycle instead of going the the PSU
and toggling the switch.

I'm not sure WHY but what do happen is that when a board is "powered" without a controller. Its not actually "on" its just connected to the energy supply. Then when the controller turn on, the blades all light up simultaneously.

I think there is probably not much risk to the hardware but its best to be cautious. Its probably just an issue of the controller sending a call to the boards and if its not already connected to an active power supply, it does not answer and thus is considered dead.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
wolfen

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 08:43:34 PM

Howdy folks.

Clocked at 575mhz

Plugged in, came right up , not much noisier than an s5. Has a fuller small vacuum cleaner sound.

August 31 purchase and confirmation for one.
It was shipped 7pm on September 30.
I have more that where purchased sporadically during September that have no tracking yet.
October 9 seems to be the magic day.

I get the feeling they are more worried about wattage being out of spec too high than
hashrate being too low.

wolfen

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 08:54:54 PM

Yes you can fix it.

Rich

and toggling the switch.

I'm not sure WHY but what do happen is that when a board is "powered" without a controller. Its not actually "on" its just connected to the energy supply. Then when the controller turn on, the blades all light up simultaneously.

I think there is probably not much risk to the hardware but its best to be cautious. Its probably just an issue of the controller sending a call to the boards and if its not already connected to an active power supply, it does not answer and thus is considered dead.

The last two hashboards I lost on s5's were the ones NOT connected to the controller.
At least it was easy to combine two hashboards from two half dead s5's and make a good one.
Also running an s5 with a bad hashboard connected will usually lock up after a bit for me but if you pull the hash cable off
the bad one it will run the other one by itself just fine.

VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 08:57:10 PM

Yes you can fix it.

Rich

and toggling the switch.

The last two hashboards I lost on s5's were the ones NOT connected to the controller.
At least it was easy to combine two hashboards from two half dead s5's and make a good one.
Also running an s5 with a bad hashboard connected will usually lock up after a bit for me but if you pull the hash cable off

Are you saying those two hashboard died because they were not powered at the same time as the controller? If they are all on the same PSU, they will all be powered at the same time, it does not matter afaik which board the controller is connected to.

But if you were powering the two boards on two different source, then that would be a pretty dread possibility that doing this can damage your hardware...

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
wolfen

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 09:02:57 PM

Yes you can fix it.

Rich

and toggling the switch.

Are you saying those two hashboard died because they were not powered at the same time as the controller? If they are all on the same PSU, they will all be powered at the same time, it does not matter afaik which board the controller is connected to.

But if you were powering the two boards on two different source, then that would be a pretty dread possibility that doing this can damage your hardware...

No not saying that, just an observation. Don't know the reason.

clgrissom3
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1032

Carl, aka Sonny :)

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 09:19:16 PM

Howdy folks.

Clocked at 575mhz

Also has anyone else from batch one got shipment during holiday?  I assumed they would not have  any shipping during it.  But if this is true they may have shipped before holiday to meet before deadline of being late.

I'm still waiting with no shipping notice and no tracking.  I ordered and got confirmation on Spetember 6th.
bsanders

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 09:22:30 PM

Just to post an update, my unit has been running for 10 days straight. Hashing at Eligius using 1,000w EVGA on two boards, and 650w EVGA on one board and controller. Just using stock speeds, have not tried overclocking.

https://i.imgur.com/gmm7NBr.jpg

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 09:24:07 PM

Howdy folks.

Clocked at 575mhz

Also has anyone else from batch one got shipment during holiday?  I assumed they would not have  any shipping during it.  But if this is true they may have shipped before holiday to meet before deadline of being late.

I'm still waiting with no shipping notice and no tracking.  I ordered and got confirmation on Spetember 6th.

Wow very suprising on that.  I was hoping with difficulty looking like it was not to slow considering China having holiday that the S7's were being delivered.   I am pretty amazed on the month since payment.

I wonder if they will do coupons and how much they are worth.   Will be interesting once they start working again.
AriesIV10
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006

Mine for a Bit

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2015, 09:42:21 PM

Hi, I paid 6.438 BTC for an order S7 ID:0012015100400017 but as a result of technical problems blockchain, he had long hung unconfirmed and confirmed when he was already gray, unpaid, expired. and did not change after the payment.
https://blockchain.info/ru/tx/480c85550868758969a11b154da57a9ffdd15f33b8ef45728903b94972c5292b

Send four letters in support bitmaintech, no answer.

Please correct.
My user ID: Dyak80

You most likely will not get a response until after the holiday. I would not worry though, with a record on the blockchain they can prove and verify receipt of your funds.

I just made an order and the same thing happened to me.  Don't Worry, it has happened to me once before when ordering an S5.  They will acknowledge your payment and your order will be put in the order that it was received.  No Worries.

BTC Address (Donations):  3LepZAju88ZRuNVD4cS6Xv5hKyKrjvirkB     Website:  www.MintMining.com
Email: Mining@MintMining.com      Power Supplies: https://bit.ly/2TtvdOR
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 10:00:52 PM

Hi, I paid 6.438 BTC for an order S7 ID:0012015100400017 but as a result of technical problems blockchain, he had long hung unconfirmed and confirmed when he was already gray, unpaid, expired. and did not change after the payment.
https://blockchain.info/ru/tx/480c85550868758969a11b154da57a9ffdd15f33b8ef45728903b94972c5292b

Send four letters in support bitmaintech, no answer.

Please correct.
My user ID: Dyak80

You most likely will not get a response until after the holiday. I would not worry though, with a record on the blockchain they can prove and verify receipt of your funds.

I just made an order and the same thing happened to me.  Don't Worry, it has happened to me once before when ordering an S5.  They will acknowledge your payment and your order will be put in the order that it was received.  No Worries.

It is not a big deal, I have had it happen several times over my orders.  I wish they moved it up to payments in 1.5 or 2 hours would make life easier for all.

But I do suggest emailing bitmain with all the information.  That is quickest way to get it fixed.  Keep in mind when they go to work from holiday they likely have backlog of emails so might be a day or two after.
SunnyIgor

Activity: 353
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 07:40:16 AM

Howdy folks.

Clocked at 575mhz

Also has anyone else from batch one got shipment during holiday?  I assumed they would not have  any shipping during it.  But if this is true they may have shipped before holiday to meet before deadline of being late.

Anyone still  waiting with nothing shipped and no tracking?

I'm still waiting with no shipping notice and no tracking.  I ordered and got confirmation on Spetember 6th.

Wow very suprising on that.  I was hoping with difficulty looking like it was not to slow considering China having holiday that the S7's were being delivered.   I am pretty amazed on the month since payment.

I wonder if they will do coupons and how much they are worth.   Will be interesting once they start working again.

I am still waiting, paid unshipped comfirmed, My bitmain acount create time 2015-09-02. bet I get a 4.6 model aswell! I hope they compensate with something more than just coupons....
Still BITMAIN is the best for home miners but they are slacking!
Rabinovitch
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076

BTCLife.global participant

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 08:11:28 AM

Well, after all discussions here, are the S7 is good thing to enforce the mining farm with? Sure, their efficiency is good (and it's definetely the best available for upper-home level miner for now), but what about their reliability?  Cool

From Siberia with love! Hosting by Rabinovitch!
Fundraising for BOINC Farm
Пpoфeccиoнaльнo зaнимaюcь paзвёpтывaниeм фepм (ASIC, GPU, BURST, STORJ, Filecoin), oбopyдoвaниeм пoмeщeний для мaйнингa.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 08:36:50 AM

Well, after all discussions here, are the S7 is good thing to enforce the mining farm with? Sure, their efficiency is good (and it's definetely the best available for upper-home level miner for now), but what about their reliability?  Cool

yeah what is the warranty? 90 days or so? Anyone have to send one back yet? How much was the RMA costs to China? etc etc

(don't have one ..not getting one ....just nosy) Smiley But hey I could win the lottery and just want to get one..just saying at 13.5c kwh where I'm at ..its not happening Sad

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
beffje

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 08:55:34 AM

Still looking good....
Pages: « 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 ... 416 »
  Print  

Jump to: