Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 03:29:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 [117] 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 ... 416 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH  (Read 527643 times)
wolfen

Activity: 770
Merit: 523

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 05:56:18 PM

Even so, the math I just did indicated a 232 day payback for my Batch 1s.  Of course, that is optimistic since it presumes today's difficulty for the entire time.

It's more than that even, it is unrealistic because the block reward halving will occur prior to your already optimistic estimate of 232 days, and that's going to throw a whole box of monkey wrenches into the works.

The only people that will net profit from the S7 is Bitmain.

I think a lot of people did optomistic ROI math on this machine, specifically batch 1.  I am not sure they will make ROI by having.   Unless BTC goes up in value a good amount, and you are using money not BTC as the indicator. 

But we have a LOT more of these miners to come.   One thing that might save a lot is mining till having and selling.  I predict even at having it still holds a decent value.

BTC is like gold.
If the dollar becomes less attractive gold goes up, BTC goes up in terms of dollars.

For those about to block we salute you! AC->BTC
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 06:02:50 PM

Even so, the math I just did indicated a 232 day payback for my Batch 1s.  Of course, that is optimistic since it presumes today's difficulty for the entire time.

It's more than that even, it is unrealistic because the block reward halving will occur prior to your already optimistic estimate of 232 days, and that's going to throw a whole box of monkey wrenches into the works.

I think a lot of people did optomistic ROI math on this machine, specifically batch 1.  I am not sure they will make ROI by having.   Unless BTC goes up in value a good amount, and you are using money not BTC as the indicator. 

But we have a LOT more of these miners to come.   One thing that might save a lot is mining till having and selling.  I predict even at having it still holds a decent value.

BTC is like gold.
If the dollar becomes less attractive gold goes up, BTC goes up in terms of dollars.

BTC is like the gold off digital money.  Not like gold.  Gold will forever retain a value and is a safer bet then BTC.  BTC is more risky and we really don't have a long history to compare it to.

I don't know how much effect fiat money "becomes less attractive" translates into BTC investments.  I think BTC is still young and has not reached this point for majority of people.
wolfen

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 06:10:28 PM

BTC is like gold.

BTC is like the gold off digital money.  Not like gold.  Gold will forever retain a value and is a safer bet then BTC.  BTC is more risky and we really don't have a long history to compare it to.

I don't know how much effect fiat money "becomes less attractive" translates into BTC investments.  I think BTC is still young and has not reached this point for majority of people.
Nice thing about gold and BTC is you cannot "printing press" them.
Gold is a bit different because they kind of printing press it, there is only one physical gold ounce to about 250 ETF claims on it.
Can't ETF BTC. very nice.

dmwardjr
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318

Technical Analyst/Trader

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 06:11:14 PM

Yes, mine has now changed @ 8:54 PM when it was picked up by UPS.
Still showing 3.00 Kg which has me nervous.
[/quote]

WOW, mine shows 3.00 Kg as well.  Rut Ro

Follow me on Trading View for excellent signals in Bitcoin/US dollar - Bitstamp - https://www.tradingview.com/u/WyckoffMode/.  You can follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/ModeWyckoff My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8IbhpQwrTD6BozJPWnyAHA  My Discord Invite Link: https://discord.com/invite/3EJYTytaTT  My Website is in LIVE BETA: https://wyckoffmode.com/
wolfen

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 06:13:02 PM

Yes, mine has now changed @ 8:54 PM when it was picked up by UPS.
Still showing 3.00 Kg which has me nervous.

WOW, mine shows 3.00 Kg as well.  Rut Ro
[/quote]
I think they play with the numbers, 3kg is pretty close. Spec says 4kg, maybe it is 3.9kg.

dmwardjr
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318

Technical Analyst/Trader

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 06:15:04 PM
Last edit: October 15, 2015, 07:16:35 PM by dmwardjr

I think they play with the numbers, 3kg is pretty close. Spec says 4kg, maybe it is 3.9kg.

I ordered 9 x S7's with shipping for a total of 73.673 BTC.  3.00 Kg isn't near enough weight for what my order should be.  Did anyone else have multiple S7's in their order that shows only a 3.00 Kg weight?

EDIT:  Mine says "Multiple Packages:   9 "    So, no worries.

There is a possibility of having to pay more to UPS to make up for shipping costs if the rigs are 3.9 Kg.  Only time will tell.

Follow me on Trading View for excellent signals in Bitcoin/US dollar - Bitstamp - https://www.tradingview.com/u/WyckoffMode/.  You can follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/ModeWyckoff My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8IbhpQwrTD6BozJPWnyAHA  My Discord Invite Link: https://discord.com/invite/3EJYTytaTT  My Website is in LIVE BETA: https://wyckoffmode.com/
hawkfish007

Activity: 895
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 06:34:17 PM

Mine has changed to "Unshipped" also...I guess it's to fix that little snafu.  I am concerned about hearing that 9/8 orders are being shipped and my 9/6 order is still silent.

Which shipper is yours coming?

These are slated for UPS...but they are going directly to Toomim Bros for hosting so I can't look for items being shipped to my address under MyUPS.

I stand corrected; they were SUPPOSED to be shipped directly to Toomim.  I just found all 4 packages scheduled to be shipped directly to me by the 19th.  My order/confirm date was 2015-09-06 22:25:04.  Now I know.

can't you redirect them?

Hopefully I can.  I have many options now that I'm not completly in the dark.

Okay, I tried to redirect the 4 packages to Toomim Bros located in Washington State and the UPS says "The address is not in close proximity with the original address."  Of course, I'm in Virginia which is on the east coast and Washington is on the west coast so that is about as far in proximity as you can get.

So, my 4 S7s will travel from China up through Alaska, down through Washington and east across the continental USA to Virginia.  Then I have to turn around and send them west across the continental USA back to Washington where the Toomim Bros data center is.  I must have done something wrong when I put Toomim's address on this order.  But hey, it will arrive 43 days after I placed the order and at some point in this process I almost gave up hope that I would ever see anything.  I feel relieved!

Dude I'm in virginia too.
Maybe I could hook you up at my datacenter. You already have stuff at toomim?

How much do you pay per kWh at your data center? I am guessing even with my 7.65 kW solar system Edison's Tier 4 rate of $.31 will kill any hope of ROI if I run these in my garage.

For quality risers, splitters or 133 CFM fans, please visit my eBay listings,
http://www.ebay.com/sch/hawkfish007/m.html?_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1
Cassey

Activity: 470
Merit: 250

Better to have 100 friends than 100 rubles

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 07:09:51 PM

How much do you pay per kWh at your data center? I am guessing even with my 7.65 kW solar system Edison's Tier 4 rate of $.31 will kill any hope of ROI if I run these in my garage.

At $0.0535 kWh ROI is VERY questionable.  I'd never even try at the $0.12 kWh cost out at our farm, much less at $.31.  Now if you have excess solar and are not grid tied with power credits, then maybe, since you have already paid the solar cost.  But chances are you would only be able to run for hours a day, not 7x24, so much less likely.

Cassey
Mikestang
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 07:11:25 PM

Plus when the power goes out people can still trade gold.  All of bitcoin becomes worthless in some sort of event that kills power grids or the internet.

I will be very interested to see in a year from now how many people have ROI'd their S7s.  I suppose if you factor in resale prices, like you mentioned, that number of people will go up, but banking on a strong resale market for used hardware is as much speculation as guessing prices or anything else.
wolfen

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 07:14:22 PM

Mine has changed to "Unshipped" also...I guess it's to fix that little snafu.  I am concerned about hearing that 9/8 orders are being shipped and my 9/6 order is still silent.

These are slated for UPS...but they are going directly to Toomim Bros for hosting so I can't look for items being shipped to my address under MyUPS.

I stand corrected; they were SUPPOSED to be shipped directly to Toomim.  I just found all 4 packages scheduled to be shipped directly to me by the 19th.  My order/confirm date was 2015-09-06 22:25:04.  Now I know.

can't you redirect them?

Okay, I tried to redirect the 4 packages to Toomim Bros located in Washington State and the UPS says "The address is not in close proximity with the original address."  Of course, I'm in Virginia which is on the east coast and Washington is on the west coast so that is about as far in proximity as you can get.

So, my 4 S7s will travel from China up through Alaska, down through Washington and east across the continental USA to Virginia.  Then I have to turn around and send them west across the continental USA back to Washington where the Toomim Bros data center is.  I must have done something wrong when I put Toomim's address on this order.  But hey, it will arrive 43 days after I placed the order and at some point in this process I almost gave up hope that I would ever see anything.  I feel relieved!

A full rack of s7's (12) you pay them about one third of your mining profits all inclusive.

wolfen

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 07:16:47 PM

can't you redirect them?

A full rack of s7's (12) you pay them about one third of your mining profits all inclusive.

Data center only lets you use 21 amps of 208v circuit. You can run three s7's on a circuit plus an s5.

wolfen

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 07:24:48 PM

can't you redirect them?

Data center only lets you use 21 amps of 208v circuit. You can run three s7's on a circuit plus an s5.
one s7 is 6 amps at 208 volts.

alh
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1050

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 08:22:44 PM

Did you folks with 3.0 Kg orders also have Power supplies? There are reports that Bitmain will ship PSU's in advance of the miner itself.

I would think 3.0 Kg as being "light" for the miner.
Rubberduckie
Legendary

Activity: 1442

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 08:24:36 PM

Good luck with that MikeMike.  But they have tightened up warranty to where they say something they really do mean it.

If you look at the list of things that break warranty now you pretty can do nothing to machine except turn on and run to spec.   Anything else now takes permission.  

Out of curiosity did you really wait a year to get the 4 BTC back?  What happened to realize one year later you were owed BTC?

I had my Mother die a terrible death caused by negligence at a hospital and had to move my business at the same time
as her burial arrangements.
She was on the other side of the Continent and was traveling back and forth through her illness and death
and then the legal matters and arranging her burial.
If you have not gone through caring for Elderly Parents till their death one after another then being executor for an estate
with no will, dealing with 5 siblings sorting all that out, closing out a 3 story house
with their accumulated belongings, you have no clue.
You lose years of your life as they come first.
The parts were returned and expected the return of my BTC into wallets I have not checked on for all this time
as I had more important things going on in my life.

What you mention does not apply in my situation.
Each time I had a box of parts to receive they kept requiring me to add to the amount of BTC they held
and sometimes because the box being sent back to them were in transit I suspect.

So you see the majority of the BTC should have been returned to me
and that was negligence on their part.

For them to keep ALL the BTC for the few separate transactions of returns is uncalled for and theft.
Nor is it the way you treat a Loyal Customer that gave them 329+BTC in business and is still
considering to conduct further substantial business with them.

Now I am not saying it is theft at this present time. The end result will be their decision
and I have seen it many times in my life, things go "full circle".
Their current policy has nothing to do with what happened then and should not be used as
a scape goat. Even IF we never sent those last box of parts back it is no reason to keep
all the BTC for each of the RMA arrangements made. At most they were late and from good reason.
Bitmain was made aware I was going through extenuating circumstances at that time.
Not only that but it was a suggestion by us to give our customers great service and
the end result was it made Bitmain look awesome in customer service so we actually
went out on a limb to make them look good.

I am in PM talks with Mr. YHQIN at this time and they asked for the tracking number.
They should have this info since we used their shipping service UPS # they provided us for these returns.
However we will begin digging through boxes and checking direct with UPS for it.
I wish this matter to be resolved respectably and with Honor.

MM

You guys are huge and you are going to keep all that BTC over a late shipment back?

That strikes me as being unreasonable and unethical.

I've known Mike for some time now and he is as straight as they come.

It doesn't make good business sense to upset a loyal customer over what is a relatively small amount of money, I hope you do the right thing.

hawkfish007

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 08:29:53 PM

Did you folks with 3.0 Kg orders also have Power supplies? There are reports that Bitmain will ship PSU's in advance of the miner itself.

I would think 3.0 Kg as being "light" for the miner.

That's about right weight for the miner, I sold my early B1 miner and remember shipping weight to be a little over 6 lbs.

hawkfish007

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 08:34:47 PM

can't you redirect them?

That's very good price power usage wise. I will keep that in mind for my next purchase, out of extra cash right now for paying for solar system in cash to afford 12 S7s. One question though, how would you split the earnings?

MaximeAD

Activity: 175
Merit: 101

cryptominer.ca

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2015, 08:37:59 PM

Paid on Septembre 30 for Batch 2. Not shipped yet Sad.

Once it gets shipped, I'm immediately buying more of them!

http://www.cryptominer.ca - Bitcoin Miner Hosting Solutions
wolfen

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 08:48:45 PM

can't you redirect them?

That's very good price power usage wise. I will keep that in mind for my next purchase, out of extra cash right now for paying for solar system in cash to afford 12 S7s. One question though, how would you split the earnings?

What do you mean exactly?
You mine $3000 per month and pay the data center $1000? Like that?

ComboAlex

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 08:55:23 PM

Guys who's already received S7 please do the tutorial normal tutorial I'd like to see it, the overclock and everything, and please someone tell me who order by Bank transfer ?   
sjc1490

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 09:10:21 PM

Guys who's already received S7 please do the tutorial normal tutorial I'd like to see it, the overclock and everything, and please someone tell me who order by Bank transfer ?   

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1194785

BTC ADDRESS: 12Qwd8VKLQ4xF44ytHXBpCAKuF9VknG4X2
Pages: « 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 [117] 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 ... 416 »
  Print  

Jump to: